Xactly Incent Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE Badge

Prashant Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 21, 2020

“Xactly Incent - Great Tool for Commissions”

I am working on Incent for five years now. Incent is a great tool for commission calculation. The system provides complete functionality - from credits to commissions to draws, and then running reports/analytics. It offers a lot of functions and customizations required to design complicated commission plans and calculate commissions. Plus the new changes that the team brings are really good and make the product more usable & friendly.
  • Xactly is a great tool to work with along with the customization it offers in terms of designing the plans.
  • It offers lot of details to the sales reps in terms of their respective credits for each deal under each month i.e. there is lot of transparency.
  • Prior Period Adjustment (PPA) is a great addition to the system.
  • Xactly Analytics is a great reporting tool.
  • At the start of the year, the system requires a kind of fresh set up, which takes quite amount of time.
  • While I am writing Rules, I need to create a new Order Type or Credit Type, I cannot create it from the Rules page. Instead I have to go to the specific page to create these Order or Credit Type and then return to the Rules page to write the Rule.
  • More customization on the Incentive Statements will be a great addition.
Xactly Incent works great for companies with large sales team. It offers lot of customization for plan design and commission calculation. Plus Analytics (part of Incent) is good for running reports/creating dashboards.
Read Prashant Gupta's full review
Melissa Liampetch | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Needs improvement

Xactly Incent is used across the whole organization for compensation.
  • Lays out monthly and quarterly quotas
  • Lays out different criteria for measurements
  • Visual meter for quota
  • Very confusing to use and track commission
  • Don't understand the process of when commission is owed
  • Should be tracked per closed opportunity
At the previous company, I worked for it laid out commission per sale that occurred. Xactly Incent, you have to try and search by order number to try and make sure you received credit or commission for a sale. It's not easy to understand.
Read Melissa Liampetch's full review
Helen Rendos | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Xactly Incent - no more Excel

Incent is used by our sales organization for sales compensation calculations along with performance metrics. Additionally, we are using Analytics for reporting and accounting accruals. Xactly Incent addresses the automation of commission calculations, along with the ease of accessibility for performance for the sales reps. It also helps managers understand where their sales reps are individually and as a team. We accomplish error free calculations and transparency to
end users.
  • Document management is used in our organization to allow sales reps to review and accept their plan documents. It easy to use and key to our organization
  • Details and transparency for sales reps - Sales reps love to see where they are against goal, how much they are being paid and where they rank among the troops
  • Accurate calculations - Usually never a question
  • Easy to understand
  • easy to manage mid-year and effective date changes
  • Analytical is not the easiest to use and is not very intuitive. There needs to be an easier way to get at some standard reporting metrics that are needed in every organization like pay and Performance and easily configure stack rankings.
  • The ability to forecast commission expense does not really exist or needs to be done in sandbox or live environment
  • Modeling is cumbersome
  • Customer Support
Analytics report writing is not the cumbersome. Getting a pay to performance all in one report is difficult.
Stack Ranking report should be easy as it is a report that is built into dashboards, this should not have to be a report that needs to be built with formulas.

There should be some standard pay to performance metric reports out of the box that should have to be paid for with Insights.
Read Helen Rendos's full review
Nathan Duncan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2019

Xactly Incent Review

Our company has been using Xactly Incent for about two years now. We use Xactly Incent to pay variable compensation for our Sales department. It streamlines the monthly variable compensation process. Incent also makes creating compensation plans easy and intuitive. It also allows the Sales department to easily track there sales quotas and compensation. It gets rid of a lot of confusion and questions. It helps our Sales reps understand their variable comp.
  • Incent imports monthly sales data and calculates payments quickly and efficiently.
  • Incent provides an audit trail of payments to sales dollars for future needs.
  • Incent provides excellent reporting for managers and executives to ensure your compensation plan is running at an optimal level.
  • There are a lot of steps and setting those up can be quite cumbersome. If one step breaks the downstream effect is quite large.
  • Using the tool is not quite as intuitive as one would hope. There is a lot of back and forth. I would have hoped the steps would be more linear from left to right.
If your company is struggling to track and pay variable compensation then Incent will make that process a breeze. It takes a large amount of sales data and organizes it nicely into credits for the Sales department. Incent is built for a larger company. It saves time in your monthly compensation process.
Read Nathan Duncan's full review
Brian Crist | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2020

Back to the Future with Xactly

Xactly is used across the complete org for compensation/commission calculation.
  • Commission foresight.
  • Past compensation breakdown.
  • Clarity of various views
  • Additional training
  • Possibly too many view options/show most used templates/reports
Would like to more simplicity/company standards.
Read Brian Crist's full review
Jedidiah Rockel | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Cactly

