Zenefits Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018

Dustin McBride | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2020

Zenefits from the perspective of a user

Our organization uses Zenefits for HR, including onboarding, benefits, and scheduling. We are not using it for payroll, as we have been thrilled with Gusto. Zenefits is being used across the entire organization by all of our 100 or so employees. We are a SaaS company that is very familiar with creating intuitive consumer experience like user interfaces and have very little patience for old clunky software.
  • Simple onboarding experience from the point of view of an employee
  • Easy to access and make changes to benefits
  • Straightforward PTO request process and tracking
  • We opted not to use Zenefits for our payroll but instead continued using Gusto. I was not the decision-maker here. It may have been because we were entrenched with our current payroll administrator or because we deemed it to be superior
Zenefits had an intuitive UI where it was easy to check in on current benefits, make changes to benefits, request and track PTO, and for general HR stuff like emergency contacts. I've always found the PTO request process to be incredibly easy to use. I put in a request, my manager gets a notification and is quick to respond. I can also track how much I have taken. Although we had unlimited PTO, it was still useful to track it.
Read Dustin McBride's full review
Samantha Pacheco | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Zenefits is a great tool for small to mid-size companies!

We use Zenefits as our main HRIS and payroll system. It houses all personnel data including employment changes, benefits administration, performance management, etc. Our entire organization uses it.
  • The user interface is excellent. Our team members have no issues finding what they need to when logged in.
  • It is easy to complete payroll within the system.
  • Access to benefits information is easy for our team members and HR.
  • It would be beneficial to be able to print paystubs administratively once payroll is submitted instead of waiting until pay day.
  • The performance management module could use some improvements. There should be a filter of team members on goals so each manager can view only one team member's goals at a time instead of scrolling through all of them.
  • Administrative (Super Admin) access to all company goals would be beneficial. Right now as the Super Admin, I am not able to see any individual goals so it is difficult for me to help support the team through them.
For our company size (less than 50), I think Zenefits is the best solution out there. We are able to easily pull the data we need, although we have no mandatory reporting at our size so I am not sure about the reporting at that level.
Read Samantha Pacheco's full review
Rachel Blankenship | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2020

Growing Start Up Company Using Zenefits

Zenefits is used throughout the entire organization and is used for our timekeeping, benefits, insurance, payroll, and paystubs, personal information, etc. The business problem that it addresses is that the customer service for Zenefits is pretty reluctant to help when using the chat or email services. Luckily, our people operations department is well versed in the tool and is able to assist any of the employees when they have any questions about Zenefits.
  • The outline of Zenefits is easy to use and appealing. It's easy to navigate where you are wanting to go to find specific information such as requesting time off, pay stubs, insurance, etc.
  • Easy to update paycheck information such as sending a certain $ or % amount to a different account.
  • The customer service team for Zenefits seems like they are only able to help with the function of Zenefits. They tend to not help if you have questions or even how to locate your insurance policies or specific details that are needed.
  • From a manager standpoint, the payroll approval process isn't super user-friendly.
Zenefits is a great basic tool that can house your companies insurance policies, pay stub and payroll information, time off requests, and time and attendance. There is still room for improvement to make this tool even more user-friendly and easy to navigate. The sections that are broken up on the main screen of Zenefits are helpful and useful. The correlation with the tool Bonusly could also use some improvement as many of the new team members that we have experienced a difficult time being able to access this tool as it is synchronized with Zenefits.
Read Rachel Blankenship's full review
Erin Leonard | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Overall, Zenefits has everything we need - except a responsive customer service team

