Currently Yii Framework is the main technology behind many applications in the company. It helps to reduce development time by offering …
Yii Framework is used by the PHP team to develop customer portals. We do a lot of REST API integration with our internal applications. It …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Yii Framework, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Yii Framework is a free and open source PHP framework.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Currently Yii Framework is the main technology behind many applications in the company. It helps to reduce development time by offering many tools and components, that helps to build applications faster and saving money. Also, there are many developers out there that knows PHP and helps us to find good developers. Lately Yii has been moved from being the only framework to make web apps, to be the main backend technology.
- Yii is fully MVC and object oriented. It implements the patrons really well and helps developers (and company) to stick to a single way to do things.
- Yii offers a lot of components to build any application fast. Just read documentation and implement it. Also there are many 3rd party projects that you can use for extend Yii functionality.
- It has a really good documentation where you can find all required information for classes, components, etc. There are multiple examples in the Wiki and if you still need to find more information there's a good community forums where you can find information.
- Yii it's easy to use because it uses components very known for developers like bootstrap or jQuery. It's easy for any average developer to learn how to use Yii and start working with it.
- Yii lets you build small CRUD applications instantly, Web or REST API CRUD applications can be done in a single click
- Database migration process is really simple to use, fast and let us implement database changes really quick without any worries.
- Maybe support to update their main components like jQuery or Boostrap. It's too attached with the included versions.
- Their view template engine is simple, doesn't offer support for better options like competition.
- Wiki can include more tutorials for common examples or problems.
Yii is very well suited if you love to program with Object Oriented PHP. This framework uses OOP very well and if you know this pattern you'll love it. The same applies for its MVC architecture and if you come from formal software development education. Also if you are in a bussiness enviroment and need a stable framework. This is the tool for you. It uses very formal scheme but I would like more open and hackable framework, and for this Yii2 is not a good option. Also, if you like to have bleeding edge technologies I don't recommend this framework.
It's has a really good support based on online documentation and official forums. But sometimes I wish there were a paid service where to report some urgent issues.
Yii Framework is used by the PHP team to develop customer portals. We do a lot of REST API integration with our internal applications. It helps providing and collecting information from customers.
- Generating forms and integrates bootstrap
- Provides great CRUD functionality with active record
- Provides lots of useful HTML helper widgets for UI enhancement
- Provides good access control (RBAC)
- There should be more flexibility to extend or add capability for theming
- Provide in-build REST API integration tool rather than using 3rd party
- More hands on documentation around consuming REST API and access control
Yii Framework is well suited for medium size application and gets a bit hectic to work with for bigger application as more files get added.