Zendesk Sell (formerly Base) is a CRM systems designed for salespeople who need to access via mobile devices. Base was founded in 2009 and acquired by Zendesk in 2018.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Y7/Sn/SVZUMGWU2MT6.JPEGBase CRM Review : thumbs Up!!We use Base as our primary CRM to coordinate global sales tasks and deal and manage our overall pipeline. Weekly I meet with our CEO and COO and the heads of sales for the regions to review the pipeline directly from Base (now Zendesk Sell). The primary use is to keep track of over 100 opportunities around the world and be the source of truth for contact information and critical customer communications around these deals.,Integrates well with FullContact, Slack via Zapier, and Gmail and google calendar. Excellent mobile app for iPhone lets salespeople have data at their fingertips and enter notes at conferences, in elevators, wherever. Does all the basic things a salesperson needs to be productive, contacts capture, deal capture, documents, smart linking of contacts to deals, and nice reminder features.,Email updates are a little delayed (seems like 10 mins or so). Therefore, I still use my email client about 50% of the time instead of being 100% in Base all the time. Some of the reports that might be useful to be are not available on the professional level. If I could pay to have them just for me, I would, but me getting the Activity reports requires me upgrading all users to Enterprise which seems like exorbitant pricing for a couple of reports.,9,Using Base has allowed us to double the number of active sales and partner engagements that we can keep track of and make progress on. This has led to us being able to follow up on many smaller deals that were falling through the cracks.,Salesforce.com and SugarCRM,FullContact Enrich API, Slack, Apple iCloudGreat CRM tool for managing prospect info and leadsWe use Zendesk Sell in some areas of our organization to manage leads and prospects, especially students who may be interested in attending our university. Zendesk Sell was designed to help businesses like our university to meet the overall goals of customer relationship management. Zendesk Sell is highly scalable and customizable, allowing us to gain actionable customer insights with a back-end analytical engine, view business opportunities with predictive analytics, streamline operations and personalize customer service based on the student's known history and prior interactions with our university.,We can easily keep our sales team focused on the highest value leads and deals across automated account rules informed by full-funnel analytics. I like that platform and everything that comes with it. This CRM has most of everything we need, with the exception of a few features. Emailing within Base, tracking emails, leaving notes, setting appointments, importing and exporting are all key features that are easy to learn, use, and teach to new sales staff. I have used products in the past including pipe drive and hub spot CRM, and Base has so far been my favorite. We really like the new look and feel that they recently rolled out, and it has made sales management even easier than it was before. Very happy with most all the features. Base has made it easy for our enrollment team to streamline communication with our target audience and to effectively organize them in stages, saving us a lot of time with our students. The ease of calling, texting, emailing, and updating notes from one "contact page" has truly revolutionized our process so that if used effectively, we can map out where each client is at each step of the process. Managers now have had an easy time viewing my team's progress and tracking our deliverables. With this platform, we can use all tools which will help the university control prospects and leads. We have everything we need to succeed. I contact across smart tools for emailing, calling and much more. It is very intuitive and with little training, our new staff members can pick it up easily.,A problem with Base is that they haven't improved it much. There are little things they should be able to fix right away, like having a field for a lead's phone extension. That's right, if you have a number and an extension, there's no place to enter the extension! There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas. I wish there was the ability to tag people in deals. When working collaboratively with another member of the sales staff, it would be nice to have the ability to tag them inside the deal to draw their attention to something or remind them of a task without having to utilize our external team communication platform. I wish there was an easier way to add photos to your contacts. It can pick a photo up if you have some social media information, but I have found the process cumbersome.,6,Zendesk Sell streamlined our enrollment coordination. We like having one place for all leads, contacts, and deals and the ability to convert them when they are ready. Now we are able to very easily pull up reports and filter them according to timeline, student rep, date range, etc. and see in-depth reports. We like being able to measure our success and make changes and learn from our mistakes as well. This has definitely streamlined our process. Zendesk Sell has allowed more fluidity into our workday and it saves our team a lot of time. Enabling us to save specific templates, create call lists, and email specific groups allows us to devote more of our time to the actual conversation with the client, and creates a more authentic partnership between us and them. Having a transparent work flow, especially when it comes to sales, allows us to have productive and positive interactions with our students and to work well as a team in that people can jump into the recruitment process and see what has been done/said