Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins are a set of tools developed by Joost de Valk and team, founder of yoast.com and Wordpress enthusiast. These tools are designed to help content rank higher and are subsumed under the Yoast Complete pack, which includes Video SEO for rank climbing with embedded videos in a Wordpress site, WooCommerce SEO for the WP ecommerce plugin, News SEO for rank climbing in Google news, Local SEO for (as the name implies) climbing in local listings with more complete information so can be located (e.g. Google Maps, a store locator, etc.), and Premium SEO redirect manager for dealing with common redirect errors and issues. Yoast Complete for a single site license can be obtained for $279, for up to 5 sites for $479, and for up to 20 sites for $849. The plugins may also be bought individually, and yoast.com now offers a Google Analytics (GA) plugin.Yoast is true "plug and play" content SEO coaching for beginners to pros!We are an affiliate for a primarily digital product. Web presence is practically the only entry into the sales funnel, so building traffic is fundamental. We use Yoast Wordpress SEO plugins for all our blogging, because it encourages "best practices" for SEO - good SEO plus thoughtful keyword selections are the keys to getting traffic to the site.,SEO coaching - best practices for SEO are always in flux. Yoast gives step by step guidance for APPROPRIATE use of keywords in text, headings, subheadings, titles, and images. Yoast also provides reminders for other elements - outbound and internal links, customized meta and the like. Readability analysis - Whether readability is essential to SEO, I'm not sure, however, I do believe good writing will provide a better guest experience, which helps entry into the sales funnel. Yoast provides a variety of analytics on readability, such as use of subheadings, sentence length, passive voice, reading ease, etc. Great discipline in becoming a better writer, and hopefully improving SEO! Integration - Yoast "plays nice" with other tools! You can integrate Yoast with Google Search Console and your social media for a better, more comprehensive view of your traffic, your site, and your audience. Great for beginners and experts alike - even if you had to google "SEO," Yoast is for you! It's easy to set up and walks you through everything you can and should be doing. As you get more advanced, it's highly customizable -- well, there's settings for advanced customization, I'm not an SEO expert, so I haven't gone there yet!,SEO is complex, and Yoast can seem a little overwhelming just going through all the options available. It would be nice if there were some help with prioritization - "this is essential," "this will is useful, but may only marginally improve your reach," or some other priority generalization. Over-reliance on Yoast can be detrimental to your traffic! It's not entirely their fault, but, it's easy to "fall asleep at the wheel," and let your Yoast dashboard become your sole SEO adviser. Well, like every product, there are sometimes bugs and issues which can affect rankings, so, you have to be aware and make sure you also independently check your results! Keyword research integration would be great - I don't know if it's available in the premium package, but, I still use my google adwords to research appropriate keywords,9,We are getting better engagement on our site, as determined by time on sight, page views and clicks. Organic search traffic is significantly higher, however I can't say it's attributable to Yoast SEO alone - more attention to optimizing keywords is also playing a role. Because the free version of Yoast is more than adequate for our needs, Yoast is a highly resource efficient, 90% solution to our SEO needs - again, we still need to do our own keyword research, competitive analysis, site audit, etc., but Yoast gives us a great boost to make sure our content reflects SEO best practices.,SEOquake, SEMRush and Long Tail Pro,WordPress, LibreOffice, Ubuntu LinuxYoast, an Important SEO GuideI am a professional freelance photographer. As such, SEO is extremely important to my business. Since I don't have a storefront or physical presence, I need to be found online by potential customers. My website is powered by WordPress, so I chose Yoast SEO to accomplish the task of boosting my online presence.,The biggest plus to me is how user-friendly the plugin is. I'm not very proficient in the area of web design and SEO, so having a plugin that is so powerful yet so easy to use is important. The snippet previews which show how a post will appear in a search engine make content-creating much more effective. Yoast helps identify technical issues within my website. Web design, even within the WordPress platform, is very complicated, and I would not be able to identify problems, such as with indexing, on my own. These problems are clearly shown in my WordPress dashboard, so I never miss them and always have the opportunity to correct them. Keywords are one of the most important factors when it comes to being found online. Yoast guides me through my posts by checking my content against the keywords I'm using, reminding me to include these keywords in specific areas and to use them the proper amount of times. It makes post-creating so much easier and I have more confidence in my writing.,While Yoast is an important tool to use when writing posts, its guidelines shouldn't always be followed 100%, since it is, after all, a plugin and not a human. The green "go" lights can be misleading. I always try to trust my instincts when Yoast is encouraging me to word a phrase in a way that I know is not best. Yoast is a guide, not a science. With Yoast, it is possible to fall victim to keyword stuffing. It wants me to use a keyword a certain number of times, but it doesn't account for variations of that keyword I've already written that would be recognized in Google, such as the plural form, for example. So even though I've used a keyword in various forms the proper number of times, Yoast might not be giving me the green light yet, so I might stuff in more of that keyword, ultimately to the detriment of my post. My last complaint about Yoast is that the plugin does not keep up with Google, which is a huge problem since I use Yoast precisely to boost my website's presence within Google. And, when it doubt, I don't find that I can turn to Yoast support for help because their customer service is truly lacking.,8,My main objective with Yoast is to boost my online presence. As a freelance photographer, I rely on online customers finding me, therefore increasing my sales. Effective blog posts are a major component in Google's search algorithms, so I do believe Yoast helps with this. I use the free version of Yoast, so I don't have to worry about investing anything other than my time. Luckily, the plugin is easy to use, and I'd be spending time writing content anyway - so I believe it only has a positive impact on my business. It is difficult as a person not super knowledgeable in web design to look at analytics and know for certain that Yoast is directly impacting my sales. The success of my business sales relies on high traffic to my website, and I do know that since I began implementing Yoast, my website has seen more traffic than in all previous years.,,Adobe Photoshop, Apache OpenOffice, Code42 (formerly CrashPlan)Quick and Affordable SEO Tools for Wordpress UsersWe currently use Yoast SEO Plugins on 4 of our ecommerce websites, all using Wordpress. A challenge with any website has been becoming visible within the search engines. While Wordpress makes it easy to get a site online, it is never easy to be found on search engines such as Google and Bing. Yoast has helped us to pinpoint SEO gaps in our website and fix them as we publish new posts and pages to our site.,Helps improve posts. What we love most is that is instantly analyzes each post and gives us feedback up to the second. We know what needs to be corrected before we even publish the post or page. Suggests keywords to add to pages. Keywords are the most important part if you are trying to rank on Google. This is what people search for to find specific sites. If you have properly implemented your keyword within your content, you rank higher. Yoast points out when you are not using it enough and suggests that you add it if the page is lacking. Helps keep meta tags updated. This is something we didn't know was so important until using Yoast. The plugin does a great job of helping us keep our meta tags correct on each page to accurately tell the search engines what content is on that page.,It could be more lightweight. We have noticed that things run a bit more slowly one we installed Yoast. We understand it offers a lot in the plugin, but it does seem to be quite bulky. Premium version is needed to have advanced SEO settings. This is expected because the plugin is very useful and they need to make money. However, there are constant banners asking you to upgrade to premium (costs money) and you will need to do so if you intend to take full control of your Wordpress SEO. Some may not be able to afford this if just starting out.,9,Yoast has helped us to identify many SEO issues we had in terms of meta tags and lack of keywords on our site. Because of this, we have found that it was easier to be found on Google. While this may not translate directly to higher ROI yet, we believe it will in the long run. There have been no negative impacts to ROI with this plugin. The only downside is we suspect it may cause a slight bit of lag on the site as it seems to be a large plugin, but this has not negatively effected our users that we know of.,Attracta,Attracta, ZipBooks, SnagitYoast for Bloggers/WebsitesThe Yoast Plugin is the go-to SEO app for any WordPress website. As a blogger I have a self-hosted WordPress site, Yoast has been instrumental in getting my pages to rank. It's like an SEO checklist at your fingertips and the fact that there is a free version is amazing! I teach marketing classes and actually tell the business owners and bloggers in my classes to make sure they use this app.,Multiple Focus Keywords to choose from. I find it hard to only focus on one keyword and the paid version ensures you don't have to which is a nice bonus to this feature. Social Previews do pretty well and gives insight in to how the post will look when shared. Internal Linking, Even though I have been in marketing for 10 years I sometimes do forget to do internal linking and this app always reminds me!,Content insights sometimes misses the mark but I understand it a program so it can't truly analyze the data! I would suggest taking this portion with a grain of salt and trusting your vision for the page over the programs. You can find a lot of what is offered here through other platforms but the fact that they have so much in one spot is what sets it apart. Some may not enjoy the price especially when you can get a lot of the same things in the free version.,10,As long as you adhere to the recommendations you should be able to see an increase in organic traffic to your website.,WooRank,WooRankYoast Is What You Need For SEOWe use the Yoast WordPress plugin for multiple projects to facilitate the improvement of our SEO results. The plugin is used on the sites we create for ourselves as a company as well as the sites we use for our customers. We populate the keyword and readability information internally as well teaching our customers to use the tool.,Metadata - The plugin gives you an easy way to edit metadata. Keywording - The premium plugin lets you add multiple keywords for SEO. Redirects - The plugin automatically handles redirects of removed and renamed pages. Social Display - The plugin lets you customize how you want a page to display when linked within social media.,It would be nice to be able to add keywords in the same box without creating new tabs for each keyword. When using a framework the plugin doesn't always pick up on word count, readability, and other things that are on the page.,10,This tool makes it easy for me to teach my customers how to improve their SEO. This saves me time from having to fill out all of the information, hence saving labor hours. At an enterprise level the plugin is affordable. Without an enterprise level we do not purchase plugins.,,WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office 365
Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins
Top Rated Award
Filter 159 vetted Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins reviews and ratings
Linda Sasenick profile photo
December 17, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast is true "plug and play" content SEO coaching for beginners to pros!"

