x.ai is an artificial intelligence-based scheduling platform from the New York headquartered company of the same name.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/bq/MQ/2BRA3TLTAXE3.pngX.ai is a sales acceleratorThe executive team use x.ai to schedule both internal meetings and customer / prospect meetings. Amy@x.ai (we use the professional version so it's amy@levyx.com) coordinates setting up meetings with people for me especially in Asia and Europe. Once we have an interest in having a meeting Amy works out the details and gets it on our calendar for much less than I spend on Starbucks every month. It's like having a personal assistant that works 24/7!!,Scheduling conference calls across time zones and between multiple companies. We have several partnership call where we need to schedule myself and our CEO as well as our partner and the end customer. Scheduling these type calls can require 10 or 20 individual emails. Amy just handles it for us. There is nothing to install. Its just set up your preferences and start emailing Amy or Andrew just like you would a human personal assistant. The x.ai team is responsive and thoughtful. Slack integration is one of the newer features that they brought to the table that was really helpful.,The technology is currently limited to coordinating meetings between 5 principal attendees with unlimited optional attendees. This cuts out things like using her to schedule 8 person board meetings where everyone needs to be there. In some cases, it would be useful for Amy to identify herself as a bot to avoid confusion. I had one client who thought I was in LA when I was really in Nashville but kept insisting to Amy (without cc'ing me) on an in-person meeting. He thought she was just a really dense PA.,10,I figure Amy saves me about 3 hours a week and much aggravation.,,Base CRMInnovative Calendar Scheduling with AIWe currently use x.ai with a small number of users, myself included. I am the one who purchased it initially as an individual user, and then eventually bought a team plan for my direct reports (4 in total) for internal and external meetings. The primary reason I initially bought it was to save time on scheduling meetings and to streamline that workflow so that I didn't have to manage my calendar as much. I now use it for that purpose and as a way to let others selectively see my calendar availability and schedule meeting with me. Our organization doesn't use x.ai broadly; it's limited to just my team.,x.ai makes it easy to initiate, schedule, and manage meetings with internal and external constituents. Especially in the case of internal constituents, scheduling is almost instantaneous on the team plan because the AI can see the available/busy schedules for anyone in our G Suite domain and schedule meetings based on my preferences and the other person's availability. The calendar function makes it easy for me to share a limited calendar with others so that they can automatically schedule a meeting with me without having to go back and forth. The customer service team at x.ai is stellar. They are kind, quick to respond, and typically resolve cases on the first try. They are also incredibly receptive to feedback and new ideas that often get incorporated into the product.,It is an AI program, which means there are situations where things can go off the rails because of a misinterpreted sentence or things not being phrased precisely the right way. This was especially true for me when trying to identify time zones for other guests. Because the AI can do natural language processing, it can be spoken to with normal sentences. That said, ambiguous statements can sometimes cause errors. This has become less of an issue as the product has matured, but it still crops up. The automatic scheduling with internal constituents can be problematic if a) a person is traveling or b) that person doesn't regularly update their calendar. Because the AI is only seeing the available/busy times, it can distinguish where a person is, so if someone is traveling abroad but only has the dates marked off as all-day events (i.e. it's not blocking out time slots on the calendar) it can cause problems that require back-and-forth to fix. It does take some getting used to for other people when using it for the first time. I've typically had to let people know that Amy and Andrew (the names of the AI bots) are, in fact, AI and not humans. While most of the time people find that funny or interesting, there are some who get a little frightened of that.,8,x.ai has definitely helped me manage my calendar better and has let me focus on more high-impact high-return tasks since I don't have to focus on email ping pong and schedule juggling. Since x.ai lowered their prices ($8 per month individual, $12 per team member per month) to be more competitive, it is a significant value. I wouldn't have said that under their old pricing model ($20 per month for individual, $40 per month for team). In terms of time saved for me and my team members, it is a good ROI.,,Slack, Todoist, Dashlane
x.ai

x.ai Reviews

x.ai
Filter 3 vetted x.ai reviews and ratings
Matt Meinel profile photo
December 07, 2018

User Review: "X.ai is a sales accelerator"

• Scheduling conference calls across time zones and between multiple companies. We have several partnership call where we need to schedule myself and our CEO as well as our partner and the end customer. Scheduling these type calls can require 10 or 20 individual emails. Amy just handles it for us.
  • There is nothing to install. Its just set up your preferences and start emailing Amy or Andrew just like you would a human personal assistant.
  • The x.ai team is responsive and thoughtful. Slack integration is one of the newer features that they brought to the table that was really helpful.
  • The technology is currently limited to coordinating meetings between 5 principal attendees with unlimited optional attendees. This cuts out things like using her to schedule 8 person board meetings where everyone needs to be there.
  • In some cases, it would be useful for Amy to identify herself as a bot to avoid confusion. I had one client who thought I was in LA when I was really in Nashville but kept insisting to Amy (without cc'ing me) on an in-person meeting. He thought she was just a really dense PA.
X.ai is very well suited for a departmental type use where Amy has access to everyone's calendar. It is a requirement that people keep their calendars up to date and live by them. Otherwise Amy might think that you are free when you have a flight booked or are on vacation.

She is extremely good for those times when a prospect agrees to talk to you at a conference. I just send them a quick email, cc Amy and tell her to set up a call, and it magically shows up on my calendar!
Read Matt Meinel's full review
Jeff DeSurra profile photo
December 07, 2018

x.ai Review: "Innovative Calendar Scheduling with AI"

• x.ai makes it easy to initiate, schedule, and manage meetings with internal and external constituents. Especially in the case of internal constituents, scheduling is almost instantaneous on the team plan because the AI can see the available/busy schedules for anyone in our G Suite domain and schedule meetings based on my preferences and the other person's availability.
  • The calendar function makes it easy for me to share a limited calendar with others so that they can automatically schedule a meeting with me without having to go back and forth.
  • The customer service team at x.ai is stellar. They are kind, quick to respond, and typically resolve cases on the first try. They are also incredibly receptive to feedback and new ideas that often get incorporated into the product.
  • It is an AI program, which means there are situations where things can go off the rails because of a misinterpreted sentence or things not being phrased precisely the right way. This was especially true for me when trying to identify time zones for other guests. Because the AI can do natural language processing, it can be spoken to with normal sentences. That said, ambiguous statements can sometimes cause errors. This has become less of an issue as the product has matured, but it still crops up.
  • The automatic scheduling with internal constituents can be problematic if a) a person is traveling or b) that person doesn't regularly update their calendar. Because the AI is only seeing the available/busy times, it can distinguish where a person is, so if someone is traveling abroad but only has the dates marked off as all-day events (i.e. it's not blocking out time slots on the calendar) it can cause problems that require back-and-forth to fix.
  • It does take some getting used to for other people when using it for the first time. I've typically had to let people know that Amy and Andrew (the names of the AI bots) are, in fact, AI and not humans. While most of the time people find that funny or interesting, there are some who get a little frightened of that.
If a person schedules a lot of meetings or simply has trouble managing a calendar, x.ai is phenomenal. That's especially true if the majority of meetings are internal since those meetings can be scheduled automatically. Even if you don't use Amy and Andrew, the calendar functionality is a great addition. Whether it's better than Calendly is more debatable, but combined with the other features of x.ai, it gives more ways to do calendar management.

If a person needs to focus a lot on the interpersonal relationship with clients, x.ai may not work as well. It can feel like an impersonal way to handle scheduling, moreso than passing someone off to an actual human assistant.
Read Jeff DeSurra's full review