We use Zenefits to run payroll, manage payroll taxes, hire and onboard employees, manage employee benefits (health, retirement, etc), and keep track of & pay contractors. All of our employees use Zenefits. Because we are a small company, using Zenefits has helped us outsource our HR & payroll department. It would be a big pain for small organizations like us to handle these things in-house.
  • Simple platform for running payroll. It is easy to adjust pay, see deductions, reimburse employees, manage bonuses, etc. It takes literally 5 minutes or less to run payroll - which is huge.
  • Zenefits has a great system for getting new employees on boarded with the employee handbook, financial stuff, legal employment verification, and more. Makes it so that I can be a little more hand-off during that process.
  • Zenefits does a great job of reminding me if there are things coming up like benefits renewal, or legally mandated updates to renewing our employee handbook, new tax laws, etc. - so that I don't feel like there are important things slipping through the cracks.
  • Zenefits has pretty bad customer service. Sometimes there are pretty serious issues that inevitably come up (like mis-calculations for payroll taxes), and in these cases Zenefits won't get back to you in less then about 15 business days. Which is sometimes long enough for important payments to go past their due date. This is extremely frustrating.
  • When you contact zenefits, you will never get the email or phone number of an actual customer support person. They communicate with you through one generic email, and you will never have a single point person who you can follow up with on ongoing issues. Right now I have anywhere from 5-7 different open cases open with customer service agents from Zenefits, and the process is not streamlined at all. A single point person would be helpful. You have to pay extra to get a dedicated "payroll adviser" which is something I think should just come with the service inherently.
  • They are quick to get back to you if you want to upgrade your plan, but take forever if you need actual help.
  • The user interface can be extremely confusing from the administration side. Not everything is housed in the "settings" section, sometimes you really have to hunt around to adjust the setting for a particular app that you are working with. For the users (employees) the UI is easy to navigate but for an admin it can be very confusing.
Because we are small, Zenefits is priced correctly and has all the features we need. Additionally, now that all of our employees are set up in there, and we have now built our systems around the platform it would be too hard to switch. If they had better customer service - I would easily recommend them to a colleague. However, because it is so hard to get issues solved it can be very frustrating so I would know that going in, and maybe go with a different platform if you're a larger or more complicated business. Our payroll needs are simple so relatively few issues come up. It is impossible to get a quick response from them.
Read Erin Leonard's full review
March 10, 2020

Sold HRIS that has worked well for this small, yet growing, company

We use Zenefits as our HRIS to manage employee and company information primarily. We also use it to track PTO, track employee changes (e.g., a promotion), and onboard new team members. The HR department mainly uses it. Put, Zenefits provides organization and record of our HR-related documents.
  • PTO tracking - shows time taken, time schedule and time remaining.
  • Onboarding - automates offer letters and their general onboarding items.
  • Customer Service - not always able to speak with someone within the same day.
  • PTO - It can be challenging to create a new policy on your own, seems to require customer service assistance.
I think organizations (even small ones like ours) should have an HRIS, and Zenefits provides an easy-to-use solution. It's pretty simple to add new team members, complete terminations, etc. It also helps automate things like offer letters (and their signature/agreement) and promotions. We recently started to use is for our employee handbook, which has been helpful too. I think it is an excellent product for small companies like ours; I cannot speak well to how it would work for larger companies.
February 27, 2020

Zenefits review

We currently use Zenefits across the whole organization for onboarding, and for our benefits administration. It helps us keep track of employees and hold their information and provide benefits to our employees easily. As the owner of it, I think it's pretty easy to navigate and use and as an employee, I find it pretty simple to use.
  • Hiring.
  • Keeping track of compensation.
  • Support - email support usually takes longer than 24 hours.
  • Navigation - sometimes it's difficult to find things.
Zenefits is great for when I am onboarding someone and getting them added into our system. The ease of going through the hiring process steps is great and the notifications when things need to be completed is very helpful. I don't see many instances (for me) where it's less appropriate but I am sure there are some functions that I'm not fully utilizing.
February 12, 2020

One-stop shop for all your HR needs!