We are an affiliate for a primarily digital product. Web presence is practically the only entry into the sales funnel, so building traffic is fundamental. We use Yoast WordPress SEO plugins for all our blogging, because it encourages "best practices" for SEO - good SEO plus thoughtful keyword selections are the keys to getting traffic to the site.
  • SEO coaching - best practices for SEO are always in flux. Yoast gives step by step guidance for APPROPRIATE use of keywords in text, headings, subheadings, titles, and images. Yoast also provides reminders for other elements - outbound and internal links, customized meta and the like.
  • Readability analysis - Whether readability is essential to SEO, I'm not sure, however, I do believe good writing will provide a better guest experience, which helps entry into the sales funnel. Yoast provides a variety of analytics on readability, such as use of subheadings, sentence length, passive voice, reading ease, etc. Great discipline in becoming a better writer, and hopefully improving SEO!
  • Integration - Yoast "plays nice" with other tools! You can integrate Yoast with Google Search Console and your social media for a better, more comprehensive view of your traffic, your site, and your audience.
  • Great for beginners and experts alike - even if you had to google "SEO," Yoast is for you! It's easy to set up and walks you through everything you can and should be doing. As you get more advanced, it's highly customizable -- well, there's settings for advanced customization, I'm not an SEO expert, so I haven't gone there yet!
  • SEO is complex, and Yoast can seem a little overwhelming just going through all the options available. It would be nice if there were some help with prioritization - "this is essential," "this will is useful, but may only marginally improve your reach," or some other priority generalization.
  • Over-reliance on Yoast can be detrimental to your traffic! It's not entirely their fault, but, it's easy to "fall asleep at the wheel," and let your Yoast dashboard become your sole SEO adviser. Well, like every product, there are sometimes bugs and issues which can affect rankings, so, you have to be aware and make sure you also independently check your results!
  • Keyword research integration would be great - I don't know if it's available in the premium package, but, I still use my google adwords to research appropriate keywords
I don't mind getting in the weeds, a bit, and, it is easy to spend a lot of time in the early part of the SEO learning curve, "in the weeds." Unless you already know what are the most essential elements for your application, it's easy to find yourself spending more time learning than doing.
Read Linda Sasenick's full review
Liz Wade profile photo
December 12, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast, an Important SEO Guide"

