Workday HCM Reviews

John Grenz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Workday is used as our main HCM system throughout the organization, which is now over 77k+ users. It is our main HR system of record for employees. Employee Self Service, Manager Self Service, Compensation Review, Talent Review, Performance, etc. are all items that we perform in Workday. The system allows for pretty much anything to be built to handle the way your business process wants to function.
  • Flexibility in building Business Processes.
  • Highly configurable.
  • Always on and available anywhere from cloud.
  • More easy, it is almost too good at what it does, that it is sometimes cumbersome to do actions.
  • Less downtime, already great, but would be nice to have zero downtime.
  • Better implementation of client's brainstorm ideas into the product releases.
Workday HCM is well suited to meet the needs of an HR system environment, everything from ESS, MSS, Benefits, Comp, Talent, Performance, Recruiting, Payroll, Time Tracking, and even Learning. It seems like it can do it all. When thinking of having multiple individual systems to accomplish these things, it makes it a lot easier to have it all in one place like in Workday. However, some drawbacks as it may not be able to do everything that another standalone application can do, but it may outweigh the cons here having everything together.
Read John Grenz's full review
April 13, 2021
Carl Pieri | TrustRadius Reviewer
The whole organization uses to manage our pay, benefits, performance, feedback, time off, and time sheets for folks who need to submit those. It makes a lot of processes that could be done manually or over spreadsheets automated and simple. We also use it to manage things like healthcare and other benefit elections.
  • It's really easy to see my pay and how much I have been paid over time and where the different parts of my paycheck are going in regards to taxes, social security, 401k, etc.
  • Easy to give feedback to colleagues within the platform.
  • The search functionality is pretty bad. I'd love to be able to search for specific documents and have the search functionality bring them up (W2, April 2020 payslips). But it doesn't currently seem to recognize almost any search query
  • Its really hard to tell how the categories were created. For example if I want to find my W2 why is it hidden under Pay -> Tax documents but its not hidden under personal information -> worker documents. If your search functionality worked this would be less annoying.
  • The way you choose to collapse certain items is odd. Like in "personal information" there are 5 items shown up front and then it says "More (2)." The items are small, there is no reason to cut them off after only 5.
I believe that Workday Human Capital Management is well suited for companies that are looking to manage HR for a larger number of employees (at least 100). It seems like it would be more than is necessary below that but to be completely honest I do not work in HR and don't know. It also seems good for organizations that track hours worked.
Read Carl Pieri's full review
April 14, 2021
We implemented Workday Human Capital Management as a replacement for internal processes (Indeed posting, spreadsheets, etc.) that were ineffective and burdensome. We found that by implementing Workday HCM, we were able to streamline our processes, using their advanced technology, giving us time to spend with our employees, managing performance, having detailed records, and understanding what our shortfalls were.

Additionally, we were able to attract additional candidates not captured using our spray and pray approach on Indeed/ZipRecruiter/etc. We found that the candidates from Workday HCM were far more qualified and met our expectations.
  • Human Resource Management
  • Reporting and Analytics
  • Benefits Administration
  • Workforce/Labor Management
  • Talent Optimization
  • Compliance Monitoring
  • Employee Interface
  • Time and Attendance
Workday [Human Capital Management] [exceeds] our expectations! I don't have a lot to knock them for; however, there's always room for improvement. Some of the features seemed like they could use a revamp, and some of the customization issues were a little complex. Overall, customer service was exceptional. Their support team is phenomenal and quick to respond. I don't know of an industry that Workday wouldn't be a benefit.
April 14, 2021
Workday [Human Capital Management] helps manage the entire workforce at my company. It is very easy to go and look up and manage the different personal, pay, and performance characteristics related to folks within the organization and specifically within the team that I manage. It helps to get a 5000 ft view of the big picture so that one can optimize the management of the workforce to get the maximum bang for the buck and promote better performance management and career growth and employee retention.