Zenefits is being used across our entire organization. In terms of business problems it addresses, there's really nothing Zenefits doesn't solve for us. It's our one-stop shop for all information related to employees--benefits, pay, org charts, departments, etc. We use it as our source of truth when it comes to HR questions and concerns.
  • Clean and organized sections
  • Easy to navigate
  • More alerts for items an individual needs to complete
  • Documents more easily accessible and obvious to find
Zenefits is well suited for our organization of just over 200 employees, but I envision it as a tool that could be used for companies with thousands of employees. I'm not sure it would ever be "less appropriate" to use it in one situation or another. I'm really impressed that Zenefits can scale to any size organization.
Elisha Ritchey | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 13, 2019

Easy and Efficient

We are currently using Zenefits for our employees across 5 states. It has made my job easier because every employee now has a portal to make changes to their information that I can then push over to our payroll provider. It is also helping us support a more robust Performance Managment program and makes us look amazing during the on-boarding process.

We've not done open enrollment yet in through Zenefits, but so far the employees have loved having access to their enrollment info without having to send an email to anyone.
  • The Time and Attendance has been a great support in reminding our employees about meal breaks. It is also one of the few HRIS programs we've found that talks to QuickBooks.
  • Performance Management has been great at sharing company-wide goals. We've had a good response to the reviews we've sent out as well.
  • The Org Chart has been great for our new hires as well as those who've been here because it allows for people to share their personal cell phone if they'd like. No more texting/emailing someone else to get a cell number for a new person.
  • It would be great if Zenefits talked to our 401k provider. The one we use isn't currently supported.
  • Implementation at times felt repetitive, but we were integrating a lot of moving parts.
Zenefits has really allowed us to set up our game as a small company. We have a centralized place for HR information that is both secure and easy to use. It has made my life easier because I no longer have to dig through paper files to find information on employees. The education and support for the product is also amazing.
Read Elisha Ritchey's full review
Erika Louie | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 02, 2019

Great technology platform for growing businesses!

We are currently using Zenefits for our employees across 5 locations for both payroll and benefits integration with Sequoia. It's definitely a great technology platform for employees to make changes to their personal information and easy for me to access their information. I have enjoyed using their payroll platform, including reporting!
  • Payroll reports - Comprehensive reporting and easy to download formats.
  • Benefits administration - Clear for all employees (and prospective employees) to view and manage their benefits.
  • Simple to use for all users.
  • Full integration with 401k.
  • More accounting features.
  • More customized access levels.
Easy for small businesses to get up and running, easy to train people on, nice look a feel and allows us to automate time off, payroll, and benefit capabilities.

I wish their customer service was a bit more speedy (I've waited on the phone upwards of 30+ minutes without a callback feature). It'd also be nice if their reports were more customizable.
Read Erika Louie's full review
aaron j vernon | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2019

Zenefits

Zenefits is our HRIS system we use to store, manage, track, and facilitate processes such as: employee data, performance management, time off, payroll, benefits admin, and employee onboarding.
  • The Benefits Administration portal is smooth, making renewals very simple for employees.
  • Zenefits Payroll has enough checks and balances, as well as the proper features to handle our needs efficiently for every pay cycle.
  • Accounting features. Our team manually set up the necessary reporting features to sync payroll data from Zenefits to our general ledger in QBO. It was an unexpected task during our implementation process. However, Zenefits has this topic on its 2019 product roadmap.
  • Integrations. This may be more of our fault, but we have yet to capture the value we want from current app integrations on Zenefits.
Zenefits is very well suited for small businesses of all types. Companies with minimal IT/hardware needs and operations will get the most out of Zenefits. As an IT heavy company, we have considerable manual processes related to IT needs that Zenefits supports, although we're not able to fully take on all the product capabilities today. I am not sure of how Zenefits compares as a solution for larger companies.
Read aaron j vernon's full review
Katherine Owens | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 01, 2019

Zenefits

Lensrentals uses Zenefits across the entire company. We use this for payroll, time and attendance, benefits, 401k integration, performance management, and more!
  • User-friendly
  • Clean design
  • Practical
  • Some modules can crash/be a bit buggy (rarely)—time and attendance and time off requests.
I love Zenefits. I have used many other HRIS and this is by far my favorite. Everything makes sense. I love not having to click 5,000 buttons just to get to one thing.
Read Katherine Owens's full review
Sandy Nahra | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2019