• The biggest plus to me is how user-friendly the plugin is. I'm not very proficient in the area of web design and SEO, so having a plugin that is so powerful yet so easy to use is important. The snippet previews which show how a post will appear in a search engine make content-creating much more effective.
  • Yoast helps identify technical issues within my website. Web design, even within the WordPress platform, is very complicated, and I would not be able to identify problems, such as with indexing, on my own. These problems are clearly shown in my WordPress dashboard, so I never miss them and always have the opportunity to correct them.
  • Keywords are one of the most important factors when it comes to being found online. Yoast guides me through my posts by checking my content against the keywords I'm using, reminding me to include these keywords in specific areas and to use them the proper amount of times. It makes post-creating so much easier and I have more confidence in my writing.
  • While Yoast is an important tool to use when writing posts, its guidelines shouldn't always be followed 100%, since it is, after all, a plugin and not a human. The green "go" lights can be misleading. I always try to trust my instincts when Yoast is encouraging me to word a phrase in a way that I know is not best. Yoast is a guide, not a science.
  • With Yoast, it is possible to fall victim to keyword stuffing. It wants me to use a keyword a certain number of times, but it doesn't account for variations of that keyword I've already written that would be recognized in Google, such as the plural form, for example. So even though I've used a keyword in various forms the proper number of times, Yoast might not be giving me the green light yet, so I might stuff in more of that keyword, ultimately to the detriment of my post.
  • My last complaint about Yoast is that the plugin does not keep up with Google, which is a huge problem since I use Yoast precisely to boost my website's presence within Google. And, when it doubt, I don't find that I can turn to Yoast support for help because their customer service is truly lacking.
Yoast can be a powerful and easy tool to use to help boost your website's presence online. It guides you in your writing and warns you about technical problems within your website. However, it can actually be detrimental if you follow Yoast's guidelines exactly and shy away from your instincts as a human reader. You should use Yoast as a guide, but do not tailor your posts precisely to achieve the plugin's green light.
Read Liz Wade's full review
Joseph Condon profile photo
November 12, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Quick and Affordable SEO Tools for Wordpress Users"

