WP Engine Reviews

Josh Peichoto | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

Best hosting for WordPress, hands down

We use WP Engine (WPE) for our corporate website which is owned by the marketing department. WPE allows us to quickly execute new web ideas. Our website is used by 450+ branches and employees across the country by creating personalized pages for each. It's provided us an automated and scalable platform to accomplish this. We dynamically pull in data from various APIs and we occasionally have issues where an API goes down (which always seems to happen on the weekends) and the 30 days of backups and the easy restore process has made it possible to quickly get accurate data back online until the APIs are back online.
  • The enterprise level support is top-notch and available with little to no wait times.
  • The platform has given us self reliance to execute new ideas without complicating things with technology limitations.
  • WPEngine takes care of the security logistics so we can focus on new projects and initiatives.
  • More support agents for non-enterprise plans.
  • The purple in the admin refresh is ugly as sin.
Great for organizations that need a secure and stable web environment but do not want to spend time managing the server themselves. I've had a lot of trouble with many of the shared, budget hosting providers which ultimately led to me exclusively recommending WPEngine to my clients. Most of my clients see the value of the platform and it makes all of our lives easier and worry-free.
Read Josh Peichoto's full review
Quentin Aisbett | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

Hands-Down The Best Wordpress Hosting Experience!

WP Engine is our agency's web hosting provider. They host our own website and the websites of our clients. It addresses a number of business problems. First and foremost they provide reliability, which in our situation is never underestimated because of the headaches we had with previous providers. More specifically they offer a service that optimizes for speed, provides daily backups and simple reverting, security monitoring, easy access to free let's Encrypt SSL certificates and managed Wordpress core updates.
  • Customer Support. I'm always pleasantly surprised the lengths at which their support team are willing to go to help us even when it's not specifically a hosting issue.
  • Speed. It's clearly one of their key objectives because they're always making improvements to provide fast hosting.
  • Experience. It's just so simple to do anything with WP Engine, whether it's adding extra sites, making an extra backup or adding SSL certificates.
  • The one thing that I'd love to see them do is - Provide the opportunity to co-brand email notifications to all site owners on the roll-out of Wordpress core updates.
Let me start with the pricing. It's not cheap for the smaller business. Or at least it's more expensive than many others in the marketplace. So if you're a small business and your website isn't an influential asset to your business, then paying for the premium offering may not be the ideal fit. However, if your website plays a role in generating new business or engaging your audience then you should understand the importance of what WP Engine offers and it is a great fit.
Read Quentin Aisbett's full review
Gordon Seirup | TrustRadius Reviewer

An Embarrassing Fall from Industry Leader

WP Engine *was* a leader in the Managed WordPress Hosting space. As such, we used WP Engine to host our website along with 117 client sites. From 2012 - 2017 WP Engine was outstanding. Since mid-2017 I have witnessed their heartbreaking fall from industry leader with the best critical thinking technical support team I had ever witnessed, to over-priced, technically unreliable, personally disinterested, commodity-level hosting, resting on their laurels spoiling their hard-earned reputation, with barely technically literate support staff copy-and-pasting canned responses with no regard for relevance or accuracy.
  • Hosting Panel tools are good
  • Performance - Allocated resources per site, and thus site performance, has decreased
  • Security - I experienced 4 individual site hacks and 2 recurrences between 12/2017 and 10/2018
  • Security - While still touting "enterprise grade active security monitoring" on their sales website, a technical support "lead" informed me - in response to a hack re-emerging after being "fixed" - security scans were only run upon request.
  • Reliability - Across the board, site's uptime reliability fell throughout 2017 and 2018
  • Caching - Once THE leader in caching, and thus site performance, technical support often suggests disabling caching to resolve undiagnosed problems while the caching suite itself has been reduced to commonly used tools available from other basic Managed WP hosting options.
I do not recommend using WP Engine. Period. If the security and performance of your website are not important, get commodity-level hosting for a fraction of the cost. If security and performance of your site are important, WP Engine will let you down.
Read Gordon Seirup's full review
December 04, 2019