Zen with Zenefits

Our US and Global work locations use Zenefits for time off, benefits, onboarding, offer letters, and many more things. I love how the system can send automated emails to take more off my plate (very welcome as an HR Professional) and allows our employees to self-enroll in their benefits with an easy to use and intuitive platform. This is a great system for US employees but it's not as robust for an international employee base.
  • Easy to use--it's easy to learn how to use the system.
  • Customer Service--it's quick and easy to get a polite response.
  • Benefits--great to have our selections in the same place.
  • Customizable --we've created a lot of unique reports and settings to make our processes more efficient.
  • Intuitive--our employees do not need to be trained on where to find information or how to find it.
  • Time off--it's hard for the system to accommodate unique policies
  • Reporting--some of the fields are not customizable
  • Customer Service--some of their reps are very green and aren't familiar with basic HR practices
  • International--It's great for the US but a lot of their compliance and reporting features don't work well for non-US entities.
Zenefits is great for smaller businesses, not large enterprises. I love it because it's easy to train people on, has a good look and feel, and allows us to automate a lot of our time off capabilities. Where I am less impressed is the reporting features. I wish we could do more customizable point in time reports. I also wish the system was better for international employees.
Read Sandy Nahra's full review
Ben Flemming | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2018

Worth it. Go get Zenefits.

We're using Zenefits to manage all our employee information from hiring, time off, payroll, through the process of termination. Zenefits integrates really well with our applicant tracking system too, so that makes for seamless processes of selection and recruiting. Zenefits solves several key issues of information available for our managers and forth the members of our team to connect with one another: contact info, PTO schedules, and approvals.
  • Ease of use for employees
  • Ease of use and level of customization for managers
  • integration of all HR functions under one platform
  • A few things about setting up payroll have been a bit glitchy, notably the inability to record a permanent as well as a work mailing address for some employees.
It's great for keeping current employee information accurate and available. And I'm in the middle of deploying the payroll and time to track features, so I'm hopeful it'll be very well suited for those features too. The simplicity of exporting a calendar feed of everyone's PTO for my department makes for great visibility about our team schedules.
Read Ben Flemming's full review
Rachel Hynes | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2019

Excellent HR Management Platform!

Zenefits is the go to HR platform for our organization. We use it for the entire lifecycle of our relationship with employees - everything from onboarding, requesting time off, checking time off balances, sick balances, FSA management, FSA balances, review tracking etc. We also use it to replace Dropbox to store all HR documents.

It is used internationally across 3 offices and many remote staff
  • Onboarding
  • Putting all the documents in one place
  • Time off tracking
  • Ease of use
  • Access levels - managers aren't able to see all documents
  • Integrations
  • Customer Service
Zenefits is great for our small to medium sized non profit. It helped greatly to put all HR documents in one place and streamline the HR processes. It allowed us to eliminate other platforms that we were using. I imagine it wouldn't be as good of a fit for a larger organization.
Read Rachel Hynes's full review
Sarah Hiller | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2019

Pretty Great - They're Still Improving

Company-wide. It's a seamless onboarding and offboarding process. Easy to handle all employee deductions/contributions. It acts as a part-time employee helping me manage HR. I love how it’s easy to get assistance when you need it and they do a very good job of routing you to the right person.
  • The layout is seamless and easy - visually appealing
  • Offering friendly customer service and finding an answer for you every time you call/contact
  • HR Education
  • 401k integration with more companies
  • The payroll section layout isn't very intuitive, I use Zenefits every day and yet I still can't find Payroll Pay Templates on the first try
  • Admin properties-I learned through the ed center that there's a feature about showing all company an employee's phone number, had this software 2.5 years and didn't know that
  • My Aflac deductions are in crazy weird classifications like commuter benefits because there aren't enough classes
Very well suited to small companies that want to grow, because it grows with you and makes the hiring process very smooth. It's less suited to companies where they are still using a lot of papers and files. This basically requires you to go all digital.
Read Sarah Hiller's full review
Tanner Walters | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 24, 2019