• Helps improve posts. What we love most is that is instantly analyzes each post and gives us feedback up to the second. We know what needs to be corrected before we even publish the post or page.
  • Suggests keywords to add to pages. Keywords are the most important part if you are trying to rank on Google. This is what people search for to find specific sites. If you have properly implemented your keyword within your content, you rank higher. Yoast points out when you are not using it enough and suggests that you add it if the page is lacking.
  • Helps keep meta tags updated. This is something we didn't know was so important until using Yoast. The plugin does a great job of helping us keep our meta tags correct on each page to accurately tell the search engines what content is on that page.
  • It could be more lightweight. We have noticed that things run a bit more slowly one we installed Yoast. We understand it offers a lot in the plugin, but it does seem to be quite bulky.
  • Premium version is needed to have advanced SEO settings. This is expected because the plugin is very useful and they need to make money. However, there are constant banners asking you to upgrade to premium (costs money) and you will need to do so if you intend to take full control of your Wordpress SEO. Some may not be able to afford this if just starting out.
Yoast is well suited for any website or small business trying to sell products or rank higher on search engines. Great content is important, but if SEO is poor, you won't rank. This plugin is probably not needed by anyone with a smaller presence that is looking to just have a personal blog that they share with a few people. There would be no need for the extra code bloat in that case.
Read Joseph Condon's full review
Rachel Hensley profile photo
December 12, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast for Bloggers/Websites"

• Multiple Focus Keywords to choose from. I find it hard to only focus on one keyword and the paid version ensures you don't have to which is a nice bonus to this feature.
  • Social Previews do pretty well and gives insight in to how the post will look when shared.
  • Internal Linking, Even though I have been in marketing for 10 years I sometimes do forget to do internal linking and this app always reminds me!
  • Content insights sometimes misses the mark but I understand it a program so it can't truly analyze the data! I would suggest taking this portion with a grain of salt and trusting your vision for the page over the programs.
  • You can find a lot of what is offered here through other platforms but the fact that they have so much in one spot is what sets it apart.
  • Some may not enjoy the price especially when you can get a lot of the same things in the free version.
Yoast will work and is needed for any self-hosted WordPress website. It will only help the SEO if people adhere to the guidelines and changes it's recommending. It can work on any type of website, I especially love it with blogging because even if you are brand new to blogging your SEO will still be great by using this app.
Read Rachel Hensley's full review
Emily P profile photo
December 09, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast Is What You Need For SEO"

• Metadata - The plugin gives you an easy way to edit metadata.
  • Keywording - The premium plugin lets you add multiple keywords for SEO.
  • Redirects - The plugin automatically handles redirects of removed and renamed pages.
  • Social Display - The plugin lets you customize how you want a page to display when linked within social media.
  • It would be nice to be able to add keywords in the same box without creating new tabs for each keyword.
  • When using a framework the plugin doesn't always pick up on word count, readability, and other things that are on the page.
If you're using WordPress you should be using Yoast SEO. In my opinion, it is the best tool to get the job done. You get metadata, keywords, readability, and social media integration all in one place. It's included on the page/post editing tool so it's front and center where you're more likely to add the information right away rather than waiting.
Read Emily P's full review
James McQuillin profile photo
December 07, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast is my sole source for Local SEO and helps me reach new clients"

I run a small business in my town providing in-home computer lessons and technology support. I created my website using WordPress and I am not an SEO expert by any means. Yoast has been extremely helpful in helping me strategically write content, and organize URLs, headers, etc. to ensure I am visible in organic search results and it has paid off immensely.
  • Keyphrases are powerful so I can determine the main purpose of a page or post, and Yoast helps me write content that includes the keyphrase effectively without being excessive.
  • Yoast also helps with overall readability using their red/yellow/green light indicators. Even better are the detail explanations that help guide you to understand HOW and exactly WHAT you need to do to achieve the green light status (i.e. sentence length, passive voice, etc...).
  • Snippet preview is also great to be able to control what will appear in an organic search result so I can ensure it contains the most important and relevant information to a potential visitor.
  • There are times when I disagree with some of the readability suggestions but overall they are extremely helpful.
  • Nothing else comes to mind, Yoast honestly has been very helpful and works great!
Without all the guidance and tips that Yoast SEO provides, my websites local visibility would be much lower. I gain new clients from my website and it is critical I am found when certain keywords or keyphrases are searched online. Yoast has helped this to become a reality. Plus, I can always revise existing content or write new content and the scores/tips are updated dynamically as I write.
Read James McQuillin's full review
December 17, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast SEO plug-ins WILL help you get your site noticed!"

