Zenefits Reviews

November 30, 2020
Tim Eddington | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used by our whole organization. We used it for org charts and contact information, to view and change benefits like medical, dental, and vision, employee information and preferences, etc. Our company also uses it when forms need to be signed. They put it in the Zenefits portal and we are easily able to go in and sign.
  • Detailed org charts
  • All-in-one solution for benefit info
  • User friendly
  • I can't think of anything I don't like or that needs improvement.
Zenefits is great for growing companies that need a system to organize their benefits offerings/info into one place. Employees can easily view/change their benefits, which is very convenient. Companies can also use Zenefits to send forms out to employees for signature, such as policy changes and waivers, etc. Zenefits will create a system that will help you scale easily.
We have always been able to get any questions we have had answered in a timely manner. Honestly, Zeneifts just works well, so we haven't really needed a lot of support.
Read Tim Eddington's full review
November 27, 2020
Elizabeth Manko | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses ZENEFITS across the whole organization. The app makes it very accessible and user friendly for anyone to use their convenience. Everyone picks up the software fairly quickly, with little to no-training. Zenefits is used for all the necessary onboarding processes, payroll, calendar dates, days off requests, keeping logs, etc. It does a tremendous amount of work that is streamlined easily. Each person part of our organization appreciates the steadfast solution making it does for their position.
  • Payroll.
  • Onboarding new hires.
  • Benefits administration.
  • Day off requests.
  • Generating reports.
  • Adding features to the app.
  • Automated services.
I have had different professionals, businesses, and community groups ask me my opinion. I have recommended the software a many times, and those that took the recommendation have been very pleased with Zenefits. The platform is easy to use and makes it convenient to use via the app or by the computer.
Phone calls and chats are easily accessible. Someone is always knowledgeable to help me with any support.
Read Elizabeth Manko's full review
November 23, 2020
Chris Marini | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zenefits for payroll, time clock management, and PTO management. The website and mobile app work seamlessly for both administration and employee use. Onboarding and tracking of all employees is simple and there are multiple reports that can be accessed at any time. Keeps everyone on the same page. I like being able to pull my entire team's info from one source.
  • Payroll integration with time clock and PTO
  • Time clock management that can be accessed by PC or mobile app
  • PTO reconciliation that can be separated by category
  • Website response time is frustrating at times
  • Help center is difficult to navigate
Great for a company that does not have a dedicated human resources manager. Performing payroll, tracking benefits, and documenting clocked hours, including PTO, is every efficient. You and your employees will always know the complete status of their HR and payroll details. Each employee can use the mobile app and you have control of everything from your app.
They always answer my questions in a quick and professional manner. There is a lot I do not know about payroll and HR management, and the Zenefits team has handled all of it. The help section on the website is somewhat confusing, but once you submit your request, you get an email to acknowledge it and a Zenefits rep contacts you within 48 hours.
Read Chris Marini's full review
Joy Wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenefits streamlined and Simplified our HR! As the only HR person, Zenefits allows me to support all of our employees as if they had an entire HR department at their disposal. The online portal streamlines my HR management and provides the employees with 24 hour access to HR info.
  • Zenefits provides EVERYTHING we need in one intuitive online portal... it handles the entire employee life line - from offer letters, hiring, onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, and termination.
  • My favorite feature is the hiring process - it allows the employee to handle the data entry to start their employee folder and upload their I-9 verification docs and all I have to do is cross verify the documents on their first day. So streamlined and private - for both employee and HR.
  • Running payroll is automated and simple... allowing me to focus on specific adjustments and changes only.
  • I wish their customer service was more accessible by phone. It's mostly an online format (live chat or email) but sometimes a good ol' fashioned phone call would be more efficient than typing out issues.
When we added up the cost of our HR administration (both internal and outsourced) it was a no brainer to move to Zenefits. It streamlined all facets of our HR and saved us money. This was a win win!
This is my only low mark for Zenefits. The support and customer service is online-based - via email or live chat. However, the back and forth can be tedious and inefficient when a simple phone call could get to a solution quicker. Even so, the other benefits outweigh this annoyance and thankfully, issues aren't very frequent.
