Support for Agile Methodology (5)
Team Collaboration (5)
Task Management (5)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ZenHub, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- $10 per userRequired
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $7.95 per month per user
What is ZenHub?
ZenHub is a productivity and project management platform for agile software teams. ZenHub aims to enable software development teams at high-growth organizations and open source projects to build better code more quickly. ZenHub connects the dots across all teams with automated agile features, real-time roadmap visibility, and team productivity insights. More than 7,000 disruptive teams worldwide rely on ZenHub to ship great code faster.
What is ZenHub used for?
Software development teams use ZenHub’s productivity and project management platform to ship better code faster. Zenhub keeps teams aligned, productive, and working towards a common goal by providing a unified view of project progress. ZenHub helps teams get more done by automating repetitive, mundane tasks, helping them improve focus and velocity. Using automated planning and estimation tools, teams can project completion dates and ship planned work on time.
Problems ZenHub Solves:
> Improve communication and alignment between developers and business stakeholders
> Limit scope creep and budget overruns
> Enable asynchronous work and reduce the need for meetings
> Facilitate Agile processes and ceremonies within GitHub
> Reduce context switching
> Reduce repetitive and manual tasks
> Generate unbiased and asynchronous estimations
Advantages of using ZenHub:
> Flexible, competitive pricing that keeps projects within scope and budget
> Fast, simple onboarding with one interface and zero-config
> Project management that reduces overhead and context switching
> Suggestions and tips for adopting agile ceremonies (sprints, epics, estimates)
> Unified workflow and better visualization through multi-repo boards
> Improved developer-business communication and alignment with Roadmaps
> Workflow automation through automated sprint planning and hand-offs
> Asynchronous and effortless estimations through Planning Poker
> Code-development-driven reports help ship projects in scope and on time
> Web app and extension offer interface of choice to keep focus and minimize context switching.
- Supported: Task Management
- Supported: Gantt Charts
- Supported: Workflow Automation
- Supported: Team Collaboration
- Supported: Support for Agile Methodology
- Supported: Automation Features
- Supported: Reporting Features
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
|Supported Countries||North America, Europe, and Japan|
- Integration with GitHub.
- Great Kanban board functionality.
- A way to display a read-only Kanban/Scrum board for corporate use. Currently, you must have an account to view a board.
- While the reporting features are good, it would be great to have some updated Scrum sprint tools to assist with estimating and the like.
- Makes it very easy to get a high-level overview of sprints and sprint progress, creates burndown charts, etc
- UX is top notch, almost everything works intuitively
- You can create issues and epics right from the interface, basically all github issue functionality is available through zenbhub
- Embeds into github using an extension so you don't need an external site
- Free starter plan good to test and for small dev teams
- Mobile experience is hard as it's a board layout. Could use a dedicated app.
- Has some UX quirks that rear their heads randomly, i.e. can't convert an issue to an epic if you click the wrong button when creating
- May have recently moved to all-paid for companies with a 14 day trial, used to be free for small teams
If you're only one or two devs on a team it may be overkill to use, but if you're going to scale it's better to put the process in early.
- ZenHub has a lot of basic functionality, so that limits the complexity of the application
- The ability to provide user defined labels and customize pipelines provides flexibility
- The integration with GitHub provides a seamless process
- The software seems to at times have hiccups, and is not accessible
- The software sometimes throws errors that it can't do something, or save, and you can't determine why, and typically need to start over
- The admin type functions/entering values, codes, projects, releases, those sorts of things, do not seem to be logically located
- Project organization.
- Notifications on board changes for better tracking.
- Looking at other boards.
- Nothing to add here so far.
- ZenHub continually adds to its reporting suite-- that truly allows you to track forward motion and see what issues may be the cause of any delays.
- Both our technical and non-technical staff can understand and use the functionality.
- We like the flexibility of being able to provide labels to our stories that can be customized to the way our company does things--- such as knowing if an epic is part of a module or a stream.
- We also like the flexibility of the number and labeling of the pipelines--- again, very adaptable to our organization.
- The filtering is very useful--- with and/or conditions, and allows people on different projects, doing different functions, an easy way to view what is important to them.
- We would really like the ability to get detailed level reporting by issue.
- We would like the ability to better view hierarchically epics and their sub epics.
- when creating an issue, it always defaults to a particular repository, which often isnt the one you want. would be better off if you could specify what you want as your default---- or just leave it empty so you have to pick, since it is cumbersome to have to move to the one you really wanted.
- A template library for issue content.