- Formatting capabilities (12)7.575%
- Customizable dashboards (12)6.565%
- Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.) (12)6.363%
- Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization (12)6.262%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Yellowfin, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $250 per month
Yellowfin is an analytics suite that combines action based dashboards with automated analysis and data storytelling.
By aiming to deliver the best analytical experience, Yellowfin provides users with ways to engage with and act on their data, and addresses the needs of data analysts, business users, customers and developers who want to build, deploy or use amazing analytical experiences.
Analytics for software companies
Integrate and embed analytics with a difference into your app.
Replace legacy or home grown reporting tools
Embed a modern self-service analytics suite
Deliver an exceptional customer experience
Analytics for enterprise
Get more value from your data in new and innovative ways.
Migrate from spreadsheets to a modern analytics platform
Replace legacy BI applications
Embed analytics into operational workflows
Analytical Application Builders
Leverage your domain expertise to create data products that delight
Create unique data driven applications
Close the loop on analytics
Deliver insights as a service
- Supported: Administration via Web Interface
- Supported: Live Connection to External Data
- Supported: Snapshot of External Data
- Supported: In-memory data model
- Supported: OLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
- Supported: ROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
- Supported: Multi-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
- Supported: Data warehouse / dictionary layer
- Supported: ETL Capability
- Supported: ETL Scheduler
- Supported: MS Excel Workbooks
- Supported: Text Files (CSV, etc)
- Supported: Oracle
- Supported: MS SQL Server
- Supported: IBM DB2
- Supported: Postgres
- Supported: MySQL
- Supported: ODBC
- Supported: Cloudera Hadoop
- Supported: Hortonworks Hadoop
- Supported: EMC Greenplum
- Supported: IBM Netezza
- Supported: HP Vertica
- Supported: ParAccel
- Supported: SAP Hana
- Supported: Teradata
- Supported: Sage 500
- Supported: Salesforce
- Supported: SAP
- Supported: Google Analytics
- Supported: Pixel Perfect reports
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Predictive modeling
- Supported: Integration with R or other statistical packages
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to Web
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Output Raw Supporting Data
- Supported: Report Versioning
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Delivery to Remote Servers
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Support for Machine Learning models
- Supported: Integration with R or other statistical packages
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Field-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Mobile Application
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- Supported: REST API
- Supported: iFrames
- Supported: Java API
- Supported: Themeable User Interface (UI)
- Supported: Customizable Platform (Open Source)
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||80%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||15%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||Japanese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Thai, Chinese|
- Self Hosted Site
- Support Calls
- Data looks really bad
- It takes too many steps to get the data to show
- Company does not help with startups that cannot find value with the tool.
- It allows trend analysis, real time analysis and predictive analysis, which helps us to know the market and making good decisions.
- It also allows you to view all data in real time and benchmark results.
- It has mobile access, which allows us to monitor the data collected at any time and place. And it has the drag and drop tool that few similar software have and is very useful.
- Data extraction can be a bit slow, I don't know if it is due to my computer or a system problem.
- The integration with google Analytics, was quite cumbersome, so much so that we required help from technical support.
- If they could have the cloud based version of the program, that would be great, so my computer wouldn't carry so much weight.
- Characteristics that aid collaborative work, such as a communication function required for discussions between relevant parties based on various reports.
- Fine-tune access privileges in a simple and clear manner.
- Strong services expertise.
- Program with an option for cloud.
- Some issues during loading items and charts.
- Some reports are difficult to produce, it lags and hangs sometimes.
- Automating data analytics
- Building dashboard
- Preparing data for presentation
- user interface
- Action based dashboard / home page
- Quick, powerful tool to visualize data in an easy to digest format
- Pretty expensive solution relative to Power BI
- Very flexible
- Great tool to reach general public
- Bring back ACL function
- More options for meta data
- Needs better gauges
- Presentation of information for executive reporting.
- Collaboration and action task assignment on pinpointed issues highlighted in reports and dashboards.
- End client easy self - service reporting.
- The ability to predefine a colour for a specific graph as a selection option dynamically.
- The ability to customise the label of a chart, especially with respect to performance related reporting graphs we need an increase in dynamic charting options to meet our more specialised requirements.
