Zenefits is a free, cloud-based core-HR platform with benefits administration capabilities. Zenefits, an American company headquartered in San Francisco, is not paid by users of its platform but by benefits providers whose users choose to administer benefits through the Zenefits platform. A payroll system was added to the platform November 2015, with a free mode and a paid mode with additional administrative features.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/8M/IT/VLRDBLJLCAJJ.JPEGZen with ZenefitsOur US and Global work locations use Zenefits for time off, benefits, onboarding, offer letters, and many more things. I love how the system can send automated emails to take more off my plate (very welcome as an HR Professional) and allows our employees to self-enroll in their benefits with an easy to use and intuitive platform. This is a great system for US employees but it's not as robust for an international employee base.,Easy to use--it's easy to learn how to use the system. Customer Service--it's quick and easy to get a polite response. Benefits--great to have our selections in the same place. Customizable --we've created a lot of unique reports and settings to make our processes more efficient. Intuitive--our employees do not need to be trained on where to find information or how to find it.,Time off--it's hard for the system to accommodate unique policies Reporting--some of the fields are not customizable Customer Service--some of their reps are very green and aren't familiar with basic HR practices International--It's great for the US but a lot of their compliance and reporting features don't work well for non-US entities.,9,Positive--saves us time by automating emails and processes Positive--easy for employees to transparently view their benefits Negative--our PTO is always messed up without fail every year Positive--easy enough to add new fields into the system to track pertinent data and report on it,Kronos Workforce Ready,DocuSign, Sterling Talent Solutions, Expensify, HireRightWorth it. Go get Zenefits.We're using Zenefits to manage all our employee information from hiring, time off, payroll, through the process of termination. Zenefits integrates really well with our applicant tracking system too, so that makes for seamless processes of selection and recruiting. Zenefits solves several key issues of information available for our managers and forth the members of our team to connect with one another: contact info, PTO schedules, and approvals.,Ease of use for employees Ease of use and level of customization for managers integration of all HR functions under one platform,A few things about setting up payroll have been a bit glitchy, notably the inability to record a permanent as well as a work mailing address for some employees.,8,Great ROI. It replaced a system (no system) which was free but messy and hard to organize. Zenefits has been worth it for our small HR department.,ADP Resource,QuickBooks Online, Bloomerang, JazzHR,55,1,Time and Attendence tracking is simple and also robust Payroll is even easier than others I've tried.,8,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,I might think about starting with Zenefits' payroll and time and attendance, which didn't exist when we started with Zenefits a few years ago.,No,7Simple but Gets the Job DoneWe use Zenefits for a majority of HR-related tasks. As an employee, I use it mostly to request time off, update personal information for accounting information, and access insurance information. It's a more central hub for these HR tasks that we didn't have before, which makes it more convenient.,It's very easy to request time off in the system. It's easier than sending email requests for time off and then sending redundant calendar invites. The hub also includes company holidays as you're requesting time off, which is very convenient. Submitting and receiving employee feedback is easier to do directly in the platform, again, it replaces the need to email documents back and forth. It also makes past feedback documents more visible so that I don't need to dig through my email to find them. I don't currently use insurance through my employer, but I know it's much easier to access insurance information through Zenefits then before.,It's pretty simple. That's a strength in terms of UX, but from a features standpoint, I feel it could use more. As of now, I feel I primarily use it to request time off.,8,Zenefits has simplified a lot of the processes we as employees use in my organization and eliminated a lot of inconvenient and unnecessary tasks.Great for Small CompaniesZenefits is being used by the whole organization. It helped streamline the process for the HR and Accounting departments in some areas. Zenefits has also helped to improve our organization chart. The biggest benefit for the accounting department is the ability punch in/out for hourly employees. It helps maintain records for hourly employees. It has improved how employees request time off. it also has helped to stream the process of onboarding employees. Offer letters for the sales employees also became easier to prepare.,Zenefits makes it easier to maintain records for hourly employees The ability to communicate with ADP through the server Allows us to track changes made to employee profiles,Needs to improve on the ability to break payroll down by department Employees have the ability to block or changes deductions for taxes Needs to enter branch/department in invoices for credit reports run,9,Save time in the HR department by streamlining the work Easier to onboard employees,ADP TotalSourceZenefits has been a great addition to our companyZenefits is being used by the whole company. It is for our HR backend software. It really helped clean up and organize our HR department.,Zenefits does new hire onboarding extremely well. Once you set everything up it is very easy to hire and inboard new employees. Zenefits has made payroll much easier. With its integrated Time clock app it has cut processing payroll time in half. Zenefits has great business intelligence reports. You are able to find the data you need very quickly.,The performance management app could be more robust. For example I am not able to set individual goals for my employees. It is either a company-wide goal or a goal for all my direct reports. This does not work very well when you have multi offices with all different goals. The scheduling app needs to be more user friendly for business with multi locations. For example I can not schedule but office location. I have to schedule by position type. If you have multi offices that have the same positions it can become very confusing.,10,Zenefits has allowed us to run a much leaner HR dept by automating many of our processes.,Gusto POS, ADP Enterprise eTIME and Paycor
Zenefits

