Zendesk Sell Reviews

June 18, 2020
Faerie Grace | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zendesk Sell to email prospects and communicate with them. We follow through with them though our pipeline system. Myself and my manager. We both have access and work with it.
  • It let us plug in our customized pipeline really easily.
  • It was not too confusing to use and figure out.
  • It sent out videos weekly on new things they were doing and offering.
  • My manager and I both tried the trial before we purchased Zendesk Sell. We had multiple and reoccurring times of signing in problems. Zendesk support was confused a handful of times as well. This got to be very old when one just wants to sign and start working
  • Customer support was very helpful at other times but when we finally needed to cancel as the login just never seemed to smooth out, and some other using options had cliches, we wouldn't just cancel over the phone OR via email. SO we had to keep and pay $59 for three more months, though never using the program.
  • I do not recommend them. We had several glitches that snagged the work flow and productivity. We are in process of finding a new CRM.
If you try the free trial, do not open more than 1 free trial. We had three being used and tried, then when we finally purchased it forever had confusion as to what account. Just try one free trial per company. Otherwise login and using the system will have issues. Then canceling the system can only be done via login to the software. Not by a phone call or email. We are now looking for another CRM.
Read Faerie Grace's full review
June 12, 2020
Matt Suozzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Base was a great starter CRM, pretty easy to use, good interface and low up-front costs made it an attractive product.
  • Easy to use.
  • Inexpensive.
  • Good interface.
  • Terrible support.
  • Scammy renewal.
  • Zendesk ruined good software.
Absolutely horrendous support and scammy auto-renewal (without notification) make this a zero start product. Save yourself some hassle and look elsewhere, there are a ton of better CRMs out there (HubSpot for example, which is also free).
Read Matt Suozzo's full review
March 02, 2020
We're currently using Zendesk Sell to track inbound and outbound sales across our organization. Our business development, support, and management teams all use Sell to track and manage "deals" that are being worked as well as report on historical progress. Zendesk Sell has given us one unified place to manage multiple sales pipelines.
  • Management of inbound leads.
  • Integrations.
  • Reminders.
  • Reporting.
  • Email automation.
  • Marketing integrations.
Zendesk Sell seems like the perfect SMB CRM tool for teams wanting to track leads through a sales funnel. Zendesk Sell has rich features around creating lists of leads, deals, contacts, and companies. Zendesk Sell doesn't offer a lot in regards to email automation or automated processes. Any communication to clients is handled manually one-by-one or via an integration with another platform.
March 07, 2019
We use Zendesk Sell in some areas of our organization to manage leads and prospects, especially students who may be interested in attending our university. Zendesk Sell was designed to help businesses like our university to meet the overall goals of customer relationship management. Zendesk Sell is highly scalable and customizable, allowing us to gain actionable customer insights with a back-end analytical engine, view business opportunities with predictive analytics, streamline operations and personalize customer service based on the student's known history and prior interactions with our university.
  • We can easily keep our sales team focused on the highest value leads and deals across automated account rules informed by full-funnel analytics. I like that platform and everything that comes with it.
  • This CRM has most of everything we need, with the exception of a few features. Emailing within Base, tracking emails, leaving notes, setting appointments, importing and exporting are all key features that are easy to learn, use, and teach to new sales staff. I have used products in the past including pipe drive and hub spot CRM, and Base has so far been my favorite. We really like the new look and feel that they recently rolled out, and it has made sales management even easier than it was before. Very happy with most all the features.
  • Base has made it easy for our enrollment team to streamline communication with our target audience and to effectively organize them in stages, saving us a lot of time with our students. The ease of calling, texting, emailing, and updating notes from one "contact page" has truly revolutionized our process so that if used effectively, we can map out where each client is at each step of the process. Managers now have had an easy time viewing my team's progress and tracking our deliverables.
  • With this platform, we can use all tools which will help the university control prospects and leads. We have everything we need to succeed. I contact across smart tools for emailing, calling and much more. It is very intuitive and with little training, our new staff members can pick it up easily.
  • A problem with Base is that they haven't improved it much. There are little things they should be able to fix right away, like having a field for a lead's phone extension. That's right, if you have a number and an extension, there's no place to enter the extension!
  • There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.
  • I wish there was the ability to tag people in deals. When working collaboratively with another member of the sales staff, it would be nice to have the ability to tag them inside the deal to draw their attention to something or remind them of a task without having to utilize our external team communication platform.
  • I wish there was an easier way to add photos to your contacts. It can pick a photo up if you have some social media information, but I have found the process cumbersome.
Zendesk sell is best for organizations that want a clean and simple, yet powerfully effective CRM tool. It's intuitive, extremely user-friendly, supplies lots of video tutorials and access to the California team for FAQ's, and has all the features other, more complicated, expensive CRM's have. Great for institutions that have a need to tailor their database to fit your needs; and track sales, tasks, and pipeline projects in graphic form. It's affordable and has a great app for mobile phones that allows access to contacts, notes, tasks, and a workable platform while on the go in real time. It's simple to teach new users how to navigate and utilize. Adding or deleting users is simple, and access to the CRM information can be limited/private or made public for the entire team to access. Not as costly as some of the competing products, so if you are on a tight budget this may be the tool for you.
December 20, 2018
Matt Meinel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Base as our primary CRM to coordinate global sales tasks and deal and manage our overall pipeline. Weekly I meet with our CEO and COO and the heads of sales for the regions to review the pipeline directly from Base (now Zendesk Sell). The primary use is to keep track of over 100 opportunities around the world and be the source of truth for contact information and critical customer communications around these deals.
  • Integrates well with FullContact, Slack via Zapier, and Gmail and google calendar.
  • Excellent mobile app for iPhone lets salespeople have data at their fingertips and enter notes at conferences, in elevators, wherever.
  • Does all the basic things a salesperson needs to be productive, contacts capture, deal capture, documents, smart linking of contacts to deals, and nice reminder features.
  • Email updates are a little delayed (seems like 10 mins or so). Therefore, I still use my email client about 50% of the time instead of being 100% in Base all the time.
  • Some of the reports that might be useful to be are not available on the professional level. If I could pay to have them just for me, I would, but me getting the Activity reports requires me upgrading all users to Enterprise which seems like exorbitant pricing for a couple of reports.
BASE is good for B2B enterprise sales people. We have a very small marketing department. I have not seen how well it integrates with Marketo or the like, but having used Salesforce.com at previous places, I can say I am much more productive with Base than with previous CRMs.
Read Matt Meinel's full review
October 30, 2017
bryan robison | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is being used for our Department, the Merchandising Division. We house all of our Contacts, Leads, and Orders through this system. It also helps keep us on task by way of having Tasks that we keep up with daily.

