Workday HCM Reviews

February 05, 2020
We use Workday across the organization for performance/career management, absence (etc.) tracking, booking leave, and integration to other platforms such as compliance attestation, LinkedIn Learning, etc.
  • The UI is clean and easy to navigate.
  • It has neat integration features to support L&D and compliance tasks.
  • Workday HCM has come a LONG WAY, it used to be terrible!
  • There are times when it's not obvious how to perform a task, or to accidentally do the wrong thing (aka, not as intuitive as it could be).
There has been a considerable investment in developing Workday HCM. When I first started using it six years ago, and it was excruciating and caused issues continuously (back then, my manager once accidentally "fired" one of my colleagues, resulting in him not being paid for a month!). Happily, things have changed, and this seamless integrates payroll to leave (even managing our firms generous but complicated paternity leave). Has resulted in Workday HCM becoming (almost) the one-stop-shop for HR stuff if only they had travel/expenses, then it really would be a one-stop-shop!
Not able to comment, as a user, I call our HR hotline for support with Workday. However, they are very knowledgeable, so I can only presume that support for them is excellent!
November 19, 2019
Amanda Haskett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization. All employees have some sort of access to Workday. We have those working directly in the recruiting payrolls etc., side of things. Others are using it to keep track of their on work benefits, time, growth and keeping in contact and knowing others throughout the organization.
  • Time tracking
  • Benefits
  • Recruiting
  • Communication
  • More user-friendly for employees
Workday is a great solution to companies that have employees spread amongst locations.. this gives an opportunity for continued growth and success as well as great information for said employees. It definitely makes it easier on those HR associates who are not housed in specific locations where employees need more assistance.
The support is great.. it helps to keep moving processes throughout the HR flow. We are able to connect great people to even better jobs and use the tools to promote those people highly qualified to the positions they seek.. benefits are easily accessible along with payroll and goal setting.
Read Amanda Haskett's full review
November 15, 2019
Bryan Parry | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Workday across the entire organization for a variety of HR functions - requesting PTO, seeing team hierarchies/departments, etc. It also integrates with other systems that can control access to things like SFDC, NetSutie, OpenAir, etc. We do not use it to manage HR plans or handle our pay stubs or benefit allocation like health insurance, 401(k), etc.
  • PTO requests and viewing is very quick and easy.
  • Useful to see where people sit in our organization and to find someone's manager if necessary,
  • Workday also contains useful contact info like cell phone if you need that in an emergency.
  • We use separate systems for pay stubs / benefit allocation as well as managing HR plans. Would be great if Workday could handle all of these things well.
  • This may be our setup, but I am unable to pull useful reports which I want to use to analyze headcount & capacity. This may be just how we set up access.
It does the simply HR tasks very quickly and easily. I like the interface as well. It does still seem to be lacking in its full functionality because we do need to use a variety of other systems for HR-related things. I think Workday should focus on improving these other areas so that we could reduce the # of systems we need to go into. The functions that we do use Workday for operate well.
Wish the reporting and integrations were better and that we were able to use Workday in more contexts. I think that Workday probably does have more capabilities than we use, but I'm not sure how user-friendly they are. I like using Workday for what we do use it for and therefore would recommend it.
Read Bryan Parry's full review
November 05, 2019
Rachel Friedlander-Holm | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the whole organization to hold much of our employees' necessary HR information.
  • Massive scale. Uber is huge and being able to access Uber employee information across teams and regions is super helpful.
  • Easy-to-use interface. I really like the ability to easily pull user information needed to provide insight into my programming.
  • Trusted source. I've never been let down by the partnership and consistency across the board!
  • Access to all user information. Sometimes I've found some inconsistencies in reports I've pulled through Workday. This could be bad data or the system, unsure of the origin.
I had to create a new entry for taking time off for employees to volunteer through a "Volunteer Time Off" category and this was a super easy and seamless experience because of Workday.
