Reviews (1-25 of 62)
- Credits/Payout calculations.
- Reporting: plan effectiveness and health check reports.
- Reporting/Transparency to salespeople: Incent has robust Incentive statements that are very easy to configure and are apt to show very detailed yet readable credits/commission information to salespeople.
- Easy to implement/administer: Xactly Incent has many inbuilt tailored functions specially designed to cater most of the incentive comp plans. An admin just needs to select the right function as per the IC plan and configuration is done hassle free.
- UI: Perfect UI, easy to learn and train new users.
- Server Issues: Unable to save rules, formulas etc...
- Incent doesn't support uploading orders from multiple periods at once.
- Complex logic: Complex IC plans are very hard to build into Incent.
Not Suited: Complex plans, where upstream data is not clean and significant processing is required.
- Xactly is constantly improving their products. I like the fact that they now have Connect for us to use. That way, we don't have to depend on their DELTA team if we need to make any changes on our end.
- The PPP function is good if you constantly have adjustments for prior months.
- It will be nice if we can make versioning steps easier if someone moves from one role to another.
- Calculated quotas cannot be accessed from analytics.
- Incent imports monthly sales data and calculates payments quickly and efficiently.
- Incent provides an audit trail of payments to sales dollars for future needs.
- Incent provides excellent reporting for managers and executives to ensure your compensation plan is running at an optimal level.
- There are a lot of steps and setting those up can be quite cumbersome. If one step breaks the downstream effect is quite large.
- Using the tool is not quite as intuitive as one would hope. There is a lot of back and forth. I would have hoped the steps would be more linear from left to right.
- Salesforce integration - easy to transfer data to and from Incent, a must when you use Opportunity/Order data for payments.
- Single Source of Truth - having the data all in one place at the same time provides significant benefits to our organization.
- Prior Period Adjustments - having the ability to correct/update past data and True-up payments in the current period.
- Flash Technology - a lot of the screens still rely on outdated technology, takes more time to refresh as well as doesn't work very well with all available browsers
- Data Schema not readily available - When writing reports in OBIEE (Analytics)
- User-friendly dashboard
- Intuitive design and controls
- Great resources for all segments of users
- Favorites and save as options would be beneficial. These are probably some shortcuts that could be implemented, but ease of use is good overall.
Previously, the information around commissions could take days to capture given the worldwide nature of the business. Xactly provided the company the ability to "see into" the data in a comprehensive way.
- Xactly brought to us a global commission system capable of capturing global data, facilitating commission payments, and reporting (e.g., cost of sale, # of reps receiving commission on same sale, etc.). Having the data in one place and at the same time, provide significant benefits to the company.
- I like the integration with Salesforce. It makes it really easy to get to your commission statement with just a click of a few buttons.
- The changes we can't make in the system require support help which adds dollars to the cost of the tool.
- As we grew, we were limited in certain aspects such as automating certain processes.
- Live incentive statements for employees to view
- Plan document routing on mass scale
- auditing commissions
- System support from the Xactly team
- Bug issues
- Lots of small things need to be addressed, for example, being able to select multiple titles at a time in Document routing shells.
- Once logic/rules are created in Xactly, credits and commission are automatically calculated. This makes it very convenient, with eliminates manual errors.
- Gives detail drill downs of credits for commissions. This allows reps to review for themselves what credits they have received for their bookings
- Send out commission payout to payroll is more convenient now with Incent. No more calculation in Excel.
- Provide a guide book with step by step detail explanation of the rules features in Plan Design.
- Able to select hide calendar based on Business Groups as well. Currently, it's only whole org or admin.
- Xactly is a great tool to work with along with the customization it offers in terms of designing the plans.
- It offers lot of details to the sales reps in terms of their respective credits for each deal under each month i.e. there is lot of transparency.
- Prior Period Adjustment (PPA) is a great addition to the system.
- Xactly Analytics is a great reporting tool.
- At the start of the year, the system requires a kind of fresh set up, which takes quite amount of time.
- ENTER key does not works on every page. Plus the BACK key does not works at all within the system.
- While I am writing Rules, I need to create a new Order Type or Credit Type, I cannot create it from the Rules page. Instead I have to go to the specific page to create these Order or Credit Type and then return to the Rules page to write the Rule.
