Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of WSO2 API Manager, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
WSO2 API Manager is an open source solution for designing and publishing APIs. The solution also includes features for routing API traffic and creating and managing a community of developers.
Since 2012, WSO2 has been working with customers from various industries, from Fortune 500 enterprises to ISVs, helping them solve their integration and innovation challenges through the use of APIs. The vendor says their customers also leverage the API Management platform in combination with their integration and security capabilities.
- Supported: Design and Prototype APIs
- Supported: Publish and Govern API Use
- Supported: Control Access and Enforce Security
- Supported: Create a Store of all Available APIs
- Supported: Manage Developer Community
- Supported: Manage API Traffic
- Supported: Monitor API Usage and Performance
- Supported: Pluggable, Extensible, and Themeable
- Supported: Easily Deployable in Your Enterprise
- Supported: WSO2 Platform Multi-tenancy Support
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||0%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||100%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries||All Countries|
- Very easy to create API's: it has a very intuitive interface.
- Overall (Subscriber and Store) everything looks clean and simple.
- If you know how to, it provides you with all functionality that an API manager should provide. Like security, sandbox, API Console, swagger, mediation policies and much more.
- Installation of this product is a hell. You need to be an expert to get this running together with WSO2 Analytics. It uses a really confusing method of "port + 1" to connect extra products. I guess this was meant to provide a handy way to add new WSO2 products. In reality you'll need to scroll through numerous config files to set this straight. If you use this out of the box, everything will work all right. But the moment you add SSL certificates, DNS names and you'll need special ports to configure your firewall, this product becomes unmaintainable.
- The "Store" provides a nice way to group API's. However, the "Publisher" does not... if you have more than 30 API's searching for API's becomes really annoying.
- The number of configs in this product is huge. As a developer myself, I've never seen (and definitely never created) a product that needed that much config files. Installation and maintenance of products should be stupidly simple, since no developer nor infrastructure person wants to learn something that "just" needs to be a tool.. opposed to being a whole new area of expertise. After using WSO2 API Manager for a while, we wanted to change the admin password... this should be simple enough, like just change the password in "Carbon." But nope. The whole WSO2 environment crashed. We just gave up. Too dangerous.
- Why so many different "products"? Publisher, Store, Carbon, and numerous hidden interfaces. Analytics, ESB whatever... No wonder there are so many config files and port issues. Make it simple!!!
- Nice API store-front capability
- Management of users and permissions
- Better QA testing prior to releases rollout
- Better support needed