I've never reached out to support but I am sure they would be great.
Read Rachel Friedlander-Holm's full review
October 02, 2019
Roy Zumbado Cognuchz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We usually adjust to the system our clients use for headhunting talent, and for the selection process, Workday is a great tool for any Human Resources related transaction. Reporting and its lovely User Interface and User Experience is the best I have seen in the market so far. We used Workday back when I worked for HPE. It was easy to filter out and navigate through a sea of candidates using Workday, also the day to day, performance reviews, so easy to use. I highly recommend it for businesses of any size.
  • Candidate selection funnel management and documentation
  • Performance reviews made easy and simple
  • Reports to find the right talent in the database
  • I think over the years they've improved the areas I thought needed to be improved which shows they listen to feedback and the tool evolves.
  • R&D in how to extract all data from resumes and avoid having to enter so much manual data in applications, though sync with Linkedin is cool
It is best suited for mid to huge companies, easy to use, create reports and analyze data, beautiful User Experience and User Interface. For small or micro businesses it would help them keep everything in one place and it is great. However cost wise there may be cheaper alternatives, if you can afford it, then use it.
Great support, hardly ever had to use them thought. Keep it up.
Read Roy Zumbado Cognuchz's full review
September 26, 2019
Michael Tantouri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Allows us to log personal contact and work data and also log all of our performance and goals from an incentive perspective. Quarterly goals can be logged and monitored and accessed and approved by managers. Each quarter we'll use HCM Workday to register our quarterly objectives and allow us as users to track them.
  • Objective and goal setting
  • Use of emergency contacts
  • Registration of Work tie company and period of employment
  • The main user interface can feel a little clunky.
  • The way you choose options from the drop-down boxes is a little confusing
Support has been excellent when we need it.
Read Michael Tantouri's full review
October 30, 2019
Workday HCM is being used by the entire organization, worldwide.
It addresses onboarding, compensation, reviews, PTO tracking, personnel employee work life. Workflows are set up for supervisors and managers to approve changes. Employees go in and put in their goals and annual reviews, which go back to the managers for their part. All gets completed, approved and submitted in the application.
  • Onboarding.
  • Promotions and increases.
  • Tracking of the employee life cycle.
  • Tax forms - want to be able to house state tax forms for employees to fill out at the same time as FWT - W4, without having to purchase the payroll module.
  • PTO - ability to grant time over 10 months and prorate time-based on hire date.
  • Be more user-friendly. Example direct deposit set up is extremely burdensome. The system is not intuitive.
  • PTO - be able to see your entire direct reports and their reports time for the year at a glance!
In a large organization where there are multiple locations and hierarchies, a WFM system works well to get workflows completed in a standardized manner and allow an unbiased view of employee and management timeliness. It allows for self-service and a way to legally comply by having all forms submitted able to be signed with an electronic signature.
Management understands that the better we make Workday the better for the business, but due to the priciness of WD modules and programming, we must sometimes wait for changes.
October 17, 2019
Workday HCM is being used to house all HR (employees and potential employees) data as the system of record. The system is used to house personal employee information, collect onboarding information, make benefits selection, create talent plans, and provide overall company information. Data flows from this system into several other systems. One of the major benefits of having one system of record is that it easy to see where data may be inaccurate or where there are gaps in employee data.
  • The homepage is very welcoming, clean, and is easy to customize based on the needs of the business. You have the ability to put custom announcements like company content that will make the portal seem warmer and user-friendly.
  • The processes like updating your employee record or selecting benefits are placed in a wizard-like workbook that is easy to use and intuitive.
  • This may be a company setting that I am not aware of, but the interface doesn't have contrasting colors so sometimes the lines are hard to separate. The primary colors are white/gray and sometimes it can be difficult to figure out where you need to go next. Imagine knowing there is a text area, but not being able to quite figure out where the box is. Eventually, you can get used to it, but it is a bit off-putting initially.