- More customization on the Incentive Statements will be a great addition.
- Document management is used in our organization to allow sales reps to review and accept their plan documents. It easy to use and key to our organization
- Details and transparency for sales reps - Sales reps love to see where they are against goal, how much they are being paid and where they rank among the troops
- Accurate calculations - Usually never a question
- Easy to understand
- easy to manage mid-year and effective date changes
- Analytical is not the easiest to use and is not very intuitive. There needs to be an easier way to get at some standard reporting metrics that are needed in every organization like pay and Performance and easily configure stack rankings.
- The ability to forecast commission expense does not really exist or needs to be done in sandbox or live environment
- Modeling is cumbersome
- Customer Support
Stack Ranking report should be easy as it is a report that is built into dashboards, this should not have to be a report that needs to be built with formulas.
- Xactly is very reliable and we have never had issues with the system being unavailable or down.
- Data and calculations are accurate.
- Reports are easy to create and use.
- User friendly
- There have been occasions where it has been difficult to reach support; we resolved this issue by upgrading our support package.
- We are not able to pull data out of Xactly into our enterprise reporting system. We were looking for some kind of data connection that we could pass data through so upper management would not have to use multiple systems to view reports. The only way to get data out of Xactly is a manual export.
- Xactly is working on updating the "look and feel" of the different pages within the software. This has allowed more and better functionality but it has been a long slow process.
More suited when plans don't change on a constant basis
Not suited for heavy analytics use
- Commission calculations
- Comp Plan Management
- Quota setting
- Some changes in Xactly are inflexible. User ID and Emp ID # are two examples.
- Customer support tends to reply by email only. Sometimes 5 min phone call can alleviate the problem.
- Down loading QTD or YTD data should be an option.
- Minimizes shadow accounting.
- Houses all information needed for properly compensating out sales field.
- Ease of use.
- Support. If not for my immediate contact, the turnaround on support is longer than I would like.
- Sandbox should be part of the initial purchase.
- It automates the calculation completely. While it is possible to do this in Excel with few errors, Xactly ensures that the same rules are applied to people of the same "type" and it makes it very easy to see who is getting commission and credit for a specific sale.
- It is great for "security" purposes, too. It isn't possible to send the wrong Excel file to the wrong person. Before when we would send out statements with Excel, we had to double and triple check that we were sending the right statement to the right person. Now, the user logs in and can only see their own statement which eliminates the possibility for human error in that regard.
- Xactly makes it very easy to see what commissions were earned on each individual deal, which will be essential to our business following the new rev rec standards coming to light in 2018.
- There are some rather obvious things that seem to be overlooked-- for example, when you perform a search of records there isn't a "back to search results" functionality once you drill down into the records. If you want to go back to the list of search results after drilling down, you have to run an entirely new search.
- The reps complain that they have to download Adobe Flash, which Xactly uses. That's pretty outdated software. Would be nice if it wasn't required.
- The direct integration with SFDC is great. Ensures all the correct data is loaded into Xactly. But having the option to upload data as well for adjustments or one off scenarios.
- The implementation team we worked with was great. At every step we knew what was expected of us and what the project plan was. Even when our PM left the company, the manager stepped in and we didn't miss a beat.
- The ability for sales to be able to see their achievement in the system, broken down by each category is the comment I hear most from sales. Much easier to see the data than trying to find it in an excel spreadsheet.
- The End User Training - you get 2 training's from Xactly which is great, especially for a company like ours that has sales people all across the globe. We were able to train the majority of them with the live training. For those that weren't able to attend, the recording is available for them.
- If the compensation plans are fairly complex like ours are, you might need to have the Xactly development team put in extra time in the set up. This leads to extra cost.
- Some fields can't be updated (i.e. the email address field). We were in the process of being acquired when we were going through implementation and had to scramble with the acquiring company to get the new email addresses as once they are in the system, you can't update it at the user level. You would have to inactivate that user record and create a new user record.
- Support Team rocks
- Integration with the CRM tools and HR Systems
- Calculation of Batches through DELTA or through the front-end UI using the queue process
- Analytics still has a lot of room for improvement! Analytics is still very cumbersome to use - the 2 hour refresh is painful to work with when reps want to see the data more instantaneously.
