Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Workflow management (15)
Interaction tracking (15)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (15)
Custom fields (15)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Zendesk Sell, and make your voice heard!
Reach prospecting enrichment add-on (requires a Sell Subscription)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Zendesk Sell (formerly Base CRM) is a CRM that aims to give reps access to integrated tools that provide the full context of a customer account. This keeps them in the loop and allows them to capitalize on opportunities. Zendesk Sell can be extended with Reach, a lead generation and engagement tool that automates the process of finding and keeping leads interested, so reps can focus more on building relationships and crushing their quotas.
Base CRM was founded in 2009, and acquired by Zendesk in 2018.
- Splits deals by sales person.
- Total possible revenue in the pipeline.
- Store all email in one deal, regardless of source.
- Creation of a deal from outlook (add-in).
- Add tasks to outlook calendar.
- Summary display deals by stage.
We used it to manage the whole telemarketing process and move names from leads, to prospects, to demos, to contracts, and close.
- It is very inexpensive to start.
- It is relatively user friendly.
- Gives you the ability to define your own categories to move through the sales process.
- There was no ability to add prospects from a company domain or email to auto-fill any data.
- You had to type in all of the data you gathered about that prospect.
- The default only gave you two phone numbers for the company, too few.
When you are working with a prospect on several contacts, I found it to work well in keeping all of those contracts straight with their various names and job titles.
- Clean layout
- Multiple views
- Efficiently contact customers
- Systems integration
- More creative design layout (pretty basic to look at)
- Have the option to view previous conversations when chatting with client. Currently I have to search an email to see previous conversations.
- More creative text to use (e.g., emojis)
- It let us plug in our customized pipeline really easily.
- It was not too confusing to use and figure out.
- It sent out videos weekly on new things they were doing and offering.
- My manager and I both tried the trial before we purchased Zendesk Sell. We had multiple and reoccurring times of signing in problems. Zendesk support was confused a handful of times as well. This got to be very old when one just wants to sign and start working
- Customer support was very helpful at other times but when we finally needed to cancel as the login just never seemed to smooth out, and some other using options had cliches, we wouldn't just cancel over the phone OR via email. SO we had to keep and pay $59 for three more months, though never using the program.
- I do not recommend them. We had several glitches that snagged the work flow and productivity. We are in process of finding a new CRM.
- Easy to use.
- Good interface.
- Terrible support.
- Scammy renewal.
- Zendesk ruined good software.
- Management of inbound leads.
- Email automation.
- Marketing integrations.
- We can easily keep our sales team focused on the highest value leads and deals across automated account rules informed by full-funnel analytics. I like that platform and everything that comes with it.
- This CRM has most of everything we need, with the exception of a few features. Emailing within Base, tracking emails, leaving notes, setting appointments, importing and exporting are all key features that are easy to learn, use, and teach to new sales staff. I have used products in the past including pipe drive and hub spot CRM, and Base has so far been my favorite. We really like the new look and feel that they recently rolled out, and it has made sales management even easier than it was before. Very happy with most all the features.
- Base has made it easy for our enrollment team to streamline communication with our target audience and to effectively organize them in stages, saving us a lot of time with our students. The ease of calling, texting, emailing, and updating notes from one "contact page" has truly revolutionized our process so that if used effectively, we can map out where each client is at each step of the process. Managers now have had an easy time viewing my team's progress and tracking our deliverables.
- With this platform, we can use all tools which will help the university control prospects and leads. We have everything we need to succeed. I contact across smart tools for emailing, calling and much more. It is very intuitive and with little training, our new staff members can pick it up easily.
- A problem with Base is that they haven't improved it much. There are little things they should be able to fix right away, like having a field for a lead's phone extension. That's right, if you have a number and an extension, there's no place to enter the extension!
- There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.
- I wish there was the ability to tag people in deals. When working collaboratively with another member of the sales staff, it would be nice to have the ability to tag them inside the deal to draw their attention to something or remind them of a task without having to utilize our external team communication platform.
- I wish there was an easier way to add photos to your contacts. It can pick a photo up if you have some social media information, but I have found the process cumbersome.
- Excellent mobile app for iPhone lets salespeople have data at their fingertips and enter notes at conferences, in elevators, wherever.
- Does all the basic things a salesperson needs to be productive, contacts capture, deal capture, documents, smart linking of contacts to deals, and nice reminder features.
- Email updates are a little delayed (seems like 10 mins or so). Therefore, I still use my email client about 50% of the time instead of being 100% in Base all the time.
- Some of the reports that might be useful to be are not available on the professional level. If I could pay to have them just for me, I would, but me getting the Activity reports requires me upgrading all users to Enterprise which seems like exorbitant pricing for a couple of reports.