I use Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins on our main website to help improve our SEO and to check-- whenever changes are made-- that our site is still all clear without errors.
  • Ease of operation -- Install the plug-in and follow their step-by-step instructions. It's really that easy.
  • Level of detail -- This plug-in will inform you when your page is not optimized, but also shows you the steps you need to correct the problems without any of the guesswork.
  • Plays well with WordPress -- I know this seems like a no-brainer, but it does not mess up your site. Yoast does a great job of making sure that their plug-in works correctly with the most current version of WordPress.
  • Can be a little too aggressive -- Sometimes you just don't need the level of detail that it recommends. And also sometimes even after completing their recommendations, it still kicks back errors.
  • The interface hasn't been updated in a while, so while it does work it is starting to look stale in comparison to similar products.
  • They could make it easier to change things site-wide.
Yoast is great for beginners like myself who know that they need to optimize their site for SEO but aren't sure how to get started or what to adjust. If you are an advanced user, you probably wouldn't like it very much (and probably wouldn't be using it anyway!) since it seems to do a good job at the basics, but lacks ways to adjust things on a more granular level. I am fine with that, but some may find that to be a deal breaker.
December 12, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Great tool for SEO best practices"

We utilize Yoast SEO in order to set header tags, meta descriptions, and more for all of our pages within WordPress.
  • Set header tags
  • Set meta descriptions
  • See recommended length and best practices for SEO
  • UI is a little clunky, but overall easy to use
Yoast SEO is perfect for companies using WordPress as their CMS that are interested in best practices for SEO, but maybe do not have the necessary resources to either outsource or to internally find talent. We have the ability to modify header tags, meta descriptions and more from every webpage we have on our site.
December 11, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "That feeling when you get the green light!!"

Yoast SEO is an excellent Wordpress plugin that allows me to check the SEO of my blog post as I type. It is only being used by myself for personal use, but as we have acquired more clients who are blogging on Wordpress I will recommend this tool. It allows me to test readability and make sure I am linking enough relevant links to my posts.
  • Provides me with a readability score in the moment that allows me to edit my writing as I go.
  • I love the content optimization for multiple keywords, on the free version it was one which was really limiting
  • I like how it suggests links to other pages of my site as I type, so its easier for me to link
  • It's pretty expensive for a plug-in and not something a lot of our clients would invest in
  • I would prefer chat support to email support
  • It would be helpful if it could auto generate meta descriptions and titles
If you are trying to write blog posts to drive traffic and leads to your site, I would recommend using the Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins. If you have a very distinct writing style and that is important to your post, you may get frustrated using the plugin and you'll never get that green light!
November 29, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "My Experience with the Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin"

My organization currently uses the Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins for enhancing SEO on our website. I am the website manager, so I am the person that directly downloaded it, installed it, and used it on every page of our website. It addresses the business problem of integrating keywords and tags on our website.
  • The area in which you edit your snippet and keyword is very easy to complete. The green/orange/red colors indicate whether it's good to go, needs improvements or has problems. Very intuitive.
  • The analysis area of the page goes into thorough detail of the problems/improvements/good results and has links in the descriptions that go to Yoast's SEO Blog on their website. It's a great tool for beginners to get a good grip on terms such as "meta description, outbound links, subheadings, SEO title, etc"
  • There's also a section that allows you to edit how the page will look if it's shared on Facebook or Twitter - really allowing you to dive deep into controlling how your website appears across social.
  • When viewing the list of pages on your website, Yoast displays the SEO Score and Readability Score by color. If you hover over the color, there is a short description of how you can improve it. I wish the description was just a little more detailed - or if the score is hovering just below green or orange, it would state "one more recommendation needed" or something to that effect.
  • I wish there was a discount option for Yoast SEO Premium for Non-profits - or at least a one month free trial to be able to pull reports and prove the value of the plugin to our Board that builds the budget.
I think that Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins is well suited for websites of any size. The free version is good for basic to intermediate websites, however, any website with 50+ pages should definitely consider paying for the premium version. Using it for redirects and the 24/7 assistance is worth the ~$8/month, in my opinion.
Anthony Burke profile photo
May 23, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "If you use WordPress, you should be using Yoast SEO."

