Reviews (1-1 of 1)
February 05, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Yubico's security key is used to provide an additional layer of security for accessing documents, passwords, information, and resources. It is used across the organization by all departments. It adds a physical element to information security/cybersecurity. As for the business problem, it doesn't address a specific "problem" so much as it prevents major problems from arising; by stringently adhering to security processes, including the use of physical keys, information access/dissemination is kept well controlled within the organization.
- Unobtrusive use of USB-C key (semi-permanently in a laptop or computer port).
- Excellent 2-factor authentication requiring interaction/presence of the physical key.
- Integrates with platforms/password managers for personal and organizational use.
- Setup can be a little confusing for inexperienced users: documentation and step-by-step instructions will help ensure smoothe onboarding.
- Specific implementations (like for Google) can be tricky. Fortunately, Yubico provides a lot of support / documentation on impelementation.
Read Leah Jakaitis's full review
I 100% recommend Yubico for organizations that work with secure or confidential information. The use of 2-factor authentication should be a given: it protects information and assets (personal and organizational) and adds an additional layer of security. Yubico's security is demonstrably robust, and it integrates (sometimes with some finagling/legwork) with most 2FA platforms/logins. Additionally, the key itself is either a semipermanent unobtrusive attachment or a small key you can plug into the computer. I highly recommend Yubikeys for both personal and professional use.