Simple but Gets the Job Done

We use Zenefits for a majority of HR-related tasks. As an employee, I use it mostly to request time off, update personal information for accounting information, and access insurance information. It's a more central hub for these HR tasks that we didn't have before, which makes it more convenient.
  • It's very easy to request time off in the system. It's easier than sending email requests for time off and then sending redundant calendar invites. The hub also includes company holidays as you're requesting time off, which is very convenient.
  • Submitting and receiving employee feedback is easier to do directly in the platform, again, it replaces the need to email documents back and forth. It also makes past feedback documents more visible so that I don't need to dig through my email to find them.
  • I don't currently use insurance through my employer, but I know it's much easier to access insurance information through Zenefits then before.
  • It's pretty simple. That's a strength in terms of UX, but from a features standpoint, I feel it could use more. As of now, I feel I primarily use it to request time off.
Zenefits is a software that is well-suited for basic HR tasks for small to medium-sized organizations.
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Andres Zuniga | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2019

Great for Small Companies

Zenefits is being used by the whole organization. It helped streamline the process for the HR and Accounting departments in some areas.
Zenefits has also helped to improve our organization chart. The biggest benefit for the accounting department is the ability punch in/out for hourly employees. It helps maintain records for hourly employees. It has improved how employees request time off.
it also has helped to stream the process of onboarding employees. Offer letters for the sales employees also became easier to prepare.
  • Zenefits makes it easier to maintain records for hourly employees
  • The ability to communicate with ADP through the server
  • Allows us to track changes made to employee profiles
  • Needs to improve on the ability to break payroll down by department
  • Employees have the ability to block or changes deductions for taxes
  • Needs to enter branch/department in invoices for credit reports run
Zenefits is great for smaller businesses. I love it because it's easy to train people on and navigate. The time off feature is great. It's great for maintaining records for current and terminated employees.
Read Andres Zuniga's full review
Brad Back | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 09, 2019

Zenefits has been a great addition to our company

Zenefits is being used by the whole company. It is for our HR backend software. It really helped clean up and organize our HR department.
  • Zenefits does new hire onboarding extremely well. Once you set everything up it is very easy to hire and inboard new employees.
  • Zenefits has made payroll much easier. With its integrated Time clock app it has cut processing payroll time in half.
  • Zenefits has great business intelligence reports. You are able to find the data you need very quickly.
  • The performance management app could be more robust. For example I am not able to set individual goals for my employees. It is either a company-wide goal or a goal for all my direct reports. This does not work very well when you have multi offices with all different goals.
  • The scheduling app needs to be more user friendly for business with multi locations. For example I can not schedule but office location. I have to schedule by position type. If you have multi offices that have the same positions it can become very confusing.
Zenefits is very well suited for small to medium size business.
Read Brad Back's full review
Terrie Gero-Smead | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 17, 2018

Zenefits

Zenefits is our overall human resources platform. It allows for an interactive process to onboard employees and maintains employee records. It saves our HR department time as employees have direct access to all HR information that they want and need.
  • Zenefits enables us to onboard employees efficiently. Employees interact directly with the platform, freeing up personnel time.
  • Zenefits provides an easy platform to disseminate important documents to employees and then allows for the retention in an online "employee file."
  • Zenefits streamlines the annual open enrollment and insurance election process.
  • The platform can be cumbersome. Sometimes a lot of keystrokes are required to navigate between screens. (To go from one employee to the next in the directory)
  • There is no easy access to FSA reports. In fact, I would suggest that there is no way to get any meaningful data on the FSA plan without having to contact support.
  • They do a BAD job at keeping employee deduction amounts up to date. Additionally, FSA deductions are not updated automatically after open enrollment.
Zenefits is well suited for a small company with HR professionals in house, but no decent HR software. I would not use this if you did not have an HR professional on board. They do not provide enough guidance or have one point of contact for the customer.
Read Terrie Gero-Smead's full review
Zach Shelley | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

Zenefits: Easy usability, moderate service, poor payroll support

Zenefits provide our organization with an effective organizational chart, timeclock software and to a lesser extent, payroll system. Our HR department were the primary users of the portal. Employees used the portal for time clock and PTO requests. After a year, we discontinued the Zenefits payroll system and replaced it with a more streamlined solution. Our HR department felt that Zenefit's payroll was more difficult and convoluted than it needed to be.