  • There is a notification/alert window and you have to individually check each bubble to make the notification go away. If you have 1 alert then this works, but there are times when you can have 25 alerts and there is no way to make these alert notifications go away in mass.
As a user, Workday is the best for completing online job applications. The resume upload process is a breeze and when you do need to make data entries it isn't difficult. As an employee, it is very visually appealing to look at your profile, view all of your job data, and upload your picture.
As a user, I don't have any tangible negative criticism feedback for Workday. A lot of effort has been put into the user interface and the user experience.
October 04, 2019
We are using this across the entire organization. It is our sole HCM application. We are able to have a single interface on a global basis with all of the advantages of CLOUD technology. We were able to implement using a big bang which our company has never previously deployed.
  • Provides online documentation for users: Users can navigate for themselves without contacting the HR Department.
  • It allows users to produce PDF output for their pay advice and other reports/forms. This allows the users to save the output in a secure location.
  • Single portal for pay, performance, reports, personal information, and training.
  • Primitive graphics that look kind of childish.
  • Would like to see a workflow type interface.
Workday appears suitable for companies of any size or type. I know of companies using this in the manufacturing, retail, as well as educational sectors. I don't think it is strong for any type of company and is a generic, one size fits all solution with the scalability provided by cloud technology.
We have had virtually no issues since our go live with the product and as stated we performed this as big bang across the company globally.
October 04, 2019
Workday Human Capital Management (WHCM) is being used across the organization in all departments. It really is an all-in-one solution from recruiting new talent, professional development, managing current employee data, and encouraging recognition for employee birthday and anniversary dates. We really do enjoy the benefits of this software solution.
  • Recruiter module works very well for posting jobs and designated job sites and then tracking potential candidates through the interviewing process, hiring, and onboarding.
  • Performance module helps with tracking everything from goal setting, feedback, and performance one on one reviews.
  • Daily pay and hour tracking to include vacation and holidays works very well and is easily accessible and seen by all employees.
  • I would like to be able to see information on employees even when they have been terminated. Sometimes I need information but can't see it because an employee has been terminated in the system.
It is a great human capital management solution.
We have had issues and have been able to ask questions and receive quick responses and help.
August 26, 2019
We used Workday for all employee reviews, compensation details, and bonus announcements in our organisation. It actually consolidated a lot of manual processes and outdated documents. It now was one stop to see the performance of an employee and their ratings by superiors, view compensation details as well as a repository of useful onboarding policies and procedures for communication from HR.
  • Employee review formats and criteria are customisable and easy to understand
  • Repository for policy and frameworks
  • Seamless communication between HR and all employees for various announcements
  • The updates to certain tabs for example compensation, did not automatically send a real time notification to employees. This makes crucial times such as annual appraisal announcements a bit of let down with employees constantly refreshing the portal as opposed to relying on an email notification.
  • Although I'm not sure this was specific to my organisation but the rating scales were a bit too detailed and often had to make you fill things up over and over again.
  • It largely depends on which modules your organisation chooses to integrate with the firm. In my organisation a lot of modules with regard to leave, recruitment etc., were not activated leading to a slightly incomplete integration.
It's great for global organizations since especially in consulting when you work across the board with people from other offices and countries, you can use one consolidated portal to record all activity and performance details.
I had only one interaction with support when my goal setting was not getting updated in time. It was a quick resolution with an email to HR and Workday and the glitch was resolved subsequently.
July 20, 2019
I currently use Workday for several reasons in my current organization. On a personal level, it is where my personal employment information is housed as well as my PTO activities and performance review information. For my specific role in the organization, I use Workday to run detailed reports regarding Sales Reps on Sales Bonus Plans.
  • Instant access to information, such as PTO, performance, role, etc.
  • Can access reports filtered for specific data points or fields.
  • Easy to use.
  • One central database location for all personnel information.
  • Secure and limited access is given on a need to know basis.
  • Certain information can not be accessed and/or updated by the own individual. For example, for a name change, an individual would need to contact HR directly for updates or changes to information.