A great managed WordPress host for your organization

WP Engine is being used by the IT and communications departments. It is our sole web hosting provider. Our main organizational website is hosted there as well as some smaller microsites.
  • They maintain their infrastructure very well. All the core applications are patched including WordPress and now even plugins. The are an excellent managed hosting provider.
  • They make it very easy to spin up environments with dev, staging, and production sites.
  • They make it easy to scale out your hosting infrastructure when you expect an increase in traffic to your site(s). They utilize CNAME flattening to achieve this. You never have to add an IP address into DNS again.
  • I would like their redirect tool to allow the ability to export and import to other sites within WP Engine.
  • It would be great if one day they brought DNS management on to the platform instead of people having to use CloudFlare.
WP Engine is well-suited for any organization whether you are small or much larger. Their pricing tiers make them really affordable and competitive. For smaller organizations with fewer staff, their managed hosting solution allows people to focus on content creation and not site maintenance. They also make it extremely easy to upgrade to different solutions via domain name flattening.
November 26, 2019

For serious organizations that leverage WordPress, you can't go wrong.

WP Engine is a great platform as a service. We use it across the organization to manage our client's website backups etc. It does daily backups and creates a ready-to-use staging and development environment. For a lean, small company it is great that they've thought through a lot of the hard decisions for us, so we can be more creative.

We love the fact that they are so focused on their product, only serving the WordPress community. They do a great job. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention their support. They have people available via chat 24/7 which has bailed us out on many occasions. Their support knows WordPress, and is always willing to help.
  • Support. Their 24/7 support is second to none. I use A2 hosting for my less important clients because of the cost, but if you want premium WordPress hosting and support, there is no parallel that I've found, period.
  • Automatic daily backups. You don't need to do anything but show up and build sites. They have a great staging/backup system that never fails. I haven't found another service like it, without a ton of custom work.
  • Genesis themes. This used to be a separate charge/company that they acquired. I used Genesis themes for long before WP Engine acquired them, but still can't recommend them enough. They make WP theme development much easier, and straightforward. You now get all of their themes included with your WP Engine account. Look up and follow Bill Erickson, who is one of the authorities on WordPress development, particularly around theme development with Genesis.
  • It is pricey compared to a lot of competitors. However, you get what you pay for. If you're looking for cheap, look elsewhere. If you want great quality and support, for serious organizations, look at WP Engine.
  • Their git version control management has been slightly behind the times but is improving as of late. It's almost its own codebase management tool at this point, but still valuable. For complex setups, it can cause some extra work, but for lean, mean startups, it can be great.
  • It limits some of the plugins you can use in terms of speed and optimization. The plus side is that they vet their own list, but it is more controlled.
WP Engine is a great all-in-one WordPress solution. Their support is by far the best in the industry, giving you 24/7 chat support (with REAL WordPress support) that is matched by no one else in the industry. It's not the best budget solution, but for those with serious WordPress projects, this is the hosting you want. In-person, knowledgable support has bailed me out personally multiple times. They know all things WordPress, including multisite. AWS may be more scalable with the right Engineer setting it up, but if your org isn't there yet, this is a nice go-between.
Alec Dibble | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2018

WP Engine is a solid Wordpress hosting solution

WP Engine is my go-to host when clients want to host WordPress or improve their site. While there are cheaper solutions, WP Engine provides really good tools out-of-the-box, like database backups, built-in CDN and caching. The ability to easily create and staging sites and move the data to production makes this a great fit for small companies and large enterprises.
  • I love the database backups and how quickly & easy it is to restore from an old backup point. This gives me & my clients confidence that any change can be rolled back.
  • The built in caching & CDN mean that I have to spend less time worrying about the speed of the server & site. The caching has some side-effects that take getting used to (on-page dynamic PHP code sometimes needs to be moved to API endpoints), but this is true for most caching systems.
  • They have really good support for multiple environments. It's very easy to have separate production & staging environments. It's also very simple to deploy from staging to production, making product launches and large scale website copy changes much easier to coordinate.
  • In the past, setting up the DNS could be confusing when switching domains from an already live site. 2 years ago, during a launch, we had slight downtime because me & a devops engineer couldn't quite understand how to properly setup the DNS.
  • I wish there was a way to associate WP Engine users with WordPress users. That way, gaining or removing access to Wp Engine users also would do the same in WordPress.
  • I wish Wpengine provided and/or supported a tool to make local development easier to setup and get running. This is one thing I really love about Flywheel, and I often use Flywheel's tool for developing local sites that will eventually end up on WP Engine.
I think WP Engine is great for any company that wants a fully-featured WordPress host with several safety and security mechanisms. From automatic backups, to security management, to caching & CDN, all the tools are provided to deploy a world-class WordPress website.

