It is …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Zabbix, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Zabbix is an open-source network performance monitoring software. The core program is free, with paid support from the vendor. It provides out-of-the-box templates from Zabbix and community developers. Zabbix includes network health measurements, including memory utilization, packet loss rate, and predictive trends in bandwidth usage and downtimes. These measurements can be adjusted using custom thresholds for network health and security issue alerts.
Zabbix also offers automation capabilities, including automatic network detection, configuration management, and report generation. It also enables remote and scripted remediation efforts when an issue is detected. The open-source format of the software is designed to support customization by users and the community.
- reduced the fault-finding time by 50% compared to manual command-based health checks.
- Reduced the identification of performance glitches by 80% compared to manual SAR analysis.
- Alarms can be easily exported to any other NMS using SNMP traps.
- Zabbix is open-source so we are happy with the ROI part.
- This tool is so well in terms of sending alerts
- We are using MS Teams and this tool provides good support with MS Teams for sending alerts.
- It allowed us to monitor specific use cases, that were important to the business and we couldn't achieve with "professional" solutions
- Zabbix has a very positive impact on how we monitor our network and customer services
- Due to the flexible out of box multi-tenancy support, our customers can be granted their bandwidth utilization graphs with easy.
- Immediate monitoring alerts have allowed us to react to system downtime immediately.
- We know our system uptime for 100%.
- Zabbix is one of the tools used to determine our SLA metrics.
- It helps to show trends and upgrade the hardware before reaching a bottleneck.
- The alerting framework allows to automatically action countermeasures in case something goes wrong.
- It improved our view of how customers' network connections worked.
- We can make proactive monitoring more efficient.
- Better customer feedback, with data collected from monitoring through Zabbix.
- The positive impact is that, In general, these kinds of platforms tend to be very expensive if you go on the market for commercial versions. Considering this is an open-source platform, you can save a lot of money on licenses and consulting and use that money to empower your own team to build your customized NOC solution.
- As a company that operates 24x6, it's very important that we keep all the systems running. Although we have several ways to improve availability with clusters, cloud,etc., monitoring and alerting is still one of the most efficient ways to keep the business running.
- Zabbix allowed us to see where issues were with a new implementation of software that was having issues at one site but not the other. With the synthetic monitoring piece in play, we were able to isolate and quantify the issue and see who and what was actually having an issue (as compared to the typical user response of "slow").
- It has taken over 9 man-months to fully implement across a 1600 server global environment. Some of that issue was due to the poor design of the environment (mostly due to M&A processes that were never fully integrated), but part of it was due to no easy way to distribute the agents. Now, with the very recent release of 4.2, there is an MSI to allow for GPO deployments to windows machines, which would help tremendously for Windows-based environments. (Linux and Mac environments will still require extensive scripting or manual installations).
- Zabbix alerting allowed us to start alerting L2 application and server teams to be aware of disk space issues and resolve them before an outage occurs.
- Zabbix has had a positive impact on uptime of our external facing website. Users don't always call up our Customer Service team to report that something is down - sometimes they just abandon the website all together. By having a monitoring solution that tells us when things are down before customers do, we are able to respond quickly and avoid losing visitors and ultimately sales.
- Zabbix has been great for us and our core operations system for a decade.
- Zabbix simply makes it easier to identify, and subsequently resolve problems quickly
- Zabbix gives one web page to look at to see a list of all on-going issue in a single place
- Zabbix can automate response to alerts. For example, Zabbix allows you the customization to take a monitored server out of production rotation if it is identified as unhealthy
- Ability to pre-empt issues and stop business-critical outages has been amazing and well needed
- Ease of reviewing trends to help budget on space and network usage
- Very helpful to identify any possible network slow-downs
- Had positive impact by triggering alerts before the customer starts noticing the issue.
- Zabbix has become my go-to solution for information gathering on our hardware. It's very easy to create reports and graphs outlining any specific metric I'm asked to provide.
- Zabbix's alerting and script firing has made monitoring utilization on our network a breeze, while their alerting system allows me to fire off a different level of alert by the specific consecutive objects in an alert status. With time, I've been able to eliminate most end device alerts while just shooting off an alert for the problem at the root of an issue.
- Zabbix is easy enough to use at the user level to be handed to non-tech savvy people with minimal training.
- By integrating Zabbix with Rundeck, we have been able to auto-resolve issues in our infrastructure which means lesser on-call alerts.
- Zabbix and PagerDuty let us response to business critical issues instantly.
- Zabbix dashboards and screens let us get an insight into the status of our infrastructure visually.
- Before, customers might have to call in if there was an issue. With Zabbix, we had the ability to act before customers noticed in most cases
- Once we had everything set up, we cut down on 40% of calls/tickets
- A 5 year "Linux team only" implementation leveraged automatic recovery scripts to eliminate a huge number of off hour wake-up tickets. Many problems were detected and automatically remediated before the old monitoring system ever detected the problem.
- The ability to monitor almost anything you can imagine and script.
- Quick one-off items and triggers can be deployed in a crisis.
- Leveraging Puppet and The Foreman for server build and Zabbix for monitoring made it possible for system administrators to go from supporting about 40 servers each to 120 or more.
- Zabbix has helped our NOC team become the center for service configuration management. The mantra has become "if it is not monitored, it does not exist."
- Zabbix has helped train our NOC team to be responsive, and understand the threat levels of varying alerts.
- Zabbix is robust. Often times you might turn on the Zabbix agent and immediately get alerted to high disk usage when certain processes are running, or a low % of disk volume is available. Having this feedback in real time is crucial for maintaining dozens of servers per sysAdmin.
- Decreased response time for incidents which in-turn increased service availability.
- Ability to create/execute scripts to allow for self healing of simple problems.
- Graphs gave us the ability to see trending to better forecast our needs for budgeting and purchasing.