Zenkit Reviews

February 04, 2020
Patrick Szabo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Since we are running a decentralized office structure, with people all over the country all working on the same projects, we were looking for a tool to make collaborative efforts easier. After looking into multiple options, we stuck with Zenkit because it provided most of the tools that were needed for us. The flexibility of using different collections and workspaces makes it a perfect option to coordinate customers, sharing communication with them and managing ongoing projects.
  • Collaborating with colleagues in different places.
  • Can be optimized and personalized for different use cases.
  • File management or integrating external tools for file management could be better.
Zenkit is a good tool to manage your own projects and sharing progress with colleagues. If you are looking for a tool to accomplish this use case, Zenkit would be my first recommendation.
While I never had to interact with it myself, whenever an issue presented itself and colleagues had to interact with the support, there always was a fast solution and I never heard any complaints about the interactions.
Read Patrick Szabo's full review
January 28, 2020
Jessica Ludwig | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it in all departments. We organize our customers, leads and, products in one area of Zenkit. On the other hand, we have collections for each project, so we can handle all tasks in an efficient way. We used the default template at first and transformed it into something that fits us better, but it was a great help to learn the functionalities.
  • Helps remote collaboration.
  • Zenkit can be individually organized and built to fit your needs.
  • Linking two collections of different workspaces.
  • Sometimes a bit slow.
I like to manage tasks and projects with Zenkit. I can use the comment section to discuss specific tasks with my colleagues and can see the progress. If the project is large, it's sometimes hard to keep the overview in focus.
The support is always friendly and offers fast solutions if possible. Bugs were removed in the next hours after contacting the support. They have also a lot of tutorials and great documentation.
Read Jessica Ludwig's full review
January 28, 2020
Dr. Marcel Gültig | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zenkit throughout our startup for various tasks. The main use-case is project planning in a SCRUM-like setting (Kanban). We have all our customer and internal projects (strongly engineering focussed) on there. Additionally, we use it for lead-generating, idea-generation, execution-board, address-book, and for documenting our development results.
  • Customizable fields for items (adding dependencies, dates, documentation)
  • Flexibility in display (Different views, amount of displayed detail)
  • It is best you have an idea on what you want as there is no strong predefined structure.
Zenkit works extremely well if you are unhappy with other planning tools like Trello or Asana or ToDo apps like Wunderlist. When they bother you because of limitations in their structure then Zenkit is the best tool I know. You can fully customize all the item properties by adding as much additional fields as you want. So you can add additional documentation, fields for start and due-dates, responsible persons, Project-IDs, Topic-IDs, dependencies, ...

If you are searching for a tool where you have a very structured unflexible work-flow, Zenkit will not be for you.

Zenkit really shines when it comes to flexibility and therefore can be used for an extreme variety of tasks, tailored to your needs.
I am really satisfied with the support. You normally get a response in less than a day. Also there are a lot of video-tutorials for different features.
Read Dr. Marcel Gültig's full review
November 29, 2019
Matt Seilback | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Zenkit for managing tasks and projects. However, I've stopped using it in favor of management software used by more people in the company. It was good for my needs but had some deficiencies and others didn't want to join on since they used the other management software already.
  • Task organization.
  • Multiple ways to view the tasks.
  • Has a separate desktop application.
  • I could never get the notifications to work properly.
  • Sometimes the desktop app crashed.
Zenkit is a decent task management software system that is good for managing tasks within a team. It is fairly user-friendly but didn't provide the support that I needed in order to get reminders to work. I like having reminders of due dates for myself or others. While I still have the software loaded on my computer, I've migrated to another one so I haven't returned to it recently.
I couldn't seem to find a good way to get in touch with Zenkit, other than user forums. When searching for a way to add reminder alerts in, I found some help in the forum but no support directly from Zenkit. The forums had some ideas as to how to get the reminders working but, ultimately, I couldn't get it to work for me.
Read Matt Seilback's full review
February 04, 2020
Damoon Rastegar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenkit is being used across the whole company. It's used to define the tasks as packages to be accomplished by different workgroups or people in the framework of our projects.
  • It helps to define the tasks clearly based on the available tools and options.
  • It makes it easy to follow what has been accomplished and what is needed to be done using a multi-level categorizing system.
  • Providing an API that could help to generate or read the packages automatically could be helpful.
If you have a well-defined task with known steps to be taken, Zenkit is really a capable project management tool.
Whenever we had a problem, we could get an answer from support in a short amount of time. However, we rarely have to ask for help from support.
Read Damoon Rastegar's full review
September 13, 2018
Hoang Lo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zenkit provides you with the right tools for your tasks. It has flexible features, like the ability to set your own views. You can choose different views like Kanban board, list view or spreadsheet, and more. Zenkit combines elements of several top software of its kind. It's like an all-in-one, and it's free. Its free version has useful and effective features that other paid apps have. Zenkit also integrates with Zapier and other software.
  • Flexible and multiple views for you to customize - List view, Kanban board, Calendar, Spreadsheet and more
  • Zenkit integrates with Zapier and other software.
  • Great support - they replied in good time
  • There are some instances where the dashboard gets laggy and buggy. But goes back to normal in a few minutes
  • Integrations still not that advanced--but there's still room for improvement
  • Not recommended for teams with more than 6 people-- you will need to upgrade your account to Premium.
Recommend for startups, as they have a free plan for you, and a premium one if you have a mid size team.
You won't get headache if you run into a problem because they have their active support to help you.
Zenkit will make your process and job easier. You can customize whatever you want
Read Hoang Lo's full review
January 19, 2018
Vince McConville | TrustRadius Reviewer
With the news that Trello was acquired by Atlassian last year, I decided to look at alternatives and came across Zenkit which is Trello on steroids. I use Trello in my business to manage my Sales Pipeline, Projects, and tasks and have mirrored this in Zenkit for the past year with the aim of moving totally to Zenkit once they developed an android app which they have now done. Zenkit addressed all the needs that Trello fulfilled and more. So I use it as a brain dump, help with task planning, managing strategic goals, pipeline & project management with the added bonus that I can now do this via the App.
  • Multiple Views - Kanban.Cards, Lists, Tables & even Mindmaps
  • Addition of custom fields which included numbers
  • In table view this can be filtered & numbered fields can have totals at the top.
  • Zenkit has handy pre-buitl templates for different kinds of use such a CRM
  • Has the ability to change field content across cards via bulk action. Neat!
  • Can have formulas in Cutom fields
  • Calander syncs to Google calendar
  • Can bulk import Trello lists & cards easily
  • App sometimes a wee bit slow to sync but this has improved
  • Would like ability to reorder the position of a custom field in the card
  • Currently can't link emails to cards as in other CRM systems (ie use a bcc dropbox email address)
Well suited to most small business productivity requirements. Can be used as a basic CRM, used to manage projects. There are even use case templates for ERP, Inventory & Order Management, Document Management & HR. So in the absence of software covering these business functions in a business, they could use Zenkit to manage these simple processes at a bargain price (Free or $9per user per month depending on subscription).
Less appropriate if you have more complex business process requirements.
Read Vince McConville's full review

Task Management (7)
9.6
Scheduling (7)
Workflow Automation (6)
5.5
Team Collaboration (7)
Support for Agile Methodology (6)
Document Management (6)
6.3
Mobile Access (7)
Budget and Expense Management (5)
Project & financial reporting (5)

What is Zenkit?

Zenkit is a collaborative SaaS platform for project management, database building and more. This solution enables users to follow their data through its entire lifecycle.

Zenkit allows users to manage their data in any way they need to – build their own CRM, reporting system, or financial planner. Users can share their data and assign tasks to colleagues.