Zenefits is Great!

Great value and service!!!

Zenefits!!

Update personal information (128)

View and generate pay and benefit information (122)

View company policy documentation (116)

Organization and location management (116)

Essentials

$8

Growth

$14

Zen

$21

per employee/per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.zenefits.com/pricing

Human Resource Management

6.2

Succession Planning

Recruiting / ATS

What is Zenefits?

Zenefits is a SaaS cloud-based human resources platform that, according to the vendor, helps more than 11,000 small and mid-sized companies empower their workforce, manage change, and stay compliant. Zenefits' People Platform aims to deliver a comprehensive, intuitive HR experience in the market. The vendor's HR, Benefits, Payroll and Performance apps combine with advisory services and tightly integrated partner apps to help companies simplify HR administration – reducing paperwork and complexity so companies can focus on starting, running and growing their businesses.

Zenefits Screenshots

HR ManagementHR ManagementHR ManagementBenefits AdminBenefits AdminPayrollPayrollPayrollPayroll

Zenefits Videos

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Alternatives

What is Zenefits?

Zenefits is a free, cloud-based core-HR platform. It primarily services small to mid-sized businesses and provides time management and benefits administration capabilities.

What are Zenefits's top competitors?

Namely, Gusto, and BambooHR are common alternatives for Zenefits.

What is Zenefits's best feature?

Reviewers rate Candidate development and Notifications and Alerts highest, with a score of 8.1.

Who uses Zenefits?

The most common users of Zenefits are from Mid-size Companies and the Computer Software industry.

October 08, 2021

Big Fans of Zenefits

Christian Slack | TrustRadius Reviewer

We have been a Zenefits customer for over 7 years now. When we started using Zenefits in 2014, we leveraged Zenefits as our primary HRIS system to send offer letters, onboard new employees, track time off, select benefits, and integrate with our payroll provider, QuickBooks Online Payroll.

As Zenefits launched its Zenefits Payroll product, we transitioned from QuickBooks Online Payroll to Zenefits at the beginning of 2020 to provide our employees with one powerful app to view their paystubs, request time off, view their benefits information, manage their pre-tax spending accounts, and look up contact information of their fellow team members. By having everything in one place for our employees in Zenefits (both online and in the mobile app), we were able to dramatically reduce the amount of questions from our employees and in turn improve our employee experience.

We’ve relied heavily on Zenefits to scale our business by helping us to be more effective and efficient in engaging and interacting with our employees. Since I joined Boomtown, we have increased our headcount by 5x – and thanks to Zenefits, we haven’t had to add any People Ops headcount to manage that growth.

• Payroll services in all 50 states, including payroll tax filings
  • Integrations with tools like QuickBooks, Google Workspace, Slack, and Human Interest (401(k))
  • Simple yet powerful mobile app for employees to access information including paystubs, benefits, and time off requests
  • Streamlined admin portal for People Ops professionals
  • Customer service response times are sometimes slow but are improving
  • QuickBooks integration could be improved to include employee and department (class) level information
  • Ability to clone templates in the Hiring section of the app
Zenefits is well suited for companies of all sizes, and especially fast-growing businesses who are looking to efficiently scaling their People Operations function while also providing an exceptional experience to your employees and contractors.
I've been with Zenefits for a few years now and I feel like we've grown our businesses together. I use them for Onboarding New Hires, HR and Payroll. As a small business owner, I'm always tempted to just jump in and do things myself which inevitably leads to some sort of mess. Every time I've reached out to Customer Service, they've been able to get it resolved.

It might take awhile to get to an actual person, but that's because their support database is SO expansive, you can pretty much find anything you need, and then some. Once I had a representative on the line, they stayed with me until the entire situation was resolved. I never felt rushed off the phone or pushed aside.