Between our team, we are able to create Tasks for one another when we take calls for each other, and can house Notes according to future orders that will be coming. Without this, we would be lost in the weeds of our emails, endlessly searching for the right email chain, as opposed to organizing the content within the Order itself, the Client connected with the Order, and the Tasks related to it.

It is great to get to go back and review previous orders so we also can create consistency for Reorders or subsequent orders for recurring clients.
  • My favorite piece is the Tasks connected to the Clients OR the Deals themselves that keep the process moving with the right steps, and helps our team from doubling our work, or missing a piece that is crucial for the completion of the sale.
  • The email integration helps to keep all things housed in one place also, so that you're not bouncing back and forth in multiple platforms to stay on top of the orders.
  • Customizations are a HUGE part of why we use Base CRM right now. We can make sure we are recording all of the right information, and not wasting time by having to fill in or skip over content that doesn't apply to our business model.
  • I also like the ability to tied Deals to multiple people, especially as Referrals come across, so we don't forget how we got in touch with different clients.
  • I mentioned the email integration, but this can be 10 minutes or more behind real time, which discourages our team from actually using it all the time. If it was quicker in the download of our emails, we would not feel behind or miss any deadlines.
  • I'd love to see other programs like FreshBooks or other payment platforms able to be integrated well, so that we can truly do everything out of Base. Maybe even the ability to create invoices, and receive payments, through Base as well. That would be great!
  • It would be great for the Mobile App to be more user-friendly. It is good, but doesn't WOW our team, so we don't use it very much, which keeps us more locked down to our laptops.
I think that for a company that creates any sales and needs to house their client information, the Base is perfect. The price of the program makes it completely worth the investment. And to be able to use customizations makes it possible for any business that does sales use Base for their orders.

