Reviews (1-6 of 6)
- Presentation of information for executive reporting.
- Collaboration and action task assignment on pinpointed issues highlighted in reports and dashboards.
- End client easy self - service reporting.
- The ability to predefine a colour for a specific graph as a selection option dynamically.
- The ability to customise the label of a chart, especially with respect to performance related reporting graphs we need an increase in dynamic charting options to meet our more specialised requirements.
- The Yellowfin user interface fits seamlessly into our own web software as it too is designed in the latest web technologies making it easy to use and easily accessible to our client base.
- The Yellowfin user interface is intuitive and easy to use, elevating VSV clients from needing in-depth training on the product before true value can be realised.
- The Yellowfin architecture supports the Pintl architecture 100% due to a similar design strategy and as such no real overhead is added to the Pintl system for the addition of the Yellowfin product nor does it add any additional IT overhead to be used.
- The Yellowfin product is quick and simple to develop reports and dashboards in cutting turn-around-time at the VSV development team and when new/custom reports are required by VSV clients.
- Initially the Yellowfin business model was difficult to align to the VSV model but through some simple negotiations a workable model was reach which made in commercial application viable
- Some additional licensing models could also be of value as we do not use the product in a pure business intelligence only application.
Here are some business problems we have addressed for our customers:
- A framework for candidate sourcing, selection, hiring, on-boarding and
retention for a large blue collar employee hiring company. The outcome of the framework is the availability dashboards and its
associate reports to improve productivity, reduce risk and lower cost. The
dashboard covers requisitions status, candidates timelines & hires.
- Order Forecasting model - To prepare a 15-day rolling forecasting
mechanism that will forecast the month-on-month and Y-o-Y sales orders
for TS business in terms of product lines. An accuracy of ~90% is achieved
using ARIMA modelling. This is achieved using Yellowfin and "R" integration.
- Evaluating massive amounts of historical and real-time sensor data across
assets in operations to optimize “my maintenance” (predictive )
schedules and real-time executive dashboards with accuracy of data for large boiler room solutions.
- Yellowfin’s Storyboard, Timeline and Collaborative tools make it easy to share data and insights across an organisation.
- Strong Operational and Executive Dashboards that reflect the business KPIs and can send out prompts to people within the business based on rules.
- Yellowfin makes it incredibly easy to create dynamic reports and dashboards which incorporate maps through locational intelligence functionality.
- Yellowfin is a single license and all access is via a web browser making it perfect for both on-premise and cloud deployment. Mobile apps are also available.
- User roles and source filtering allows Admin/IT to offer different functions/views by user group/role.
- Mobile BI applications to support any device ..
- API connectors ( YF 7.2 on the way in Mar16 ) for a range of third-party Web-based applications, data sources, Enterprises CRM/ERP apps & open data platform apps, including Salesforce, Google Analytics, Twitter, Youtube , Zoho CRM, XE.com & more coming to make endusers to integrate their applications for better benefits
- Yellowfin Integration with Predictive analytical and Big Data processing tools like R, UDF, Spark to build rich applications for end users
- Predictive analytics features within Yellowfin tool.
- All type of organisations from small, medium to large enterprises applications
- All type of users in an organisations - Business users , Analysts and consumers
- Large clustering installation with high volume of transaction under Linux platform with high number of concurrent users
- Low budget customer engagements
- Online training
- In-person training
- Yellowfin has great visualizations and has been designed well for the business user to be able to simply navigate without issue.
- The tool is very flexible to use allowing multiple data sources to connect.
- They have done a good job in researching the market to understand and position their tool for a great core audience -- the tool was great for us at the time.
- The tool was somewhat clunky to use at times (specifically the mapping functionality).
- Could use some tips from Tableau to understand the "Apple" like design and simplicity of developing.
- Should have worked closer with the supporting vendor as the tool did not feel seamless in how it operated with ACL and their data/analytics tools at the time.
- Yellowfin was a tool that completed the task we initially asked it to do, however upon further research, we rated other tools to be more capable and user friendly. With a little improvement Yellowfin could continue rising into a great analytics tool.
- Ease of use due to a clear and good structured user interface
- Easy to administrate and to develop new BI content even for personnel without IT background
- Powerful features for collaboration and sharing (social BI)
- Very helpful documentation (wiki), support portal and monthly webinar series
- More options to include meta data (column description, data annotation, report annotation) for BI self service end users
- The compliance to the International Business Communication Standards (IBCS) is currently not possible
Yellowfin Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Yellowfin is an analytics suite that combines action based dashboards with automated analysis and data storytelling.
By aiming to deliver the best analytical experience, Yellowfin provides users with ways to engage with and act on their data, and addresses the needs of data analysts, business users, customers and developers who want to build, deploy or use amazing analytical experiences.
Analytics for software companies
Integrate and embed analytics with a difference into your app.
Replace legacy or home grown reporting tools
Embed a modern self-service analytics suite
Deliver an exceptional customer experience
Analytics for enterprise
Get more value from your data in new and innovative ways.
Migrate from spreadsheets to a modern analytics platform
Replace legacy BI applications
Embed analytics into operational workflows
Analytical Application Builders
Leverage your domain expertise to create data products that delight
Create unique data driven applications
Close the loop on analytics
Deliver insights as a service
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Yellowfin Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||80%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||15%|
Yellowfin Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Yellowfin Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Japanese, English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Thai, Chinese|