Reviews (1-3 of 3)
March 30, 2018
Worldox is in use by my organization and many of my clients as a document management system. It organizes documents in extremely customizable containers and categories. The software works with cabinets and further specifies with multiple levels of categories and document types. Worldox also forces this structure by integrating with all basic applications including Office, Adobe, and browsers.
- Forced structure via hooking into every day applications and producing Worldox Open and Save constructs versus the standard application Open and Save menus.
- Extreme customization options including cabinets, folders, and document types.
- The indexing system is very useful for locating documents by name, body, date, etc.
- Because of its level of integration with applications, this can sometimes have technical issues or software compatibility complications.
- Standard Worldox does not have built-in remote access. A separate software construct is required to setup a Worldox web client, which more or less involves "checking out" files versus working on them remotely. Enterprise Worldox is required for true online collaboration and remote access.
- The software will have strange bugs and behavior from time to time. There are frequent smaller updates to patch code along with eventual large updates (GX 3, GX 4, etc.).
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
Worldox is well suited for any company looking for document management. It requires training and buy-in from company employees but can greatly improve productivity and organization and reduce clutter on network server storage.
Brilliant product for organizing legal documents
Read Jonathan Mason's full review
Great for use in a transactional law practice. Not great for use on mobile apps and on the move in a remote-friendly workplace.
We use Worldox GX4 for our company's document management system. This software is very legal specific, however many other industries could benefit from its use, as it is highly customizable. With Worldox GX4 any/all documents and emails need to be profiled so that they can be easily searched/retrieved by other users in the organization.
- Ability to find documents
- Keeping multiple versions of the same document
- Ethical walls (to prevent conflict of interest)
- Cloud product is a little lacking
- Little bit of learning curve out of the box
- For a larger organization, may need to dedicate a resource to manage the program
Read this authenticated review
Worldox Gx4 is well suited for law firms, specifically in that it does profiling, versioning and ethical walls very well. Finding documents and/or emails that have been previously saved is EXTREMELY easy, saving staff members a lot of time on a daily basis. Worldox forces all users to profile (save) files into a specific format, resulting in universal work flow as well.
Worldox GX4 Scorecard Summary
About Worldox GX4
Worldox GX4 is a document management software offering from World Software Corporation. It includes features such as document and email management solution and managing, sharing, and accessing digital content across media.
Categories: Document Management