Zenefits Reviews

Zenefits
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 66 vetted Zenefits reviews and ratings

Sandy Nahra profile photo
December 05, 2018

User Review: "Zen with Zenefits"

• Easy to use--it's easy to learn how to use the system.
  • Customer Service--it's quick and easy to get a polite response.
  • Benefits--great to have our selections in the same place.
  • Customizable --we've created a lot of unique reports and settings to make our processes more efficient.
  • Intuitive--our employees do not need to be trained on where to find information or how to find it.
  • Time off--it's hard for the system to accommodate unique policies
  • Reporting--some of the fields are not customizable
  • Customer Service--some of their reps are very green and aren't familiar with basic HR practices
  • International--It's great for the US but a lot of their compliance and reporting features don't work well for non-US entities.
Zenefits is great for smaller businesses, not large enterprises. I love it because it's easy to train people on, has a good look and feel, and allows us to automate a lot of our time off capabilities. Where I am less impressed is the reporting features. I wish we could do more customizable point in time reports. I also wish the system was better for international employees.
Read Sandy Nahra's full review
Ben Flemming profile photo
December 04, 2018

User Review: "Worth it. Go get Zenefits."

• Ease of use for employees
  • Ease of use and level of customization for managers
  • integration of all HR functions under one platform
  • A few things about setting up payroll have been a bit glitchy, notably the inability to record a permanent as well as a work mailing address for some employees.
It's great for keeping current employee information accurate and available. And I'm in the middle of deploying the payroll and time to track features, so I'm hopeful it'll be very well suited for those features too. The simplicity of exporting a calendar feed of everyone's PTO for my department makes for great visibility about our team schedules.
Read Ben Flemming's full review
Tanner Walters profile photo
January 24, 2019

Zenefits Review: "Simple but Gets the Job Done"

• It's very easy to request time off in the system. It's easier than sending email requests for time off and then sending redundant calendar invites. The hub also includes company holidays as you're requesting time off, which is very convenient.
  • Submitting and receiving employee feedback is easier to do directly in the platform, again, it replaces the need to email documents back and forth. It also makes past feedback documents more visible so that I don't need to dig through my email to find them.
  • I don't currently use insurance through my employer, but I know it's much easier to access insurance information through Zenefits then before.
  • It's pretty simple. That's a strength in terms of UX, but from a features standpoint, I feel it could use more. As of now, I feel I primarily use it to request time off.
Zenefits is a software that is well-suited for basic HR tasks for small to medium-sized organizations.
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Andres Zuniga profile photo
January 10, 2019

Zenefits Review: "Great for Small Companies"

• Zenefits makes it easier to maintain records for hourly employees
  • The ability to communicate with ADP through the server
  • Allows us to track changes made to employee profiles
  • Needs to improve on the ability to break payroll down by department
  • Employees have the ability to block or changes deductions for taxes
  • Needs to enter branch/department in invoices for credit reports run
Zenefits is great for smaller businesses. I love it because it's easy to train people on and navigate. The time off feature is great. It's great for maintaining records for current and terminated employees.
Read Andres Zuniga's full review
Brad Back profile photo
January 09, 2019

