Reviews (1-3 of 3)
Workday Financial Management is used by our entire organization. We use it on a daily basis to track our working hours, paid time off, our pay stubs and much more. It helps us stay on track by calculating the number of hours every employee works and when they hit their overtime. This, in turn, helps the company to avoid paying employees overtime and make sure that nobody gets overworked. All of the benefits are tracked via Workday as well. Any communication regarding requesting time off to rolling in new policies is all communicated via Workday.
- Workday is very organized and user friendly. I haven't heard this from any of my co workers that they faced a hard time navigating around or getting technical support.
- The platform offers variety of options for the company to offer to their employees. This includes easy access to their time off balance, hours they have worked, and accessing pay stubs any time.
- One of the biggest thing I notice on a lot of technical platforms is that they don't notify their users of any updates they may be making on their website but workday does a great job of notifying its user way ahead of time of any updates they may be doing
- Some of the Workday updates last till like 10 in the morning which prevents employees to clock in and check their times and some cases their schedules
- Workday can work on opening documents quicker instead of taking couple of minutes or notifying the user when they are ready to download
Read Zahra Najib's full review
Workday is a very innovative platform that offers plenty of options and resources to its users in their daily lives. I have used Workday in three of the organizations I have worked in the past for. I am also a current user of Workday through my employer. Workday is best suitable for any retail or customer-facing environments. More and more companies are using Workday to even have strong candidates apply for a job. This helps them navigate their way through a platform that they will be using in the near future.
December 08, 2018
Workday Financial Management is a very solid and comprehensive system for a new organization to implement
Score 8 out of 10
It is being used in our five-year-old China affiliate organization, but not used globally. It is the base system for accounting, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, asset management, sub-ledgers and financial reporting / operations. It does address our need for an enterprise resource planning system to support the backbone of the company and its financial management.
- We specically wanted a cloud financial management system that we could use in China and communicate reports to the headquarters organization and roll-up reporting. It performs well.
- It was reasonably priced since we are not a for-profit company and need the Workday flexibility for finance and accounting operations. Most of our requirements are met with this one system.
- The system worked efficiently with the additional security we built on to keep confidential. Many reports are ready off-the-shelf or easy to develop, which is a strength.
- We were surprised by the lack of user guides and supporting information for day-to-day users. Granted, we could find this, but our users like guides.
- The system could improve with contact help and chat functions if you need the answers quickly. We figured this would all have been built in.
- Quite surprised by the lack of treasury management functionality. SAP and Oracle have it, although their modules are not that comprehensive or user friendly.
Read this authenticated review
It was suited for our brand new operation; we 'opened the box' and implemented it from scratch and did not have to sunset older systems and replace with Workday Financial Management. This was well-suited for this. The cloud functionality was a core requirement for the organization, we did not need a Cadillac with all of the trimmings, we moved relatively quickly and installed.
April 10, 2017
Score 6 out of 10
When I first started it, we were using Workday Financial Management mainly for financial planning and project management.
- I really liked being able to put together reports for my supervisor by using the financial planning tools. I was able to show our actuals which then allowed my boss to talk more easily with our accounting department to plan future budgets.
- We only used this system for a short time before switching over to new software, but nothing from my experience. There are a lot of great tools with Workday Financial Management, I'm sure our other departments could have made great use out of features like inventory, expenses, or procurement.
Read this authenticated review
I thought this was a great tool for putting together and tracking our department's actuals. Kind of like a Google Doc, people could edit it in real-time and comment. Which is great as I work on projects with coworkers where the events and projects are using different budgets. It helps to sort through what items should hit each budget.
Workday Financial Management Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Workday Financial Management
Workday Financial Management is built on a global foundation that provides organizations with the core financial management capabilities expected from a modern cloud solution. It goes well beyond just managing financial processes to achieve greater insight, improve financial consolidation and reduce time to close, instill internal control and auditability, and achieve consistency across global operations.
By using an in-memory architecture and object data model, Workday has delivered a single system that supports transaction processing, multidimensional reporting, consolidation, planning, and compliance—all using a consistent user experience accessible from desktop or mobile devices.
Key feature areas:
Accounting and Finance
Audit and Internal Controls
Reporting and Analytics
Global Financial Reporting and Consolidation
Workday Financial Management Integrations
Workday Financial Management Competitors
Oracle, SAP, Oracle NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
Workday Financial Management Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Workday Financial Management Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, U.S.|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese (Simplified), Italian, Portuguese, and Japanese|