  • Lack of notification emails when updates are done or if pending items are awaiting responses. The employee needs to log in to find out if anything is pending or not. It would ideal if automatic email notifications go out if anything is still pending updates or changes have been made.
  • Effective dating not available for all changes in generates reports. For example, if a change was made to a certain field, the report generated does not display the effective date of the change.
It is very well suited for each employee to look up his or her own personal information and PTO data. It can also easily update certain information and update in real-time. It is easy to use and user-friendly. The automatic reporting generation feature is great. I use it on a monthly basis to determine what new additions or change were made that help me in my role as a Sales Ops Comp analyst. Knowing if a sales rep’s compensation has changed early enough can help me pay accurately to the rep.
July 19, 2019
We are using Workday Human Capital Management for many different reasons. The first one is for new hire onboarding. It's a great way to keep track of your progression in one single interface. Another use is for payslips. You can check all the details regarding salary. Finally, it's used for everything HR-related, such as requesting time off, or employee personal information. It is used by the whole company, and it allows us to streamline work performed by the HR department.
  • Keeps you on track.
  • Upload document in the same UI.
  • User-friendly.
  • Interactivity.
  • Lots of hidden functionality.
  • It could be overwhelming at first.
Workday Human Capital Management is well suited for keeping track for new hire onboarding. Tasks were assigned to me and I was able to submit everything from there to transfer over to the HR department. It was really an easy process for me.
I think it less suited for sales aspects, whenever you want to enter goal and attainment. It should stay focused on HR tasks.
November 05, 2019
It is used across the whole organization. It is simple and easy to use and very user friendly. It has a great user interface. You can customize the UI with options based on your needs. It's even more simple to access the data on your phone with their mobile application, which can be used/downloaded to Android, iPhone, etc.
  • Ease of use
  • Cool user interface
  • Customization based on your requirements
  • Accessibility from all kinds/types of devices
  • Could have more graphical interface in the UI
  • Advanced options are hard to navigate
  • Could have a tutorial on how to use
If you are looking for a simple, user-friendly human capital management tool, then Workday Human Capital Management tool is the right one for you. Users can also access the information using a user-friendly mobile application.
Like I already explained it is user friendly. It has great User interface.
October 02, 2019
Currently, Workday is used as our main system of record for HRIS and Payroll for our entire organization. We have been able to streamline our hiring process by switching to Workday.
  • It easily displays a consolidated head count report.
  • It eliminates a lot of the manual processes we were doing for new hire setup.
  • Some of the business processes are not functionally set up correctly to work for our needs.
  • The self-service features do not seem to be working appropriately as expected.
Workday would be well-suited for larger organizations with more complexity. For smaller companies, it seems to have a lot of manual processes.
It has been a struggle to get the appropriate personnel to troubleshoot our issues with the system in the early stages and when we do find assistance, it is often not immediate when some things need to be resolved in one day or less.
September 26, 2019
It is deployed across the whole company and it allows for planning and alignment amongst the business. We use it to create REQs and get everyone's approval. We use it for our normal HR functions.
  • Alignment amongst the business.
  • Source of Truth.
  • Organization.
  • It needs to integrate with other systems.
  • It's not the easiest to use.
  • It's not the most intuitive.
For managing the headcount, it is well suited.
I've never really used their support, but my HR partners say it's good.
December 10, 2018
Monika Ganeva | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use HCM across our entire organization globally. It provides a user friendly way to access information about employees and the organization based on each user's security access. Paired with some of the other modules offered by Workday, HCM is a powerful tool for employee and manager self- service in a wide range of tasks such as personal data entry, review and acknowledgment of company policy documents, time tracking for Non-exempt and overtime eligible employees and managing time off. We also use HCM to bring in sophisticated automation of administrative HR tasks such as fulfilling verification of employment requests or electronic I-9 verifications, and fostering collaboration across various business functions, through approval workflows, notifications and inbox "to do" and "review" tasks for various stakeholders.