The organizational structure, staff bios and PTO tracking functions were well liked and well received by the majority of our employees. As a manger of 25 individuals, I found it easy to track time, vacations and absences.
  • Simple User Interface
  • Creates informative employee bios to help teams get to know each other
  • Easy PTO/Vacation request, tracking system
  • Clunky payroll system (as reported by HR)
  • Less than satisfactory technical support
  • Difficult initial implementation
For smaller organizations with a low employee count, this is an easily trainable solution. For larger organizations or organizations with a limited HR department, this may not be the best solution. Much of the effectiveness of Zenefits relies on employee buy-in so training on processes and procedures is necessary for a successful integration.
Read Zach Shelley's full review
Caitlynn Castil, SHRM-CP | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2018

Highly Recommend

The whole organization uses Zenefits. We use this for hiring, onboarding, benefits administration, and general organizational usage. We utilize the hire app to extend offers to new hires, run background checks, and keep employment documents on file. We work with One Digital for full benefits administration with Zenefits. We also utilize the HRA and FSA add on's through Zenefits. We use the COBRA administration, which makes my job much easier. And we utilize this for our org charts and compensation tracking.
  • Customer Service - the chat feature is super helpful! We get access to chat with someone immediately with quick accurate answers.
  • COBRA administration - I don't need to do anything, Zenefits handles it all
  • Benefit Administration - I like the open-enrollment tracking features as well as the ability to send reminders to those who have to complete it still
  • One Digital - I'm not a fan of their chosen broker. They don't communicate well, no follow-up and slow response times
  • Club Zen rewards - more insight on how these get redeemed, maybe a FAQ section within Club Zen
  • Org Chart on the mobile app - it's not very integrative on the mobile side
Well suited for small HR departments, departments of 1 or 2, since Zenefits takes on a lot of administrative roles for the HR function, this is extremely helpful. Maybe not best suited for a large company with a large HR department. Not necessary if they have people specializing in the different aspects.
Read Caitlynn Castil, SHRM-CP's full review
Edison Rose | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 22, 2019

Great for a Small Businesses and Non-profit organizations

We have been using Zenefits as our company-wide HR platform, and from day 1 of using it, it has greatly reduced the burden of manual tasks in onboarding and employee management. All our employee files are recorded electronically through Zenefits.
  • Integration & efficiency across all HR processes
  • Simple to use for both employees and administrators
  • HR Data analytics
  • Could improve in tracking performance management, but was informed that this is in progress.
Great for startups and small businesses! It saves a great deal of time and expense by utilizing Zenefits as a one-stop-shop for all HR needs. The HR consultant feature is beneficial for solving any complex issues that arise.
Read Edison Rose's full review
Greg Hawkes | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2019

Zen Benefits

We use Zenefits company-wide for all aspects that are offered. We use it for payroll, time & attendance, time off, performance management, goals, health insurance, and hiring. So far we have loved it, there have been hiccups along the way, but our account rep is incredible and he makes everything right in the end.
  • 401k Integration
  • User interface
  • Customer Service (Except Priyal & Freddi, they are TOTAL rockstars!!)
  • Insurance integration (can only use One Digital (not impressed with them) and it was no simple task to integrate)
  • Reports. They offer some but they aren't things that are used!
We wanted a system that was "all-in-one", meaning that it would do each aspect of HR, and also operational needs. We love that it integrates our benefits, payroll, time, performance management and compliance.
Read Greg Hawkes's full review
Gina Kamai | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2019