  • Comprehensive one stop shop for all information related with human capital or employees
  • easy to update information that can have effect on one's pay, performance etc.
  • Customizable modules that can be directed to be crafted to meet our needs
  • I think it is susceptible to crashes and that can slow you down
  • It is sometimes difficult or non-intuitive to find information and the search function doesn't work too well.
Workday [Human Capital Management] can help manage the human capital related to the workforce and help identify and quickly change things that can change effects and are connected to the different ERP systems and applications thus providing velocity and efficiency to business dealings and help make effects being executed with little human interference.
April 14, 2021
We use Workday across our global workforce. It is our HRIS (our main source of truth for all people data across HR, Payroll, Finance, etc), our performance management tool and we're planning to launch their LMS platform. We are also looking to build new Workday instances across the world as we expand into new countries.
  • Organize People Data
  • Scale with the company
  • Grow internationally
  • Customization
  • Expansive use cases
  • It's complex to build, which can lead to downstream complications as you continue to build.
  • The performance module was not customizable in a way to perfectly fit our needs.
  • Various integrations add increased complexity.
Workday is an important, compliant tool as you scale to the 1,000s and 10,000s of employees. It's a solution that can scale to support even the biggest employers. There are so many modules you can add, which is important flexibility as you continue to grow. It is robust enough to sync with various payroll/finance tools as well.

Given high costs and high complexity to setup/change, I would not recommend for SMB clients.
November 19, 2019
Amanda Haskett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the whole organization. All employees have some sort of access to Workday. We have those working directly in the recruiting payrolls etc., side of things. Others are using it to keep track of their on work benefits, time, growth and keeping in contact and knowing others throughout the organization.
  • Time tracking
  • Benefits
  • Recruiting
  • Communication
  • More user-friendly for employees
Workday is a great solution to companies that have employees spread amongst locations.. this gives an opportunity for continued growth and success as well as great information for said employees. It definitely makes it easier on those HR associates who are not housed in specific locations where employees need more assistance.
The support is great.. it helps to keep moving processes throughout the HR flow. We are able to connect great people to even better jobs and use the tools to promote those people highly qualified to the positions they seek.. benefits are easily accessible along with payroll and goal setting.
Read Amanda Haskett's full review
November 15, 2019
Bryan Parry | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Workday across the entire organization for a variety of HR functions - requesting PTO, seeing team hierarchies/departments, etc. It also integrates with other systems that can control access to things like SFDC, NetSutie, OpenAir, etc. We do not use it to manage HR plans or handle our pay stubs or benefit allocation like health insurance, 401(k), etc.
  • PTO requests and viewing is very quick and easy.
  • Useful to see where people sit in our organization and to find someone's manager if necessary,
  • Workday also contains useful contact info like cell phone if you need that in an emergency.
  • We use separate systems for pay stubs / benefit allocation as well as managing HR plans. Would be great if Workday could handle all of these things well.
  • This may be our setup, but I am unable to pull useful reports which I want to use to analyze headcount & capacity. This may be just how we set up access.
It does the simply HR tasks very quickly and easily. I like the interface as well. It does still seem to be lacking in its full functionality because we do need to use a variety of other systems for HR-related things. I think Workday should focus on improving these other areas so that we could reduce the # of systems we need to go into. The functions that we do use Workday for operate well.
Wish the reporting and integrations were better and that we were able to use Workday in more contexts. I think that Workday probably does have more capabilities than we use, but I'm not sure how user-friendly they are. I like using Workday for what we do use it for and therefore would recommend it.
Read Bryan Parry's full review
November 05, 2019
Rachel Friedlander-Holm | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across the whole organization to hold much of our employees' necessary HR information.
  • Massive scale. Uber is huge and being able to access Uber employee information across teams and regions is super helpful.
  • Easy-to-use interface. I really like the ability to easily pull user information needed to provide insight into my programming.
  • Trusted source. I've never been let down by the partnership and consistency across the board!
