Skip to main content
Yotpo

Yotpo

What is Yotpo?

TrustRadius Insights

Yotpo is a versatile platform that has become an essential tool for various businesses and industries. With its ability to collect and …

When Will It Work?

September 21, 2021
We are using Yotpo to collect reviews from customers who purchase our products. Currently, we have it set up on one website, with the plan …

Great! Very happy.

July 22, 2020
Incentivized
Used for the E-Commerce department to collect and aggregate user reviews and photos. We then share this information across the company to …

Premium

$799

per month

Free

Free

Includes 50 Monthly Orders

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.yotpo.com/pricing

• Premium Consulting/Integration Services

What is Yotpo?

Yotpo, an eCommerce marketing platform, helps brands accelerate direct-to-consumer growth. The single-platform approach integrates data-driven solutions for reviews, loyalty, SMS marketing, and more. The vendor states that brands with Yotpo are empowered to create smarter, higher-converting experiences that spark and sustain customer relationships. Yotpo integrates with everyday tools including Google, Instagram, top eCommerce platforms, and other tools in the tech stack.

Yotpo Features

• Supported: Reviews & Ratings
  • Supported: Loyalty & Referrals
  • Supported: Visual Marketing
  • Supported: Consumer Insights

Yotpo Screenshots

Screenshot of Mail After PurchaseScreenshot of Yotpo DashboardScreenshot of Showcase your best reviews & ratings on siteScreenshot of Use analytics to measure & improve performanceScreenshot of Turn every purchase into a reviewScreenshot of Moderate & comment with easeScreenshot of Generate different types of content and showcase on siteScreenshot of Drive more shoppers to your siteScreenshot of Optimized redemption experiencesScreenshot of Comprehensive performance metricsScreenshot of Build customer loyalty and maximize LTVScreenshot of Acquire customers more efficiently

Yotpo Videos

On September 12th, Yotpo had it's first-ever conference, Destination:D2C. Here's the how we kicked off the day.
Nailing the Product-Feedback Loop with Cupshe
Scaling a Community-Driven Brand with Chubbies

Yotpo Integrations

Yotpo Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Supported CountriesAll Countries
Supported LanguagesAll Languages

PowerReviews, Trustpilot, and Bazaarvoice are common alternatives for Yotpo.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of Yotpo are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Attribute Ratings

Incentivized
Yotpo is a full-fledged review, customer engagement, and business transparency service. I think it is obvious that reviews and UGC are crucial to any business in this day in age. If you want to provide trust and transparency to your customers, then it would be a worthy investment. It is an investment though as it can be a bit pricey in my opinion. I have not used other review platforms, so that is worth noting. For any mid-large e-commerce site, Yotpo would be a great advantage. If you're a smaller company or just starting out on e-commerce there may be better-fitted options out there.
This is a great platform for any size company! We worked with the Yotpo team over the course of a few months to transfer our existing reviews to the platform and set everything up on our website. The only negative is their exportable reports are really lacking. If you like to view data in a spreadsheet, this is not the platform for you. The reports they offer have great graphs!
December 01, 2021

Founder/CEO

Vuyile Mthethwa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Scenario 1: I use Yotpo to promote my e-commerce store. Yotpo has helped me achieve great results in helping me encourage more customers to leave a positive review. Yotpo is a good tool for businesses that offer personalized customer service. Scenario 2: You do have an online store or e-commerce retail business it wouldn't be a platform that you would need.
September 21, 2021

When Will It Work?

We are three months into a year-long commitment with Yotpo. We should have automated emails going out daily to customers, with customers providing reviews. However, that's not happening. After the long process of getting everything set up, we sent out a batch of emails manually. Yotpo was supposed to take it from there. Yotpo confirmed they were receiving the necessary data to send out the automated emails, yet no emails went out. We are 3+ months into our relationship now and automated emails are still not going out. We've sought answers, worked with support, worked with tech, and made some tweaks, yet no automated emails. Upon request, a tech manually sent out another batch of emails and accidentally included some customers who should not have received review requests yet. It was an innocent mistake, but frustrating because we got negative reviews saying customers hadn't received the products or didn't have enough time to review. At three months in, we should not still be seeking answers. The VP of Customer Success at Yotpo sent a request for feedback via a survey last month. I responded but received no feedback on my low recommendation. I also copied her on one of my emails to support. No response. At this point, I'm torn. We've signed a year-long agreement, which made me nervous in the first place, and Yotpo does have some features that we think will be a benefit over some competitors. However, that all remains to be seen. I cannot recommend them at this time. I'm still hoping they will turn things around.
Incentivized
Overall Yotpo does a great job of managing and displaying my reviews. I use the program with Shopify ad there have been some instances where Yotpo does not function as intended. I've been handed off to my theme creator by Yotpo customer service and my theme creator claims Yotpo has to find where to install the proper code. In these instances, I've had to hire third-party help to get my issues resolved.