- The Yellowfin user interface fits seamlessly into our own web software as it too is designed in the latest web technologies making it easy to use and easily accessible to our client base.
- The Yellowfin user interface is intuitive and easy to use, elevating VSV clients from needing in-depth training on the product before true value can be realised.
- The Yellowfin architecture supports the Pintl architecture 100% due to a similar design strategy and as such no real overhead is added to the Pintl system for the addition of the Yellowfin product nor does it add any additional IT overhead to be used.
- The Yellowfin product is quick and simple to develop reports and dashboards in cutting turn-around-time at the VSV development team and when new/custom reports are required by VSV clients.
- Initially the Yellowfin business model was difficult to align to the VSV model but through some simple negotiations a workable model was reach which made in commercial application viable
- Some additional licensing models could also be of value as we do not use the product in a pure business intelligence only application.
- Ease of use
- Simple highly visual dashboards and reports
- Web based, so zero footprint
- Cost effective
- Needs better meters / gauges
- Ease of use due to a clear and good structured user interface
- Easy to administrate and to develop new BI content even for personnel without IT background
- Powerful features for collaboration and sharing (social BI)
- Very helpful documentation (wiki), support portal and monthly webinar series
- More options to include meta data (column description, data annotation, report annotation) for BI self service end users
- The compliance to the International Business Communication Standards (IBCS) is currently not possible
- Yellowfin has great visualizations and has been designed well for the business user to be able to simply navigate without issue.
- The tool is very flexible to use allowing multiple data sources to connect.
- They have done a good job in researching the market to understand and position their tool for a great core audience -- the tool was great for us at the time.
- The tool was somewhat clunky to use at times (specifically the mapping functionality).
- Could use some tips from Tableau to understand the "Apple" like design and simplicity of developing.
- Should have worked closer with the supporting vendor as the tool did not feel seamless in how it operated with ACL and their data/analytics tools at the time.
- Yellowfin was a tool that completed the task we initially asked it to do, however upon further research, we rated other tools to be more capable and user friendly. With a little improvement Yellowfin could continue rising into a great analytics tool.
Here are some business problems we have addressed for our customers:
- A framework for candidate sourcing, selection, hiring, on-boarding and retention for a large blue collar employee hiring company. The outcome of the framework is the availability dashboards and its associate reports to improve productivity, reduce risk and lower cost. The dashboard covers requisitions status, candidates timelines & hires.
- Order Forecasting model - To prepare a 15-day rolling forecasting mechanism that will forecast the month-on-month and Y-o-Y sales orders for TS business in terms of product lines. An accuracy of ~90% is achieved using ARIMA modelling. This is achieved using Yellowfin and "R" integration.
- Evaluating massive amounts of historical and real-time sensor data across assets in operations to optimize “my maintenance” (predictive ) schedules and real-time executive dashboards with accuracy of data for large boiler room solutions.
- Yellowfin’s Storyboard, Timeline and Collaborative tools make it easy to share data and insights across an organisation.
- Strong Operational and Executive Dashboards that reflect the business KPIs and can send out prompts to people within the business based on rules.
- Yellowfin makes it incredibly easy to create dynamic reports and dashboards which incorporate maps through locational intelligence functionality.
- Yellowfin is a single license and all access is via a web browser making it perfect for both on-premise and cloud deployment. Mobile apps are also available.
- User roles and source filtering allows Admin/IT to offer different functions/views by user group/role.
- Mobile BI applications to support any device ..
- API connectors ( YF 7.2 on the way in Mar16 ) for a range of third-party Web-based applications, data sources, Enterprises CRM/ERP apps & open data platform apps, including Salesforce, Google Analytics, Twitter, Youtube , Zoho CRM, XE.com & more coming to make endusers to integrate their applications for better benefits
- Yellowfin Integration with Predictive analytical and Big Data processing tools like R, UDF, Spark to build rich applications for end users
- Predictive analytics features within Yellowfin tool.
- All type of organisations from small, medium to large enterprises applications
- All type of users in an organisations - Business users , Analysts and consumers
- Large clustering installation with high volume of transaction under Linux platform with high number of concurrent users
- Low budget customer engagements
- Online training
- In-person training
- Availability of 24x7x365 support team to cover all regions
- Technical team well trained
- Knowledge of product
- Proper product documentation and support guidelines
- Defined SLA