in the past, we can easily transition when employees join/leave, etc.,Salesforce Community Cloud,Google AnalyticsBase - the Best!This is being used for our Department, the Merchandising Division. We house all of our Contacts, Leads, and Orders through this system. It also helps keep us on task by way of having Tasks that we keep up with daily. Between our team, we are able to create Tasks for one another when we take calls for each other, and can house Notes according to future orders that will be coming. Without this, we would be lost in the weeds of our emails, endlessly searching for the right email chain, as opposed to organizing the content within the Order itself, the Client connected with the Order, and the Tasks related to it. It is great to get to go back and review previous orders so we also can create consistency for Reorders or subsequent orders for recurring clients.,My favorite piece is the Tasks connected to the Clients OR the Deals themselves that keep the process moving with the right steps, and helps our team from doubling our work, or missing a piece that is crucial for the completion of the sale. The email integration helps to keep all things housed in one place also, so that you're not bouncing back and forth in multiple platforms to stay on top of the orders. Customizations are a HUGE part of why we use Base CRM right now. We can make sure we are recording all of the right information, and not wasting time by having to fill in or skip over content that doesn't apply to our business model. I also like the ability to tied Deals to multiple people, especially as Referrals come across, so we don't forget how we got in touch with different clients.,I mentioned the email integration, but this can be 10 minutes or more behind real time, which discourages our team from actually using it all the time. If it was quicker in the download of our emails, we would not feel behind or miss any deadlines. I'd love to see other programs like FRESHBOOKS or other payment platforms able to be integrated well, so that we can truly do everything out of Base. Maybe even the ability to create invoices, and receive payments, through Base as well. That would be great! It would be great for the Mobile App to be more user-friendly. It is good, but doesn't WOW our team, so we don't use it very much, which keeps us more locked down to our laptops.,8,With the price being where it is, it felt like a worthy investment just to try it out. We did lots of research on what is possible as compared to the price, and Base won out! We've actually stuck with it for over 2 years now! I think the quality of the product could increase, with more interfaces, more user-friendly work, and better customer service. I would also love to see on-going Trainings happen with Base that would increase the ROI so that we are fully able to use what we pay for. Overall, it's been the best choice we could have made.,Goldmine CRM,FreshBooks, Google DriveExcellent CRM for All Sales TeamsBase CRM is used across all our departments for sales forecasting and pipeline management. The platform has a wonderful and simple UI/UX that allows for ease of use across all touch points for all team members and allows effective management of all opportunities across the business from both existing and new clients.,Great UX /UI Effective Contact & Pipeline Management Good for forecasting Excellent Reporting Capabilities,Tags don't always save on the opportunity/lead No way to make fields mandatory without partner support Mobile app should have default to set to calls over VoIP,9,Increased Both Topline & Bottomline Revenue Better time management on sales opportunities Saved costs compared to other more expensive CRM software,Salesforce, Nutshell CRM and SugarCRM,G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Wrike, MailChimpBest CRM for Agile Sales Teams!We use Base CRM to streamline, organize, and track our sales pipeline. It is used primarily by the sales team, with a bit of use coming from marketing as well. Tasks and reminders are used to make sure no leads slip under the radar, and email tracking helps inform more strategic follow-up.,Base CRM has a fantastic mobile app. I have yet to encounter a more feature-rich and user-friendly CRM app. You can have the app alert you to leads and customer that are nearby, and easily log sales calls right from your cell phone. Brilliant. Email tracking is great. We can see when leads open our emails, and which links they clicked. This helps our reps follow up with more strategic communication.,The Smart Lists could be improved by having the ability to share between sales reps. Right now, reps can only see Smart Lists that they have created in their own account. Having the ability to turn deals back into leads would be helpful, as reps occasionally convert leads to deals erroneously, and then can't go back.,9,Base CRM has helped us increase our monthly sales revenue by more than 400%, without adding any additional salespeople. Base is affordable, and we recouped our subscription costs (and more) within the first three months of using the software. Base has helped improve morale for our sales team by helping them track and share their progress. This is especially important for us, as our team works remotely.Base CRM is the "Base" of the businessBase CRM has been the CRM tool I have used for eGuide Tech Allies since I started by business. As a small business, I sourced a few alternative options, but Base's interface, price point, and ability to grow as my business grows is what sold me on the tool. Base is used for all pipeline and sales tracking, as well as a client data base and communications log.,Sales tracking: Setting up a new deal in base is intuitive and easy to do. With the ability to create new contacts, and business within the construction of a deal, it takes under 2 minutes