Zenefits is a great investment for small businesses. I love the notifications and alerts pushed through email and to my phone as well.
  • Great dashboard & user interface
  • Easy to use templates & text suggestions
  • Always developing & improving
  • As an administrator & employee there's no way to switch between the 2 different user types
  • It can be work to get to a live person
  • The app is a little useless as an administrator
I think as a small business owner, this system gives peace of mind. When I'm onboarding an employee I can automatically integrate the process with Gmail and Quickbooks. I feel like they are always doing work in the background and I don't have to keep checking up on them or verifying the work that's been done.
Jennifer Morris | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenefits is an awesome HR and Payroll platform! It is very user friendly both from an employer and employee perspective. Reporting is easy and customizable! It integrates with platforms we use which makes tasks like onboarding much easier to process and maintain. I definitely would highly recommend Zenefits to anyone!
  • Ease of use
  • Helpful online resources
  • Easy to coordinate with other platforms
  • Phone customer service wait times
  • Chat customer service wait times
It is a very user friendly platform and offers customization perfect for our company size. Pricing is fair and platform is scalable to continue to meet the needs of our organization as we continue to add more employees. We use Zenefits for both HR and Payroll and it definitely helps keep our processes efficient!
This is great! great! HR software.Coming from an employee user, it is so easy to see all my pay stubs and tax info. It's super user-friendly and I enjoyed using it. Being able to pull your financial reports from their app makes life much easier. They present the data in a easy to read way.<br><br>I highly recommend it to all HR departments.
  • Present my Pay Stubs
  • Show me my taxes on each paycheck
  • Easy to use software
  • Better homescreen
  • Send more updates on any changes
  • Send the pay stub email as soon as I get paid
IT works very well for the everyday employee who wants to be able to keep track of all their payments and l their tax info. I really enjoyed the email updates the software sends that remind me it's payday! The software does a great job of showing all my financial information displayed on each pay stub.
November 03, 2021

Zenefits is Great!

Our entire company is using Zenefits for multiple functions. It has a wide variety of capabilities and is user-friendly for everyone. I also used this platform in my previous job and it's great to use every time. I'm not very tech-savvy in this new digital age. This gives me the peace of mind and tools to access all my needs within the workplace. Great platform!
  • Insurance Benefits
  • Payroll
  • Requesting time off
  • News Updates
  • Customer Service Poral
  • More Tools
Zenefits is a great platform that has many aspects of employee needs in one place. It makes it easy to see pay stubs, edit personal information, see tax information, and even request time off. It keeps the employees in mind, making this very useful for the workers. Has everything that is important to use in one place. Also, it being super easy to use, I would recommend this to any colleague.
Zenefits is used as the HR platform for our company across the whole organization. It tracks each employee's time off, PTO, hours worked and our insurance benefits. The app is very user-friendly and easy to use especially when looking up our medical and dental insurance. It provides any additional information for those said insurance companies in one location. My favorite aspect of this app is the time clock function as it is all done remotely from the app on my phone.
  • Time clock function-- easy to use and never lags
  • The insurance portion has all of the pertinent information in one location
  • Allows you to track your hours and is updated in real time
  • I would like to be able to download our individual insurance card in the app
  • Make adjustments to missed punches on the time clock feature
  • Have to email HR manager to have time clocked changed.
We have used many different HR platforms at this company and it is nice that this is a one-stop app that consolidates all many aspects of HR into one. I can't think of a scenario where this would be less appropriate because this app is truly extremely user-friendly and requires zero to no training at all in order to have success using this app.
Sirena Carnevale | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenefits makes it easy for my entire team to enter their hours into the portal and view their paystubs. On the management end, we were able to add an offer letter template, a handbook and also have the ability to pull reports from the portal. It is very easy to navigate and the cost is low compared to other payroll companies.
  • offer letter template
  • enter own hours for review each week
  • ability to download payroll reports
  • cost effective
  • Wish list that costs would remain the same each year but I understand the nominal increases.
This is a great platform for smaller businesses. Zenefits offers ease of use and builds in many functions that larger payroll services offer.
And the cost is lower than the larger payroll services.
It's being used across our entire company as our HR department and benefits management platform. We use it as a way to approve and track PTO, sick days, vacation, and other time off situations. We also, like to use it as our benefits platform, org chart, and performance management system.
  • Our medical benefits are clear and easy to access.
  • Vacation tracking and reporting comes in very handy.
  • Managing the performance of the team is very simple.
  • If PTO calendars were made to be editable, that would help in some situations.
I feel that small to medium-sized businesses, that have a need for an HR department, but don't have the budget to spend, would greatly benefit from Zenefits. They are very easy to work with and integrate into your environment.

