- Order tracking
- APIs for invoicing scripts
- User management
- Can sometimes be slow
- Sometimes the amount of customisation available leads to it being very difficult to change things you created a few months/years ago
- The mobile offering is poor
- Great flexibility. The system is very flexible and you are able to setup reports and manage screens in the way you wish, adding custom fields and hiding any information deemed not important enough. user access levels can be used lock down various parts of the system
- Great support team and very helpful when doing our own custom integrations
- Excellent for lead management and reporting on opportunities that we can then pass onto the sales team
- Easy to use, the interface looks clean and modern and its simple to find your way around
- We use it for support but find it difficult to easily link support emails that arrive to organisations, it requires a lot of manual input to open/close a case
- The flexibility can be a hindrance as it can be difficult to work out exactly what you wish to see, especially in reports. Sometimes a simple report is all thats required but it provides a lot of information
- Can sometimes be a little slow and goes down from time to time but this is fairly rare
We're also managing all of our marketing activities through Workbooks using Campaigns so we know every communication we've sent out to both prospects and customer and who has received our emails. We're also able to manage our trade show expenditure using Workbooks so we know where best to spend our money.
- The Workbooks automated reporting works particularly well for us. We can send a weekly email to the sales team so they know exactly where they are against target.
- The Dashboard feature is particularly good in Workbooks, it means that we can see, at a glance, the status of our sales pipeline and who is performing, who is not and what business we are likely to close for the upcoming months and quarters.
- Being able to see key reports on login is also a really nice feature, it means that crucial information that can determine business decisions is displayed as soon as Workbooks is launched and we're forewarned at the start of the business day.
- I'd like to see the multi currency handled better. If I want to see a view that contains customer finance data from multiple regions, I can't see a total in GBP unless I create a report.
- We found it difficult to manage support cases in Workbooks and the support team has had to move to another platform. Maybe looking at what ZenDesk is doing would be a good next step here.
- I'd like to see a way of adding multiple contacts to a lead record. At the moment, every person has to have their own record as there's only space for one person and that means multiple records for one company.
- Transparency regarding the stage that each of our projects are at.
- Excellent way of ensuring that each project has a current task against it, ensuring that someone within the team has control of the project.
- Great data accessibility as many of the team work in the field or from home.
- Excellent management reporting.
- Uploading images (that we insert into our quotes or risk assessments/method statements) could be better.
- Some kind of time sheet function would be great.
- More data space per user and a better indexing of the upload library.
- I can create views, which allow me to quickly access opportunities which require my attention.
- I can check the history of an account, including emails, support tickets and transactions.
- I can reassign leads and opportunities to other members.
- I can log in from any device.
- Searching for names can be slow.
- Workbooks is a complex system and can take a little while to master.
- Managing multiple user types can be tricky to get the right security access.
- The opportunities database for sales staff, very detailed but still available at a glance.
- Functionality with GatorMail, being able to receive data from email shots.
- Reports are a great way to pull together different records within Workbooks, and being able to send these as automated emails helps with sales cycles.
- Search functionality isn't great, could be more advanced.
- Reports are hard to create if not familiar with the process.
- Contact management
- Contact tracking
- Campaign tracking
- Lead tracking
- Lead management
- Customer service
- Contact management - by this I mean core CRM functionality. Workbooks does it as well as any other software we tested.
- Pipeline management and reporting - again, Workbooks does this as well as any other software we tested.
- Client management - From a holistic client management perspective, from contact management to sales tracking, invoicing, and service, Workbooks does it all.
- Workbooks is not easy or as intuitive to learn as some CRMs and that is the primary reason I don't rank it as a 10.
- Workbooks has quite a few built in reports and dashboards but to do more advanced reports and dashboards you need to utilize the services of a consultant.
- Workbooks integrates with a few other software packages such as MailChimp but it is not an intuitive process to integrate.
- Workbooks is intuitive, and provides the right type of functionality that fit SMB type organisations in handling their sales and business development processes. Workbooks provides the capability to deal with End-to-End processes, from Lead to Order to Cash. So including sending out invoices. Also allows to integrate with accounting packages, either through existing integrations or through available API.
- Workbooks is easy to use and configure and yet powerful and flexible. Most functionality is available 'out of the box' and more is available through configuring the system yourselves or by being supported by Workbooks, who are very knowledgable and provide friendly and high quality support in delivering to your requirement.
- Workbooks is priced right and cost effective. Allows to mix-and-match users with different requirements and corresponding licenses. Thus stays fit for purpose to the various types of users in your organisation, ensuring you are not overcharged.
- Really like the scheduled reporting, so we can have automated reports in email telling us new leads in today not followed up yet when on the move. Also useful for weekly management summaries automatically prompting you to review exceptions.
- The flexibility and wealth of functions does require good thinking and preparation before implementing Workbooks. At times it is rather complex to choose the right approach to the type of functionality to implement, as a multitude of options is available and could end up not choosing the right setup. This could cause some iterations in getting it right. Advanced insights may redirect your approach, but then the service is very flexible to modify to your need. Still it's easy to start off quickly and learn by doing.
- Importing functionality is somewhat limited in feedback of where the import goes wrong. While the function works great when you have it right, and this protects from loading in wrong data, you are not getting much feedback where you go wrong in trying to import legacy data.