Onboarding in a Snap

We use Zenefits on a daily basis to handle many of our HR needs like onboarding, benefits administration, administration of company policies, procedures, and handbooks, promotions, payroll, organizational flow, reviews, 360 performance plans, and ACA compliance.
  • Employee lifecycle
  • Benefits Administration
  • Payroll
  • Add options for employee training
  • More reporting options
Small to medium-sized businesses that are looking for an inexpensive way to upgrade their onboarding experience to the cloud.
Read Gina Kamai's full review
February 01, 2019

Great for an HR Team of one!

Zenefits is our current record for all employees past and present, from employment documentation, payroll and time keeping, to time off tracking and benefit administration. Every team utilizes its features and all our employees have access. As the sole HR manager here, it saves me a ton of time on the day to day paperwork and basic functions that I'd normally have an HR assistant handle.
  • On-boarding new hires- allowing newly hired employees to fill in their forms and upload supporting documents saves hours from their first day!
  • Time off tracking- the system auto calculates accrual however your company needs, and makes it easy for employees to manage their sick and vacation use.
  • The Business Intelligence section of Zenefits offers lots of helpful tools that new to HR professionals would find helpful as they set up features and processes for smaller companies.
  • Payroll reports are awkward. I get the data I need but have to download spreadsheets that have EVERYTHING and then edit and reorganize from there.
  • Termination/off-cycle payrolls are not the easiest to use- the system tends to leave terminated employees on the upcoming payroll roster even after they've been terminated and makes for unnecessary triple checking to ensure no additional payment go out when they shouldn't
  • employee time tracking function is good but it would be helpful if it had larger window for employee to enter their hours before payroll. If a payroll closes on a Friday or weekend, employee have to log in in their time off to ensure all their hours are in otherwise they have to have a manger do it for them.
Zenefits is great for new businesses and smaller teams that need a quick platform to start recording their employees documents and generating reports, payroll and time worked. It is easy to use for a small HR team and helps keep everything in compliance. Larger companies (100 employees or more) might take too much small micromanaging to utilize this system on a regular basis.

Employee demographic data (46)
Employment history (37)
Job profiles and administration (39)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (39)
Organizational charting (45)
Organization and location management (48)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (43)
Pay calculation (27)
Support for external payroll vendors (18)
Benefit plan administration (37)
9.2
Direct deposit files (32)
9.6
Salary revision and increment management (30)
9.4
Reimbursement management (20)
Approval workflow (41)
Balance details (40)
9.4
Annual carry-forward and encashment (32)
View and generate pay and benefit information (49)
Update personal information (53)
9.6
View company policy documentation (48)
Employee recognition (18)
View job history (38)
Tracking of all physical assets (7)
Report builder (40)
Pre-built reports (40)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (27)
New hire portal (44)
Manager tracking tools (36)
9.7
Corporate goal setting (11)
Individual goal setting (14)
Line-of sight-visibility (10)
Performance tracking (13)
Performance plans (17)
Performance improvement plans (15)
Review status tracking (16)
Review reminders (17)
Multiple review frequency (16)
Create succession plans/pools (4)
Candidate ranking (5)
Candidate search (5)
Candidate development (5)
6.7
Job Requisition Management (4)
Company Website Posting (3)
6.7
Publish to Social Media (3)
Job Search Site Posting (4)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (5)
Applicant Tracking (4)
Notifications and Alerts (6)

About Zenefits

Zenefits is a SaaS cloud-based human resources platform that, according to the vendor, helps more than 11,000 small and mid-sized companies empower their workforce, manage change, and stay compliant. Zenefits' People Platform aims to deliver a comprehensive, intuitive HR experience in the market. The vendor's HR, Benefits, Payroll and Performance apps combine with advisory services and tightly integrated partner apps to help companies simplify HR administration – reducing paperwork and complexity so companies can focus on starting, running and growing their businesses.

Zenefits Screenshots