I wouldn't recommend if you have the option for dedicated HR staff, at least not as your primary HR department. In that case, implementing your internal HR department with Zenefits might be a good idea.
Richard Beas | TrustRadius Reviewer
We brought in Zenefits to offer an all in one payroll and compliance automated process for a low cost for immediate needs, but scalable as we grow. Within a year we went from 5 employees to 20 w/ Zenefits!
  • Automation
  • User friendly
  • Great Visibility
  • Pricing structure for tiers
  • Better support
  • Account checkins
For those who don't want to specialize in payroll compliance, Zenefits offers a great product for managers and their employees
Chris D. Landry | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenefits is used throughout the whole organization since we're a small company. It allows employees to communicate their time ins and outs, request PTOs, and keeps track of their timesheets, and any office updates like employee handbooks.
  • Process our Quarterly Taxes.
  • Process our unemployment rates.
  • Sends reminders and inform employees of any time changes in payroll.
  • Limit one office device solely used for clocking in and out.
  • Or for employees' personal device to be tracked upon Wi-Fi connection as a clock in/out.
  • For the system to automatically let the team know someone's PTO has been approved, so that our Part-Time employee can take their spot.
Zenefits is definitely well-suited for small companies, probably because smaller companies are easier to manage. I've read that there are some complications if doing multiple locations under one company but I'm not there yet. We plan to set up another location, hopefully in the year 2021, and we'll continue with Zenefits anyway due to its ease of use.
  • no training
I've sent several questions to the Zenefits support team and they were responsive. [They were] fast, but if not, I usually got a reply within 24 hours. It would've been nice if they had the chat feature available 24/7 for any quick questions.
Jeanette Carroll | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've used it across our organization for HR and employee management. We were able to onboard employees and track their time worked, time off and performance reviews in some cases. The Time & Attendance and Time Off features are particularly helpful.
  • Tracks time worked
  • Tracks time off
  • Manages performance reviews
  • Tracks employee demographics and data
  • I'd like to see notifications when employees make changes to their information
  • Some of the app integrations could improve; but overall are pretty good
I think Zenefits is well suited for small companies. The platform is able to track data well and provides an easy platform for onboarding employees and for managing employee data, as well as tracking time and time off. The performance review module is particularly good, with templates and step by step instructions for both the employer and employee.
I've always had great experience with the client support, whether by chat, email or phone. The response time is pretty quick and the support is always professional and non confrontational. High marks to the support staff.
Zenefits used by the whole organization, even with the acquisition of two other companies, Zenefits made it easy to integrate our data into this people platform!
  • Reporting
  • Benefits Administration
  • Hiring
  • Business Administration has had glitches with our Healthcare provider
  • Pay Connect reporting would more helpful with dates to identify specific time period changes occurred
  • Zenefits does not guide user to Banks and Paychecks for Direct Deposit completion
One example where Zenefits excels in is the Hiring portion. If an employer is using a recruiting platform, it integrates with Zenefits to hire the candidate seamlessly. It imports all the necessary data into the information boxes as needed to hire easily!
November 12, 2021

Zenefits!!

We use Zenefits for payroll and insurance purposes. It works very very well for what we use it for. I clock in and out using the mobile app every day and love the convenience of it. Also, whenever I have any insurance or benefits questions I know I can find the resources I need and where I need to find them.
  • New insurance information is easy to access
  • Clocking in and out is very easy
  • Very secure and user friendly
  • Take a picture when you clock in and out from phone
  • Accessing third party information
I am traveling a lot for work and it is very easy to clock in and out from my cell phone. I love finding all of my personal information in one place, I can find my time off requests, pay stubs, and insurance info all in one convenient spot. They always ask for some security feature to access which is very nice.
  • no training
Very user-friendly and reliable.
Air Comm uses Zenefits for employees to access, update, and manage payroll information. The helps employees to have real-time access to their HR documents to make last-minute changes or obtain necessary documents.
  • User friendly
  • Responsive with questions
  • Secure
  • Allow for live tax forms and immediate updates to tax information from the app
I was applying for a personal loan on a Saturday afternoon and had [forgotten] to get copies of previous years' taxes and previous paystubs. Luckily I was able to log into Zenefits and get all the documentation I needed and forwarded [it] to the necessary parties.
Zenefits is used across the whole organization for HR/Payroll/
  • Their timecards are easy to read and use
  • It intertwines multiple different areas of business
  • The ability to clock in from multiple locations
  • Being able to upload payroll hours when you want to prior to payroll dead line
It makes HR/Payroll very easy and user friendly. Is a cost effective strategy to HR.
November 03, 2021

Zenefits Review

It is used across the whole organization. It allows us to retrieve all of our benefits information very easily. Gives us information when It comes to our pay as well. We are able to access It via our cell phones if we are on the go and it is very responsive.
  • Health insurance
  • Dental insurance
  • Payment information
  • Website could look a little better, it's kind of plain
It is very easy to get all your information when It comes to benefits and at my previous job It was not as easy and would always have to ask HR for information. Zenefits allows for me to look for all the information I need from my laptop or my cell phone.
November 01, 2021