Read Joy Wilson's full review
Tim Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an organization, we’ve been using Zenefits as our HRIS for over a year. It has been very helpful in streamlining our onboarding process for new hires, headcount & org chart reporting.
  • Onboarding.
  • Org chart reporting.
  • Benefits admin.
  • Payroll.
  • Partner integrations.
Overall, we’ve been pleased with the software solution & the support we've received is hit or miss depending on the representative assigned to the issue. Recently, we started utilizing the platform’s payroll feature. Payroll is satisfactory, but missing a few features that would greatly assist in our monthly operations.
We’ve been pleased with the software solution & the support we've received is hit or miss depending on the representative assigned to the issue.
It's very dependant on who you get assigned to your ticket.
Read Tim Ryan's full review
Tracy Isacco | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zenefits for a variety of HR functions. The first time we used Zenefits it was to onboard people and keep track of their records and have an integrated Benefits experience. We continue to use Zenefits for record keeping, PTO, Benefit administration and most importantly Payroll. Our company spans several states so having an online resource like Zenefits is invaluable.
  • Intuitive reporting.
  • Ease of use for employees.
  • Listening to customers asking for enhancements.
  • PTO calendars.
  • Help desk for payroll issues (especially tax related ones) takes forever. A phone conversation would be much preferred.
  • We had a hard time splitting our labor force into different fields to easily integrate into our GL.
  • GL and QBO integration too complicated.
  • Payroll tax does not extend down to county level for the states that require this.
We have been with Zenefits for several years now and have watched them transform from a Benefits company providing HR functions to a Payroll company with Benefits and HR functions. The journey has not always been easy, but I have to say they have always innovated and tried to make things work. My biggest complaint is the help function of payroll... sometimes talking to someone can solve the problem 10 times faster than a thousand emails. That being said, Zenefits listens and adapts to their customers and is always trying to improve their product. For that I give them great kudos and is why we have continued to renew our subscription with them.
I mentioned this in a previous question, but I will reiterate. There are some serious issues in the tax department and trying to solve the issues through email is infuriating at best, ineffective at worst. A simple phone call would solve and safe a lot of time and frustration and I wish they would use it more.
Read Tracy Isacco's full review
BARBARA MCGEE | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love to give credit where credit is due. I have suggested to my HR peers the ease of using Zenefits several times. Our company chose Zenefits to be the HR/Payroll/Benefits management system for our fast growing company because we needed to automate and help employees self administer routine HR related tasks and help us manage this without having to add new FTEs to our HR dept functions. Our CEO did an analytical review of several vendors and Zenefits was by far the most comprehensive at the right price point that met all of our criteria. Going with Zenefits met our objectives and has allowed us to grow rapidly without consuming the company with manual HR/Payroll/Benefits administration. As with ANY HR platform, there are always items you would like to improve or change and Zenefits is always doing that and looking for feedback.
  • Onboarding new hires/terminations is simplistic and fast.
  • Documents are easy to find.
  • Time entry/time card approvals is a breeze.
  • Payroll is made easy.
  • I would like for you to be able to add more than one manager.
  • I would like to see a disciplinary app added instead of having to "manipulate" the performance mgmt app to our needs.
  • Faster response time on issues submitted to the help desk.
If you are looking for an easy, all encompassing HR system to handle your payroll, time entry, benefits and onboarding needs, this is the program for you.
I love the customer service at Zenefits. My only complaint is that sometimes I submit emails asking why this or that happened and they can't give me a direct answer other than their engineers are looking into it and that will be the last I hear of it. Sometimes, I don't get answers back for several weeks.
Read BARBARA MCGEE's full review
Mark Brandstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used across our company for Payroll, Benefits Administration and HR Admininstration (hiring, compliances, onboarding, etc.). It solves the business problem or need to automate the administration of the above tasks as well as allowing employees to self administer their HR/payroll/benefits needs. This allowed us to manage HR consistently across the company, avoid hiring new FTEs to do this administration, and provide ease of access to information for our employees.