If budget is a concern, there are cheaper hosts but they offer fewer tools.

If complicated server access or complicated proxying setups are required, I would not go with WP Engine. For example, last time I checked their documentation, they do not support reverse proxying to their sites. For complicated situations where reverse proxying is required, a different solution may be necessary.
Read Alec Dibble's full review
Jeremy Estes | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2018

If You Use WordPress You Need WP Engine

I use WP Engine for every WordPress install I own, and when possible I recommend it to clients and business partners who use WordPress for the content management. The biggest problem WP Engine solves is slow WordPress sites and downtime. I've never had a site go down while using WP Engine - pretty much the biggest problem in hosting.
  • Site speed is always fast, which is necessary for user experience.
  • Hosting uptime for me over the last three years is 100% across more than a dozen websites.
  • Their customer service is next-level. I've never had an issue go unsolved.
  • Honestly, I don't have a single poor mark for WPEngine.
  • I literally recommend them to everyone who uses WordPress with zero compensation.
  • Customer service, their product, and even their pricing are all on point.
If you have a WordPress website, and you're not a full-time admin, you should be using WP Engine. That's the simplest way to put it. Every other hosting company I've ever used has had WordPress issues to some degree, but never with WP Engine. Now, if you don't have a WordPress site, I imagine you wouldn't get much out of their service.
Read Jeremy Estes's full review
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 22, 2018

The Best in dedicated Wordpress Dedicated Hosting.

I currently use WP Engine for all of my Wordpress hosted websites for me and my clients. WPE is great for websites of all sizes. I've used it for our daily B2B website, as well as sites that get around 20K to 500K visits a month. They have excellent hosting, support, and pricing.
  • 24/7 Chat and phone support is fantastic.
  • Their 3 tier system for Dev, staging, and Production on all WP site is great for working on and experimenting with layouts and plugins
  • The Daily backup points and easy way to restore those backups with once click means I can update plugins and make changes without having to worry.
  • If your solution requires custom Server setup or other languages outside of Wordpress's PHP7, then it might be hard to set up. Custom Cron jobs or Python tools might not work easily.
  • For some extremely small websites, WPE is overkill. Not all clients can justify 30/month.
WP Engine support and backend is the best I've ever had to use. They're UX is and Cpanel is clear and modern. The 24-hour chat support and phone support is staffed by technical people and I haven't had an issue yet. Deploying sites and creating staging environment is super fast.
Read Collin Berg's full review
June 08, 2018

My Experience with WP Engine

I have used WP Engine as a hosting platform for my WordPress domain. The speed of the servers which provided by WP Engine was impressive. They offered free trial to use their servers just to test the services, which they are promising to provide. They give you features on the trial, which normally are not provided by other managed host services providers in free trial. You can configure the server in a simple click which means you don’t need a whole IT team to deploy your servers.
  • Free Data Backup and Restore
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
  • Transferable Installs and Billing Transfer Features for WordPress Consultants and Developers
  • Hacked Sites Fixed FOC - Free Of Cost
  • Free 60 Day Trial
  • WordPress Updates Automatically Installed
  • It's a bit expensive as compare to other competitors, which are available on the market.
  • There will be additional charges, if the set numbers of visitors count exceeds.
If you want to deploy your website in a limited time span then I would must say to go with WP Engine. It’s one of the best service providers which can be configured easily and you don’t need complete project planning to make your website available, rather just few clicks and your website is available for all.
Peter Filias | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 26, 2017

