https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/7J/kM/Q4O5OCI21LUM.PNGSoftware that works like it is supposed to workWorkOtter is used for all project management in our department. We use it for the typical things - budgeting, determining if projects are completed on time, assigning people to projects, figuring out what things are behind and over/under budget. It is not a desktop tool installed tool but rather is a web-based tool which was new to me since I had more experience with desktop tools - namely MS Project.,It allows you to know when someone who is running late on another project is going to be late on your project. It has a good reporting/analytics. Easy to communicate with others on projects.,Nothing significant. Maybe could be faster at times but I'm not sure if that is our own internet connection.,10,Most tools like this are a lot better than the desktop tools that everyone used to use because it is a central system that gives visibility across all the projects. Easier to work together and track what happened in the past. More projects are being completed according to expectations.WorkOtter works great!We primarily use WorkOtter to manage projects (create tasks, dependencies, adjust deadlines, and so on). However, we also use it to prioritize projects according to when people (resources) will be available, available budget, and management objectives. The software helps us all use the same processes so we know we are consistently reporting and making decisions. Ultimately, it helps us make sure we are spending time and budget on the right projects.,Users find it easy to use which is important if you have a large number of users who don't have time for a lot of training or when new hires come on-board. WorkOtter has a lot of advanced features that we don't use but when we do need one, it is nice to know the feature is waiting for us. We have used several of these features for special projects. It does a good job with resource management.,I can't think of anything major that is missing. I understand it was challenging to integrate it with our commercial banking application but I wasn't involved in that process.,10,I think it has really helped us make sure we are using resources effectively but I think it is hard to prove. Although we don't have hard ROI numbers, I believe the general feeling is that you really need a good PPM tool or will waste a lot of time and money. It helps with communication since we have a standard process.,Microsoft Project, HP Project and Portfolio Management
WorkOtter

WorkOtter Reviews

WorkOtter
Filter 2 vetted WorkOtter reviews and ratings
Adam Gordon profile photo
February 15, 2016

WorkOtter Review: "Software that works like it is supposed to work"

• It allows you to know when someone who is running late on another project is going to be late on your project.
  • It has a good reporting/analytics.
  • Easy to communicate with others on projects.
  • Nothing significant. Maybe could be faster at times but I'm not sure if that is our own internet connection.
I know it works well for IT but not sure how it would work for construction. I think construction has a different set of needs.
Read Adam Gordon's full review
February 03, 2016

User Review: "WorkOtter works great!"

• Users find it easy to use which is important if you have a large number of users who don't have time for a lot of training or when new hires come on-board.
  • WorkOtter has a lot of advanced features that we don't use but when we do need one, it is nice to know the feature is waiting for us. We have used several of these features for special projects.
  • It does a good job with resource management.
  • I can't think of anything major that is missing. I understand it was challenging to integrate it with our commercial banking application but I wasn't involved in that process.
It is an internet-based product so it wouldn't work well in situations where the internet is not always available. However, it does allow you to use Microsoft Project so you could use that offline and sync it to WorkOtter later.

WorkOtter Scorecard Summary

Task Management (1)
Resource Management (2)
Gantt Charts (2)
Scheduling (2)
Workflow Automation (1)
Team Collaboration (1)
Support for Agile Methodology (1)
Timesheet Tracking (1)
Change request and Case Management (1)

About WorkOtter

WorkOtter is a project management solution.

WorkOtter Features

Has featureTeam Collaboration
Has featureSupport for Agile Methodology
Has featureSupport for Waterfall Methodology
Has featureDocument Management
Does not have featureEmail integration
Has featureMobile Access
Has featureTimesheet Tracking
Has featureChange request and Case Management
Has featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Has featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Has featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software

WorkOtter Screenshots