Xactly is a great tool for tracking and processing sales. It helps us plan, track and incentivize our employees. We utilize it to design and edit plans and process orders. It provides real time data and info to our employees so that they can track their status. In this way it helps them to reach their selling goals, both short and long term. In addition, it makes it easy to edit and update information on the fly if there are changes to our incentives. Salespeople get real time visibility into their progress and admins can customize views for internal reporting and processing.
  • User-friendly dashboard
  • Intuitive design and controls
  • Great resources for all segments of users
  • good support
  • Favorites and save as options would be beneficial. These are probably some shortcuts that could be implemented, but ease of use is good overall.
  • quota relationship template does not work
  • sort order is defaulted to oldest->newest and cannot be changed
Makes it easy to incentivize employees and easily track progress. Being able to track real time performance helps direct action items for employees. Our sales teams relies on Xactly to provide correct, real time information. Because it is real time and the data is trusted it helps to guide actions to meet quotas.
Read Jedidiah Rockel's full review
Vivian Okere | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2020

Brilliance for the Sales Rep!

Xactly Incent is my company's single source for all sales commission and renewal information. It acts as my single source of truth when I want to analyze my commissions for the active month, sales club attainment percentage, renewal attainment percentage, and overall number for the FY. I love it because it's easy to navigate, it is thorough in what I'm getting paid on, and provides a way of seeing historic data.
  • Review detailed commissions statements.
  • Understand percentage to goal (sales quota, renewals).
  • I don't really like the "triggers" on the commission statements. Not sure if it's an Incent thing or company thing, but commissions are already so confusing; let's make it easier to understand it.
This is the tool for commissions analysts/leaders, sales individual contributors/leadership, and customer success teams.
Read Vivian Okere's full review
Irina Tarelkina | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

Xactly Incent one of the leading products in this space

We started to use Incent in 2012 and replaced older system to meet business needs. It is used by Sales Operations department, Human Resources and Finance for Sales Compensation purposes and performance. It really eliminates all manual work that would be done by the old style. It addresses the in real time results as it provides information up to date. It is flexible on changes minor and major changes in your comp calculations. Great tool overall.
  • Visibilty
  • Dig in dip details info
  • Calculations
  • Analytics part
  • Some information you want to see all together in one customized report like Credits, Quotas, Attainment, Commissions, and Bonuses.
I would say that it depends on the complexity of the Sales Incentive Plan requirements and needs of the company. There is always a solution that Xactly Incent can offer or suggest or implement to meet these needs.
Read Irina Tarelkina's full review
Dimitra Karachaliou | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2020

Working with Xactly Incent

Xactly Incent is being used as a structured incentive compensation system.
  • Integration with Salesforce
  • Document Managment - Plans approval process and reporting
  • Plan design and Quotas
  • Forecasting functionality
  • User Guides/Material (i.e. for document management we created our own)
  • Delta changes support
It is capable of dealing with complex plans, has a nice look and feel, and is great to monitor the overall status for a global business.
Read Dimitra Karachaliou's full review
April 03, 2020

A tool that needs to be used to actionable extent.

Being used throughout the company for sales tracking and commissions. The goal is to give easy access to commissions and bookings to understand what we are being paid.
  • Easy to get to.
  • Not overly cluttered UI.
  • Easy to understand.
  • It's rarely available, only a few days per quarter to actually see data.
  • Interface is not welcoming.
  • Less clicks/scrolling to get to needed information.
  • Have links or guided clicks to get to information from graphs, etc.
My biggest issue is our company does not use it well. I rarely use Xactly because there's rarely data there or available.
March 31, 2020

Goodbye spreadsheets, hello Xactly!

Xactly is primarily used for compensation and commission tracking. Alongside Clari, this is a very important solution for quota-carrying sales reps like myself who need to closely monitor their opportunities and forecast, and of course, know what commission results in a closed-won deal.
  • Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
  • Hyperlinks inside the full report to give a more granular depiction of commissions/attainment.
  • The incentive estimator is a bit clunky and cumbersome. It does not appear to be a clean handshake between Xactly and SFDC.
Xactly is a great fit for larger sales organizations where maintaining quotas and commissions via XLS is just not manageable.
March 25, 2020