WP Engine is your go-to if you want to run a WooCommerce store

I run an online store that uses WooCommerce. In the olden days of eCommerce, we used to build stores running on osCommerce and then Magento. While we didn't need what Magento offered, and didn't want to use osCommerce, we found that WooCommerce was the perfect fit. Why? Mainly because almost all sites we've built for others run on Wordpress and we're very familiar with Wordpress and how it works alongside plugins and associated web services. The business problem it solved was keeping everything highly optimized for the Wordpress platform rather than trying to pick and choose specific hosting and dialing in settings. It's also cheaper than getting a dedicated server.
  • Highly optimized - site runs fast.
  • Staging environments and backup engine are amazing.
  • Support is first class.
  • They keep innovating and offering ways to make our experience better.
  • I'd like to see WP Engine offer their own monitoring solution. When I say monitoring, I mean specific use cases that may end up being something you could script. This would keep customers from having to pay for additional services like Pingdom, New Relic, etc.
  • I would like to see some proactive analysis done by WP Engine on their customer sites - at least on their home pages, and offer up suggestions. This kind of goes along with the other example.
  • Finally, it would be nice to see a "lighter" offering, perhaps a plan that costs $49 for those who want to host only a few sites, or even 1 site.
If you're looking for a high availability site, WP Engine is perfect. If you're constantly tweaking your site and working through development sprints, the backup snapshot functionality along with the staging environments makes this much easier to test.
Read Peter Filias's full review
Will Paccione | TrustRadius Reviewer

WPEngine the Gold Standard

Many times we inherit clients and their websites are slow and sluggish, so we let them know there are better options- the best being WPEngine. Speed is very important when it comes to ranking on Google. Google won't want to send people to a slow website because that would be a bad experience for the visitor.
WPEngine has always been the top recommendation from us for speed, reliability, safety, and backups.
When we host clients and need the best hosting for WordPress website, we use WPEngine.
  • Daily backups. By default, WPEngine uses daily backups. We all know that WordPress makes it easy to execute an update for the CMS and plugins, however sometimes the website will break. It's no longer a worry with a one-click website restore.
  • Hack protection. WPEngine uses Sucuri for website cleanup in case of a hack (which has never happened to me on WPEngine). However, knowing they have that available helps me sleep at night.
  • Speed. WPEngine has caching options built-in to make the website super speedy.
  • Support. They have chat options and a ticketing system available, but you can actually get support on the phone if needed!
  • They have "Staging" and Transferable" website installs which I've spoken to representatives about and still don't totally get. I know what they're meant for, but the limitations on each are different and I don't get it.
  • There's no CPanel like other WordPress websites, so things are done differently an it takes some getting used to.
Well suited for the established business owner that relies heavily on their website and gets a lot of traffic. I say established because it's not cheap. We always give the options, however with the WPEngine options that make it so great, it isn't inexpensive. When a client hosts their own website, the costs don't always make sense for them.
Read Will Paccione's full review
Rachel Maner | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 31, 2017

WP Engine is a great web hosting service

We were looking for a better way to manage the hosting of our website and WP Engine was recommended to us. I wouldn't want to use anything else. It is easy to use and has great tools and features built in, such as free SSL certificates, website backup, caching, redirects, and it even gives us the ability to use a staging site within WordPress. The ability to integrate with WordPress is another great advantage of using WP Engine. Their support team is great and can be answered easily via phone or chat.
  • Website backup - before I update any plugins in WordPress, I have the ability to back up our website in case something goes wrong. That way, if the plugin update breaks anything, I can revert back to the previous snapshot of our website and nothing has been lost.
  • SSL certificate - WP Engine provides free SSL certificates for your site that auto renew. Just set it and forget it.
  • Redirects - you can easily manage all of your 301 and 302 redirects in WP Engine.
  • Site performance reports - These are great and allow you to see if there are any issues with your website so you can optimize further.
  • I've honestly had no issues with WP Engine, so there are no cons!
I can only speak to managing one website, but WP Engine is great if you're a one-person department. It's so easy to use and they are proactive about letting you know if you have updates that need to be made in WordPress. You don't have to be super web savvy to use it, but it's helpful to know the basics.
Read Rachel Maner's full review
Eric Mann | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 31, 2017

WP Engine - Great mid-tier hosting for small to medium sized businesses using WordPress

We use WP Engine to host our various WordPress sites. This includes our main business site (which also encompasses our company blog) and a couple of smaller marketing sites for individual products. Everything is in-use across the whole organization, but end-users have very little interaction with WP Engine as they're the underlying host and users just interact with WordPress itself.
  • High-levels of uptime
  • Automated WordPress updates
  • Daily automated backups
  • Responsive customer support
  • Customer support, while responsive, is usually not available outside of business hours (making it difficult to get things done during evening/weekend downtime if help is required)
  • Upgrading between versions of PHP on the server can be problematic as it requires support intervention and, in a few cases, migrating DNS records for hosted sites.
  • The PHP environments provided are not very flexible. Some modules that might be present on other hosts (or required for certain custom WordPress plugins/themes) are merely unavailable.
WP Engine is well suited for small to medium businesses who want a managed host to take care of infrastructure while a savvy staff member manages the WordPress installation in-house. WP Engine is not well-suited for companies looking for enterprise-level management (i.e. an account manager to help with WordPress itself) or for those needing custom development work but who lack their own team to conduct such work.
Read Eric Mann's full review
Ben Whitaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 05, 2017

WP Engine has it down.

