x.ai is an artificial intelligence-based scheduling platform from the New York headquartered company of the same name.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/bq/MQ/2BRA3TLTAXE3.pngX.ai is a sales acceleratorThe executive team use x.ai to schedule both internal meetings and customer / prospect meetings. Amy@x.ai (we use the professional version so it's amy@levyx.com) coordinates setting up meetings with people for me especially in Asia and Europe. Once we have an interest in having a meeting Amy works out the details and gets it on our calendar for much less than I spend on Starbucks every month. It's like having a personal assistant that works 24/7!!,Scheduling conference calls across time zones and between multiple companies. We have several partnership call where we need to schedule myself and our CEO as well as our partner and the end customer. Scheduling these type calls can require 10 or 20 individual emails. Amy just handles it for us. There is nothing to install. Its just set up your preferences and start emailing Amy or Andrew just like you would a human personal assistant. The x.ai team is responsive and thoughtful. Slack integration is one of the newer features that they brought to the table that was really helpful.,The technology is currently limited to coordinating meetings between 5 principal attendees with unlimited optional attendees. This cuts out things like using her to schedule 8 person board meetings where everyone needs to be there. In some cases, it would be useful for Amy to identify herself as a bot to avoid confusion. I had one client who thought I was in LA when I was really in Nashville but kept insisting to Amy (without cc'ing me) on an in-person meeting. He thought she was just a really dense PA.,10,I figure Amy saves me about 3 hours a week and much aggravation.,,Base CRMInnovative Calendar Scheduling with AIWe currently use x.ai with a small number of users, myself included. I am the one who purchased it initially as an individual user, and then eventually bought a team plan for my direct reports (4 in total) for internal and external meetings. The primary reason I initially bought it was to save time on scheduling meetings and to streamline that workflow so that I didn't have to manage my calendar as much. I now use it for that purpose and as a way to let others selectively see my calendar availability and schedule meeting with me. Our organization doesn't use x.ai broadly; it's limited to just my team.,x.ai makes it easy to initiate, schedule, and manage meetings with internal and external constituents. Especially in the case of internal constituents, scheduling is almost instantaneous on the team plan because the AI can see the available/busy schedules for anyone in our G Suite domain and schedule meetings based on my preferences and the other person's availability. The calendar function makes it easy for me to share a limited calendar with others so that they can automatically schedule a meeting with me without having to go back and forth. The customer service team at x.ai is stellar. They are kind, quick to respond, and typically resolve cases on the first try. They are also incredibly receptive to feedback and new ideas that often get incorporated into the product.,It is an AI program, which means there are situations where things can go off the rails because of a misinterpreted sentence or things not being phrased precisely the right way. This was especially true for me when trying to identify time zones for other guests. Because the AI can do natural language processing, it can be spoken to with normal sentences. That said, ambiguous statements can sometimes cause errors. This has become less of an issue as the product has matured, but it still crops up. The automatic scheduling with internal constituents can be problematic if a) a person is traveling or b) that person doesn't regularly update their calendar. Because the AI is only seeing the available/busy times, it can distinguish where a person is, so if someone is traveling abroad but only has the dates marked off as all-day events (i.e. it's not blocking out time slots on the calendar) it can cause problems that require back-and-forth to fix. It does take some getting used to for other people when using it for the first time. I've typically had to let people know that Amy and Andrew (the names of the AI bots) are, in fact, AI and not humans. While most of the time people find that funny or interesting, there are some who get a little frightened of that.,8,x.ai has definitely helped me manage my calendar better and has let me focus on more high-impact high-return tasks since I don't have to focus on email ping pong and schedule juggling. Since x.ai lowered their prices ($8 per month individual, $12 per team member per month) to be more competitive, it is a significant value. I wouldn't have said that under their old pricing model ($20 per month for individual, $40 per month for team). In terms of time saved for me and my team members, it is a good ROI.,,Slack, Todoist, DashlaneAmy/Andrew are simply wonderful!!I use x.ai for my personal purpose and I have found it really useful in managing my meetings. Amy and Andrew are really good in scheduling meetings across time zones. x.ai provides really good options at the setup level that can help you save time and effort.,Ease of setting up meetings. Follow-ups and reminders - weekly summary provided. Very cost-effective solution.,Since I am based out of Japan, adding Japanese language functionality would definitely be good for me. Would like the ability to forward emails to Amy and Andrew and asking them to set up meetings based on the content of the mail not originally copied to x.ai. Would like the ability to suggest the open meeting slots before scheduling meetings. Would like the ability to provide a daily schedule before start of the day.,10,For me ROI was positive since I was able to save at least 10-15 hours every month in scheduling meetings.,,Slack, ViberI love Amy!I use Amy to schedule my meetings inside and outside of work. She saves me HOURS each week and I never have any problems with scheduling issues. Most people think that she is a real person, not a bot.,Very professional. Amy's emails and ways of scheduling are extremely professional and I feel comfortable scheduling with her even in high pressure scenarios. Fast. The scheduling starts immediately and saves me so much time. She knows my preferences and makes my life so much better and easier. Reminder emails. She sends me weekly emails to remind me of what meetings I have coming up. Better than a real assistant! Easy to use. I used to tell people that Amy is an AI assistant, but now I don't, and people just assume she is a real person. I get compliments all the time on what a delight she is!,I would love it if she could schedule for more people, sometimes I have meetings with 10+ people.,10,I have hours back in my schedule every week, meaning I have more billable time, free time, and fewer things to worry about! Having an AI assistant fits for my personal brand.,IBM Watson Analytics,Airtable, Wix, HubSpot CRMAmazing product. Makes my business life better. Great value.Amazing product. Several times clients have thought she was a real person. The time the x.ai saves me along with the way it makes me look bigger and innovative fits my needs perfectly.,Reminds me of set appointments. Reaches out at times when I am too busy to do so. Runs people down for an introductory meeting.,Not always perfect in understanding what I am requesting. Has cancelled a meeting with out rescheduling.,10,I have closed deals using the service. Sometimes busy explaining it is not a real person.,Calendly
x.ai

