PowerDialer for Salesforce, from XANT (formerly InsideSales.com) Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Jaeda Mohr profile photo
The emerging accounts group, who is responsible for new business development, uses the dialer every day.
  • Uses a local number
  • Dials the phone calls quickly
  • Dials the phone number correctly
  • The Dialer doesn't always dial
  • The Dialer doesn't always hang up
  • Recording call activity with Dialer sometimes is a pain because the call will reset before you have time to enter the call details
Good for cold calling
Read Jaeda Mohr's full review
We use it for each department in our company that contacts customers or prospects. It allows us to separate our call flows, keep track of successful numbers to call, best times to call, length of time calls, how much time is being spent on the phone, and how much is idle on phones. It helps us organize our time and efforts better, allowing us to be more efficient and successful. It helps us obtain customers, retain customers, and track our employees call usage. We can use it to have our local numbers showing, instead of just our station phones or company phone, which helps increase contacts, and the numbers are ours, which engages more callbacks.
  • It allows us to call from our local presence numbers which increases contacts and call backs.
  • It tracks phone usage and its versatility allows us to track the stuff that matters to us specifically.
  • No call parking features for inbound calls, if on a call through the dialer, one cannot place that call on hold to take the second call.
  • All notes are lost when another inbound call comes in, whether or not you accept that call.
It is well suited for call centers that need versatility in their dialer system. It helps increase contacts which is a great thing. It does need better interfacing with inbound calls to not disturb the work flow, and the erased notes is a difficult pill to swallow especially when the note was lengthy.
June 25, 2018

InsideSales Review

Primarily been used by the Sales organizations which comprise of:
1. BDR/SDR
2. Account Executives
3. Account Managers

It's mainly used to track efficiency per reps, number of calls/day/week/month and how it impacts efficiency/pipeline generation
  • Call routing

3. Porting phone

Michael Millstein profile photo
February 16, 2018

Love InsideSales Dialer

InsideSales Predictive PowerDialer is being used by sales, channel, and client services. It allows us to easily track calls, generate great data for reports, and create call lists which reps can easily dial through.
  • Easy click to dial
  • Easy to create call lists based off reports
  • Easily create reports based off call data, i.e. # of calls, time of calls
  • Uptime on the dialer.
  • Slicker UI.
Great for sales team who has call metrics to meet call goals. Also great for training.

Not appropriate for orgs who do not care about call out campaigns or call metrics.
Read Michael Millstein's full review
Bryan Gorham profile photo
InsideSales is being used by the Sales Development department. We have the tool integrated with Salesforce so it makes it much easier to make deals to prospects by calling with one click. It also saves our call logs (notes) and records calls over 2 minutes for future reference (this may be an add-on, I am not totally sure).
  • saves a ton of time when calling large quantities of prospects
  • easier to record call notes than logging a call manually in sfdc
  • call recordings
  • somewhat glitchy
  • occasionally the "power dialer" will just stop working unexpectedly for our entire team
  • "error saving call log" message pops up occasionally and will not save the call
It is a very handy tool that really improves efficiency when calling into prospects, the only complaint I have is the glitches and amount of times it simply will stop working or give error messages.
Read Bryan Gorham's full review
Chad Wallace profile photo
February 19, 2018

This.. Is... INCREDIBLE.

Helps is make dials faster across the entire sales/marketing organization at our company.
  • Helps me dial at lightning speed -- up to 200+ calls a day!
  • It can be buggy.. at times
In a sales environment, when you're being paid to make calls and close DEALS.
Read Chad Wallace's full review
Our whole department used InsideSales.com Predictive PowerDialer in association with Salesforce. It was our primary competition tool and metrics manager for outreach.
  • Creates competition between teammates, I have used several outreach tools and this one provides the best interaction with a points system to give that competitive edge to outreach
  • Accurately tracks metrics, near realtime tracking of your own and team's metric attainment on a day-to-day basis
  • Integrates with Salesforce, having click to dial and a widget embedded in Salesforce made using this tool very easy
  • Logging emails was a manual process for our installation, I am not sure if this is functionality we didn't use or if it wasn't available?
  • Better options for logging calls, the disposition options were limited, I would have liked having a few more options.
Working with Salesforce and PowerDialer was a breeze. The two systems worked very well together and made prospecting easy to do. For a sales floor where we are focused on metrics and outreach it is a great measure of productivity.
Kyle Miller profile photo
Departmentally - We use it with our SFDC Instance to connect with our prospective customers.
  • Local Presence. Dialing Texas from Massachusetts, it puts a TX Area Code on your number so the ability to have a connection via a local area phone call is more likely. Nice Feature.
  • Seek Lists - Loading Campaigns or Assigned Territory Lead lists you can rapidly go through - trade show lists, webinar attendees, old captured leads depending on how you create reports.
  • Integration with SFDC - Tasks, Notes, Logged Activity. Nice standard features. Improves efficiency.
  • Updates are pushed down through admin of account to the end user. If your SFDC instance is not up to snuff, you can encounter connectivity issues.
  • Depending on your bandwith or internet pipe, the click to dial feature could take seconds which add up to minutes and hours over the course of weeks and months. Again, if your IT environment is not finely tuned, some features are not accessible and efficient.
From an inside sales, sales development, customer success management level - it can be a great solution for activity, metrics, and efficiency of calls, call tracking, and touches.