Overall the company does a good job, but I think the level of support they offer directly correlates with the paid subscription tier. The lower level tiers have less support.
Incentivized
Yotpo is a great tool for companies looking to boost sales by collecting & publishing customer reviews and visual content. The platform's interface is simple to learn and navigate. Each personal rep we've worked with so far has been helpful, constructive, and consistently quick to respond. Yotpo does a wonderful job of communicating new features being added to the software and offering opportunities for online growth. With all these benefits in mind, it's important to note that YotPo may not be a great solution for customers wanting more hands-on, in-depth software. I personally have limited experience with web development, so the limitations in coding and customization work well for our company, but may be more frustrating to others looking for a more customizable widget software. Because of the limited analytics collected, Yotpo may also not be sufficient for companies wanting more in-depth analysis of user web interaction or generated content.

June 10, 2021

Definitely Worth It

Kylee Hoynacki | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Yotpo is great if you have a core selection of products, but I feel it would not be as great for companies with a constantly changing selection of products. It would just be a lot more heavy lifting to keep up with the changing products, whereas, for us with a set selection of products, it's an ~almost~ set it and forget it type of program.
July 22, 2020

Great! Very happy.

Incentivized
Great at a one-stop-shop for reviews and UGC. The site tends to be very slow, despite their efforts to update. Great price for this tool and very helpful that it's in one place and not two separate tools to collect this information. This tool has been very helpful across the full organization, making it very easy for me to recommend to an ecommerce colleague.
Incentivized
If you need an excellent mechanism to collect and publish customer reviews, Yotpo is the best that we have found. We love the feature set that is provided, even if you are using the basic membership to get started. Where it is really good is the collection and managing of reviews. The email request setup is simple and easy to use. The publishing and commenting on reviews can be managed easily in the backend. It syncs up nicely to our website providers, and we have used it on a few different platforms without any problems. The pricing on it is also very competitive when you price it out against so of the other big-name players in the space.
Adam Dawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Yotpo is definitely well suited for e-commerce. We've been using it for a few years now and it has helped us build a review strategy. Beforehand, we didn't have anything in place for reviews. It's been a cost-effective, easy-to-use way for us to garner feedback about our e-commerce site. Also, if you feel like you don't have the time to implement a review strategy, Yotpo makes it easy with automation tools.
Colin Darcy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Anyone looking to expand their customer service in a more new school direction should consider using Yotpo. They are effective in assisting a small company like ourselves in looking like a large company. Quick responses and a proper interface help preface what needs to be done to address customer needs.
Ben Gelsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Yotpo is well suited if you want to build user trust on your site (versus off-site on existing platforms like Yelp/TrustRadius/Trustpilot/BBB, etc). Yotpo allows you to filter out bad reviews (but most users wouldn't know this), so it's guaranteed to make your site look more trustworthy.
Incentivized
Amalgamating reviews and questions from diverse sources, giving potential patients an estimate of providers availability, enabling potential customers to request specific providers, integrating with Facebook and Google effectively.
Vivian Vassar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
If you have an ecommerce website Yotpo does the job. It's dependable, easy to install, and you can set up a funnel to get the customer to review your site or product, then ask them to post a review on social media by offering an incentive. If you're a small business this can work as a set it and forget it system that just needs to be checked once in awhile if you are short on time. When you do check in you can push the reviews yourself to social sites. The free version does not do this automatically as far as I know.
Art Bukowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Yotpo brings to our business hundreds of reviews every week. It's funny how we started with almost 0 reviews, and within a few months, we have thousands. The Yotpo system re-connects buyers with the store, so we have much higher retention. And all that just works, without spending hours to prepare/automate campaign. It just works.
August 06, 2019

Reviewing the reviewer

Incentivized
I think Yotpo is a great service and platform for any business, especially a retail/ecomm business, who is looking for a way to collect, moderate and publish reviews as social proof for their brand and products. I think the features are largely there and relatively easy to use, however, my reservations around recommending them more strongly comes from the headache we experienced trying to implement and launch with them. We took it upon ourselves to do a very custom email template and to do some of the implementation work in house which caused a number of snags and delays, but you would think even going with a custom approach, things could have gone a lot more smoothly.
Zach Shelley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Yotpo is a great tool for any organization that has a dedicated full-time resource for the process and elevation of customer reviews. There is workable automation within the tool but apart from the proactive pursuit of reviews, it offers little. Responses to Q and A are 100% manual. Responses to 1 - 3-star reviews are 100% manual in their moderation. There are additional teams whose services can be purchased at an additional cost to help alleviate some of the resource bandwidth consideration, however, Yotpo really only provides depth and help when serviced by a dedicated individual.
John Wilkinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
At the right sales volume, Yotpo is a great tool for automating the review request process and adding great user generated content/reviews to your e-commerce sites. It just works and runs in the background without any additional effort. Setup is easy and customer support is fantastic. The onsite widget is easily customizable to match your site's branding and design.