We are a reseller partner of WP Engine. WP Engine has become our only WordPress Hosting solution for our internal and external WordPress sites. It's primarily used by our developers. WP Engine facilitates staging and development environments for WP. WP Engine has provided a more stable hosting environment giving us and our partners more peace of mind, better global distribution and overall stability.
  • Simple User Management. You can easily manage who has access and to what.
  • Simple SSL Installation. It's simple and straightforward to implement Secure sites.
  • Customer support is phenomenal. The support team is always available and responsive.
  • Currently WP Engine doesn't have an API.
  • Automated sign up for resellers will be extremely helpful.
Your typical Wordpress install is perfect for WP Engine. We've run some pretty robust sites on WP Engine. However, heavily customized sites or complex multi-sites may be a struggle.
Read Ben Whitaker's full review
Tim Colling | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 21, 2017

High Performance and Extremely Reliable Managed WordPress Hosting with Excellent Support

We use WPEngine for hosting all of our clients' websites as well as our own sites. Some of our clients receive SEO services from us and others simply have us act as their "virtual webmaster," with complete responsibility for the performance and "health" of their websites. In all cases, we are relying upon WPEngine to provide a highly-performant, very stable, full featured managed WordPress hosting platform as well as stellar 24x7 tech support.
  • WPEngine's servers provide extremely fast page load times using a combination of high-speed server hardware and software along with an excellent CDN and top notch caching software.
  • WPEngine provides a long list of other tools besides hosting, tools that help me spend minimum time to get maximum results, including staging servers, automatic and ad hoc backups of both production and staging servers, easy-to-implement SSL and more.
  • WPEngine's tech support personnel and systems are the best I have ever seen for hosting providers.
  • Simply stated, I cannot think of any areas for meaningful improvement. They just simply work, and work extremely well for us.
On a multiple-site, multiple-install basis, WPEngine is very fairly priced, for the value that it provides. If you're only hosting one site, the cost is a little higher and therefore harder to sustain on a long term basis.
Read Tim Colling's full review
Robert Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 11, 2016

Start your WP Engines!

We use WP Engine as a host for client sites when their needs justify the feature set. For our high-end clients, having a managed host is the obvious choice, and WP Engine is priced as the premium provider of those services. For clients looking to make a living from their website, the security and stability of WP Engine makes it an essential tool.
  • WP Engine makes development incredibly easy with their built-in live/staging server features.
  • WP Engine handles backups and some software updates automatically, which reduces the amount of manual management dramatically.
  • The user interface is not very intuitive, which means new staff members require more training than I'd like.
  • The way they manage production/development servers and FTP access is somewhere between nebulous and tragically unique.
  • Their premium pricing is surely worthwhile, but it is significantly higher than virtually all of their competitors, without much obvious distinction in feature sets.
  • Some very basic features like spinning up a second instance require a PHONE CALL to their BILLING department to enable. What is this, 1990?
We recommend WP Engine for clients who intend to use their site to make a living, who want reliability and uptime they can count on, and who don't want to worry about hiring server security or upkeep experts. The cost savings of using WP Engine over hiring a server security expert is justification alone. However, for clients who want a simple site hosted as a 'brochure' for their services or cost is a constraint, we recommend using DigitalOcean.
Read Robert Allen's full review
Fareed Abolhassani | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 10, 2016

WordPress Engine

WP Engine is currently being used for my personal portfolio website.
  • Free data backup & restore
  • Hacked site fixed at no charge
  • Great security & speed
  • Great developer friendly tools
  • If you exceed the set number of visitors it will result in additional fees
  • Not applicable for non-WP platforms
  • Limited versatility
  • Price
If you're someone who doesn't care about price but cares about performance and quality, then WP engine is perfect for you.
Read Fareed Abolhassani's full review
January 31, 2018