I would say for companies that use legal contracts or binding contracts for their business, Base may be too simple for their needs. We work in tandem with a company that always has contracts going back and forth, and the build out of the customizations here weren't really going to work for them.
Read bryan robison's full review
November 20, 2017
Ali Nisar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Base CRM is used across all our departments for sales forecasting and pipeline management. The platform has a wonderful and simple UI/UX that allows for ease of use across all touch points for all team members and allows effective management of all opportunities across the business from both existing and new clients.
  • Great UX /UI
  • Effective Contact & Pipeline Management
  • Good for forecasting
  • Excellent Reporting Capabilities
  • Tags don't always save on the opportunity/lead
  • No way to make fields mandatory without partner support
  • Mobile app should have default to set to calls over VoIP
Excellent product for any sales team that receive and handle a lot of leads and opportunities for existing and new clients.

Lead scoring functionality allows the teams to focus on the opportunities that drive sales and conversions and prevents wasted time on the less valuable opportunities and deals.

Pipeline management helps the sales team to achieve the revenue targets much more effectively
Read Ali Nisar's full review
Jon Butler | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Base CRM to streamline, organize, and track our sales pipeline. It is used primarily by the sales team, with a bit of use coming from marketing as well. Tasks and reminders are used to make sure no leads slip under the radar, and email tracking helps inform more strategic follow-up.
  • Base CRM has a fantastic mobile app. I have yet to encounter a more feature-rich and user-friendly CRM app. You can have the app alert you to leads and customer that are nearby, and easily log sales calls right from your cell phone. Brilliant.
  • Email tracking is great. We can see when leads open our emails, and which links they clicked. This helps our reps follow up with more strategic communication.
  • The Smart Lists could be improved by having the ability to share between sales reps. Right now, reps can only see Smart Lists that they have created in their own account.
  • Having the ability to turn deals back into leads would be helpful, as reps occasionally convert leads to deals erroneously, and then can't go back.
Base is a great all-around CRM for a wide range of company sizes. It is especially well suited for the modern, agile sales team due to it's powerful mobile app. Reps can stay connected wherever they are, and easily keep their customer communication up to date. If you need a CRM that integrates deeply with your digital marketing strategy, there may be better options out there.
Read Jon Butler's full review
Gregory Perrine | TrustRadius Reviewer
Base CRM has been the CRM tool I have used for eGuide Tech Allies since I started by business. As a small business, I sourced a few alternative options, but Base's interface, price point, and ability to grow as my business grows is what sold me on the tool.

Base is used for all pipeline and sales tracking, as well as a client data base and communications log.
  • Sales tracking: Setting up a new deal in base is intuitive and easy to do. With the ability to create new contacts, and business within the construction of a deal, it takes under 2 minutes to generate a new deal, assign tags, and link it to an email that may already exist in the data base.
  • Email integration: Linking base to g-suite allows me to make sure that everyone that I am emailing is logged in my client data base. From the email interface, you can view contacts that do not exist in your customer log, and with a touch of a button create a new contact.
  • Reporting: Reporting with Base is intuitive, visual, and easy to adjust based on what search parameters you would like to view. Using filters, tags, and dates you can manipulate data to exactly what you are looking to drill down to in a click of a button. No drawn out coding process to view data like some CRMs.
  • Integrations: Base currently has some integrations available, but for my business I do all of my invoicing through Quickbooks, and currently the only integration available is a paid "zap" through Zapier, which exports new invoices created in Quickbooks to Base. I'd love for there to be a seamless integration between Quickbooks and Base.
  • Marketing tools: Contacts are easy enough to track and export via the contact viewer, smart lists, and filters, but there are no marketing tools available through base. The process of exporting and importing into another system like Mail Chimp is easy though.
If you are an entrepreneur or a small business that is not currently utilizing a CRM system, Base CRM is a cost effective and robust solution available on the market that gives you an easy to understand, and developed platform to start tracking sales, clients, and pipelines. If you are a large business who is currently using a customized CRM system like Salesforce, there would be no need to consider Base as a CRM, the migration process and user interface will probably be too "basic" for the level that you are operating at.