  • Automated the onboarding process of new employees.
  • Ensured that all employees read and sign key legal documents and update on company policies.
  • Seamlessly fit benefits administration into the payroll process.
  • Can support employees from different countries.
  • Can make it easier to administer employee warnings and have employees acknowledge receipt of them.
  • Can perhaps offer more choices for benefits providers.
It is well suited for small or larger companies that don't want to spend the money and time on manually administering benefits and payroll. It may be less appropriate for companies that are very small and may not be adding staff that often or prefer to do payroll processing with another company.
Because whenever I needed support through any of their support vehicles, they responded quickly and accurately and didn't slow me down. Very responsive.
Read Mark Brandstein's full review
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across our organization for HR and employee management. We are able to onboard employees and track their time worked, time off and performance reviews in some cases. The Time & Attendance and Time Off features are particularly helpful to us and our employees.
  • Tracks time worked
  • Tracks time off
  • Manages performance reviews
  • Tracks employee demographics and data
  • I'd like to see notifications when employees make changes to their information
  • Some of the app integrations could improve; but overall are pretty good
I think Zenefits is well suited for companies of all sizes. The platform is able to track data well and provides an easy platform for onboarding employees and for managing employee data, as well as tracking time and time off. The performance review module is particularly good, with templates and step by step instructions for both the employer and employee.
I've always had great experience with the client support, whether by chat, email or phone. The response time is pretty quick and the support is always professional and non confrontational. High marks to the support staff.
Read Jeanette Carroll's full review
Silver Rosales | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenefits is used to manage all aspects of our HR. From payroll, to benefits, to 401k management, Zenefits takes care of it all for us. Before, we used to have to go to different vendors for each of these, so it's great to be able to have a one stop shop in Zenefits. Our entire team uses Zenefits and we have only heard great things about everyone's experience with the platform.
  • Customer service
  • Resource Center
  • All inclusive
  • User Friendly
  • We have yet to come across any feature that has room for improvement on Zenefits
My favorite aspect is that all features of HR are included in Zenefits. There is literally no where else we have to go for our HR needs, which is great. As someone who relatively abruptly took over HR for our company, Zenefits has been a great resource and made my transition into HR seamless
I have reached out to Zenefits support team multiple times and have always had very pleasant help and surprise to have my questions responded to within the day! Amazing
Read Silver Rosales's full review
Jennifer Nault | TrustRadius Reviewer
The entire organization uses Zenefits. I was a team of 1 when I onboarded with Zenefits and it saved me TONS of time! Having all docs in one place, onboarding new hires, benefits administration, payroll, etc. It cut down the amount of time I used to spend on these tasks by at least half.
  • Implementation was a breeze
  • Benefits administration
  • New Hire Onboarding
  • Payment receipts or confirmation for tax payments made
  • Improved time on response to support requests
I think Zenefits would be well suited to anyone! A smaller company might not need all the modules but the basics really make life easier!
Basic support is fine - chat is great but you can't always chat in anymore. The tax team is always very busy so I've had to wait weeks a few times for a response. This should definitely be improved.
Read Jennifer Nault's full review
November 02, 2020
Chris D. Landry | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenefits is used throughout the whole organization since we're a small company. It allows employees to communicate their time ins and outs, request PTOs, and keeps track of their timesheets, and any office updates like employee handbooks.
  • Process our Quarterly Taxes.
  • Process our unemployment rates.
  • Sends reminders and inform employees of any time changes in payroll.
  • Limit one office device solely used for clocking in and out.
  • Or for employees' personal device to be tracked upon Wi-Fi connection as a clock in/out.
  • For the system to automatically let the team know someone's PTO has been approved, so that our Part-Time employee can take their spot.
Zenefits is definitely well-suited for small companies, probably because smaller companies are easier to manage. I've read that there are some complications if doing multiple locations under one company but I'm not there yet. We plan to set up another location, hopefully in the year 2021, and we'll continue with Zenefits anyway due to its ease of use.