x.ai Reviews

x.ai
Filter 7 vetted x.ai reviews and ratings

Matt Meinel profile photo
December 07, 2018

x.ai Review: "X.ai is a sales accelerator"

• Scheduling conference calls across time zones and between multiple companies. We have several partnership call where we need to schedule myself and our CEO as well as our partner and the end customer. Scheduling these type calls can require 10 or 20 individual emails. Amy just handles it for us.
  • There is nothing to install. Its just set up your preferences and start emailing Amy or Andrew just like you would a human personal assistant.
  • The x.ai team is responsive and thoughtful. Slack integration is one of the newer features that they brought to the table that was really helpful.
  • The technology is currently limited to coordinating meetings between 5 principal attendees with unlimited optional attendees. This cuts out things like using her to schedule 8 person board meetings where everyone needs to be there.
  • In some cases, it would be useful for Amy to identify herself as a bot to avoid confusion. I had one client who thought I was in LA when I was really in Nashville but kept insisting to Amy (without cc'ing me) on an in-person meeting. He thought she was just a really dense PA.
X.ai is very well suited for a departmental type use where Amy has access to everyone's calendar. It is a requirement that people keep their calendars up to date and live by them. Otherwise Amy might think that you are free when you have a flight booked or are on vacation.

She is extremely good for those times when a prospect agrees to talk to you at a conference. I just send them a quick email, cc Amy and tell her to set up a call, and it magically shows up on my calendar!
Read Matt Meinel's full review
Jeff DeSurra profile photo
December 07, 2018

x.ai Review: "Innovative Calendar Scheduling with AI"