WP Engine - A Must-Have Web Host for Any WordPress Website

We use WP Engine for all of our website hosting needs. We currently manage roughly 20 WordPress websites with WP Engine. We use it for most of our client marketing websites, our corporate website and also smaller websites for internal training and on-boarding for new employees. WP Engine relieves us the stress and pressures of an unreliable web host.
  • WP Engine has nightly backups of Production and Staging environments.
  • WP Engine has phenomenal live chat support; I've never had a problem that hasn't been resolved within a few minutes.
  • Before performing any automatic WordPress core updates, WP Engine is diligent about sending notices telling when it's going to update. They allow you to defer the automatic updates.
  • WP Engine is by far the fastest web host for WordPress websites. There is almost no need for caching plugins in WordPress, as WP Engine takes pride in it's WordPress hosting speeds.
  • WP Engine is pricey for freelancers and small agencies looking for a reliable web host.
  • WP Engine is a host ONLY. You cannot manage domains through them like other web hosts.
WP Engine is by far my favorite web host I've worked with. Their one-click deploys from staging to production (and vice versa) make pushing large website redesigns and features a breeze. When pushing from staging to production, you have the option to move the entire database contents or just the files alone. This is a big help when pushing content changes live, once they've been approved by the client.
Joe Preston | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2014

WP Engine - They Stay Up And Running

WP Engine was the blog host for a busy corporate blog. We migrated there from shared hosting. There was not a lot of PHP expertise in the organization, or experience with self-managed web hosting, so WP-Engine was an appealing alternative at the price point and level of service. After several outages and configuration problems with shared hosting and the collective "Welp" from the development staff, I decided an upgrade was necessary.
  • Great reliability
  • Great Communication
  • A point of view and demonstrated expertise with the unique challenges of WordPress.
  • Dedicated to Wordpress, servers optimally tuned to take advantage of WordPress use cases.
  • They changed our pricing and charged the card without informing me in advance. They made good on that, but that was kind of a "Huh?" moment for me (and the accounting department).
  • Their attitude about plugin management, including the global restriction of some plugins to optimize for the WPEngine experience across all clients, is quite different from most blog hosts and takes some getting used to. Reducing the flexibility of WordPress is crippling one of WordPress's key business advantages.
  • Overage charges! Overage charges combined with restricting plugins in part due to bandwidth concerns. That's two levels of reduced service to me, for the good of the community-at-large (or is it for the good of WP Engine?). Overall, these three points coordinate into a story about WP Engine that suggests they don't really have the Customer Experience on the same priority as micromanaging the return per customer.
If you are sitting on a huge bucket of money; your boss decrees "It shall be WordPress", and you don't have experienced Apache server admins - man, save yourself 17 headaches and run to WP Engine.
Read Joe Preston's full review

WP Engine - the Wordpress First Hosting Solution

We use WP Engine ourselves and we implement it for other organizations that we consult with. It is the easiest platform for hosting WordPress based websites that I have used so far. I have used other web hosting platforms where I had to use SFTP access, or other visual portal interfaces, but WP Engine is literally built for the purpose of WordPress sites which is what makes it so great. #1 take away from WPEngine is that it helps a lot with version control.
  • VERSION CONTROL
  • Controlling multiple sites from one administrative login
  • SFTP Access using SFTP Users
  • Development environments!!
  • Development environments should be easier to figure out
  • Version control should get a sweet visual interface
  • Easily create a new staging environment
As I have mentioned before, WP Engine is easily the best solution for a WordPress hosting solution. I have previously done simple installs of WordPress to other hosting providers and I have also done complex development on other hosting platforms and they just weren't build WordPress first. If you're using WordPress, use WP Engine.

About WP Engine

WP Engine is a fully-managed WordPress hosted solution. One of its main features is the capability to create a staging site. It also offers curated recommendations for plugins and themes. Hosting through WP Engine delivers Wordpress along with extra security features and curation of plugins and themes for help with site optimization; also EverCache Technology, the WP Engine custom-built caching technology to speed the delivery of content.

Pricing for hosting starts at $29 for a personal site (10GB of local storage, unlimited data transfer with up to 25k visits per month, $99 for Professional hosting services (10 WP installs, 10k visits per month, and 20GB of local storage), $249 for Business hosting (25WP installs, 400k visits per month and 30GB of storage), and the custom-tailored Enterprise level. A 60-day trial is available, during which a refund may be requested if the user is not happy with the hosting service.