I use the Yoast SEO plug-in for WordPress almost every day. As a web content writer, business blogger, and de facto "editor in chief" for our agency, I use WordPress a lot an for a variety of content types. Yoast serves as a great checklist for on-page SEO. As you may know, there are many elements that go into on-page optimization. Without Yoast, it would be easy to occasionally forget one or two of them if I was in a hurry. Yoast provides a very visible red-yellow-green light icon that lets you know how well optimized your page is. Long story short, if you use WordPress, you should have the Yoast plug-in.
  • The traffic light icon serves as a visible signpost telling you, at a glance, how far along your optimization of a given page is.
  • The checklist offered educates users about which elements factor into SEO.
  • Yoast provides a Google Snippet editor so you can customize exactly how you want your SERP snippet to read, which is a big advantage.
  • Yoast also offers a readability score, which can serve as a reasonable guide for new writers.
  • Yoast's plug-in is great for on-page but does not provide insights into your ongoing SEO strategy, and how different pages on your site interact with one another.
  • The readability score feels a bit crude. I understand that it provides a nationally recognized readability standard, but as a (dare I say) expert writer with an extensive background in many styles, I sometimes disregard this score. Maybe Google prefers the readability standard to my own, but as it sometimes shoots down sentences with more sophisticated structures, I believe that I know better. Maybe I'm a fool, but sometimes a writer's just gotta write.
  • Offering keyword research and data would be nice. There is very little input about the quality of keyword you are choosing. If you are confident that you know your keywords without input, then this won't be a problem.
  • To my knowledge, Yoast does not offer a competitive analysis or track your SERP performance for you. Tools for on-page only.
If you regularly publish content on a WordPress site, Yoast SEO is simply a necessity. It works very well as a guide for on-page optimization. It holds your hand through editing all of your metadata and some of the things you might not think about if you are new to SEO. Landing pages, blog posts, and really any kind of web content benefit from the optimization tools provided by this plug-in.
Read Anthony Burke's full review
Gwendolyn Kestrel profile photo
December 20, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast SEO Plug-In: A Must-Have for every WordPress Site"

I've used Yoast in most of my recent roles. If the company isn't already using it, it's at the top of my list to recommend. It's especially helpful with multiple contributors who don't have a good SEO foundation. Its intuitive interface guides SEO novices away from common mistakes and toward good practices.
  • The Yoast WordPress SEO plug-in makes managing your metadata very easy.
  • The free version is a great tool that enables you to easily put in focus keywords, meta titles, and meta descriptions.
  • The paid version enables you to automatically assess the viability of your page for your focus keywords.
  • The help features and tutorials don't always keep up with the changes to the interface, so following their guidance requires a moderate amount of interpretation.
I use the free version with my personal websites which include a general information site, an e-commerce site, and an author site. The paid version is great when working with multiple authors and having them put in the first draft of metadata. It heightens awareness and overall improves SEO. If most of your site is behind a log-in and password protected, you probably don't need this.
Read Gwendolyn Kestrel's full review
March 06, 2018

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Increase your sales with Yoast SEO"

We use Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin in our blogs for 4 countries, because we need to improve SEO. It's only used by my team (marketing). Using this plugin is usually easy, but sometimes it does not work well. We use the Free version. When I add the keyword for a post, it does not recognize this word in Yoast, so I'm trying to update the page, but nothing happens, I need to close the session and then log in to make it work.
  • Yoast SEO identifies what it is that you need to improve in the whole page, it is very easy because it shows it with colors to facilitate recognizing errors
  • Yoast SEO helps you to write an article correctly, indicating the limit of each paragraph
  • Yoast SEO is perfect to increase the organic traffic in your site
  • sometimes it takes a long time to recognize that everyone is being met
  • Yoast SEO sometimes does not recognize the images and links on the page
  • The limit in the title and the description is outdated with what Google recognizes
Use Yoast SEO to improve organic traffic, it's fine, but when you want to create a snippet it's better to use other techniques
Jeremy Hawes profile photo
September 27, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "An absolutely essential WordPress plugin for beginners and experts of SEO"

We use the Yoast WordPress SEO plugins for all our WordPress website clients who pay for our SEO and marketing services. The plugins give us control and insight over our website's meta data that is crucial for all the latest in SEO standards, which WordPress does not provide by default.
  • Provides insight into your pages/posts content as it relates to keywords that you wish to target.
  • Provides complete control over your title tag, meta description, OG/Twitter Card meta data, robots meta tag, and canonical tag.
  • Generates automated sitemap.xml files.
  • Connects with console tools (i.e. Google Search Console).
  • There are some UI improvements I think could be implemented to make the editing of the title and meta description tags easier to spot (it's very crucial to customize this per page/post).
I really can't think of a situation where the Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins would not be useful and arguably the best go-to SEO tool for WordPress. I don't believe I manage a single WordPress website without these plugins.
Read Jeremy Hawes's full review
Marissa White profile photo
September 21, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Simple little plugin that does what it says on the tin for simple SEO"

I use this to optimise my blog posts to appear in SEO results. Tips for how to improve are easily viewable at the bottom of my blog post screen
  • Was super easy plugin to install to WordPress
  • The traffic light system of red, amber, green is an easy indication of how well your post will perform
  • It includes readability as well as SEO
  • I like that you can click 'through' to problem areas to edit
  • very simple. not to be used for advanced SEO (beyond my skill set) but I think a very good tool for a smaller website
I think this is a no brainer for any WordPress site
Read Marissa White's full review
Alexis Correa profile photo
October 03, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Improve your SEO"

Searching for the best SEO we found this plug-in. It is excellent to configure your presence in the main search engines. We use it for our customers, they quickly learn how to configure it. In every update, they add more functions and facilities to achieve our positioning goals. The only problem is the high cost of all services.