My caution would be if your CRM in this case SFDC is not optimized, you won't get the full value out of any dialer program or software. Be very clear on your requirements for a dialer software and be equally involved in the integration to your CRM.

Read Kyle Miller's full review
Andrew J. Wright profile photo
Our company uses InsideSales.com primarily for the sales department in connection with SalesForce. I do not have visibility into the entire company as for the full use. I am sure managers and executives review information pulled. I use InsideSales.com to log calls, track contact made with my clients and review through voice recordings if I need to go back to review details we spoke about. InsideSales.com provides a solution to tracking phone calls which is easily reviewed.
  • I use Local Presence when I call my customers. This shows that I am calling from a local number even when I am calling from out of state. I find that I make many more contacts with this feature than I have before just calling from my normal desk number.
  • I use the call recordings feature quite a bit to go back and review what the customer and I talked about. The link inside SalesForce connects through InsideSales.com. This recording is saved to my clients account and can be shared with other team members or management if necessary.
  • The auto dialer through InsideSales.com helps me go through my SalesForce client list quickly and efficiently. I just click next and I am onto my next customer in my pipeline.
  • I use InsideSales.com normally and every function I use does what I need.
InsideSales.com is well suited for sales departments, as this is where I use it. I would think call centers, customer service representatives and anyone that works on the phone could use this. I use SalesForce with InsideSales.com. I am not sure if there is a stand alone product or if it needs something else to operate.
Read Andrew J. Wright's full review
Andrew Lawrence profile photo
February 08, 2017

InsideSales Review

InsideSales.com is used by our sales department to sync with Salesforce for click-to-dial and easy call data tracking and reporting. Some of our team members use Domino lists to easily run through multiple calls very quickly. However, the majority of our team members use the click-to-dial in a one-off fashion for each lead.
  • Click-to-dial
  • Salesforce Integration
  • Easy call data tracking/reporting
  • The click-to-dial often glitches and can slow down the process
Insidesales.com is appropriate when you are looking to make dials easily with Salesforce leads. This cuts down on the time it takes to run through multiple calls and automatically stores data for reporting purposes. Even if you manually log calls in Salesforce, InsideSales.com is still better because it tracks other things such as call duration. I can not think of a situation where InsideSales.com is not appropriate, however, it does sometimes glitch with the Salesforce integration.
Read Andrew Lawrence's full review
Robert Belton profile photo
February 03, 2017

InsideSales - Run away!

We wanted InsideSales to be a powerful tool to cut down data entry within our research and development teams, by utilizing the power dialer function and implementing within salesforce to help the teams cut down the time between transitioning through accounts and reading notes/ entering data from calls. This proved to be a huge and cumbersome task which was never fully implemented by their team, and caused all kinds of problems within our instance of salesforce with notes being lost when we switched back to our previous build due to errors from the InsideSales implementation.
  • If their power dialer ended up actually working, then it would be useful. In our experience, it didn't implement into salesforce well but they touted some impressive features like data analytics and identifying peak call times (though this didn't work for us due to our salesforce instance giving them problems).
  • Their support is terrible. Their staff seems to be just as confused as you are as a user with no experience, and isn't at all bashful about admitting that. If they didn't know an answer to a question themselves, they never offered to escalate it, you were better to hang up and try again and hope whoever answers next does know.
InsideSales was a horrible experience for our organization. From broken promises about salesforce integration in a customized instance, to slow and insufficient customer service response and knowledge, this was the single biggest software failure we've ever experienced. The software seems less than ready to be out of beta, and should have been way more developed and tested before promises were made to implement features and functionality that simply didn't work.