to generate a new deal, assign tags, and link it to an email that may already exist in the data base. Email integration: Linking base to g-suite allows me to make sure that everyone that I am emailing is logged in my client data base. From the email interface, you can view contacts that do not exist in your customer log, and with a touch of a button create a new contact. Reporting: Reporting with Base is intuitive, visual, and easy to adjust based on what search parameters you would like to view. Using filters, tags, and dates you can manipulate data to exactly what you are looking to drill down to in a click of a button. No drawn out coding process to view data like some CRMs.,Integrations: Base currently has some integrations available, but for my business I do all of my invoicing through Quickbooks, and currently the only integration available is a paid "zap" through Zapier, which exports new invoices created in Quickbooks to Base. I'd love for there to be a seamless integration between Quickbooks and Base. Marketing tools: Contacts are easy enough to track and export via the contact viewer, smart lists, and filters, but there are no marketing tools available through base. The process of exporting and importing into another system like Mail Chimp is easy though.,10,Knowledge: having the ability to manipulate the data of previous sales, client industries, and custom tags, mean that you can literally drill down to any level of information currently assigned in the system. This is an invaluable tool. Mobility: Being able to track deals, adjust the pipeline, and add and search client information from a anywhere makes it easy to do business from a mobile device or anywhere with wifi. Growth: New features are continually being added to Base. With each new roll out, the system becomes more robust, the experience easier and more intuitive, and the ability to track and manipulate data easier.,,Google Drive, MailChimp, QuickBooks OnlineBase CRM is a great productIt's great. Lightweight, easy to use. Powerful but doesn't take itself too seriously. I recommend it because it is simple to use but simultaneously well priced and not intimidating from a UI perspective. Their recent update the product I think is a great improvement overall. Give it a shot if that is what you are looking for.,Simple UI Powerful reporting Easy user management,Reliance on smart lists as a catch all. Customer Success could be a little better. Partnership opportunities could be more developed.,10,IT helps manage process well. UX/UI is easy so well received from new members. Great when you need a more serious solution than Excel or Trello.,,SurveyMonkey, Trello, MailChimpFantastic!Base CRM is used by our sales department during our entire lead nurturing process. The problem that it currently solves for me and my team, is ensuring that no leads are dropped and that I can understand what is happening with a lead just by looking at the lead profile within Base. It keeps us organized and ensures a positive experience for our leads.,Pipeline Management Reporting Task Management Display of lead information,Ability to format text when taking notes Flexibility of adjusting stages within the pipeline,10,Keeps sales reps organized and the team can all be on the same page regarding specific deals Revenue generating activities are easily focused on Reporting allows our team to understand the nuances of our sales process by showing us the data that is important,Salesforce and SugarCRM,Outreach, Data.com, LinkedIn Sales NavigatorBudget friendly Base CRM is awesome for any small salesforce!Base CRM is not being used anymore because we decided to go with a more robust option. Base CRM is a great option to use when an inexpensive resolution is needed. When we used it, it was used across the organization as a whole. It was an entire CRM option to track customers, along with our accounting software.,Free edition is great to start. This is important for smaller businesses, and appreciated as such. Keeps customer records so everyone is always on the same page. Easy to navigate.,Robust features are needed. More options for third party apps are needed as well. A larger user-base would be nice, so the forum can flourish. Integration with all calendars is needed.,7,Base CRM had no direct impact on ROI. There are not enough metrics to rate based on ROI. Base CRM is a great tool for salespeople.,,Salesforce.com, Salesforce App Cloud, SugarCRM,1,1,CRM Customer Relations Simple contact history,There are no innovative ways to use a CRM This CRM is implemented as any other would be Used for simply history of contact,With add-ons there are no limits With API integration, and form building there would be much more use.,3,Yes,Price Product Features Third-party Reviews,Yes, we'd take a bit more time to research. Though we would probably or most likely choose Base CRM over most of the competition again because it is easy to use and familiar to the sales team as well. We do have a more robust option in place now, and for that we did extra research.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,There were not issues during implementation.,8,Online training Self-taught,7,The product was easy to learn without training, and our recommend approach to using would be to just begin putting in data, so that you can get trends, and a history of contact for records. This information is invaluable to the sales process, and is under appreciated in many CRMs, but not this one.,No,6,No,I can't describe a time specifically but all interactions were amicable.,Enter new leads Contact history Navigation,Integrations with other software General comments on account. Back end support,7,Accountedge Salesforce,We have moved options We will not implement any more
Zendesk Sell (formerly Base)
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Zendesk Sell Reviews