Xactly Incent Review

It is being used across our sales department globally. Integrated with Clari and Salesforce, it allows sales reps to determine their earnings as well as keep track of commissions. It is also used by our Business Development team globally and they use it in a similar manner.
  • Easy to use.
  • Provides all of the detail you require.
  • Easy to export detail onto a CSV.
  • Speed of integration with Clari, can take some time for information to appear.
  • No capability to raise queries with commissions team from within the software.
Well suited for sales teams/biz dev teams who want to have access to their commission earnings.
March 20, 2020

I think I need to learn how to use what we have

Used across the organization. It allows us to capture complex incentive sources from both internal and external sources to provide a single view to individuals. Partner, direct, referral, pen. Reseller. A myriad of comp sources combined.
  • Details
  • Modeling
  • Exports to spreadsheets
  • Flow from one screen to another
  • Consistency of data from one page to next.
  • Allowing all months to be seen in my invent rather than 3q and 3 mos.
Doesn’t handle joint quota well and in our instance doesn’t match booking reports. It does allow me to credit order numbers to my comp check and address deltas.
Randall Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 25, 2019

Xactly Incent-Allergan

Xactly Incent allows us to calculate commissions in a timely and accurate fashion. The question that comes my way are all related to when commission payments will be "released" for payment, not whether there is an error in the calculations. Great product.
  • Commission calculations
  • Comp Plan Management
  • Quota setting
  • Some changes in Xactly are inflexible. User ID and Emp ID # are two examples.
  • Customer support tends to reply by email only. Sometimes 5 min phone call can alleviate the problem.
  • Down loading QTD or YTD data should be an option.
Xactly Incent works well for small to medium size companies.
Read Randall Lee's full review
Penny Hatch | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 21, 2019

Xactly Incent provides great automation and insight into sales incentive processes and reviews

We went from Excel spreadsheets to Xactly Incent and have shown an increase in error-free payouts. Incent has also cut our quarterly processing time in half. We are now able to report to the sales team monthly instead of only quarterly as we did with Excel. Executives are able to see custom built dashboards monthly of what the expected payouts will be by team. Although we began using Incent for our North America sales team, we have now been rolling it out to teams in other countries.
  • Xactly Incent calculation plan changes are easy to manage if set up correctly. It only takes me a few minutes to make minor changes from quarter to quarter. By using rate tables and quotas it makes formula creation and adjustments a breeze.
  • Plan document routing by person makes it easy for me to assign a plan document to a new sales representative or to a current representative if they change teams.
  • Having customer incentive statements for each division makes it easy for me to adjust just that one team without affecting other teams
  • Beginning of year quota creation would be a great improvement if they could figure out how to make this easy. Being able to copy quotas that are used for products, weightings, sliding scales, etc from one year to the next would save me hours of work at the beginning of each year. Although it only takes a minute to create each one I have over 200 unique quota names I must create before uploading my actual quotas.
Incent would be suited for any scenario that I can think of. We have been able to adapt Incent to all of our plan needs. Since our initial set up we have made many improvements within Incent making our processes better with each change.
Read Penny Hatch's full review
Matthew Greve, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 08, 2019

Xactly Incent, The Right Solution For Our Organization

Xactly Incent is being used across our organization by multiple departments within multiple business units. This includes our sales compensation administrators, sale team members, sales management, and sales operations.
  • Xactly provides a high level of transparency between sales compensation administrators, Sales Operations, sales reps, and sales management.
  • Managing multiple types of pay plans across multiple business units requires a sales comp solution that is highly flexible and customizable. No matter how unique a commission calculation is or how frequently the calculation is "tweaked", I feel that I have the right solution to make the needed changes on the fly to accommodate our business needs.
  • Xactly Incent has given us the right solution to accommodate our business as it has grown through development, acquisitions, and restructuring. Calculation accuracy and reporting through custom reporting allows our sales compensation team to be a valuable partner with our internal management, Sales Operations, and Finance/Accounting teams.
  • Due to fast growth and expansion, customer service can range from excellent to less than stellar. Some responses can be very helpful and timely. So, situations seem to drag on longer than they should.
  • The Incent analytics module (for advanced reporting) can be a blessing or a curse. It is very nice to have the functionality at my fingertips to manipulate reporting as needed without going back to Xactly for modification requests to saved reports. That being said, sometimes data points don't like to work with other data points and I have to come up with workarounds to get needed results.
  • The ability to include and exclude certain bonuses against guarantees/draws would helpful.
I manage multiple types of compensation plans including (but not limited to) straight goal attainment with commission rate tiers and plans with attainment to targeted pay calculations. The plan components are measured monthly, quarterly, quarter to date true-ups, and annually. Regardless of the component, I have the right tool to meet our business needs. We are also able to handle multiple exchange rate calculations to meet very unique needs.
Read Matthew Greve, MBA's full review
Geena Garcia | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 30, 2019

