XWiki Collaboration Suite Review: "XWiki is the ultimate solution for collective intelligence over the Web"
- XWiki makes it easy to manage semi-structured information, which is at the heart of every knowledge nexus of organizations. It makes it easy to manage in a single system both structured data (such as memberships, projects), and unstructured data.
- XWiki offers a very rich API for creating enterprise applications quickly that are easy to maintain and evolve collaboratively.
- XWiki templating and skinning system is extremely flexible and powerful.
- While the basic pieces are available for turning XWiki into an advanced semantic system, some features could be made available more prominently to the user for easing the use of faceted and typed links, paving the way for a new era of collaborative knowledge sharing.
XWiki Collaboration Suite Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About XWiki Collaboration Suite
XWiki Collaboration Suite (XCS) is a software solution that is built on top of the XWiki Enterprise Open Source project.
According to the vendor, XCS tackles 2 main use cases:
- Information & Knowledge Management
- Collaborative Work
It is available on premise or as SaaS and is packaged with XWiki SAS services. These services include: support, a yearly upgrade, initial setup and configuration.
XWiki Collaboration Suite Screenshots
XWiki Collaboration Suite Competitors
XWiki Collaboration Suite Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
XWiki Collaboration Suite Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
XWiki Collaboration Suite Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries:||Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Oceania|
|Supported Languages:||French, English, German, Spanish, Portuguese|