Review: "Zenefits has been a great addition to our company"

• Zenefits does new hire onboarding extremely well. Once you set everything up it is very easy to hire and inboard new employees.
  • Zenefits has made payroll much easier. With its integrated Time clock app it has cut processing payroll time in half.
  • Zenefits has great business intelligence reports. You are able to find the data you need very quickly.
  • The performance management app could be more robust. For example I am not able to set individual goals for my employees. It is either a company-wide goal or a goal for all my direct reports. This does not work very well when you have multi offices with all different goals.
  • The scheduling app needs to be more user friendly for business with multi locations. For example I can not schedule but office location. I have to schedule by position type. If you have multi offices that have the same positions it can become very confusing.
Zenefits is very well suited for small to medium size business.
Read Brad Back's full review
Brittany Martin, PHRca profile photo
September 07, 2018

User Review: "Zenefits is easy to use"

Our Recruiting Department use Zenefits to send offer letters, show prospective employees a sample of our health and dental benefits using the tool on the site. Our HR department uses Zenefits to manage employee documents, send out policies and handbooks, help associates sign up for employee benefits and also to manage time and attendance. We request and approve time off as well.
  • Zenefits keeps it simple, associates don't dread logging in because the dashboard layout is a collection of apps , you click the icon for what you need.
  • Zenefits has a chat based Help Desk so you can get answers to questions immediately.
  • Zenefits offers a great resource for administrators call Club Zen. Club Zen features HR related articles and information to supplement continuing eduction for our people experts.
  • While the Tech Support is fast to respond, the actual resolutions can take a while to come into play
  • In the Time and Attendance feature it allows people to clock in early from 30 minute unpaid breaks if they wish. Most TimeKeeper apps prevent you from ending a break early to comply with the law, switching to Zenefits actually increased our California meal break violations.
Zenefits makes sense for you if you looking for a system to manage personnel info for a team that is slightly more tech savvy. Associates utilizing the app on their smart device has been so valuable to information out and back quickly. However, people who don't have smartphones and smart devices (or don't use their smart devices to their full potential) struggle a bit.
Read Brittany Martin, PHRca's full review
Elisha Ritchey profile photo
August 28, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Easy and Efficient"

We are currently using Zenefits for our employees across 5 states. It has made my job easier because every employee now has a portal to make changes to their information that I can then push over to our payroll provider. It is also helping us support a more robust Performance Managment program and makes us look amazing during the on-boarding process.

We've not done open enrollment yet in through Zenefits, but so far the employees have loved having access to their enrollment info without having to send an email to anyone.
  • The Time and Attendance has been a great support in reminding our employees about meal breaks. It is also one of the few HRIS programs we've found that talks to QuickBooks.
  • Performance Management has been great at sharing company-wide goals. We've had a good response to the reviews we've sent out as well.
  • The Org Chart has been great for our new hires as well as those who've been here because it allows for people to share their personal cell phone if they'd like. No more texting/emailing someone else to get a cell number for a new person.
  • It would be great if Zenefits talked to our 401k provider. The one we use isn't currently supported.
  • Implementation at times felt repetitive, but we were integrating a lot of moving parts.
Zenefits has really allowed us to set up our game as a small company. We have a centralized place for HR information that is both secure and easy to use. It has made my life easier because I no longer have to dig through paper files to find information on employees. The education and support for the product is also amazing.
Read Elisha Ritchey's full review
Terrie Gero-Smead profile photo
December 17, 2018

User Review: "Zenefits"