• Helps to improve the writing of my publications.
  • The look in the search engines.
  • Easy to position according to keywords.
  • Multiple keywords should be easier.
  • The regularly update. I have not had a bad experience.
  • Recommendations or suggestions in the titles and content.
It is used for any type of website. Commercial or personal, the purpose is to improve the positioning and make your site visible in search engines. And you can do it in a simple way, by acquiring this plug-in. If you don't want your website to be visible to users, in this scenario it is the least appropriate.
Read Alexis Correa's full review
July 20, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast has the MOST!"

I run several WordPress sites for myself AND clients and have Yoast on ALL of them to make SERPS friendly websites on auto-pilot.
  • Beginner friendly
  • Easy to set-up and implement
  • Don't have to be a tech nerd or SEO expert to use it
  • You don't have to be an SEO expert to configure and understand it
  • It CAN conflict with other plugins on occassion, that's the only con I can think of
It's well-suited for ANY WordPress self-hosted website! A no-brainer.
Seth Tucker profile photo
June 13, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Boom goes the dynamite! Ahem, I mean, Yoast is awesome!"

We use Yoast as a tool and guide to optimize our content pages for SEO. It helps us better understand how the content on the page, page title and descriptions align with our target keyword for the content.
  • Strengths: the plugin is super easy to use, and the color coding showing when things are good, medium (needs work), or bad. It makes it easy to sort through a list of posts and see which ones need improvement. It also makes it easy to ensure that new posts going live are focused on a keyword and are checking off the largest amount of the SEO checklist for an optimized article as can be. The plugin also: makes and publishes a sitemap to list in the Google Search Console to help maximize the indexing of your site, it automatically ads the rel="canonical" to each page, unless you specify otherwise, which is great it's one less thing to code into the theme. Yoast also adds the Organization schema to the site, which is nice for updating the Google Knowledge Graph data, but it's a fairly low-impact feature.
  • I would really like the Yoast plugin to add more of the Schema functionality to each page and post. Especially if it could add the JSON-LD formatting for blog posts and other page posts. Right now it's not as big of an impact on overall SEO performance, but as a built-in feature it would be great to have it site-wide before it becomes and absolutely critical element to have.
  • Weakness: it's easy to misunderstand and think that the Yoast plugin is "doing" SEO for you. That's a total misconception, the plugin is a guide to help manage your SEO for each page. The only thing the Yoast plugin does for you are the things listed in strengths.
I always recommend the Yoast plugin unless someone is a power user/professional SEO person. The reason being is because of its extreme simplicity. Most people are not tech savvy or very knowledgeable about SEO, which makes this plugin ideal. There are other plugins out there that can do a "better job" as far as technical performance goes, but for the average person, Yoast is easier to understand. In my opinion, it's the best for helping gauge how well the content is correctly geared for ranking. Which, at the end of the day, is the most important factor in getting organic traffic!
Read Seth Tucker's full review
Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA profile photo
April 17, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Give cheerful toast to Yoast! Thumbs up!"

Yoast SEO plug-in helps me gain perfect insight into potential on-page optimizations and problem areas that is both intuitive and with relative ease. Used by the marketing department, this plugin helps improve our web site's organic search profile.
  • Easy to use interface and simple to install within the WP admin
  • Perfect for on-page optimizations and some technical SEO aspects
  • Great online support and educational/training features
  • Helpful integrations with WordPress and with other online measuring and monitoring tools (Googe Analytics)
  • Doesn't replace the need for other SEO diagnostic tools
  • Readability feature of YOAST is not very intuitive or helpful
  • Lacking some features that would be more helpful around understanding how to fix some more common technical SEO problems
Basic SEO on-page optimizations. Provides some resolution to technical problems.
Read Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA's full review
June 15, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast is better than sliced toast..."