  • Groups employees in management hierarchies and creates Org Charts that are easy to navigate and allow for visualizing management chains regardless of employee locations
  • Intuitive and easy to use. The Workday search functionality works very much like Google; one can search for anything that they have access to in the database and drill down into the various details. All information is connected through hyperlinks and users can easily keep digging into the details for as far as their security access would take them.
  • Tasks such as to do, review or approve items are sent to the user's Workday Inbox, very much resembling email. Notifications about outstanding "to do" items are also sent to each the user's work email address on a daily basis.
  • Language translations of custom data fields and business processes across different modules are not available and each client has to maintain these on their own. This can significantly challenge system adoption and utilization, in countries where English is a second language.
  • Limited ability to customize system generated error messages (often heavy of technical jargon) leads to inability for the end user to self-service in resolving simple transactional issues and causes a high volume of escalations to the system support team.
  • Inability for the system to handle multiple transactions with the same effective date and determine what would be the most up to date information based on the timestamp of each transaction. This creates a constant need for data corrections, cancellations or rescinding of transactions to accommodate entry of additional information effective dated on the same day or users have to future date transactions to avoid conflict.
Workday HCM requires constant and a lot of HRIS support and in the event that a company cannot afford to staff accordingly it may create a lot of frustration. The system allows for a lot of flexibility in customizing and automating processes; however, that also requires constant maintenance by an experienced technical team. Workday HCM is a great solution for companies that are looking to capitalize on employee and manager self-service, standardization of practices, compliance and automation.
Read Monika Ganeva's full review
December 20, 2018
Mark McConnell, APTD | TrustRadius Reviewer
Workday is used as our enterprise HRIS/HCM and payroll processing system. It is the system of record for all HR processes, with the exception of learning management which is handled by a separate, integrated LMS system. Our legacy system was antiquated and was replaced with Workday so that we could take advantage of more modern HRIS features as well as a robust data reporting facility.
  • Robust reporting is a key feature of Workday which we leverage in a wide variety of ways to inform HR strategy
  • As easy to use UX that provides for mobile device access is an attractive feature that has aided in end user adoption
  • Workflow management is important as we build out various HR processes for our employee audience (i.e. benefits selection, performance reviews, etc.)
  • While the reporting facility is robust, the look and feel of exported reports could use some work to make them more visually appealing
  • The ability to leverage QR codes to directly access a process or task using a smartphone would be a nice addition
  • The learning management features are not yet extensive enough for adoption by organizations who deploy learning in an extended enterprise
Workday is well suited to medium to large organizations that require a robust set of HRIS/HCM features. Organizations that do business on mobile devices will be pleased by the features and UX offered by the system's mobile app. The reporting facility is extensive and will serve the needs of most HR data analysts.
Read Mark McConnell, APTD's full review
August 06, 2018
Zach Wasson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We switched to Workday to simplify all of our processes that HR has to deal with. One of the driving factors was the mobile app that Workday provides. With an employee base that skews low-mid 20's, it was imperative that we have something that allowed people to access all of their HR information from their handheld devices. The desktop platform is extremely user friendly and able to be customized to each individual's preferences.
  • Mobile Application - Simple and quick
  • Easy to navigate
  • Pay, vacation, sick, work history all in one spot
  • Single sign on was tricky at the start
This is a perfect solution for a large workforce with multiple moving departments. This allows for people to have access essentially 24/7 to some of their most commonly asked questions. The ability to track vacation time off, sick time, leave (parental/military/medical), and personal days is seamless. Another function our employees seem to like is the ability to track all of their work history in one place. There is a consistent timeline that lets them see where they have been and how they have progressed. With the addition of our leadership development schedule, it becomes very evident what their next step is.
Read Zach Wasson's full review
September 11, 2018
Nathan Kung | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Workday in our company for tracking payroll, paid time off, and paystubs. We have also started developing ways to use the idea functionality for our project management group. It is used across the entire organization.