Zenefits is our overall human resources platform. It allows for an interactive process to onboard employees and maintains employee records. It saves our HR department time as employees have direct access to all HR information that they want and need.
  • Zenefits enables us to onboard employees efficiently. Employees interact directly with the platform, freeing up personnel time.
  • Zenefits provides an easy platform to disseminate important documents to employees and then allows for the retention in an online "employee file."
  • Zenefits streamlines the annual open enrollment and insurance election process.
  • The platform can be cumbersome. Sometimes a lot of keystrokes are required to navigate between screens. (To go from one employee to the next in the directory)
  • There is no easy access to FSA reports. In fact, I would suggest that there is no way to get any meaningful data on the FSA plan without having to contact support.
  • They do a BAD job at keeping employee deduction amounts up to date. Additionally, FSA deductions are not updated automatically after open enrollment.
Zenefits is well suited for a small company with HR professionals in house, but no decent HR software. I would not use this if you did not have an HR professional on board. They do not provide enough guidance or have one point of contact for the customer.
Read Terrie Gero-Smead's full review
Zach Shelley profile photo
December 11, 2018

"Zenefits: Easy usability, moderate service, poor payroll support"

Zenefits provide our organization with an effective organizational chart, timeclock software and to a lesser extent, payroll system. Our HR department were the primary users of the portal. Employees used the portal for time clock and PTO requests. After a year, we discontinued the Zenefits payroll system and replaced it with a more streamlined solution. Our HR department felt that Zenefit's payroll was more difficult and convoluted than it needed to be.

The organizational structure, staff bios and PTO tracking functions were well liked and well received by the majority of our employees. As a manger of 25 individuals, I found it easy to track time, vacations and absences.
  • Simple User Interface
  • Creates informative employee bios to help teams get to know each other
  • Easy PTO/Vacation request, tracking system
  • Clunky payroll system (as reported by HR)
  • Less than satisfactory technical support
  • Difficult initial implementation
For smaller organizations with a low employee count, this is an easily trainable solution. For larger organizations or organizations with a limited HR department, this may not be the best solution. Much of the effectiveness of Zenefits relies on employee buy-in so training on processes and procedures is necessary for a successful integration.
Read Zach Shelley's full review
Caitlynn Castil, SHRM-CP profile photo
December 07, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Highly Recommend"

The whole organization uses Zenefits. We use this for hiring, onboarding, benefits administration, and general organizational usage. We utilize the hire app to extend offers to new hires, run background checks, and keep employment documents on file. We work with One Digital for full benefits administration with Zenefits. We also utilize the HRA and FSA add on's through Zenefits. We use the COBRA administration, which makes my job much easier. And we utilize this for our org charts and compensation tracking.
  • Customer Service - the chat feature is super helpful! We get access to chat with someone immediately with quick accurate answers.
  • COBRA administration - I don't need to do anything, Zenefits handles it all
  • Benefit Administration - I like the open-enrollment tracking features as well as the ability to send reminders to those who have to complete it still
  • One Digital - I'm not a fan of their chosen broker. They don't communicate well, no follow-up and slow response times
  • Club Zen rewards - more insight on how these get redeemed, maybe a FAQ section within Club Zen
  • Org Chart on the mobile app - it's not very integrative on the mobile side
Well suited for small HR departments, departments of 1 or 2, since Zenefits takes on a lot of administrative roles for the HR function, this is extremely helpful. Maybe not best suited for a large company with a large HR department. Not necessary if they have people specializing in the different aspects.
Read Caitlynn Castil, SHRM-CP's full review
Sarah Hiller profile photo
December 06, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Pretty Great - They're Still Improving"

Company-wide. It's a seamless onboarding and offboarding process. Easy to handle all employee deductions/contributions. It acts as a small part-time employee helping me manage HR. I love how it’s easy to get assistance when you need it and they do a very good job of routing you to the right person.
  • The layout is seamless and easy - visually appealing
  • Offering friendly customer service and finding an answer for you every time you call/contact
  • HR Education
  • 401k integration with more companies
  • The payroll section layout isn't very intuitive, I use Zenefits every day and yet I still can't find Payroll Pay Templates on the first try
  • Admin properties-I learned through the ed center that there's a feature about showing all company an employee's phone number, had this software 2.5 years and didn't know that
  • My Aflac deductions are in crazy weird classifications like commuter benefits because there aren't enough classes
Very well suited to small companies that want to grow, because it grows with you and makes the hiring process very smooth. It's less suited to companies where they are still using a lot of papers and files. This basically requires you to go all digital.
Read Sarah Hiller's full review
Gina Kamai profile photo
February 15, 2019