• x.ai makes it easy to initiate, schedule, and manage meetings with internal and external constituents. Especially in the case of internal constituents, scheduling is almost instantaneous on the team plan because the AI can see the available/busy schedules for anyone in our G Suite domain and schedule meetings based on my preferences and the other person's availability.
  • The calendar function makes it easy for me to share a limited calendar with others so that they can automatically schedule a meeting with me without having to go back and forth.
  • The customer service team at x.ai is stellar. They are kind, quick to respond, and typically resolve cases on the first try. They are also incredibly receptive to feedback and new ideas that often get incorporated into the product.
  • It is an AI program, which means there are situations where things can go off the rails because of a misinterpreted sentence or things not being phrased precisely the right way. This was especially true for me when trying to identify time zones for other guests. Because the AI can do natural language processing, it can be spoken to with normal sentences. That said, ambiguous statements can sometimes cause errors. This has become less of an issue as the product has matured, but it still crops up.
  • The automatic scheduling with internal constituents can be problematic if a) a person is traveling or b) that person doesn't regularly update their calendar. Because the AI is only seeing the available/busy times, it can distinguish where a person is, so if someone is traveling abroad but only has the dates marked off as all-day events (i.e. it's not blocking out time slots on the calendar) it can cause problems that require back-and-forth to fix.
  • It does take some getting used to for other people when using it for the first time. I've typically had to let people know that Amy and Andrew (the names of the AI bots) are, in fact, AI and not humans. While most of the time people find that funny or interesting, there are some who get a little frightened of that.
If a person schedules a lot of meetings or simply has trouble managing a calendar, x.ai is phenomenal. That's especially true if the majority of meetings are internal since those meetings can be scheduled automatically. Even if you don't use Amy and Andrew, the calendar functionality is a great addition. Whether it's better than Calendly is more debatable, but combined with the other features of x.ai, it gives more ways to do calendar management.

If a person needs to focus a lot on the interpersonal relationship with clients, x.ai may not work as well. It can feel like an impersonal way to handle scheduling, moreso than passing someone off to an actual human assistant.
Read Jeff DeSurra's full review
Amit Ranjan profile photo
December 20, 2018

x.ai Review: "Amy/Andrew are simply wonderful!!"

• Ease of setting up meetings.
  • Follow-ups and reminders - weekly summary provided.
  • Very cost-effective solution.
  • Since I am based out of Japan, adding Japanese language functionality would definitely be good for me.
  • Would like the ability to forward emails to Amy and Andrew and asking them to set up meetings based on the content of the mail not originally copied to x.ai.
  • Would like the ability to suggest the open meeting slots before scheduling meetings.
  • Would like the ability to provide a daily schedule before start of the day.
  1. x.ai is very well suited for all types of organization from small business to large companies.
  2. x.ai provides a good value for money.
  3. x.ai is intuitive and help you manage your schedule with ease.
Read Amit Ranjan's full review
Vina Rathbone profile photo
December 12, 2018

x.ai Review: "I love Amy!"

I use Amy to schedule my meetings inside and outside of work.

• Very professional. Amy's emails and ways of scheduling are extremely professional and I feel comfortable scheduling with her even in high pressure scenarios.
  • Fast. The scheduling starts immediately and saves me so much time. She knows my preferences and makes my life so much better and easier.
  • Reminder emails. She sends me weekly emails to remind me of what meetings I have coming up. Better than a real assistant!
  • Easy to use. I used to tell people that Amy is an AI assistant, but now I don't, and people just assume she is a real person. I get compliments all the time on what a delight she is!
  • I would love it if she could schedule for more people, sometimes I have meetings with 10+ people.
I recommend x.ai (Amy!) to everyone. She is so easy to use and is my best productivity hack. Scheduling meetings takes up so much time, but Amy is easy to delegate to, and very reliable. I use other automation hacks in my job, but Amy is by far my favorite. I think people are intimidated by using AI or bots, but Amy is beyond easy to setup and use.
Read Vina Rathbone's full review
Doyal Bryant profile photo
December 20, 2018

x.ai Review: "Amazing product. Makes my business life better. Great value."

• Reminds me of set appointments.
  • Reaches out at times when I am too busy to do so.
  • Runs people down for an introductory meeting.
  • Not always perfect in understanding what I am requesting.
  • Has cancelled a meeting with out rescheduling.
I like when it knows my favorite places or what numbers to use for a call.
Read Doyal Bryant's full review
January 18, 2019

x.ai Review: "Great AI Scheduling Tool"

Given that we are a smaller company, we did not have as many resources in the beginning and did not have an admin role in our hiring pipeline. We searched through alternatives and found x.ai which we thought would be a great tool to use to handle some administrative/assistant duties. We currently do not use it.
  • Super helpful and thorough in setting up meetings.
  • Great follow-up.
  • Takes a while to get used to setting up and be familiarized with best practices.
I think that x.ai is well suited and most appropriate for smaller, fast-growing startups that may not have (or may not want to allocate) sufficient resources for an administrative or executive assistant hire. This is also a great time-saver for individual users who are handling multiple appointments on top of other responsibilities. The service is highly useful, but it really just depends on the business's needs to know whether or not it is a great fit.

x.ai Scorecard Summary