Read Gregory Perrine's full review
September 18, 2017
Thomas Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Base CRM is used by our sales department during our entire lead nurturing process. The problem that it currently solves for me and my team, is ensuring that no leads are dropped and that I can understand what is happening with a lead just by looking at the lead profile within Base. It keeps us organized and ensures a positive experience for our leads.
  • Pipeline Management
  • Reporting
  • Task Management
  • Display of lead information
  • Ability to format text when taking notes
  • Flexibility of adjusting stages within the pipeline
Base is an incredibly functional CRM. And best of all? It's not Salesforce (which has somehow succeeded)! The reporting within Base is robust, as well as the seemingly unimportant task management side of sales. My only real feedback is - allow users to format their notes.
Read Thomas Henderson's full review
Krish Jagirdar | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's great. Lightweight, easy to use. Powerful but doesn't take itself too seriously. I recommend it because it is simple to use but simultaneously well priced and not intimidating from a UI perspective. Their recent update the product I think is a great improvement overall. Give it a shot if that is what you are looking for.
  • Simple UI
  • Powerful reporting
  • Easy user management
  • Reliance on smart lists as a catch all.
  • Customer Success could be a little better.
  • Partnership opportunities could be more developed.
If you are a small to medium enterprise, Base is perfect. If you are a very large organization, I am not sure how effective it would be. Though Base has multiple pipelines for enterprise, I just feel that a firm with 100s of sales reps would likely benefit from a more heavy duty solution.
Read Krish Jagirdar's full review
February 24, 2016
Jeremy Doyle | TrustRadius Reviewer
Base CRM is not being used anymore because we decided to go with a more robust option. Base CRM is a great option to use when an inexpensive resolution is needed. When we used it, it was used across the organization as a whole. It was an entire CRM option to track customers, along with our accounting software.
  • Free edition is great to start. This is important for smaller businesses, and appreciated as such.
  • Keeps customer records so everyone is always on the same page.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • Robust features are needed. More options for third party apps are needed as well.
  • A larger user-base would be nice, so the forum can flourish.
  • Integration with all calendars is needed.
The best case for Base CRM is at the free option for a small business. There are better options for companies with a larger marketing budget. Base CRM is a great add-on for a single salesperson to track their customers, but needs more improvements if it is to get to an enterprise level. Great free option!
  • Online training
  • Self-taught
The support team is good, but not great.
Read Jeremy Doyle's full review

Customer data management / contact management (12)
6.4
Workflow management (12)
3.8
Territory management (7)
Opportunity management (11)
5.0
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (12)
5.8
Contract management (8)
4.8
Quote & order management (6)
Interaction tracking (12)
5.5
Channel / partner relationship management (8)
Case management (6)
2.0
Call center management (7)
1.9
Email marketing (8)
4.1
Task management (11)
4.2
Billing and invoicing management (5)
Reporting (11)
Custom objects (9)
2.1
Scripting environment (6)
2.3
API for custom integration (8)
5.3
Single sign-on capability (10)
1.8
Role-based user permissions (9)
5.4
Compensation management (3)
Mobile access (11)
5.5

What is Zendesk Sell?

Zendesk Sell (formerly Base) is a CRM systems designed for salespeople who need to access via mobile devices. Base was founded in 2009 and acquired by Zendesk in 2018.

Zendesk Sell Competitors