Zendesk Sell

Do you work for this company?

Filter 38 vetted Zendesk Sell reviews and ratings

Matt Meinel profile photo
  • Integrates well with FullContact, Slack via Zapier, and Gmail and google calendar.
  • Excellent mobile app for iPhone lets salespeople have data at their fingertips and enter notes at conferences, in elevators, wherever.
  • Does all the basic things a salesperson needs to be productive, contacts capture, deal capture, documents, smart linking of contacts to deals, and nice reminder features.
  • Email updates are a little delayed (seems like 10 mins or so). Therefore, I still use my email client about 50% of the time instead of being 100% in Base all the time.
  • Some of the reports that might be useful to be are not available on the professional level. If I could pay to have them just for me, I would, but me getting the Activity reports requires me upgrading all users to Enterprise which seems like exorbitant pricing for a couple of reports.
BASE is good for B2B enterprise sales people. We have a very small marketing department. I have not seen how well it integrates with Marketo or the like, but having used Salesforce.com at previous places, I can say I am much more productive with Base than with previous CRMs.
Read Matt Meinel's full review
  • We can easily keep our sales team focused on the highest value leads and deals across automated account rules informed by full-funnel analytics. I like that platform and everything that comes with it.
  • This CRM has most of everything we need, with the exception of a few features. Emailing within Base, tracking emails, leaving notes, setting appointments, importing and exporting are all key features that are easy to learn, use, and teach to new sales staff. I have used products in the past including pipe drive and hub spot CRM, and Base has so far been my favorite. We really like the new look and feel that they recently rolled out, and it has made sales management even easier than it was before. Very happy with most all the features.
  • Base has made it easy for our enrollment team to streamline communication with our target audience and to effectively organize them in stages, saving us a lot of time with our students. The ease of calling, texting, emailing, and updating notes from one "contact page" has truly revolutionized our process so that if used effectively, we can map out where each client is at each step of the process. Managers now have had an easy time viewing my team's progress and tracking our deliverables.
  • With this platform, we can use all tools which will help the university control prospects and leads. We have everything we need to succeed. I contact across smart tools for emailing, calling and much more. It is very intuitive and with little training, our new staff members can pick it up easily.
  • A problem with Base is that they haven't improved it much. There are little things they should be able to fix right away, like having a field for a lead's phone extension. That's right, if you have a number and an extension, there's no place to enter the extension!
  • There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.
  • I wish there was the ability to tag people in deals. When working collaboratively with another member of the sales staff, it would be nice to have the ability to tag them inside the deal to draw their attention to something or remind them of a task without having to utilize our external team communication platform.
  • I wish there was an easier way to add photos to your contacts. It can pick a photo up if you have some social media information, but I have found the process cumbersome.
Zendesk sell is best for organizations that want a clean and simple, yet powerfully effective CRM tool. It's intuitive, extremely user-friendly, supplies lots of video tutorials and access to the California team for FAQ's, and has all the features other, more complicated, expensive CRM's have. Great for institutions that have a need to tailor their database to fit your needs; and track sales, tasks, and pipeline projects in graphic form. It's affordable and has a great app for mobile phones that allows access to contacts, notes, tasks, and a workable platform while on the go in real time. It's simple to teach new users how to navigate and utilize. Adding or deleting users is simple, and access to the CRM information can be limited/private or made public for the entire team to access. Not as costly as some of the competing products, so if you are on a tight budget this may be the tool for you.
bryan robison profile photo
October 30, 2017