I've sent several questions to the Zenefits support team and they were responsive. [They were] fast, but if not, I usually got a reply within 24 hours. It would've been nice if they had the chat feature available 24/7 for any quick questions.
Read Chris D. Landry's full review
November 24, 2020
Larissa Paredes | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love this app because it keeps track of all my employees' information, benefits, employees time entry's and it makes new hire onboarding so fast and easy.
It has really made payroll extremely easy and timeless. Keeping track of all employees' hours is a plus!
  • New Hires
  • Clocking in and out
  • Benefits
  • Employee information
  • They should have a chat room where you could message an employee to enter their time!
Zenefits is definitely a game changer and I recommend this app to all companies big or small! It saves time and money!
This is the best benefit app I have ever used!
Read Larissa Paredes's full review
October 30, 2020
Brian Roizen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use zenefits holistically across our company to manage HR, onboarding, performance reviews, timesheets, and benefits. Zenefits is a great HR, benefits, and payroll software!
  • We saw a massive improvement in onboarding efficiency that used to be completely manual. Since we now have over 200 people, this was a really great efficiency improvement.
  • Also love the UI and performance insight features that allow you schedule one on ones with all employees to get timely feedback.
  • Sometimes the actual app in your browser can be slow to load
We really enjoy using Zenefits.
Very quick and detailed support.
Read Brian Roizen's full review
December 04, 2020
We've used Zenefits as our onboarding and personnel management system for the last year. I would say it's extremely user friendly and they provide a ton of training and templates as resources for the end-user. For a start-up, it's extremely valuable to have a starting point for HR things like offer letters and reviews that we can build off of. We haven't always had a robust HR staff, let alone any HR staff, so having a resource like this has been invaluable.
  • Templated Letters
  • Easy PTO Request System
  • Company Calendar
  • Mobile App UX
For companies with a robust HR department, they may not need the full suite offered, but I could still see use being of benefit. For organizations without that, it is an amazing resource that can help augment a small department. On a simple level, being able to onboard someone and have the system manage that process is the biggest time saver.
I've only had to contact support once, but when I did, I received communication back the same day and my issue was resolved. I have not needed to contact their support team any more than the one time which I would credit the product for since it's been entirely usable for my needs.
November 24, 2020

We are using Zenefits as our all-in-one HR and payroll software across our entire company. It greatly simplifies HR for us by having multiple tools, integrations, and is easy to use. As a smaller company without a separate HR dept, this has been a lifesaver for us.

• Combining multiple tools/uses into one software
  • Easy to set up and use
  • Lots of integrations
  • Support is a little bit tricky - they always get back, but isn't the most intuitive support as you have to go through a list of preset options for what you are wanting to contact them about
  • No support for 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off)
Well suited for just about any SMB needing a software that can do timeclock, payroll, manage hiring and documents, etc all in one place. It is cloud-based, which is also very convenient.
Usually get helpful answers, just not an easy way sometimes to get chat help and the email system is clunky and they make you select from preset issues that sometimes don't apply to your direct situation.
November 19, 2020
Zenefits is being used by us for payroll, benefits administration, time off, and a whole host of other areas. It is being used across the whole organization to manage things like PTO submissions, paystub viewing, corporate policies, etc. It's heavily used by HR in particular for customizing the onboarding process, hiring/firing, tracking performance improvement plans, and managing recruiting. It also addresses the issue of having to switch benefits providers when one becomes a problem from a cost or benefits perspective, though you do have to work with an outside broker in this process, too.
  • Customer service
  • Breadth of offerings
  • Cost
  • Good user experience
  • Strong business intelligence reporting
  • Great mobile app for employees to use on smart phones
  • Very thorough employee records in a highly organized fashion
  • Just takes some time to get used to knowing where everything is in the software
  • Breadth of offerings could be overwhelming for smaller businesses which might prefer a PEO
  • The app doesn't all you to work on admin tasks; only personal tasks
It's particularly great for benefits admin and managing time off, hiring/onboarding, PTO tracking, provision of an employee directory & org chart, mobile app usability, all benefits admin (401(k), FSA, Life insurance, Health insurance, dental, vision), ACA compliance, COBRA, etc.