Xactly Incent -- too much training needed

We currently use it for our sales team, and it is managed by the finance and sales ops team. I am in the finance team, and since we don't have a compensation analyst, I, as a member of the FP&A team, handle all incentives. It helps automate our sales incentives process and reduces manual errors.
  • Reduces manual errors by helping double check.
  • It's easy to use for the sales team to see their targets and attainment.
  • It helps keep everything centralized on one system.
  • It reduces the use of manual spreadsheets.
  • It is still very manual, and requires a lot of uploading.
  • It can be very finicky.
  • It requires a lot of training for the admin.
  • It's very limited in transferring data between the different modules.
I keep feeling like there is a lot of great potential with Xactly Incent. However, it is still very manual and quite labor intensive for an admin. The process is very time-consuming, and can have many errors very quickly. It is great for the sales team, and they seem to enjoy it, but as an admin, it is only really helpful in reducing manual errors because there are so many checks.
Read Geena Garcia's full review
Andrew Lin | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 18, 2019

Choose Xactly

Xactly has great out of the box functionality that covers almost all business needs. The interface is somewhat intuitive and easy to navigate -- after minimal training, admins should be on their way to becoming power users in short time. The structured nature of all objects in Xactly help experienced admins understand any comp environment that uses Xactly very quickly. Sales reps gain good visibility into their sales plans and commissions, while also easily navigating the reports with minimal training.
  • Automation: get rid of inefficient manual processes
  • Accuracy: reduce shadow accounting
  • Reporting: gather insights now easily accessible in your Xactly database
  • Flexibility: limited in customizing features for more complex requirements
  • Analytics UI is not a great experience
Xactly is well suited for any sized business with any amount of sales reps. Many of Xactly's features are more standardized and out of the box: for the most complex compensation models, Xactly may not always have the best solution.
Read Andrew Lin's full review
Erick Stokes | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2019

Xactly Incent Review

We are using Xactly Incent within our organization for sales performance management and to manage our variable and incentive compensation plans for our sales and sale support professionals.
  • Step by Step by interface when configuring organizational information, you go in order until you are complete.
  • Easy to use and understand for sales reps.
  • Ease of importing data into Xactly.
  • The different user interfaces for creating crediting / bonus rules versus creating commission rules. One UI for creating any type rule would be simpler and easier to use.
  • Interconnect the creation of formulas, rate tables, lookup tables, etc... So if I'm creating a rule that needs a formula, give me the ability to be able to create the formula on the fly while I'm creating the rule.
  • The lookup table interface is incredibly lacking in functionality. We are currently utilizing 20+ lookup tables, but the UI doesn't even show us all the lookup tables we currently have configured in Xactly, we have to search to find our lookup tables. When we load lookup tables as well, it often loads an incomplete table so we have to do extensive checks to make sure Xactly takes everything.
Xactly Incent is incredibly easy to use for both administrators and sales reps alike.
Read Erick Stokes's full review
Robert Sangco | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 14, 2019

Positive Xactly feedback!

Xactly is currently being used in the Finance department to calculate commissions as well as in the Sales department for commission statement visibility.
  • Commission statements are very straight forward and easy to read for our reps.
  • Sales comp plans are routed seamlessly and are stored in an organized manner.
  • Minimized commission calculation errors tremendously compared to spreadsheets.
  • Make connect user-friendly and easier to use for people who do not know SQL.
  • Analytics has too many restrictions and is not very flexible.
Xactly is best suited for finance/accounting for commission calculation purposes. It definitely saves time and reduces potential errors. I have had the experience of using spreadsheets to calculate commissions and one simple mistake can result in many errors ultimately affecting commission payout which is a big liability for a company.
Read Robert Sangco's full review
Stephen Craig | TrustRadius Reviewer

Incent Review

Xactly Incent was brought in to replace our existing, multiple spreadsheet process with an automated tool. We use it across various departments throughout the organization. Additionally, we support sales incentives for reps in the US, Canada, EMEA, and parts of Asia. It has really helped to increase rep confidence with their sales compensation calculations.
  • Detailed incentive calculations
  • End-user visibility for compensation statements
  • Automation via Connect Platform
  • A bit of a learning curve to master administration
  • Cost
Xactly Incent is very well suited to replace an existing spreadsheet calculation process. The tool provided all of the necessary levers and calculation options to replicate all of our existing sales compensations plans. The implementation of the tool was relatively painless and had a quick turn around.
Read Stephen Craig's full review
Dean Walesby | TrustRadius Reviewer