  • Access to all user information. Sometimes I've found some inconsistencies in reports I've pulled through Workday. This could be bad data or the system, unsure of the origin.
I had to create a new entry for taking time off for employees to volunteer through a "Volunteer Time Off" category and this was a super easy and seamless experience because of Workday.
I've never reached out to support but I am sure they would be great.
Read Rachel Friedlander-Holm's full review
February 05, 2020
We use Workday across the organization for performance/career management, absence (etc.) tracking, booking leave, and integration to other platforms such as compliance attestation, LinkedIn Learning, etc.
  • The UI is clean and easy to navigate.
  • It has neat integration features to support L&D and compliance tasks.
  • Workday HCM has come a LONG WAY, it used to be terrible!
  • There are times when it's not obvious how to perform a task, or to accidentally do the wrong thing (aka, not as intuitive as it could be).
There has been a considerable investment in developing Workday HCM. When I first started using it six years ago, and it was excruciating and caused issues continuously (back then, my manager once accidentally "fired" one of my colleagues, resulting in him not being paid for a month!). Happily, things have changed, and this seamless integrates payroll to leave (even managing our firms generous but complicated paternity leave). Has resulted in Workday HCM becoming (almost) the one-stop-shop for HR stuff if only they had travel/expenses, then it really would be a one-stop-shop!
Not able to comment, as a user, I call our HR hotline for support with Workday. However, they are very knowledgeable, so I can only presume that support for them is excellent!
October 30, 2019
Workday HCM is being used by the entire organization, worldwide.
It addresses onboarding, compensation, reviews, PTO tracking, personnel employee work life. Workflows are set up for supervisors and managers to approve changes. Employees go in and put in their goals and annual reviews, which go back to the managers for their part. All gets completed, approved and submitted in the application.
  • Onboarding.
  • Promotions and increases.
  • Tracking of the employee life cycle.
  • Tax forms - want to be able to house state tax forms for employees to fill out at the same time as FWT - W4, without having to purchase the payroll module.
  • PTO - ability to grant time over 10 months and prorate time-based on hire date.
  • Be more user-friendly. Example direct deposit set up is extremely burdensome. The system is not intuitive.
  • PTO - be able to see your entire direct reports and their reports time for the year at a glance!
In a large organization where there are multiple locations and hierarchies, a WFM system works well to get workflows completed in a standardized manner and allow an unbiased view of employee and management timeliness. It allows for self-service and a way to legally comply by having all forms submitted able to be signed with an electronic signature.
Management understands that the better we make Workday the better for the business, but due to the priciness of WD modules and programming, we must sometimes wait for changes.
October 17, 2019
Workday HCM is being used to house all HR (employees and potential employees) data as the system of record. The system is used to house personal employee information, collect onboarding information, make benefits selection, create talent plans, and provide overall company information. Data flows from this system into several other systems. One of the major benefits of having one system of record is that it easy to see where data may be inaccurate or where there are gaps in employee data.
  • The homepage is very welcoming, clean, and is easy to customize based on the needs of the business. You have the ability to put custom announcements like company content that will make the portal seem warmer and user-friendly.
  • The processes like updating your employee record or selecting benefits are placed in a wizard-like workbook that is easy to use and intuitive.
  • This may be a company setting that I am not aware of, but the interface doesn't have contrasting colors so sometimes the lines are hard to separate. The primary colors are white/gray and sometimes it can be difficult to figure out where you need to go next. Imagine knowing there is a text area, but not being able to quite figure out where the box is. Eventually, you can get used to it, but it is a bit off-putting initially.
  • There is a notification/alert window and you have to individually check each bubble to make the notification go away. If you have 1 alert then this works, but there are times when you can have 25 alerts and there is no way to make these alert notifications go away in mass.
As a user, Workday is the best for completing online job applications. The resume upload process is a breeze and when you do need to make data entries it isn't difficult. As an employee, it is very visually appealing to look at your profile, view all of your job data, and upload your picture.