Base - the Best!

• My favorite piece is the Tasks connected to the Clients OR the Deals themselves that keep the process moving with the right steps, and helps our team from doubling our work, or missing a piece that is crucial for the completion of the sale.
  • The email integration helps to keep all things housed in one place also, so that you're not bouncing back and forth in multiple platforms to stay on top of the orders.
  • Customizations are a HUGE part of why we use Base CRM right now. We can make sure we are recording all of the right information, and not wasting time by having to fill in or skip over content that doesn't apply to our business model.
  • I also like the ability to tied Deals to multiple people, especially as Referrals come across, so we don't forget how we got in touch with different clients.
  • I mentioned the email integration, but this can be 10 minutes or more behind real time, which discourages our team from actually using it all the time. If it was quicker in the download of our emails, we would not feel behind or miss any deadlines.
  • I'd love to see other programs like FreshBooks or other payment platforms able to be integrated well, so that we can truly do everything out of Base. Maybe even the ability to create invoices, and receive payments, through Base as well. That would be great!
  • It would be great for the Mobile App to be more user-friendly. It is good, but doesn't WOW our team, so we don't use it very much, which keeps us more locked down to our laptops.
I think that for a company that creates any sales and needs to house their client information, the Base is perfect. The price of the program makes it completely worth the investment. And to be able to use customizations makes it possible for any business that does sales use Base for their orders.

I would say for companies that use legal contracts or binding contracts for their business, Base may be too simple for their needs. We work in tandem with a company that always has contracts going back and forth, and the build out of the customizations here weren't really going to work for them.
Read bryan robison's full review
Ali Nisar profile photo
  • Great UX /UI
  • Effective Contact & Pipeline Management
  • Good for forecasting
  • Excellent Reporting Capabilities
  • Tags don't always save on the opportunity/lead
  • No way to make fields mandatory without partner support
  • Mobile app should have default to set to calls over VoIP
Excellent product for any sales team that receive and handle a lot of leads and opportunities for existing and new clients.

Lead scoring functionality allows the teams to focus on the opportunities that drive sales and conversions and prevents wasted time on the less valuable opportunities and deals.

Pipeline management helps the sales team to achieve the revenue targets much more effectively
Read Ali Nisar's full review
Jon Butler profile photo
  • Base CRM has a fantastic mobile app. I have yet to encounter a more feature-rich and user-friendly CRM app. You can have the app alert you to leads and customer that are nearby, and easily log sales calls right from your cell phone. Brilliant.
  • Email tracking is great. We can see when leads open our emails, and which links they clicked. This helps our reps follow up with more strategic communication.
  • The Smart Lists could be improved by having the ability to share between sales reps. Right now, reps can only see Smart Lists that they have created in their own account.
  • Having the ability to turn deals back into leads would be helpful, as reps occasionally convert leads to deals erroneously, and then can't go back.
Base is a great all-around CRM for a wide range of company sizes. It is especially well suited for the modern, agile sales team due to it's powerful mobile app. Reps can stay connected wherever they are, and easily keep their customer communication up to date. If you need a CRM that integrates deeply with your digital marketing strategy, there may be better options out there.
Read Jon Butler's full review
Gregory Perrine profile photo