Zenefits Review: "Onboarding in a Snap"

We use Zenefits on a daily basis to handle many of our HR needs like onboarding, benefits administration, administration of company policies, procedures, and handbooks, promotions, payroll, organizational flow, reviews, 360 performance plans, and ACA compliance.
  • Employee lifecycle
  • Benefits Administration
  • Payroll
  • Add options for employee training
  • More reporting options
Small to medium-sized businesses that are looking for an inexpensive way to upgrade their onboarding experience to the cloud.
Read Gina Kamai's full review
Rachel Hynes profile photo
September 02, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Excellent HR Management Platform!"

Zenefits is the go to HR platform for our organization. We use it for the entire lifecycle of our relationship with employees - everything from onboarding, requesting time off, checking time off balances, sick balances, FSA management, FSA balances, review tracking etc. We also use it to replace Dropbox to store all HR documents.

It is used internationally across 3 offices and many remote staff
  • Onboarding
  • Putting all the documents in one place
  • Time off tracking
  • Ease of use
  • Access levels - managers aren't able to see all documents
  • Integrations
  • Customer Service
Zenefits is great for our small to medium sized non profit. It helped greatly to put all HR documents in one place and streamline the HR processes. It allowed us to eliminate other platforms that we were using. I imagine it wouldn't be as good of a fit for a larger organization.
Read Rachel Hynes's full review
Greg Hawkes profile photo
December 12, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Zen Benefits"

We use Zenefits company-wide for all aspects that are offered. We use it for payroll, time & attendance, time off, performance management, goals, health insurance, and hiring. So far we have loved it, there have been hiccups along the way, but our account rep is incredible and he makes everything right in the end.
  • Time & Attendance
  • 401k Integration
  • User interface
  • Customer Service (Except Priyal & Freddi, they are TOTAL rockstars!!)
  • Insurance integration (can only use One Digital (not impressed with them) and it was no simple task to integrate)
  • Reports. They offer some but they aren't things that are used!
We wanted a system that was "all-in-one", meaning that it would do each aspect of HR, and also operational needs. We love that it integrates our benefits, payroll, time, performance management and compliance.
Read Greg Hawkes's full review
February 01, 2019

Zenefits Review: "Great for an HR Team of one!"

Zenefits is our current record for all employees past and present, from employment documentation, payroll and time keeping, to time off tracking and benefit administration. Every team utilizes its features and all our employees have access. As the sole HR manager here, it saves me a ton of time on the day to day paperwork and basic functions that I'd normally have an HR assistant handle.
  • On-boarding new hires- allowing newly hired employees to fill in their forms and upload supporting documents saves hours from their first day!
  • Time off tracking- the system auto calculates accrual however your company needs, and makes it easy for employees to manage their sick and vacation use.
  • The Business Intelligence section of Zenefits offers lots of helpful tools that new to HR professionals would find helpful as they set up features and processes for smaller companies.
  • Payroll reports are awkward. I get the data I need but have to download spreadsheets that have EVERYTHING and then edit and reorganize from there.
  • Termination/off-cycle payrolls are not the easiest to use- the system tends to leave terminated employees on the upcoming payroll roster even after they've been terminated and makes for unnecessary triple checking to ensure no additional payment go out when they shouldn't
  • employee time tracking function is good but it would be helpful if it had larger window for employee to enter their hours before payroll. If a payroll closes on a Friday or weekend, employee have to log in in their time off to ensure all their hours are in otherwise they have to have a manger do it for them.
Zenefits is great for new businesses and smaller teams that need a quick platform to start recording their employees documents and generating reports, payroll and time worked. It is easy to use for a small HR team and helps keep everything in compliance. Larger companies (100 employees or more) might take too much small micromanaging to utilize this system on a regular basis.
December 07, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Great for Small Businesses"