- Upload of incremental changes of Hierarchy and Named Relationships vs. deleting the entire Hierarchy or NR and then re-uploading it again.
2.Organizational setup is pretty easy to upload and it is even more wonderful if there is a data-integrations between Incent and your HR data repository.
3.Xactly Support are very responsive and they can be knowledgeable based on their years of support of the product.
4.Data transparency to the numbers (Earned Vs. Paid) results in faster responses from the sales team to their numbers.
5.Once you get the plans figured out, it works wonders.
6.Their new App for iPad can be a good sell provided the data model for the business is built universally for the whole sales force team.
Xactly is a very robust and intuitive commission reporting system and is being used currently by over 1000+ subscribers within our sales force throughout the entire organization, with several more business units currently being transitioned into the platform from an Excel-based model (CareFusion was recently bought by Becton Dickinson, so the software transition is still in progress for their users).
The business problem it addresses is the relief of focus on shadow-accounting accurate commissions paid, as well as providing a more holistic view of sales performance as it relates to our very complex comp plan. As far as navigation within Incent, it is very intuitive on the analyst and gives a great end-user experience, making it relatively easy to give step-by-step training classes to the field.
I believe this to be a one-stop shop for sales reps from sales incentive plan document routing (including archiving) to managing their accounts, commissions, and estimating incentives capability based on “what if” scenario.
It also addresses the amount of time spent reconciling data during the payroll "crunch time", freeing up the analysts to better care for our internal customers in other aspects.
- One-stop shop for sales reps from sales incentive plan document routing (including archiving) to managing their accounts, commissions, and estimating incentives capability based on “what if” scenario.
- Sales effectiveness (if we incentivize our sales teams correctly, it frees them up from shadow accounting).
- Automation (load) saves a lot of time for our comp analysts and [enables them to] really focus on customer service and other questions.
- DELTA process errors take a while to get resolved - we have found that getting premium support is best as this will bump up our priority within the queue.
- There are some system glitches from time to time (some unexplained) that sometimes resolves themselves (payments will state that they are “released” when truly they have not been).
- Can’t hide certain periods in the calendar - it's either all or nothing. This is particularly important to us in the beginning of the fiscal year, when Incent has not been configured for the new year yet, and can be quite confusing to the sales rep.
- Reporting on goals and metrics for sales employees.
- Access without having to use a VPN or other methods can simply log-in to the application and view.
- Mobile support has become needed as our reps are always on the go. Gives enough data visibility through the app without getting bogged down.
- Filter values clear when selecting different items.
- Management reporting and ease of summary reporting isn't the greatest.
- Would like to be able to customize a bit more of the reporting for business needs.
- Xactly has the ability to handle multiple complex compensation plans and calculations.
- Sales reps and managers are able to view their revenue, attainment & compensation at any time and get real-time results.
- Inaccuracies are easy to identify and also easy and quick to fix.
- There are some issues with the standard template layouts but those can be fixed with custom templates.
- Tthe draw section can get a little confusing trying to identify if it is recoverable or non recoverable draw.
- They are always enhancing and updating the system. Whenever an issue is identified it tends to be immediately addressed.
- Integration with Salesforce
- Document Managment - Plans approval process and reporting
- Plan design and Quotas
- Forecasting functionality
- User Guides/Material (i.e. for document management we created our own)
- Delta changes support
- Prior period adjustments - not super intuitive, but has the powerful and unique ability to adjust deals from earlier in the year and show how that affects current attainment.
- Draws - much easier to see when they are paid and how recovery works.
- Versioning of people records - very transparent to see when people get raises and changes to quota over the course of the year.
- Manual quota adjustment - impossible to simply add quota credit (was able to do in Xactly Incent Express).
- Manual commission adjustment - impossible to simply add commission credit (was able to do in Xactly Incent Express).
- Onboarding - our process took >6mo, which was worth it in the end but very frustrating at the time.
Xactly Incent Scorecard Summary
About Xactly Incent
In addition to ICM and territory management capabilities, last year Xactly added quota management and objectives management modules--additional SPM features.
Xactly Incent Integrations
Xactly Incent Competitors
Xactly Incent Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|