- Great UX /UI
- Effective Contact & Pipeline Management
- Good for forecasting
- Excellent Reporting Capabilities
- Tags don't always save on the opportunity/lead
- No way to make fields mandatory without partner support
- Mobile app should have default to set to calls over VoIP
Lead scoring functionality allows the teams to focus on the opportunities that drive sales and conversions and prevents wasted time on the less valuable opportunities and deals.
Pipeline management helps the sales team to achieve the revenue targets much more effectively
- Simple UI
- Powerful reporting
- Easy user management
- Reliance on smart lists as a catch all.
- Customer Success could be a little better.
- Partnership opportunities could be more developed.
- Base CRM has a fantastic mobile app. I have yet to encounter a more feature-rich and user-friendly CRM app. You can have the app alert you to leads and customer that are nearby, and easily log sales calls right from your cell phone. Brilliant.
- Email tracking is great. We can see when leads open our emails, and which links they clicked. This helps our reps follow up with more strategic communication.
- The Smart Lists could be improved by having the ability to share between sales reps. Right now, reps can only see Smart Lists that they have created in their own account.
- Having the ability to turn deals back into leads would be helpful, as reps occasionally convert leads to deals erroneously, and then can't go back.
Base is used for all pipeline and sales tracking, as well as a client data base and communications log.
- Sales tracking: Setting up a new deal in base is intuitive and easy to do. With the ability to create new contacts, and business within the construction of a deal, it takes under 2 minutes to generate a new deal, assign tags, and link it to an email that may already exist in the data base.
- Email integration: Linking base to g-suite allows me to make sure that everyone that I am emailing is logged in my client data base. From the email interface, you can view contacts that do not exist in your customer log, and with a touch of a button create a new contact.
- Reporting: Reporting with Base is intuitive, visual, and easy to adjust based on what search parameters you would like to view. Using filters, tags, and dates you can manipulate data to exactly what you are looking to drill down to in a click of a button. No drawn out coding process to view data like some CRMs.
- Integrations: Base currently has some integrations available, but for my business I do all of my invoicing through Quickbooks, and currently the only integration available is a paid "zap" through Zapier, which exports new invoices created in Quickbooks to Base. I'd love for there to be a seamless integration between Quickbooks and Base.
- Marketing tools: Contacts are easy enough to track and export via the contact viewer, smart lists, and filters, but there are no marketing tools available through base. The process of exporting and importing into another system like Mail Chimp is easy though.
Between our team, we are able to create Tasks for one another when we take calls for each other, and can house Notes according to future orders that will be coming. Without this, we would be lost in the weeds of our emails, endlessly searching for the right email chain, as opposed to organizing the content within the Order itself, the Client connected with the Order, and the Tasks related to it.
It is great to get to go back and review previous orders so we also can create consistency for Reorders or subsequent orders for recurring clients.
- My favorite piece is the Tasks connected to the Clients OR the Deals themselves that keep the process moving with the right steps, and helps our team from doubling our work, or missing a piece that is crucial for the completion of the sale.
- The email integration helps to keep all things housed in one place also, so that you're not bouncing back and forth in multiple platforms to stay on top of the orders.
- Customizations are a HUGE part of why we use Base CRM right now. We can make sure we are recording all of the right information, and not wasting time by having to fill in or skip over content that doesn't apply to our business model.
- I also like the ability to tied Deals to multiple people, especially as Referrals come across, so we don't forget how we got in touch with different clients.
- I mentioned the email integration, but this can be 10 minutes or more behind real time, which discourages our team from actually using it all the time. If it was quicker in the download of our emails, we would not feel behind or miss any deadlines.
- I'd love to see other programs like FreshBooks or other payment platforms able to be integrated well, so that we can truly do everything out of Base. Maybe even the ability to create invoices, and receive payments, through Base as well. That would be great!
- It would be great for the Mobile App to be more user-friendly. It is good, but doesn't WOW our team, so we don't use it very much, which keeps us more locked down to our laptops.
I would say for companies that use legal contracts or binding contracts for their business, Base may be too simple for their needs. We work in tandem with a company that always has contracts going back and forth, and the build out of the customizations here weren't really going to work for them.
- Pipeline Management
- Task Management
- Display of lead information
- Ability to format text when taking notes
- Flexibility of adjusting stages within the pipeline
- Free edition is great to start. This is important for smaller businesses, and appreciated as such.
- Keeps customer records so everyone is always on the same page.
- Easy to navigate.
- Robust features are needed. More options for third party apps are needed as well.
- A larger user-base would be nice, so the forum can flourish.
- Integration with all calendars is needed.
- Online training