We're using Zenefits to manage all our employee information from hiring, onboarding documents, and employee recognition. Zenefits allows us to do all of these things easily with our remote employees who work all over the country. Zenefits solves of securing getting sensitive hiring documents from remote employees without a lot of back and forth calls and emails. It also allows employees and managers access to key information about their fellow coworkers without having to go through HR.
  • Makes the hiring process easy
  • Easy to bulk information request information from employees
  • Trainings on many HR topics and how to best use Zenefits
  • Hard to make unique time off policies
  • We can't integrate our payroll with the Zenefits
Great for small businesses with several office locations or remote employees
November 09, 2018

User Review: "Zenefits is a Benefit"

Zenefits is being used by the entire organization. We have several satellite locations, and Zenefits has enabled us to reduce travel with the employee self-service. This also allows for ease of policy implementation and acknowledgments. We also use it as a system of record, as well as electronic personnel database, which allows remote managers access tot he fields that they need without having to have files scanned. The onboarding has created a better candidate experience when our employees come in for orientation, their paperwork has been completed. The reports have saved on admin duties, and we have drastically reduced the size of our personnel files, saving paper and increasing space.
  • Ease of use- all of our employees, regardless of their comfort lever with computers, can use Zenefits easily and intuitively.
  • Responsiveness- many options for customer service, and they see everything through to completion.
  • Customization- this has been a life saver for our various certifications and trainings, sending out reminders based on customized fields and expiration dates.
  • Dual companies- unable to transfer data or employees between companies, unable to auto mirror set up, very manual process.
Zenefits is great for benefits open enrollment, onboarding, and as a system of record; however if you have multiple companies, it can get confusing.
October 04, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Great, easy to use software"

We use Zenefits across the whole organization to help track PTO and other HR needs. It simplifies our approval processes and houses many of our HR docs in one place. We've made the change to go nearly paperless and using Zenefits really helps us achieve our goals! It's also nice they have an app so that our employees can submit policy docs, PTO requests, etc. while out in the field or traveling.
  • Simplifies PTO process
  • You can update and have employees acknowledge through Zenefits
  • Zenefits notifies you if employees update payroll info ie withholdings/ direct deposit info
  • Organization of HR docs ie performance reviews, policy updates
PTO tracking is made very easy and the website/app is very user friendly. Enrolling/ updating our benefits is also a very easy process. Customer service has always been there to help in a timely fashion if we had any questions.
September 07, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Solid, but not heads or tails above the rest."

We are currently using Zenefits throughout our company. We are primarily using it as our HR, on-boarding, and review platform. We also use Zenefits to run Payroll.
  • Zenefits has really streamlined the on-boarding process.
  • Zenefits allowed us to formalize a Performance Management program that makes it easy to manage and track employee status and reviews.
  • The Zenefits interface is simple, clear, and easy to use.
  • Zenefits does not allow for customization of reports so instead of seeing just the data I need I have to select from a pre-set menu of options.
  • Zenefits does not integrate with our 401k provider or our project time and tracking system so the amount of manual entry to create a payroll gets old fast
  • The Bulk upload payroll feature does not include enough options for data upload.
  • Pay Period and Check Date settings cannot be customized to fit the structure of our company, they are too restrictive.
Zenefits is well suited for small companies and companies that have simple, standard processes and no HR department. If you need a very custom system with all the bells and whistles or have a large company the system might not be the best for you as the limitations and amount of manual input needed will catch up with you.
September 05, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Solid HR Software eases administration for small/medium business"

Zenefits is a full service HRIS that is easy for employees to use and for HR teams to implement. We used it for our entire organization (with the exception of international employees). We used it as our first transition from a spreadsheet and filing system to an HRIS, and as a result improved our business efficiency greatly.
  • Easy to implement - does not require a large project team or months of work if your data is already prepared.
  • Makes for a smooth onboarding experience - employees are impressed by how much paperwork has been eliminated on their first day!
  • Provides easy to access business intelligence reports that improve our decision making.
  • International functionality is limited and should be improved.
  • Updates to the product could be better communicated.
Zenefits is well suited to small/medium sized businesses that need a rich HRIS solution (but don't need extensive customizations).
December 22, 2018

User Review: "Zenefits is top notch"