Zenefits is a time saver

Mi-Hyen Valdez | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenefits is amazing! The integration and use of the site are very easy. The dashboard is very user-friendly and our employees love using it. All the add on such as payroll, benefits and time clock have made managing our rapidly growing company very easy. Would recommend Zenefits for all HR needs!
  • Integrating employee information from other payroll providers easy
  • Has great reporting to keep track of payroll and benefits
  • Has easy timeclock and PTO integration for tracking hours
  • Faster customer service response
  • Integration with more 3rd party apps
  • Easier employee garnishment tracking
Zenefits has a great payroll and timeclock system. The approval process for submitting hours and editing is easy and leaves very little room for errors. Being able to track where our employees are logging in from during this pandemic has been a great help.
Zenefits is an innovative tool for all of your HR needs. it is incredibly easy to use and intuitive, and everything you need as an employer or an employee is right at your fingertips. Updating your personal information is also extremely easy, and working for a mid-sized company, I have referred to the Organization Chart many times. Great software.
  • Updating bank information
  • Viewing sick / vacation days
  • Organization chart
  • Viewing and adjusting insurance information
  • Phone wait time
I am currently applying for a new apartment and accessing my financial information is super accessible and easy to get through Zenefits.
October 21, 2021

10 Stars

Zenefits is used in our company for our payment information, health insurance, and org chart. Employment history and Super simple and easy to use as a reference. I love the ease of access through the mobile app. Very convenient especially if you are not in front of your computer all the time. Thanks!
  • responsive
  • accurate
  • great newsletters
  • No complaints
Great for Payroll, health benefit information, org chart, employee info. History and new changes that need to be made. Super accessible and easy to use. People in customer service and chats are very helpful.
  • no training
I give it a 10 because of the support that Zenefits gives, very responsive and helpful.
We use Zenefits to process payroll and all aspects associated with payroll and payroll taxes. I use the platform to run all the necessary payroll reports needed by ownership. They handle the required tax filings.
  • Communicates well with reminders when tasks are required to be completed.
  • Process payroll bi-monthly
  • Keeps track of employee time and paid time off
  • The wait times to speak with a customer service representative was longer than expected.
Zenefits is a great payroll processing option for any size company.
Ann Mountjoy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Common Fibers utilizes Zenefits for Payroll and Time Tracking. It is being used [by] our whole organization. It streamlines employee time tracking, PTO, and HR, and makes Payroll processing stress-free. As the owner of a small business, anything that can help reduce my time on any given task means I have more [opportunities] to grow the business. Zenefits is one of the single biggest improvements to our HR process.
  • Employee Onboarding
  • Payroll Processing
  • Time Tracking
  • PDF Reporting
  • Log-In/Out Reminders
  • Faster Payroll Processing (
Zenefits is well suited for most of our HR needs from on-boarding employees to processing payroll. We haven't run into any areas where Zenefits hasn't been able to help us.
October 14, 2021

Zenefits Review

The system is easy to use and offers an app for your phone. My employees are able to track their time correctly, do their time off, and see paycheck and benefits information directly on their phone. The application is great for onboarding and is user friendly so my employees have no problem updating their tax, address, and other vital information! I highly recommend Zenefits!
  • Onboarding
  • Payroll
  • Time Tracking
  • Time Off
  • Reporting
  • Customer Support is small and has long wait times to talk to a representative
The system allows for all online onboarding allowing us to utilize the system for hiring during COVID. Employees are able to update their own information for banking, taxes, and addresses, which reduces paper and frees up human resources by reducing task-based functions.
We've been using Zenefits for 3+ years and considering we don't have a dedicated HR person in the office, it's made HR and benefits administration really easy. Employees are generally happy with how easy the website is to use and as an administrator, everything feels intuitive and easy to use as well!
  • Wide range of offerings
  • Reasonable price
  • Faster customer response time
It's easy to use for a small organization like us!
Zenefits is the platform to handle the entire company's payroll, employee record keeping, new hire onboarding, and track employee vacation/sick days. Zenefits allowed us to migrate from an aging payroll platform to a more robust and scalable payroll solution.
  • Payroll Processing
  • New hire onboarding
  • Cloud-based employee recordkeeping
  • Chat feature for a live Zenefits rep
  • Phone number for a help line
  • More functionality on mobile app
We researched multiple options for an all-encompassing online solution for payroll processing and human resources recordkeeping and decided on Zenefits almost two years ago. We couldn't be happier - Zenefits allowed us to handle all HR needs including payroll processing and new hire onboarding efficiently and at a reasonable cost.
Lisa Scrivner, MS, BCC | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses Zenefits for payroll, including time and attendance and processing time off requests. Additionally, we use it for all human resources management functions - hiring, onboarding, terminations, and benefits enrollment. It has streamlined our HR processes and enhanced our ability to handle HR issues through a digital platform. No more shuffling paper for requests and approvals of basic human resource functions. It is a great value for small organizations.
  • payroll processing
  • time off requests and approvals
  • time and attendance for hourly employees
  • dedicated customer service rep
Reasonably priced solution for small organizations.