• Sales tracking: Setting up a new deal in base is intuitive and easy to do. With the ability to create new contacts, and business within the construction of a deal, it takes under 2 minutes to generate a new deal, assign tags, and link it to an email that may already exist in the data base.
  • Email integration: Linking base to g-suite allows me to make sure that everyone that I am emailing is logged in my client data base. From the email interface, you can view contacts that do not exist in your customer log, and with a touch of a button create a new contact.
  • Reporting: Reporting with Base is intuitive, visual, and easy to adjust based on what search parameters you would like to view. Using filters, tags, and dates you can manipulate data to exactly what you are looking to drill down to in a click of a button. No drawn out coding process to view data like some CRMs.
  • Integrations: Base currently has some integrations available, but for my business I do all of my invoicing through Quickbooks, and currently the only integration available is a paid "zap" through Zapier, which exports new invoices created in Quickbooks to Base. I'd love for there to be a seamless integration between Quickbooks and Base.
  • Marketing tools: Contacts are easy enough to track and export via the contact viewer, smart lists, and filters, but there are no marketing tools available through base. The process of exporting and importing into another system like Mail Chimp is easy though.
If you are an entrepreneur or a small business that is not currently utilizing a CRM system, Base CRM is a cost effective and robust solution available on the market that gives you an easy to understand, and developed platform to start tracking sales, clients, and pipelines. If you are a large business who is currently using a customized CRM system like Salesforce, there would be no need to consider Base as a CRM, the migration process and user interface will probably be too "basic" for the level that you are operating at.

Read Gregory Perrine's full review
Krish Jagirdar profile photo
  • Simple UI
  • Powerful reporting
  • Easy user management
  • Reliance on smart lists as a catch all.
  • Customer Success could be a little better.
  • Partnership opportunities could be more developed.
If you are a small to medium enterprise, Base is perfect. If you are a very large organization, I am not sure how effective it would be. Though Base has multiple pipelines for enterprise, I just feel that a firm with 100s of sales reps would likely benefit from a more heavy duty solution.
Read Krish Jagirdar's full review
Thomas Henderson profile photo
September 18, 2017

Fantastic!

• Pipeline Management
  • Reporting
  • Task Management
  • Display of lead information
  • Ability to format text when taking notes
  • Flexibility of adjusting stages within the pipeline
Base is an incredibly functional CRM. And best of all? It's not Salesforce (which has somehow succeeded)! The reporting within Base is robust, as well as the seemingly unimportant task management side of sales. My only real feedback is - allow users to format their notes.
Read Thomas Henderson's full review
Jeremy Doyle profile photo
  • Free edition is great to start. This is important for smaller businesses, and appreciated as such.
  • Keeps customer records so everyone is always on the same page.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Robust features are needed. More options for third party apps are needed as well.
  • A larger user-base would be nice, so the forum can flourish.
  • Integration with all calendars is needed.
The best case for Base CRM is at the free option for a small business. There are better options for companies with a larger marketing budget. Base CRM is a great add-on for a single salesperson to track their customers, but needs more improvements if it is to get to an enterprise level. Great free option!
Read Jeremy Doyle's full review

Customer data management / contact management (9)
Workflow management (9)
6.1
Territory management (6)
Opportunity management (9)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (9)
Contract management (6)
Quote & order management (5)
Interaction tracking (9)
Channel / partner relationship management (7)
Case management (5)
Call center management (5)
6.5
Help desk management (6)
6.1
Lead management (7)
Email marketing (5)
Task management (9)
Billing and invoicing management (4)
Reporting (9)
Forecasting (8)
Pipeline visualization (9)
Customizable reports (9)
Custom fields (9)
Custom objects (8)
Scripting environment (5)
API for custom integration (6)
Single sign-on capability (8)
9.6
Role-based user permissions (7)
Social data (3)