- Limited planning and Calendar function, and limited synchronisation / integration with e.g. google calendar.
- Need for language packs. Whilst Google Chrome provides an automated translate function when using Workbooks, and the ability to change the names of (almost) all your fields, as well as handle the data in Workbooks in your own language, it would be great to be able to have language packages in working with Workbooks fully in your native language.
If you are very heavy on project management then Workbooks is somewhat limited, but then again its a CRM and not a project planning tool.
There is no limit to scale, although Workbooks aims and is most geared towards SMB.
Lots of functionality is available and can be added upon or modified using scripts and integrations.
It is recommended to do a good requirements gathering and use a phased implementation approach such that you stay on track. The Workbooks team is very happy to support with this.
- Ease of configuration to suit specific requirements
- Inter-connectivity with other applications
- Friendly user interface
- Extent of capability to support multifaceted businesses
- Integration with Outlook from cloud based business systems
- Ease of dashboard creation
- Scalability of the service
- Integration with Mailchimp and other solutions such as Google Agenda etc
- The fact that it has a great dashboard was a big help to our sales team, as well as the ease with which reports can be produced on the fly as well as exporting reset data
- Actually keeping tabs on the sales process per user is a great help for me to set targets or adjust course if needed
- The simplicity and easewith which we can export PDF templates for offers, confirmation orders and invoices.
- There really isn't all that much, what I would like to see is an app to use on iDevices. Our sales team all have iPads for presentations etc.
- While Workbooks works rather well with HTML 5, I would still like to see an app. I know it's in the making, but haven't seen anything of this as of yet.
- I am sure that would increase productivity even further (if it's of the same standard as the main environment).
- Automation - It allows you to create automated follow ups and reminders based on updating fields or other criteria
- Reporting - In depth reporting and dashboards allow you to keep track of your business from following up on sales leads to what is in your pipeline. You can even automate reports so that they are created and sent in real time so you don't even have to be in the system to get your reports if you so choose.
- Integrating with other platforms. We have integrated Workbooks with things like Quickbooks, MailChimp, HelloSign and others to make our processes more automated and streamlined.
- High amount of Customization - No limitations on custom fields that can be created, multiple form layouts per record type, create your own relationships between people and/or organizations.
- It would be nice to have the google calendar integration now, but it's coming in Q1 of 2015 so we're happy to have that feature.
The area we wanted to improve was cross utilisation of a single database for sales, marketing and business development, hand-over from one exec to another, back up and support in the office for sales people on the road. This has allowed us to report upon the progress of sales and revenue vs targets and forecasts.
- Sales process management from enquiry to delivery of product
- This was previously on as many as 4 systems using excel and legacy applications such as the written word in log books
- Automatic reporting for financial compliance: once built, the reporting process reduced the workload on a monthly basis from 2 days to 20 minutes
- The FD loved it
- The overall capability of the package enabled the sales force to rapidly pull our pertinent data for a sales call, plus managing time and resources better for increased efficiency
- Business development and focussed marketing became so much easier, we noted that the process paid for itself many times over
- I would like the report building to be more intuitive, but the support systems in place are a great help
- Building dashboards with built-in reports is sometimes a bit top heavy
- Managing individual access rights is sometimes a bit of a bear trap
We are 3 years in and are very happy with the product.
- Relatively simple to customise the layout of the various screens
- Support is very good
- Opportunity management, tracking and reporting
- Reporting, with a little help, is good. Particularly the scheduled emails, so no missed deadlines!.
- Dashboards are a good idea, but take quite a bit of work to get right
- Customising screens is not as straight forward as it can be, but after a time you get used to it.
- If you already have a database uploaded to Workbooks, some of the integrations and APIs don't function in a way we would like. If a record is new to your database, then there are no issues.
If we were going through the process again, I would focus more around how data is managed, and how we as Connection2 would like to work. The platform is good, but we are using it slightly differently to how it was designed.
- Simple to use and bring new users on to
- Lower cost of ownership with no upgrades or patching to "have to do"
- When you need support its there
- We needed a specific function and were told that it would be available in a future release. We changed a process in the business and then the feature came out sooner.
How many application are you replacing near term or in the future, think about the costs of doing so even though the services work is a reasonable day rate.
This is a subscription cost so make sure you company benefits from the opex budget versus the capex costs usually associated with software and supporting hardware.
- Its very user friendly and has an interface that's easy to understand and use.
- Its easy to customize layouts views etc.
- The quality of service delivered to customers has improved.
- Overall it has helped the company to grow and continue to do so.
- No Complaints
Workbooks Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Workbooks offers cloud-based CRM, marketing automation and business applications to the mid-market, at an affordable price. Workbooks extends beyond sales, marketing and customer support to include order management and fulfillment, invoicing and supplier management, and aims to offer a price which is typically 50-70% less than solutions such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics.
Workbooks aims to provide a single 360° view of customers, where the information is accessible anytime, anywhere. According to the vendor, benefits include increased productivity, streamlined operations, and better decision-making.
|Workbooks CRM Edition||$30||per user/per month|
|Workbooks Business Edition||$70||per user/per month|
Workbooks Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Workbooks Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||English, American English, French, German, Spanish|