We utilize the Yoast SEO plugin on every WordPres site we build and/or manage. This is a very quick and simple solution for high level SEO factors in regards to content and page structure.
  • Great for analyzing content and recommending improvements.
  • Excellent for implementing SEO friendly meta tags and page titles, with just a few clicks.
  • Quick analysis tool for general on-page optimization.
  • Some of the content recommendations are a bit vague.
  • More direction for implementing schema.
  • It would be great to include semantic content ideas, similar to SEMRush.
Yoast is a great tool for anyone managing a WordPress site. It simplifies the optimization process, but does not integrate more advanced strategies.
March 15, 2017

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast is the gold standard for SEO"

Our company uses Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins for our website to ensure that all backend marketing content is structured perfectly and optimized for search engines and mobile devices. It provides an excellent guide for keyword density, meta descriptions, title tags and H1 through H4 headers. Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins are used by myself and our website developer.
  • When writing meta descriptions and title tags, Yoast WordPress SEO plugins provide a real-time snippet that lets you see exactly how it will appear in search.
  • Yoast WordPress SEO plugins have a color-coded guide that lets you know the SEO "strength" of content on each page of your website. Green is good, yellow is ok, and red is poor. Seeing these helps you easily identify web pages that need to be fixed for optimum SEO.
  • A huge benefit of Yoast WordPress SEO plugins is their ability to generate XML sitemaps of your website to submit to search engines.
  • I sometimes have questions about our website's mobile pages' SEO, and the Yoast WordPress SEO plugins don't have enough mobile information. It would be great if the plugins showed improvements that might be needed for better search results on mobile devices and tablets.
  • Some of the website setup areas in the Yoast WordPress SEO plugins can be difficult to understand. The recommended settings are good, but I often search the Yoast recommendations on Google to see what other SEOs are doing just to make sure.
Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins are the "gold standard" for website optimization. I feel they are ideal for everyone involved in SEO and website development, from novice content writers to seasoned website designers and developers. Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins provide you with the roadmap you need to have a content-rich website with word counts, page titles, meta descriptions and keyword density that follow best practices for Google and the other search engines. It probably wouldn't be appropriate for a website or blog without any text, but instead is comprised of pictures and/or videos.
Marilyn Mead profile photo
January 06, 2016

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Must Have for WordPress Users!"

The Yoast WP plug in has been a HUGE help in driving more qualified traffic to our site with minimal effort/changes. The plug in provides easy, practical step by step recommendations for how to optimize the content you already have, so that you don't have to be an SEO genius to optimize your website.
  • Highlights what's missing from your website so that you know exactly why a page might not be performing as well as you'd like, allowing you to fix the problem (missing links, page titles, image alt text, low kw density, etc.) to generate more qualified traffic.
  • Takes the guesswork out of writing effective website copy. When writing a blog post, for instance, you just tell Yoast the keyword you'd most like to leverage and it will grade you on how well you've incorporated it - in the headline, the copy, and the URL...
  • Amazingly easy to use - simple integration with your WordPress interface so that you can log into WordPress while Yoast "checks" your work as you're doing it.
My experience with Yoast applies to a business website that had fairly significant traffic to begin with, Yoast just helped me optimize the content better, but I don't think there's any reason it wouldn't work equally well for someone just starting out!
Read Marilyn Mead's full review
December 16, 2016

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Review: "Yoast to host your website"

I use the Yoast SEO plugin to force refresh a cache because otherwise people start emailing me that stuff doesn’t work when it works perfectly. On sites with more traffic though, you could also just leave the cache as is and wait it out a bit. Yoast SEO provides handy options for dealing with page titles, descriptions, and URLs. I also use it for XML sitemap generation and URL redirects. I also use it for customization options that appear beneath every page and post editor which forcefully remind you to choose a keyword and encourage its use in the heading, page title, URL, content, and meta description of your posts or pages. You can also switch through the tabs to get a page analysis, customize some advanced settings, and specify what information you want social networks to use. It is being used for the healthcare department website. It serves the [purpose] to provide a lot of options.
  • Yoast’s WordPress SEO is a comprehensive solution for all your on-site SEO needs. It allows you to add SEO title, meta description, and meta keywords to each post and page of your site.
  • You can also write custom titles for your main site, archives, category, and tag pages. It also adds Open Graph metadata, Twitter Cards, Sitemaps and ping search engines whenever you update your site.
  • The keyword counter and snippet preview features that come with Yoast are still big pluses though and not having them is a loss.
  • Automatically Capitalize Titles
  • Advanced SEO ultimate
  • Image optimizer
  • More visual
We can use Yoast to add custom post titles, meta descriptions, and meta keywords for our posts, pages, and taxonomies (tag, category, etc). To get a Google search result snippet preview, you can see exactly how your content will look when someone searches for it in Google. It can be used when we need social integration that lets you show you the correct title, description, and image for Facebook using the OpenGraph metadata.

Keyword analysis (21)
Backlink management (12)
SERP ranking tracking (6)
Page grader (19)
Competitive analysis (9)
Site audit / diagnostics (17)
Site recommendations (17)
Task management (11)
Local SEO (15)
Social SEO (17)
Mobile SEO (18)
Global SEO (13)
Multi-domain support (7)
Integration with web analytics tools (16)

About Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins