Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Christopher Boyd | TrustRadius Reviewer
I implement Yoast as the de facto SEO plugin on various WordPress sites that I manage. Whereas it isn't necessarily the best SEO tool in any one area, it has proven to be the simplest to set up and for my non-technical clients to make use of. Overall, it serves as the best all-around SEO WordPress plugin. In most cases, I set it and forget it and only when new features come out or when a client wants to deploy an overall change to their SEO strategy do I even need to make changes to the plugin.
  • Evaluate the SEO score of any given page's content.
  • Makes it simple to manage the title and description for a page (what shows up on Google search results).
  • Boils down complicated topics such as canonical URLs for non-technical users.
  • Easy explanations for any and all options, including why to use or not use an option.
  • Some default options are the opposite of what is considered a "best practice".
  • The differences between the free tier and the pro tier are explained, but for non-technical users, it still isn't always clear.
For quick WordPress installations and configurations, Yoast is fast to set up and helps guide you through the common configuration options. It tries to be helpful whether you are coming at things from a technical or non-technical background. The emphasis on white hat SEO topics like improved content, keywords, descriptions, and titles is really appreciated by someone like me who doesn't utilize gray and black hat SEO tactics.
If you are an SEO expert, and you want finite control of each individual aspect of your site, Yoast, like most plugins, engines, tools, etc, hides a lot from you or gives you limited options. It really is meant for someone who wants to apply a general strategy to a whole site. That being said, you can manage Yoast per page on a WordPress site, but even then, I know some SEO experts prefer other tools that are meant for very specific purposes.
Overall, Yoast is the best plugin for SEO in WordPress when applied as a whole.
Read Christopher Boyd's full review
Michelle Green Arnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress helps us make all of our web content more searchable- and findable- by making it super simple to optimize every post and page. The ability to audit new and existing content in real-time and get concrete suggestions on ways to improve our SEO makes it easy to keep up with ever-changing best practices.
  • SEO Analysis: This is the best. As you create content, you get a real-time audit of what you're doing right and, more importantly, what you need to fix in order to make that content as optimized as possible.
  • Set up wizard: Once Yoast is installed, their wizard helps ensure it can get to work immediately at making your website more Google-able. Could not be simpler.
  • Free training: Just getting started with SEO or Yoast? They have free training videos that make it so easy to get up to speed and start optimizing your content.
  • Density: Because even the free, basic Yoast SEO tool has SO MANY FEATURES, if you're brand new to SEO as a concept/practice, you might feel a little overwhelmed at first. Just go watch the training videos!
  • Bulk Title Editing: I'm sure this tool can be useful, but I've never found it to be particularly intuitive or helpful.
  • Limitations: I'm grasping at straws here, but it would be nice if some of the premium (paid) features- specifically the social media previews- were available in the free version. Like I said, grasping.
The Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin has been ideal for our small shop. In designing a new website, we got lots of expert advice on how to structure it to be SEO friendly in its launch state, but there's no way we could pay the pros to continually optimize all of our new content day after day, month after month, year after year. Fortunately, our pros included the Yoast SEO plugin with our new WordPress site and gave us a quick and dirty tutorial before handing it all over. The free plugin has allowed us to make our content super SEO-friendly without taking up a dime of our nonprofit budget.
Read Michelle Green Arnson's full review
Victoria Hoete-Dodd | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, Yoast SEO Premium is used to help make it easy to quickly make adjustments to blog articles before publishing to ensure they are as optimized as possible. The other great use is the simple redirect tool which automatically detects and creates when a URL has been changed - this is a great feature, particularly at times when you are doing multiple tasks and may forget to go back and set one up!
  • Readability - makes it easy for you to assess the reading level of your piece to ensure it is correct for your intended audience.
  • SEO tips - red/orange/green traffic light system to provide tips on what aspects need improving to be SEO-focussed.
  • Redirect tool - easy, automated detection and setup.
  • Internal link counter - tool failed with other plugin capability and the "help" desk haven't actually helped...
  • Customer service/support - only offered for those who pay for a subscription but even when you have one they aren't exactly helpful (in my experience).
  • SEO notifications - it would be great to be able to specify which pages you want these for as currently, we get hundreds for irrelevant pages.
When the Internal link counter was working it was brilliant! Perhaps one of the features I utilized the most. It was a simple way to find orphaned posts and resolve that. However, the tool subsequently failed when the plugin was updated and I was told the problem was with other plugin capability and the "help" desk hasn't actually helped solve the issue. So - useful if it works!
Read Victoria Hoete-Dodd's full review
NaveenKumar Namachivayam | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yoast fulfills the need of search engine optimization. It integrates with WordPress and quite easy to get started. It helps me to attract the organic traffic from the internet search engines like Google, Bing, etc. It also helps to keep structured and organized content throughout the blog. Search engine algorithm often changes, but with Yoast plugin, no need to worry it.
  • Keyword optimization.
  • Quick indexing.
  • Expensive.
  • Social media previews are limited.
For freelancers, bloggers, the free version of Yoast might be very useful. If you are a beginner, Yoast is a good plugin to get started with your search engine optimization. It gels with WordPress well and it comes with the wizard to set up and get started. You can also generate site map.
Read NaveenKumar Namachivayam's full review
Jeff Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
I run a small SEO agency. If a client has their site on WordPress then they have Yoast Premium, at the least, running on the site. For our clients that are geo-located, we also run Yoast Local. Yoast makes managing a site much easier. In fact, Yoast has become so robust that we almost consider it more of a platform than just a plug-in. Managing URLs, the interlinking suggestions, the ability to have some control over SERPs and now with the structured markup it is capable of it, would be hard to live without. The other really nice thing about Yoast is they have very good training when it comes to the use of the plug-in.
  • Yoast does a great job of managing many of the back-end functions in WordPress. Especially when it comes to handling things like the robots.txt and xml.sitemaps. But this is just the beginning of what Yoast can do.
  • One key feature is the ability to do 301's and 410's right in Yoast. This is really helpful when re-designing a site.
  • I have quite a few Yoast products in my account. One thing I have found with the Yoast Web Dashboard is that it can at times be a bit confusing as to which Lic is associated with which site. Not a huge deal but can be a little frustrating
  • One thing Yoast needs to do at the moment is to figure out what to do with the "Search Console" menu choice in the plugin. that area for the moment is broken due to the loss of a Google API.
As far as our company is concerned, if a site is running on WordPress then it has Yoast running. From a technical standpoint, WordPress can get a bit out of control if not managed properly. Yoast does a good job of keeping many of these areas from getting out of hand. And if you are really working on your on-site SEO, then Yoast can be a great help in making sure that your content is up to today's best practices. As Yoast has matured over the years it has become a decent writing tool, not just for the SERP elements but for the overall content as well. It is an excellent tool.

About the only situation that I can think of where Yoast is not appropriate is a site that is not on WordPress.
Read Jeff Smith's full review
David Hoffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Because of regulations within our industry, we aren't allowed to do very much in terms of outbound marketing. That being said, a good portion of our new business relies solely on prospects finding us, becoming interested, and passing our pre-qualification checks. In addition, because our company name is fairly common, with some examples even operating within our industry, having good SEO practices in place equates to survival. Yoast is integrated within our Wordpress installation (managed by myself and accessed by one other user within marketing), and its automatic checks and ratings for page/content scoring have proven invaluable as we continue to create and organize educational content within the different verticals on our website and educational portal.
  • Content assistance - Focus keyword reports, content insights, and Yoast's active content checker have been incredibly helpful as we continue to produce new content and refresh old content.
  • Redirect manager and technical configuration - An organized and regularly-updated site structure is crucial for ensuring an effective behavior flow throughout our website and educational portal. Yoast helped us avoid crawler confusion by updating our link structure and removing orphan links, deleted pages, and content pages that had been moved and/or consolidated.
  • Conflicts with other plugins - Occasionally, Yoast is the number one enemy of site optimization plugins and has caused the site to crash a small handful of times when updates are mismatched. It's also fairly resource-heavy, which can present some issues for developers/admins looking for a lean Wordpress install.
Any company that has a web presence should not only be dedicated to and focused on SEO practices, but should also have a tool like Yoast in their arsenal. It's easy to set up (a few clicks), easy to manage, and the benefit it provides is worth far more than the price. Yoast is basically like an SEO consultant that works for free, and that's great for smaller businesses that don't always have the budget for dedicated help.
Read David Hoffman's full review
Jim Nelson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We migrated all our WordPress websites to using Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins to help improve SEO for all posts and pages. I host 1500+ blogs on the Tripawds multisite network and make the plugin available to all members who wish to implement SEO on their blogs. The Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins scoring system allows us to optimize key phrases and content efficiently.
  • The Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins Score is beneficial for optimizing key phrases and content.
  • Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins Analysis and ranking provides expert direction for optimization.
  • Import of previous SEO plugin keywords did work as expected.
  • The Yoast Readability highlighting feature does not always work due to specific plugin conflicts.
I highly recommend Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins Premium for its ease of use and built-in rank scoring system for optimizing keyphrases and content. Yoast WordPress SEO Plugins is especially helpful for those with limited understanding of optimization thanks to its wizard interface and "green light" SEO score feature. I never rate any product a service as 10 out of 10 except in extreme cases of superior functionality and customer service.
Read Jim Nelson's full review
Ben Rubenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Yoast for our marketing website, with the goal of making sure all our pages our structured optimally for search engines, and to flag any potential indexing issues. In particular, we use the snippet tool on individual pages to ensure that the right title and description shows for each page; we also use it to discourage search engine indexing across landing pages, or pages that are in development or for limited audiences only.
  • Intuitive interface that makes it clear what elements of a page/site you need to address for search engine optimization.
  • Very customizable - You can choose whether you want a setting to apply to an entire category or just a single page.
  • The readability feature is nice in theory, but I feel like it should adapt to the content/ audience focus of your site (or have the ability to manually set the desired level). I work on a site that is more advanced, and the flags for readability can be distracting.
  • It seems as though more and more features are being moved to the Premium version, which is understandable but can be frustrating. For example, it'd be nice to be able to manage robots.txt files directly in Yoast.
Yoast is the best SEO tool I've used for Wordpress. It's great for everyone from SEO beginners who just want to catch the low-hanging fruit, to more advanced/technical editors who appreciate things like breadcrumb customization and canonical URLs. The free version may be sufficient for most users, especially those teams who fall into the more novice category - there's definitely enough to make a difference without the cost.
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review
Maddy Osman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Yoast on every website I build and the vast majority of the blogs I write for. Yoast makes it easy to ensure that you're doing everything in your power to optimize for a given keyword (or multiple keywords), as well as cover your bases regarding related onsite SEO best practices. If you have a WordPress blog, you need Yoast. Best of all, the basic plugin is completely free to use!
  • Useful readability checker with feedback.
  • User-friendly interface for editing meta data.
  • Readability checker could get more specific (like Grammarly).
  • It's hard to understand the difference between premium plugin offerings (like Yoast SEO Premium versus the WooCommerce SEO plugin).
If you have a WordPress website/blog, you really need some type of SEO plugin and Yoast is the best one on the market. If you're not optimizing for SEO, you're missing out on relevant organic traffic.
Read Maddy Osman's full review
Dragan Nikolic | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yoast WordPress SEO plugin is what we install on every WordPress website we maintain. It makes the websites SEO friendly and easy to configure in terms of titles, meta descriptions, visibility, Schema.org, robots.txt and sitemaps, taxonomies...which roughly translates to Onsite and Technical SEO.

It takes care of several key things that WordPress doesn't do well upon clean install.
  • Onsite SEO (titles, descriptions, content analysis...)
  • Technical SEO (breadcrumbs, robots, sitemaps, Schema.org)
  • UI (it doesn't use standard WordPress dashboard elements or design language and it should).
  • Marketing (it should slow down with ads).
Yoast WordPress SEO plugin fixes several key things when it comes to WordPress websites. It handles taxonomies and prevents duplicate content issue. It is good if you want to improve your content marketing as it analyzes the content and suggests improvements. It handles technical SEO issues in the background so your sitemaps and Schema.org markup is taken care of upon installation.

If you're looking for a solid SEO plugin, this is the one to have, but don't update it the second new releases comes out, because it can be buggy.

Read Dragan Nikolic's full review
Rene Agredano | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it for my business blogging needs at Tripawds.com. We are on a WordPress Multisite platform and we use Yoast for five featured blogs.

I also use it in my freelance blogging assignments on various websites.

In all cases, it has helped us achieve better visibility as bloggers, and refined our writing into a more concise and SEO-friendly format.
  • Improves writing skills. By helping to identify long sentences and passive tone, our writing has improved by leaps and bounds. This applies to print writing assignments as well.
  • Points out important article features we may have overlooked. By telling us when we have forgotten to apply photo credits, internal links, etc., we set our articles up for greater visibility on the web.
  • Helped us achieve better page rank with Google. When our blog rankings fell to disappointing levels, we installed Yoast and quickly saw a return to previous rankings. Although we still need to go back and refresh pre-Yoast content, we are still much better off than we were without it.
  • Yoast does not account for scholarly or technical language. I wish there was a way to identify what type of tone the article will have (such as when uploading an article to Grammarly.com).
  • I wish Yoast could also make it easier to refresh old content with SEO-friendly features, though I'm guessing this is probably impossible.
  • Yoast's "Ease of Reading" feature is helpful but sometimes I feel it's forcing me to write to a lowest common denominator, whichy my community is not.
As a blogger, Yoast WordPress SEO is fantastic for helping our posts achieve higher rankings. And as I mentioned, it's helped us become better writers for the web and print. Any blogger, on any platform, can benefit from Yoast.

Yoast is less appropriate for academic and scientific blog writing. By trying to adhere to its recommendations, I feel that it dumbs down our articles and makes us less credible. When I write these types of articles, I tend to blow off many of the Yoast recommendations.
Read Rene Agredano's full review
Dani S | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Yoast SEO on all public websites of the organizations as well as installing it on nearly all customer projects. It is a quick and easy way to get the SEO set-up right for each page, article or feature we write. Yoast SEO allows us to focus on writing the content and indicates where we need to make corrections without us having to study SEO deeply ourselves - it has all the SEO knowledge built-in.
  • Shows a beautiful snippet preview of how this page would be seen on Google search engine - You can easily edit the snippet.
  • Simple color codes for SEO analysis - Red means we need to fix it, orange is a warning, green is ok. Very easy!
  • SEO total score is displayed on the Post/Page overview screen, so you don't need to open every post to check the score
  • Keyword suggestions based on article I'm writing would be nice to have.
  • Some scores are red but it really doesn't apply to a particular post/product, etc. Eg. when you only have a video in a post there is a lot of red scores. It would be nice to be able to turn individual scores off.
Yoast WordPress is perfect for a business that wants to improve their own SEO score on their website without hiring a professional copywriter. It's well suited for users that are not necessarily tech-savvy.
Read Dani S's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress plugin that helps websites to rank higher in various search engines. I started using the plugin back in 2016, as it was a free tool recommended for beginners and said to be easy to get started with. Yoast is the only tool I currently use to help optimize blog post content, images, and for social integrations.
  • Free plan: for startups not yet ready to invest in an SEO tool, Yoast provides a free option with plenty of useful features.
  • Insights and analytics: Yoast provides a useful comprehensive analysis with the use of meta descriptions, keywords, and post length.
  • It's useful in helping to customize the text snippets when blog posts are shared from the website to Facebook and LinkedIn.
  • Lack of useful tutorials and tips on how to improve scores.
  • We've found that it frequently marks down scores due to passive voice assumptions, even though you might not have spoken with a passive voice.
  • I've found that at times it can slow down my site.
  • For it to truly help with SEO, you’ll need the advanced premium features.
The free Yoast SEO version is what I would only recommend to those interested in getting started with optimizing their website images and blog content.
For those that truly want to improve the visibility of their website in search engines, I would suggest an investment in the premium plan, as it offers plenty of integrations and features.
For those who create and embed video content on their website, the premium feature is a must, as you can SEO your videos with advanced add-ons with Yoast.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
We had used the Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins for our company’s website. Our website is not very dynamic but a decent one which gives information about what we do - our product line. Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins helped in showcasing the info in the manner we needed. It is easy to use and not very expensive
  • Reasonable price
  • Flexibility
  • More choices
In any product-oriented industry, customers or the public will search based on the keywords or products, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins helps website come in the search engine when the customer searches using those keywords. It specifically depends on the type of industry and the product line, based on my experience, one need to keep revisiting the SEO algorithms to make sure they are current.
December 13, 2019

Easy breezy page editor

SEO is a buzzword that's been around for a while. For many, it's this elusive mysterious thing, that businesses have heard of and should be doing, but many don't know how to implement. This is especially true, in my experience at small companies, that don't have a dedicated SEO specialist. Enter Yoast WordPress SEO. This plugin makes it easy to identify SEO problem spots on your website.
  • It is extremely easy to use. You don't have to be an SEO expert to make improvements to your site.
  • There are multiple price levels of service. This makes it affordable for businesses.
  • Yoast WordPress SEO plugin doesn't take formatting into consideration. The plugin often suggests that I don't have enough transition words in my text. With multiple paragraphs, text divided into columns taking that suggestion would read strangely.
If you are getting started with keyword and SEO research and writing, this is a great start. It checks every page, and leave you notice of what is good and what needs improvement. Even if you are not new to SEO this is a good program to use.
We use Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin to help streamline our SEO implementations for smaller-scale projects. The plugin makes implementing changes easy, and it's effective for small scale changes. It helps non-technical users easily make changes to their page content without inadvertently breaking anything or changing items they shouldn't be.
  • Fast changes
  • Optimization scores can be arbitrary
  • Can feel clunky at times
Well suited to sites with small total page numbers. Great for people with little to no SEO experience. Spells out exactly what needs to be implemented without complicating things. Yoast score is good directionally for new-to-SEO types as it's a good barometer for what needs to be changed.
Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins is currently being used by our Web Development and digital marketing department. We use it for our SEO efforts in optimizing our pages and utilizing focus keywords. It solves our technical SEO issues and assures we are sending strong signals to search engines for related keywords that each page is focused on.
  • Very simple to use and install.
  • Free version has plenty of features but the paid has much more.
  • Possibly to add more SEO tips to fully optimize each page.
Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins is well suited for any web developer or SEO specialist. This plugin is a must-have for all Wordpress CMS users. It helps with your technical SEO aspects assuring best practices for search engine results. Schema markup for social pages can also be done with this plugin as well on the paid platform.
Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins is easily the most popular SEO plugin for Wordpress, and it's no surprise that our marketing and creative teams rely on it to help us stay ahead of SEO and meta description and title tag best practices. It helps keep us relevant with organic traffic and ensure we are using the right keywords for our content.
  • Great for editing meta tags.
  • Helpful with content optimization.
  • Great for backend SEO.
  • Readability tab is sometimes misleading.
  • Can't always trust results from a focus keyword.
  • Requires a strong SEO mindset so that you don't just trust the algorithm.
Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins will always be a good bet for your team if Wordpress powers your website. It's best paired with a smart SEO mind on your team to ensure that its green light system isn't being blindly followed, but rather reviewed and implemented based on best practices that keep you from accidental keyword stuffing.
Yoast wordpress seo plugin is being used across the entire organization in addition to being used by my department.
  • Keywords.
  • There is one feature, snippet review, which is extremely useful.
  • Could be more user friendly.
  • Detailed video tutorials would have helped a lot to understand and use the tool in a better way.
The primary advantage or focus was about keywords. It was a very valuable tool. It gave best recommendations and was very helpful.
December 04, 2019

We're toasty with Yoast!

We use it on most of our online magazines. Even though we don't really need SEO as part of our business model, the readability score, etc. are rather important for actual users as well. We trust that the developing algorithms help us create better content and increase our revenue.
  • Color coded signals for rating content
  • Previews of the content in Google
  • We don't use it enough to have problems with it. What we use is perfect.
We are building an informational website as a side project and create content there in our free time. We can't afford to go wrong there, because time is at a premium, so we make sure that all content is on point. Seeing the green lights next to each post is what we strive for. We hope everyone will find us first with the help of Yoast.
Rachel Green | TrustRadius Reviewer
In August 2018, Dyknow launched a brand new website using Wordpress. Wordpress has a variety of plugins, and our marketing team and SEO consultant swear by Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin. Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin allows our marketing team to easily optimize our website pages and blog posts for SEO favorability with the search engines. Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin takes the complexity out of SEO optimization for our marketing team, since it is plugged into Wordpress with recommendations and tips; our team saves time and produces a greater SEO impact with every page and blog created.
  • Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin is convenient. Since it is plugged into Wordpress itself, we don't have to go to another page or platform to ensure we are optimizing our new pages and posts.
  • Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin live scans your page templates, links, and copy when you are creating pages and posts in the backend. As a result, the plugin gives you live tips on how to further optimize your page or post health that you can easily adjust and apply in real-time prior to making the creative live.
  • Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin has great training resources. The onboarding process was seamless. The company's training resources make SEO, which is constantly changing and is not an easy topic to grasp, something that is easy to understand. When you understand how it works, you are more likely to put more effort into optimizing your pages.
  • Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin is really good at copy and link scanning and optimizing, however, I have not been able to find any assistance on image optimization on our pages and posts. That would be a good update!
  • Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin is good at ranking pages and posts individually. I would like to see an overall dashboard of your entire website/blog's SEO health according to the software.
  • N/A
Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin is well suited to help you optimize your website's page and blog copy and linking in Wordpress when being created. Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin provides you with a red, orange, or green ranking with tips on how to improve each pages SEO performance. Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin is not intended to be used after your page and post is public and live on the internet.
Read Rachel Green's full review
Jillyn Dillon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Yoast SEO in one way or another on nearly every site we build. It's a great SEO tool that is very simple to use and understand. As with so many things in life, it's easier and better to do search engine optimization as you go. Yoast SEO's stop-light rating system and easy to follow improvement suggestions make it ideal for non-expert users who want to write their own blog posts.
  • Easy to install and set up.
  • Easy to optimize posts and pages.
  • Simple to understand suggestions for improvement.
  • The free version is great, and there are even more benefits from the paid versions.
  • I can't think of a thing — we love Yoast!
For beginner to intermediate users, Yoast is tough to beat. They even offer free training to help users better understand why the suggestions improve search engine visibility. The installation and setup wizards are easy to follow too.
As with any plugin, occasionally conflicts occur. That's just the nature of using plugins from different developers. However, the issues we've experienced with Yoast have been few and far between — maybe three issues in more than six years across 70+ sites.
It's stable. It's useful. Install it!
Read Jillyn Dillon's full review
The Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin is being used as a marketing tool on our website. It reviews and "grades" pages and posts based on SEO and readability. It is a quick way to address SEO on pages.
  • This plugin is extremely easy to use. The interface is clean and simple. If you are at all familiar with the concepts of SEO, you shouldn't have a problem using this program.
  • With a simple toggle, this plugin will highlight areas within your text that need improvement. For example, if you write very long sentences, with a click of a button you can see which need attention.
  • The stoplight-type color coding is quick and easy to see how a page's SEO and readability are measured to industry standards.
  • As much as I like the highlighting of errors, as I fix one area I lose the highlight and have to scroll to the bottom and ask to show the highlights again.
The Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin is a great overall tool for search engine optimization. If you are new to SEO this is a great start to search engine optimization. The program knows the standard rules and scans your pages to see if your content, images, URL, etc. reflect standard practice. Divided into what you're doing well and what needs improvement, you will start to see what the rules of SEO are. If you are familiar with SEO, this tool with the paid premium version opens a greater amount of control over the page's optimization.
I am personally using Yoast for promoting my personal website and my clients' sites. The SEO plugin (Yoast) is the tool I use to assure that Google and other search engines are detecting the keywords that I assign to a given site (either mine or a client's). I am a private web developer and offer services for SEO to clients. Yoast is the first plugin I began using many years ago for an individual client. When I saw the results that were showing in Google Analytics, I then used it for my site. As sites are developed, I have continued to provide the installation of Yoast, and I strongly encourage web clients to purchase the paid version in order to then have access to more tools within Yoast.
  • It has a user-friendly interface.
  • Directions for beginners to advanced users are provided.
  • My phrases and/or search terms are easily placed in the form during setup.
  • The installation is as simple as any other plugin, if not simpler.
  • It shows to slow down the sites I have used it on - so it is slow loading on the end-users part which could discourage them from using the site. It makes a WP site more bloated than it may already be.
  • The premium version is required for some of the simple items. I understand that the programmers have to be paid for the Premium, but more may use it if all or more of the basics were available to test it with.
  • A subscription payment is a bit much in my opinion. The option for support payments would work better, I think. I could get more clients to use the premium if that were the case.
  • Something that I have experienced is that other SEO techniques can't be used, as they often conflict with Yoast.
Yoast is one of the first of the main five plugins I advise WordPress clients to purchase. Within the recent six months of writing this review, I developed a WordPress site for an organization that is unique in its product offerings for physical health/fitness/rehabilitation, etc. The client was willing to pay extra for my SEO services, and I ultimately found this scenario to be a bit challenging because "physical fitness" and "personal trainer" are commonly used phrases that my client preferred. Yoast helped me in expediting the process of testing search terms, phrases, descriptions of the site and services, etc. I highly recommend this product to any that are trying to boost their site.
Linda Sasenick | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are an affiliate for a primarily digital product. Web presence is practically the only entry into the sales funnel, so building traffic is fundamental. We use Yoast WordPress SEO plugins for all our blogging, because it encourages "best practices" for SEO - good SEO plus thoughtful keyword selections are the keys to getting traffic to the site.
  • SEO coaching - best practices for SEO are always in flux. Yoast gives step by step guidance for APPROPRIATE use of keywords in text, headings, subheadings, titles, and images. Yoast also provides reminders for other elements - outbound and internal links, customized meta and the like.
  • Readability analysis - Whether readability is essential to SEO, I'm not sure, however, I do believe good writing will provide a better guest experience, which helps entry into the sales funnel. Yoast provides a variety of analytics on readability, such as use of subheadings, sentence length, passive voice, reading ease, etc. Great discipline in becoming a better writer, and hopefully improving SEO!
  • Integration - Yoast "plays nice" with other tools! You can integrate Yoast with Google Search Console and your social media for a better, more comprehensive view of your traffic, your site, and your audience.
  • Great for beginners and experts alike - even if you had to google "SEO," Yoast is for you! It's easy to set up and walks you through everything you can and should be doing. As you get more advanced, it's highly customizable -- well, there's settings for advanced customization, I'm not an SEO expert, so I haven't gone there yet!
  • SEO is complex, and Yoast can seem a little overwhelming just going through all the options available. It would be nice if there were some help with prioritization - "this is essential," "this will is useful, but may only marginally improve your reach," or some other priority generalization.
  • Over-reliance on Yoast can be detrimental to your traffic! It's not entirely their fault, but, it's easy to "fall asleep at the wheel," and let your Yoast dashboard become your sole SEO adviser. Well, like every product, there are sometimes bugs and issues which can affect rankings, so, you have to be aware and make sure you also independently check your results!
  • Keyword research integration would be great - I don't know if it's available in the premium package, but, I still use my google adwords to research appropriate keywords
I don't mind getting in the weeds, a bit, and, it is easy to spend a lot of time in the early part of the SEO learning curve, "in the weeds." Unless you already know what are the most essential elements for your application, it's easy to find yourself spending more time learning than doing.
Read Linda Sasenick's full review

Keyword analysis (40)
Backlink management (24)
SERP ranking tracking (13)
Page grader (42)
Competitive analysis (17)
Site audit / diagnostics (30)
Site recommendations (32)
Task management (19)
Local SEO (31)
Social SEO (32)
Mobile SEO (30)
Global SEO (26)
Multi-domain support (16)
Integration with web analytics tools (31)

About Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins are a set of tools developed by Joost de Valk and team, founder of yoast.com and Wordpress enthusiast. These tools are designed to help content rank higher and are subsumed under the Yoast Complete pack, which includes Video SEO for rank climbing with embedded videos in a Wordpress site, WooCommerce SEO for the WP ecommerce plugin, News SEO for rank climbing in Google news, Local SEO for (as the name implies) climbing in local listings with more complete information so can be located (e.g. Google Maps, a store locator, etc.), and Premium SEO redirect manager for dealing with common redirect errors and issues.

Yoast Complete for a single site license can be obtained for $279, for up to 5 sites for $479, and for up to 20 sites for $849. The plugins may also be bought individually, and yoast.com now offers a Google Analytics (GA) plugin.

Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins Technical Details