Sales visability comes first

Incent is being used by my business verticals within Information from approx 230 users at present. The main reason we mad the decision to move to the platform was for sales visibility of their sales numbers and compensation.
  • Visibility of comp calculation not only to the sales reps but also the sales managers.
  • Plan docs, we previously used to complete in Word then manually send out PDFs for acceptance, the system has saved so much time and effort on this.
  • Plan design is easy to scale, once you build your core compensates it’s very easy to create new scalable plans using this.
  • The display needs a facelift (UI) it’s looking a little dated now.
  • We used to use PPP, however, this process, due to the way we work, actually stops clarity on commission due until the month is closed, which we found unacceptable
  • User set up all the way through the stages does not flow and needs an update to ensure it’s clean and simple to follow.
The solution fits into our day to day plans very well. Ad-hoc plans for 1 person that are over complex we manually calculate. If you have multiple people on the same basic plan with variables this works well, however, for the odd 1 person the effort to create that bespoke may not be worth it.
Read Dean Walesby's full review
Jason Bailey | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 13, 2019

Xactly is exactly what you should consider

We currently use Xactly Incent for our automated commission process. It is used across multiple departments from Sales to Operations.
  • Automation of commission calculations
  • Compensation plan distribution and tracking
  • Ease of view for reps for their tracking
  • One profile view of reps to include people/position/hierarchy/etc.
  • Streamline the onboarding process for adding new employees.
Great for handling complex existing plans and automating them. Incent is very flexible and has a solution for every size business. I would say that Xactly shouldn't be afraid of change or streamlining if suggestions are made.
Read Jason Bailey's full review
Beth Higgins | TrustRadius Reviewer

Best ICM solution ever

Xactly Incent is being used to calculate monthly commissions by the Finance Team for our Sales Team, including the account executives, SDRs, Solution Consulting, CSMs and Sales management. It has automated a very manual process and allowed us to be able to analyze and review results instead of manually calculating commissions. The Sales Team can review their information prior to being paid and advised of any issues, which allows for adjustments prior to being paid.
  • Automates commission calculations and decreases the time spent on preparing them on a monthly basis.
  • Increases the Sales Team's understanding of their attainment and commissions.
  • Allows for more timely management review and approval prior to submission to payroll.
  • Being able to search and obtain information over a period of time instead just monthly and by type, i.e. credits/commissions having to be done separately.
  • Setting up a new employee on all the different tabs is time-consuming and cumbersome.
  • Being able to email the team when their statements are completely ready for review each month.
Honestly, for anyone who has to do commissions, Incent is a time-saving system and allows transparency to the Sales Team.
Read Beth Higgins's full review
Cindi Stevenson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Compensation System Review - Xactly Incent

Our department began looking for incentive compensation software about 6 years ago. During this time we identified that we were doing all sales compensation payroll manually and knew we need a software program to help us be more efficient. We finalized our decision on utilizing the Xactly Incent product. We are currently using this platform for our main sales force of 400 sales personnel tracking various levels of different compensation plans.
  • SOX Compliance Tracking
  • Draws and clawbacks
  • Analytics
  • More drag and drop ease of use throughout the system
  • More enhanced eDocs capabilities like creating templates that pull certain data points onto certain places in that said document, like mail merging
  • Improved hierarchy UI
Are you looking for a fully automated system? Are robust analytics something you and your team are needing?
Read Cindi Stevenson's full review

About Xactly Incent

Xactly Incent Pro is a cloud-based, secure sales incentive compensation solution for enterprise-class businesses. Incent replaces tedious, spreadsheet-based manual processes, making any incentive compensation program easy to manage and error free.
In addition to ICM and territory management capabilities, last year Xactly added quota management and objectives management modules--additional SPM features.

Xactly Incent Features

Has featureFlexible Comp Plan Design
Has featureCustomizable Data Integration
Has featureSingle Sign-On CRM Integration

Xactly Incent Videos (2)

Visit http://www.xactlycorp.com/resources/guides/product-video-incent-pro-deep-dive to watch Xactly Incent video.

Visit https://xactlycorp-1.wistia.com/medias/zob76afz1p to watch Xactly Incent video.

Xactly Incent Integrations

Sage Intacct, HubSpot, Slack, TopOPPS, SalesForce, Workday, Oracle Netsuite, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Financial Force, SAP

Xactly Incent Competitors