As a user, I don't have any tangible negative criticism feedback for Workday. A lot of effort has been put into the user interface and the user experience.
November 05, 2019
It is used across the whole organization. It is simple and easy to use and very user friendly. It has a great user interface. You can customize the UI with options based on your needs. It's even more simple to access the data on your phone with their mobile application, which can be used/downloaded to Android, iPhone, etc.
  • Ease of use
  • Cool user interface
  • Customization based on your requirements
  • Accessibility from all kinds/types of devices
  • Could have more graphical interface in the UI
  • Advanced options are hard to navigate
  • Could have a tutorial on how to use
If you are looking for a simple, user-friendly human capital management tool, then Workday Human Capital Management tool is the right one for you. Users can also access the information using a user-friendly mobile application.
Like I already explained it is user friendly. It has great User interface.
October 02, 2019
Roy Zumbado Cognuchz | TrustRadius Reviewer
We usually adjust to the system our clients use for headhunting talent, and for the selection process, Workday is a great tool for any Human Resources related transaction. Reporting and its lovely User Interface and User Experience is the best I have seen in the market so far. We used Workday back when I worked for HPE. It was easy to filter out and navigate through a sea of candidates using Workday, also the day to day, performance reviews, so easy to use. I highly recommend it for businesses of any size.
  • Candidate selection funnel management and documentation
  • Performance reviews made easy and simple
  • Reports to find the right talent in the database
  • I think over the years they've improved the areas I thought needed to be improved which shows they listen to feedback and the tool evolves.
  • R&D in how to extract all data from resumes and avoid having to enter so much manual data in applications, though sync with Linkedin is cool
It is best suited for mid to huge companies, easy to use, create reports and analyze data, beautiful User Experience and User Interface. For small or micro businesses it would help them keep everything in one place and it is great. However cost wise there may be cheaper alternatives, if you can afford it, then use it.
Great support, hardly ever had to use them thought. Keep it up.
Read Roy Zumbado Cognuchz's full review
September 26, 2019
Michael Tantouri | TrustRadius Reviewer
Allows us to log personal contact and work data and also log all of our performance and goals from an incentive perspective. Quarterly goals can be logged and monitored and accessed and approved by managers. Each quarter we'll use HCM Workday to register our quarterly objectives and allow us as users to track them.
  • Objective and goal setting
  • Use of emergency contacts
  • Registration of Work tie company and period of employment
  • The main user interface can feel a little clunky.
  • The way you choose options from the drop-down boxes is a little confusing
Support has been excellent when we need it.
Read Michael Tantouri's full review
October 04, 2019
We are using this across the entire organization. It is our sole HCM application. We are able to have a single interface on a global basis with all of the advantages of CLOUD technology. We were able to implement using a big bang which our company has never previously deployed.
  • Provides online documentation for users: Users can navigate for themselves without contacting the HR Department.
  • It allows users to produce PDF output for their pay advice and other reports/forms. This allows the users to save the output in a secure location.
  • Single portal for pay, performance, reports, personal information, and training.
  • Primitive graphics that look kind of childish.
  • Would like to see a workflow type interface.
Workday appears suitable for companies of any size or type. I know of companies using this in the manufacturing, retail, as well as educational sectors. I don't think it is strong for any type of company and is a generic, one size fits all solution with the scalability provided by cloud technology.
We have had virtually no issues since our go live with the product and as stated we performed this as big bang across the company globally.
October 04, 2019
Workday Human Capital Management (WHCM) is being used across the organization in all departments. It really is an all-in-one solution from recruiting new talent, professional development, managing current employee data, and encouraging recognition for employee birthday and anniversary dates. We really do enjoy the benefits of this software solution.
  • Recruiter module works very well for posting jobs and designated job sites and then tracking potential candidates through the interviewing process, hiring, and onboarding.
  • Performance module helps with tracking everything from goal setting, feedback, and performance one on one reviews.
  • Daily pay and hour tracking to include vacation and holidays works very well and is easily accessible and seen by all employees.