They always get back to you quickly, so I have no complaints. You will have to interface with an outsourced (3rd party) benefits company for most of your needs, and Zenefits provides little support around that except insofar as helping you identify a low cost vendor for whatever benefits you're attempting to purchase.
November 27, 2020
Awesome system, love the app feature. Employees can easily request time off and get approval through the app.
  • Easy to use.
  • App feature.
  • Simple and beautiful design.
  • Surveys can be glitchy.
For larger companies it’s great to keep track of everyone, especially when utilizing the app on your phone. Employees and request time off and managers can approve even when they are on the go. A very small company may not find the need for this feature since keeping track of employees is easier.
Zenefits support staff and employees are great at what they do. They are friendly and extremely helpful. Questions and concerns submitted are always responded to in a timely manner. The explanations are thoughtful and quickly resolve the issues. If a solution can not be ready fixed they will work diligently until it’s resolved in full.
November 19, 2020
I found Zenefits particularly useful for its ability to integrate with our mobile platform enabling us to onboard employees quickly and efficiently in the field. We were able to provide access to benefits, onboarding documents, and more. This made our HR team's job much simpler and for that lone Zenefits delivered.
  • End to end solution.
  • Integration.
  • Simple to use.
  • Different pricing for smaller teams.
Zenefits is well suited for companies of basically all sizes. Better for companies past the 20 employee mark, but overall great one size fits all solution. Companies that onboard employees nationally and want the ability to do so digitally, through mobile solutions, Zenefits has great integration capabilities to simplify that process.
Every time there was an issue as it relates to technical integration into our platform we were able to receive quick response. Everyone was super helpful and the level of service we received was excellent.I wasn't as hands-on with the support side but I always heard very positive things about it.
November 19, 2020
We're using Zenefits all across my organization. We used it for PTO tracking, HRIS (tracking address, emergency contacts, manager, salary history), Benefits, Time and Attendance.

Zenefits has saved our HR team, managers and employees hours of their time. We used to use Excel to track PTO, submit hours, etc. We used to use paper forms for open enrollment. Zenefits helps take us to the next level and it's allowed us to really show our professional side during new hire onboarding.
  • PTO Tracking - allows for multiple policy types.
  • Reporting - Easily export reports and multiple formats with up to date information.
  • Benefits - booklets, pricing, enrollment all in ONE place.
  • Not having a dedicated account rep is the only con I have.
I think Zenefits is perfect for a small to mid-size business. Our company grew rapidly and Zenefits was right there with us. Their pricing model allowed us to only pay for what we used, and then add on features as we grew. The pricing cannot be beaten!
Excellent support, again, my ONLY con is that you don't have a dedicated account rep, but you still get great support!
November 19, 2020
We use Zenefits across the whole organization for employee on-boarding, record management, benefits management, payroll and recently added talent management and compensation analytics. It serves as a one stop shop for all our HR related issues and is one source of truth across the company
  • Super easy to navigate.
  • Great resources and support - education embedded in the system.
  • Great to have so many HR tools in one place - rather than having different systems for payroll, L&D, records management etc., we integrated all our systems into Zenefits and we love it.
  • Would like to have cascading /assigned tasks or checklists tracked in the system for onboarding.
  • Integrated employee recognition through Zenefits to Slack.
Can't think of a place it isn't well suited.
Friendly, responsive customer service team.
November 19, 2020
We have been using this software for about a year, and it has changed the way we have been hiring and on-boarding our team, whether they are temps, full time and even our virtual team. This has been a game changer for our company and expanding our team has never been easier.
  • We can on-board a person in less than 5 minutes.
  • Changes are documented and that makes transparency with our employees great.
  • Having the option to add a time-off police for our contingent workers with in the onboarding process would be amazing.