  • Its does a very good job of managing paid time off requests and paid time off calendars. The submission and approval process is very streamlined and understandable.
  • The payroll system seems very adequate as well. I only see it from the perspective of getting my paystub, But it is easy to read
  • Seems like it has a plethora of functionality that we haven't even started to utilize yet.
  • As an end user that really only uses what functionaility is delivered, it is hard for me to comment on the cons of this software. It is possible that it does not have cons, but it is far more likely that they simply have not deployed the software for areas that it is less capable at handling.
We are a very large organization, and it seems to do an amazing job of tracking Payroll/PTO across the entire group. It is entirely possible that this would be a little overkill for a small organization. However I am not privy to the pricing model that they use so if it was affordable for small business it might be perfectly viable.
Read Nathan Kung's full review
June 07, 2018
Jarod Bonino | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Workday as my HR system of record. All employees at my organization use it to view pay stubs, update biographical information, change tax elections, view historical tax forms, as our employee directory, etc.
  • Single sign-on makes it easy to log in without having to remember another username or password.
  • Downloading PDF's of historical tax statements is convenient and intuitive.
  • Giving "badges" to other employees as a thank you is easy and effective - makes it easy to review a list of badges received when performance review season is upon us.
  • I'm not a big fan of the mobile app. I can't ever find what I'm looking for in there and end up having to go to the full website. I can't send badges from there (or figure out how to) for example, which seems like an obvious use case...
  • I don't love the way performance reviews work in Workday. Getting the formatting right is difficult and the screen real estate I get to use for typing in comments or listing things is very limited.
In general, I am pretty happy with using Workday as my HR system. The badging aspects, historical information, and directory info retrieval make it a very useful tool on a weekly basis.
Read Jarod Bonino's full review
February 27, 2018
Sarah Ruderman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I work for a non-profit program housed within the University of Southern California. The entire university uses Workday HCM. In my position, I use Workday HCM in two capacities. Firstly, I use it as an employee and secondly, as a supervisor of other employees. Workday HCM is used for many purposes including benefits, compensation and payroll, employee management, time tracking, hiring and on-boarding. One of the primary business problems Workday HCM enables us to solve is hiring. The system simplifies the hiring process by providing one central location for us to read resumes, respond to applicants, accept or reject candidates and onboard. It also allows for simply time tracking and vacation/ sick time management. Lastly, it solves the individual problem that many employees have of keeping track of paycheck stubs and tax forms; Workday HCM conveniently organizes those documents all in one place.
  • Time tracking-I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor.
  • Organizing pay stubs and tax forms- The payroll feature has been useful to me, I like being able to go back and see past checks. I am also easily able to refer my employees to their pay stubs when they have a question about past compensation.
  • Benefit Management- I am able to view my benefits at any time and make changes when necessary.
  • The messaging features- the way that messages to other colleagues shows up is confusing because I cannot see what was written before the most recent message.
  • The way that Workday HCM displays the "process" of an item (each step of a process such as termination of an employee) is not intuitive.
  • The recruiting- this section could be simplified but overall it is not bad. My main complaint is that if candidates upload a Word document instead of PDF version of their supplemental documents the system does not allow you to preview that document. Instead, it automatically downloads the document to your computer. This is problematic when reviewing a large quantity of resumes because it takes up unnecessary space on my computer.
Workday is well suited for basic employee management, time tracking, and payroll. Recruiting is a bit more difficult because of the many steps required in the process. In order to ensure that the system is as useful to you and your team as possible, I recommend making sure that you have a training for your employees about how to use it before they begin using the system. Once you get used to it, Workday HCM is simple! However, it can be confusing at first if you have never used it. I wouldn't say that this is a downside to the product though, as this is the case with any new technology or software system.