  • I would like to be able to see information on employees even when they have been terminated. Sometimes I need information but can't see it because an employee has been terminated in the system.
It is a great human capital management solution.
We have had issues and have been able to ask questions and receive quick responses and help.
August 26, 2019
We used Workday for all employee reviews, compensation details, and bonus announcements in our organisation. It actually consolidated a lot of manual processes and outdated documents. It now was one stop to see the performance of an employee and their ratings by superiors, view compensation details as well as a repository of useful onboarding policies and procedures for communication from HR.
  • Employee review formats and criteria are customisable and easy to understand
  • Repository for policy and frameworks
  • Seamless communication between HR and all employees for various announcements
  • The updates to certain tabs for example compensation, did not automatically send a real time notification to employees. This makes crucial times such as annual appraisal announcements a bit of let down with employees constantly refreshing the portal as opposed to relying on an email notification.
  • Although I'm not sure this was specific to my organisation but the rating scales were a bit too detailed and often had to make you fill things up over and over again.
  • It largely depends on which modules your organisation chooses to integrate with the firm. In my organisation a lot of modules with regard to leave, recruitment etc., were not activated leading to a slightly incomplete integration.
It's great for global organizations since especially in consulting when you work across the board with people from other offices and countries, you can use one consolidated portal to record all activity and performance details.
I had only one interaction with support when my goal setting was not getting updated in time. It was a quick resolution with an email to HR and Workday and the glitch was resolved subsequently.
July 20, 2019
I currently use Workday for several reasons in my current organization. On a personal level, it is where my personal employment information is housed as well as my PTO activities and performance review information. For my specific role in the organization, I use Workday to run detailed reports regarding Sales Reps on Sales Bonus Plans.
  • Instant access to information, such as PTO, performance, role, etc.
  • Can access reports filtered for specific data points or fields.
  • Easy to use.
  • One central database location for all personnel information.
  • Secure and limited access is given on a need to know basis.
  • Certain information can not be accessed and/or updated by the own individual. For example, for a name change, an individual would need to contact HR directly for updates or changes to information.
  • Lack of notification emails when updates are done or if pending items are awaiting responses. The employee needs to log in to find out if anything is pending or not. It would ideal if automatic email notifications go out if anything is still pending updates or changes have been made.
  • Effective dating not available for all changes in generates reports. For example, if a change was made to a certain field, the report generated does not display the effective date of the change.
It is very well suited for each employee to look up his or her own personal information and PTO data. It can also easily update certain information and update in real-time. It is easy to use and user-friendly. The automatic reporting generation feature is great. I use it on a monthly basis to determine what new additions or change were made that help me in my role as a Sales Ops Comp analyst. Knowing if a sales rep’s compensation has changed early enough can help me pay accurately to the rep.
July 19, 2019
We are using Workday Human Capital Management for many different reasons. The first one is for new hire onboarding. It's a great way to keep track of your progression in one single interface. Another use is for payslips. You can check all the details regarding salary. Finally, it's used for everything HR-related, such as requesting time off, or employee personal information. It is used by the whole company, and it allows us to streamline work performed by the HR department.
  • Keeps you on track.
  • Upload document in the same UI.
  • User-friendly.
  • Interactivity.
  • Lots of hidden functionality.
  • It could be overwhelming at first.
Workday Human Capital Management is well suited for keeping track for new hire onboarding. Tasks were assigned to me and I was able to submit everything from there to transfer over to the HR department. It was really an easy process for me.
I think it less suited for sales aspects, whenever you want to enter goal and attainment. It should stay focused on HR tasks.
October 02, 2019
Currently, Workday is used as our main system of record for HRIS and Payroll for our entire organization. We have been able to streamline our hiring process by switching to Workday.
  • It easily displays a consolidated head count report.
  • It eliminates a lot of the manual processes we were doing for new hire setup.
  • Some of the business processes are not functionally set up correctly to work for our needs.