The only thing InsideSales did right, was their power dialer system, but that is a tool that is available with most basic phone providers these days.
Read Robert Belton's full review
Cory Perry profile photo
InsideSales.com is used by our internal Commercial Sales team to log and track phone calls with prospects and customers. We're currently using the PowerDialer for Salesforce product, PowerStandings and Vision. We needed a quick, easy to automatically log (and record) both inbound and outbound calls through Salesforce, and we ultimately decided on InsideSales.com for this.
  • The product is easy to setup and use
  • The product requires minimal training, so on-boarding is quick
  • Updates are frequent and their implementation/support team is fantastic to work with
  • The PowerDialer service has frequent intermittent and/or complete outages. These sometimes range from 10-20 minutes to several hours.
  • Inbound calling could be easier, and could also use better customization features.
  • The product could use better functionality for call path routing and/or routing calls based on custom criteria or custom fields in Salesforce.
Overall, it's a great product and serves the intended purpose well. While its geared more towards a "call center" style business, it works well for small teams and business development teams that need to track and record calls via Salesforce. Service disruptions are my primary complaint with the product. I'd like to see more effort in resolving those issues and minimizing downtime.
Read Cory Perry's full review
John Blevins profile photo
It is being used as an overlay of our Salesforce instance. It provides some ease of use when dialing contacts from our Salesforce instance. It allows for a prebuilt list to be made ahead of time and for users to call a large batch of contacts with relative ease and no need to make their own Boolean logic list.
  • Making contact lists
  • Allowing for "power dialing" sessions
  • Integration with Salesforce
  • General buggyness - many times the service will go down or not work properly
  • If the logic gates used to make lists become too complex, the functionality can suffer
  • There aren't always failsafes that prevent a user from making a Boolean illogical list, and instead reverts to pushing contacts out that it shouldn't have
If you have a team of "not so tech savvy" team members who you want to "smile and dial", it's a great product. You can prebuild lists that are easily accessible from Salesforce and have them call them with ease. If you are working with accounts/contacts in Salesforce instead of leads, I haven't found a way yet to incorporate insidesales.com into my strategy.
Read John Blevins's full review
Neal Hopkin profile photo
For many years my organization used InsideSales.com as its primary CRM. Now we mainly use it in conjunction with Salesforce for it's integrated Power Dialer.
  • InsideSales.com provides our sales teams with the ability to efficiently make outbound calls.
  • InsideSales.com also provides in-depth call based reporting.
  • The lead management platform (LMP) could use improvement overall. However, I am not sure that should be a focus as Saleforce does such a good job of that. InsideSales.com has really found a niche with their amazing Power Dialer.
InsideSales.com is best suited for insides sales teams, though we use it for our outbound sales teams as well.
Read Neal Hopkin's full review

PowerDialer for Salesforce, from XANT (formerly InsideSales.com) Scorecard Summary

Contact preview (11)
Dialer-CRM integration (13)
Call notes & tags (13)
Automatic call logging (13)
Outbound dialing (13)
Inbound routing (10)
Custom caller ID (11)
Click-to-call (12)
Recorded voicemail drop (7)
Dialer contact import (10)
Campaign & list management (8)
Dialer reporting & analytics (9)
Dialer compliance (9)

About PowerDialer for Salesforce, from XANT (formerly InsideSales.com)

InsideSales.com Predictive PowerDialer is an AI-powered sales acceleration application that aims to help SDR teams connect with the right people at the right times. The vendor's value proposition is that PowerDialer is designed to increase the focus, engagement and productivity of reps, with the goal of enabling them to generate more sales.

The application uses predictive models to make recommendations on the next best prospect and best contact method. In addition to advanced list prioritization, PowerDialer provides single-click dialing, pre-recorded voice messaging, email, inbound call routing, etc. Users can gain insight into what works and what doesn’t by analyzing detailed call reports and capturing activities to the CRM automatically.

LocalPresence displays a local number to the user's prospects, which the vendor says can increase contact rates by up to 38% using phone numbers local to virtually every North American and European metropolitan area. According to the vendor, quantity of dials is important, but not as important as having more conversations that lead to qualified opportunities.

ImmediateResponse automatically places new incoming leads at the top of sales reps' lists, so that they can respond immediately to hot opportunities. The vendor says customers find that a lead called within five minutes of requesting information is over 10x more likely to answer and is 4x more likely to qualify.

PowerDialer for Salesforce, from XANT (formerly InsideSales.com) Features

Dialer Logistics Features
Has featureSingle line dialing
Does not have featureDouble line dialing
Does not have featureTriple line dialing
Has featureCall into server with landline
Has featureCall into server with VoIP "soft phone"
Has featureCall into server with mobile phone
Does not have featurePredictive dialer
Has featurePower dialer
Preview Dialer Features
Has featureContact preview
Has featureDialer-CRM integration
Does not have featureBuilt-in CRM
Has featureDialer integration to social media
Does not have featureSI database integration
Has featureCall notes & tags

PowerDialer for Salesforce, from XANT (formerly InsideSales.com) Integrations

Salesforce, ZenPrint, MS Outlook

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

PowerDialer for Salesforce, from XANT (formerly InsideSales.com) Support Options

Paid Version