Read Sarah Ruderman's full review
February 15, 2018
Luke Ferrel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Workday HCM across the whole organization. It's a very simple to use program. I'm not sure on the implementation since I wasn't around for that portion, but the use is simple. We use HCM to manage our internal organization (promotions/transfers etc). I enjoy it because it does a great job of integrating payroll and position. We also get a good all up view of the organization.
  • Clean interface
  • Easy to move people in organization
  • Links with Pay/Benefits
  • Would love to see an option in Workday to build out scheduling/forecasting. We have tried solving this issue using Humanity and now Pipkins. It would be great to have all this information in one place and not have to go to an external vendor. In the end we went with Pipkins and have been pleased. Humanity was a bust.
I would use workday HCM as your all up personnel system. It's great for a 30K foot view of your organization. If you need to get more granular you will likely need a different solution.
Read Luke Ferrel's full review
January 12, 2018
Amy Rose Gill | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across the entire organization because every employee uses it, and they can use it while being mobile. HR, finance, and leadership use it for a number of different functions but mainly in making business decisions. It enables their decision making by having a full understanding of their people.
  • Analytics
  • Reporting
  • Self Service
  • Financials
  • Features
  • Tax integrations
Workday is great for any medium size business all the way up to enterprise Fortune 100 companies and across any industry imaginable. Small mom and pop businesses are probably not the best fit to bring Workday into their business to address business needs, it would be way too sophisticated and way too expensive.
Read Amy Rose Gill's full review
October 30, 2017
Nathan Duncan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Workday is used by the entire organization to track time off, post internal jobs, view incentives and enroll in benefits. It is a great one-stop-shop for employees to use for HR purposes. We recently moved our job postings into Workday and I have found it to be easier to view than the previous application.
  • Employees can easily track and manage their time off.
  • Job postings are easy to see and apply to.
  • Employees' benefits are accessible and easy to research in Workday.
  • There is a lot of clicking around involved. Everything is a new window.
Workday is a good tool for larger businesses that have a lot of employees to manage. It is a good tool for both the employer and the employee. It allows employees to have clear visibility into their benefits. It also is a good place to house your internal job board.
Read Nathan Duncan's full review

Employee demographic data (55)
Employment history (60)
Job profiles and administration (62)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (60)
Organizational charting (59)
Organization and location management (59)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (39)
Pay calculation (44)
Support for external payroll vendors (35)
Benefit plan administration (41)
Direct deposit files (46)
Salary revision and increment management (45)
Reimbursement management (25)
Approval workflow (49)
Balance details (49)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (39)
View and generate pay and benefit information (55)
9.4
Update personal information (62)
View company policy documentation (49)
Employee recognition (36)
View job history (54)
Tracking of all physical assets (15)
Report builder (50)
Pre-built reports (51)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (43)
New hire portal (36)
Manager tracking tools (35)
Corporate goal setting (31)
Individual goal setting (37)
Line-of sight-visibility (31)
Performance tracking (36)
Performance plans (37)
Performance improvement plans (32)
Review status tracking (33)
Review reminders (34)
Multiple review frequency (31)
Create succession plans/pools (22)
9.2
Candidate ranking (21)
Candidate search (22)
9.2
Candidate development (21)
Job Requisition Management (27)
Company Website Posting (21)
Publish to Social Media (20)
Job Search Site Posting (22)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (23)
Applicant Tracking (23)
Notifications and Alerts (26)

What is Workday HCM?

Workday Human Capital Management is built as a single system with a single source of data, single security model, and single user experience. Workday offers organizations a cloud-based system that evolves to meet changing business needs today and into the future. The user-friendly, global system also ensures that customers are always on the latest version with up-to-date capabilities, whether they’re using Workday on a browser or mobile device. Workday HCM is part of a single system with other Workday products including Workday Financial Management, Workday Payroll (for the U.S., Canada, France, and the UK), Workday Recruiting, Workday Learning, Workday Planning, and more.

Key product areas:

Workday HCM Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features