  • The self-service features do not seem to be working appropriately as expected.
Workday would be well-suited for larger organizations with more complexity. For smaller companies, it seems to have a lot of manual processes.
It has been a struggle to get the appropriate personnel to troubleshoot our issues with the system in the early stages and when we do find assistance, it is often not immediate when some things need to be resolved in one day or less.
September 26, 2019
It is deployed across the whole company and it allows for planning and alignment amongst the business. We use it to create REQs and get everyone's approval. We use it for our normal HR functions.
  • Alignment amongst the business.
  • Source of Truth.
  • Organization.
  • It needs to integrate with other systems.
  • It's not the easiest to use.
  • It's not the most intuitive.
For managing the headcount, it is well suited.
I've never really used their support, but my HR partners say it's good.
December 10, 2018
Monika Ganeva | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use HCM across our entire organization globally. It provides a user friendly way to access information about employees and the organization based on each user's security access. Paired with some of the other modules offered by Workday, HCM is a powerful tool for employee and manager self- service in a wide range of tasks such as personal data entry, review and acknowledgment of company policy documents, time tracking for Non-exempt and overtime eligible employees and managing time off. We also use HCM to bring in sophisticated automation of administrative HR tasks such as fulfilling verification of employment requests or electronic I-9 verifications, and fostering collaboration across various business functions, through approval workflows, notifications and inbox "to do" and "review" tasks for various stakeholders.
  • Groups employees in management hierarchies and creates Org Charts that are easy to navigate and allow for visualizing management chains regardless of employee locations
  • Intuitive and easy to use. The Workday search functionality works very much like Google; one can search for anything that they have access to in the database and drill down into the various details. All information is connected through hyperlinks and users can easily keep digging into the details for as far as their security access would take them.
  • Tasks such as to do, review or approve items are sent to the user's Workday Inbox, very much resembling email. Notifications about outstanding "to do" items are also sent to each the user's work email address on a daily basis.
  • Language translations of custom data fields and business processes across different modules are not available and each client has to maintain these on their own. This can significantly challenge system adoption and utilization, in countries where English is a second language.
  • Limited ability to customize system generated error messages (often heavy of technical jargon) leads to inability for the end user to self-service in resolving simple transactional issues and causes a high volume of escalations to the system support team.
  • Inability for the system to handle multiple transactions with the same effective date and determine what would be the most up to date information based on the timestamp of each transaction. This creates a constant need for data corrections, cancellations or rescinding of transactions to accommodate entry of additional information effective dated on the same day or users have to future date transactions to avoid conflict.
Workday HCM requires constant and a lot of HRIS support and in the event that a company cannot afford to staff accordingly it may create a lot of frustration. The system allows for a lot of flexibility in customizing and automating processes; however, that also requires constant maintenance by an experienced technical team. Workday HCM is a great solution for companies that are looking to capitalize on employee and manager self-service, standardization of practices, compliance and automation.
Read Monika Ganeva's full review
December 20, 2018
Mark McConnell, APTD | TrustRadius Reviewer
Workday is used as our enterprise HRIS/HCM and payroll processing system. It is the system of record for all HR processes, with the exception of learning management which is handled by a separate, integrated LMS system. Our legacy system was antiquated and was replaced with Workday so that we could take advantage of more modern HRIS features as well as a robust data reporting facility.
  • Robust reporting is a key feature of Workday which we leverage in a wide variety of ways to inform HR strategy
  • As easy to use UX that provides for mobile device access is an attractive feature that has aided in end user adoption
  • Workflow management is important as we build out various HR processes for our employee audience (i.e. benefits selection, performance reviews, etc.)
  • While the reporting facility is robust, the look and feel of exported reports could use some work to make them more visually appealing
  • The ability to leverage QR codes to directly access a process or task using a smartphone would be a nice addition
  • The learning management features are not yet extensive enough for adoption by organizations who deploy learning in an extended enterprise
Workday is well suited to medium to large organizations that require a robust set of HRIS/HCM features. Organizations that do business on mobile devices will be pleased by the features and UX offered by the system's mobile app. The reporting facility is extensive and will serve the needs of most HR data analysts.