Zenefits is a streamlined platform for all your HR needs. It is well designed to be user-friendly and easy to use from your first day on. All the time spent on tedious HR work such as time off calculations can now be focused on other, more important tasks because Zenefits does all the legwork for you!
  • Benefits management.
  • Payroll data.
  • Calendar management.
  • Customer service can be uniformed.
Zenefits is a great one-stop shop for small to medium companies looking to streamline their HR needs. It is cheaper and easier than hiring someone to manage all these tasks. It might not be the best for large companies with a dedicated HR team.
November 09, 2018

User Review: "Zenefits - User-friendly Platform"

We use Zenefits as our HRIS as well as for the timekeeping, time off, and benefits apps. Our employees use it across the organization, and we are currently transitioning to using its Documents section as our main place for employee files.
  • It is very user-friendly so employees can easily use it, even when not very computer savvy.
  • It has a very wide range of applications so you can get a lot done in one place.
  • There are good reporting tools.
  • The help desk could use improvement. I am sometimes on hold for a very long time.
  • The chat function could also use improvement. I am not confident that the answers I'm getting here are always accurate.
It is well suited for a relatively small business that still wants some structure and an online platform to get HR tasks done. It might be less appropriate for a large company.
November 09, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Efficient and Cost Effective"

We use Zenefits to onboard all new employees and to process payroll...there's not a person in the company who doesn't interact with it.
  • Streamlines onboarding process
  • Simple user interface
  • Ability to easily report metrics
  • Better user permissions
  • Linking multiple entities
Does the job well at a great price point
August 31, 2018

"A user's review of Zenefits"

We use it as our insurance broker. I have used it for paycheck resource as well
  • Intuitive UI - easy to navigate
  • Clean and mess free for legal docs
  • Great all in one HR tool
  • Price point - I hear it's expensive
  • Depending on how much your company is willing to dish out, the basic product can be rather useless
  • You have to buy the whole product for integration to really stand out
If you have the full works from Zenefits, it can be your whole HR department at a small to mid sized company.
August 21, 2018

Zenefits Review: "Making our digital company even more digital!"

We use it for payroll, PTO and hiring/onboarding. We use it throughout the whole company.
  • Makes everything more digital!
  • Super simple to use!
  • Gives our employees a piece of mind, because they have their PTO and payroll needs in the palm of their hands.
  • Nothing so far!
I believe it is great for large and small companies!

Employee demographic data (39)
Employment history (31)
Job profiles and administration (32)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (31)
Organizational charting (37)
Organization and location management (39)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (34)
Pay calculation (19)
Support for external payroll vendors (15)
Benefit plan administration (29)
Direct deposit files (25)
Salary revision and increment management (22)
Reimbursement management (16)
Approval workflow (33)
Balance details (32)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (26)
View and generate pay and benefit information (38)
Update personal information (42)
9.2
View company policy documentation (39)
Employee recognition (15)
View job history (31)
Tracking of all physical assets (6)
6.5
Report builder (33)
Pre-built reports (33)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (23)
New hire portal (36)
Manager tracking tools (32)
Corporate goal setting (10)
Individual goal setting (12)
Line-of sight-visibility (8)
6.4
Performance tracking (10)
6.5
Performance plans (13)
Performance improvement plans (12)
6.7
Review status tracking (13)
Review reminders (13)
Multiple review frequency (12)
6.4
Create succession plans/pools (4)
Candidate ranking (5)
Candidate search (5)
Candidate development (5)
Job Requisition Management (4)
Company Website Posting (3)
Publish to Social Media (3)
Job Search Site Posting (4)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (4)
Applicant Tracking (3)
Notifications and Alerts (5)

About Zenefits

Zenefits gives you, your managers, and your employees a single place to manage all your HR payroll, benefits, compliance, and more in one online dashboard. Seamlessly connect your company's payroll, health insurance, paid time off, and other HR systems with Zenefits in just a few seconds without having to change vendors, plans, or pricing. And if your business doesn't have these things yet, Zenefits can give you quotes and set you up in just a couple of minutes.

Zenefits Screenshots