We went from hundreds of pages and trying to file, and finding info and now we have a virtual portal with all the info we need and we are saving trees, time and making sure all of our employees data is up to date, providing reminders and easy to follow steps for all of our staff has definitely made a 180 degree turn on our HR department.
They answer quickly and always letting us know the why, what and how to solve an issue, they have been for us as partners in the entire process of building this platform.
November 19, 2020
My company uses Zenefits for benefits and payroll management. All departments use it for full-time and contracting employees.
  • Easy-to-use, attractive user interface.
  • Simple to set and use benefits management.
  • Simple payroll management and history.
  • IT support sometimes slow.
  • Can be difficult for middle managers to properly assign direct reports.
Zenefits is a great product for early start-ups looking for turnkey solutions for benefits and payroll management.
While the platform is easy to use, no platform is without it's quarks. When reaching out for IT support in the past, their team has been helpful, but a little slower than desired.
November 19, 2020
Zenefits is a turn-key solution for HR, Benefits, and our Payroll. We've used Zenefits for over 3 years now and I highly recommend it as a solution for companies looking to have a simple HR solution with an easy to use interface for their business. The support team is also very helpful.
  • Simple to use Payroll management.
  • Benefits management.
  • Compliance management.
  • Healthcare provider integrations could be more seamless.
  • Contractor vs Full-time employee management interface could improve.
  • More granular employee benefits would be nice.
Zenefits is a great turn-key solution for startups. They have a simple and easy to use interface which makes managing HR, benefits, and payroll very intuitive. The ramp up time is very fast and their support team has been very helpful when needed. We've used them for over 3 years without any problems.
The Zenefits team has been very responsive and helpful with any questions that arise. We have had very few support tickets, but when we have requested help we received very personable and useful assistance. We've interacted with the team over both email and phone and I would give them strong customer service marks.
November 18, 2020
We use Zenifits for payroll for our school. Our employees enjoy seeing easy to read pay stubs and the time-off section is intuitive and user friendly.
  • User friendly
  • keeps track of vacation / sick hours
  • Easy user end features
  • Would like to be able to save edits for time off requests so users can start a request and finish at a later date with out submitting.
Works great for our community. Our employees love being able to clock in and out using their phones. Easy to look up and print previous pay stubs and W-2. Made for the modern world.
Support has always been prompt and friendly.

Employee demographic data (66)
Employment history (62)
Job profiles and administration (62)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (65)
Organizational charting (69)
Organization and location management (72)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (63)
Pay calculation (49)
Support for external payroll vendors (31)
6.7
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (18)
Benefit plan administration (60)
Direct deposit files (54)
9.5
Salary revision and increment management (56)
Reimbursement management (35)
Approval workflow (65)
Balance details (64)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (52)
View and generate pay and benefit information (74)
9.4
Update personal information (80)
View company policy documentation (73)
Employee recognition (34)
View job history (60)
Tracking of all physical assets (11)
Report builder (64)
Pre-built reports (64)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (42)
New hire portal (66)
Manager tracking tools (55)
Corporate goal setting (19)
Individual goal setting (22)
Line-of sight-visibility (18)
Performance tracking (21)
Performance plans (31)
Performance improvement plans (29)
Review status tracking (28)
9.4
Review reminders (28)
Multiple review frequency (27)
Create succession plans/pools (9)
Candidate ranking (11)
Candidate search (12)
Candidate development (12)
Job Requisition Management (11)
Company Website Posting (7)
Publish to Social Media (6)
Job Search Site Posting (7)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (9)
Applicant Tracking (8)
Notifications and Alerts (11)

What is Zenefits?

Zenefits is a SaaS cloud-based human resources platform that, according to the vendor, helps more than 11,000 small and mid-sized companies empower their workforce, manage change, and stay compliant. Zenefits' People Platform aims to deliver a comprehensive, intuitive HR experience in the market. The vendor's HR, Benefits, Payroll and Performance apps combine with advisory services and tightly integrated partner apps to help companies simplify HR administration – reducing paperwork and complexity so companies can focus on starting, running and growing their businesses.

Zenefits Screenshots