Read Mark McConnell, APTD's full review
August 06, 2018
Zach Wasson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We switched to Workday to simplify all of our processes that HR has to deal with. One of the driving factors was the mobile app that Workday provides. With an employee base that skews low-mid 20's, it was imperative that we have something that allowed people to access all of their HR information from their handheld devices. The desktop platform is extremely user friendly and able to be customized to each individual's preferences.
  • Mobile Application - Simple and quick
  • Easy to navigate
  • Pay, vacation, sick, work history all in one spot
  • Single sign on was tricky at the start
This is a perfect solution for a large workforce with multiple moving departments. This allows for people to have access essentially 24/7 to some of their most commonly asked questions. The ability to track vacation time off, sick time, leave (parental/military/medical), and personal days is seamless. Another function our employees seem to like is the ability to track all of their work history in one place. There is a consistent timeline that lets them see where they have been and how they have progressed. With the addition of our leadership development schedule, it becomes very evident what their next step is.
Read Zach Wasson's full review
September 11, 2018
Nathan Kung | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Workday in our company for tracking payroll, paid time off, and paystubs. We have also started developing ways to use the idea functionality for our project management group. It is used across the entire organization.
  • Its does a very good job of managing paid time off requests and paid time off calendars. The submission and approval process is very streamlined and understandable.
  • The payroll system seems very adequate as well. I only see it from the perspective of getting my paystub, But it is easy to read
  • Seems like it has a plethora of functionality that we haven't even started to utilize yet.
  • As an end user that really only uses what functionaility is delivered, it is hard for me to comment on the cons of this software. It is possible that it does not have cons, but it is far more likely that they simply have not deployed the software for areas that it is less capable at handling.
We are a very large organization, and it seems to do an amazing job of tracking Payroll/PTO across the entire group. It is entirely possible that this would be a little overkill for a small organization. However I am not privy to the pricing model that they use so if it was affordable for small business it might be perfectly viable.
Read Nathan Kung's full review

Employee demographic data (59)
Employment history (65)
Job profiles and administration (67)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (65)
Organizational charting (63)
Organization and location management (63)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (42)
Pay calculation (48)
Support for external payroll vendors (38)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (3)
Benefit plan administration (45)
Direct deposit files (49)
Salary revision and increment management (48)
Reimbursement management (27)
Approval workflow (52)
Balance details (52)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (42)
View and generate pay and benefit information (60)
Update personal information (67)
View company policy documentation (53)
Employee recognition (39)
View job history (58)
Tracking of all physical assets (16)
Report builder (54)
Pre-built reports (55)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (47)
New hire portal (39)
Manager tracking tools (38)
Corporate goal setting (34)
Individual goal setting (40)
Line-of sight-visibility (34)
Performance tracking (39)
Performance plans (41)
Performance improvement plans (35)
Review status tracking (38)
Review reminders (39)
Multiple review frequency (34)
Create succession plans/pools (24)
Candidate ranking (23)
Candidate search (24)
Candidate development (23)
9.2
Job Requisition Management (29)
Company Website Posting (23)
Publish to Social Media (22)
Job Search Site Posting (24)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (25)
Applicant Tracking (25)
Notifications and Alerts (28)

What is Workday HCM?

Workday Human Capital Management is built as a single system with a single source of data, single security model, and single user experience. Workday offers organizations a cloud-based system that evolves to meet changing business needs today and into the future. The user-friendly, global system also ensures that customers are always on the latest version with up-to-date capabilities, whether they’re using Workday on a browser or mobile device. Workday HCM is part of a single system with other Workday products including Workday Financial Management, Workday Payroll (for the U.S., Canada, France, and the UK), Workday Recruiting, Workday Learning, Workday Planning, and more.

Key product areas:

Workday HCM Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features