- Prospecting: While the prospecting feature of Apollo can be a little overwhelming, the sheer number of prospects and the available search criteria are superb. One reason this sticks out from other lists is that these are constantly updated, we can flag any incorrect info, and we are reimbursed if an email address is incorrect (and they have a 97% deliverability).
- Email functionality: Their email drip campaign functionality is relatively similar to that of other similar platforms, however they're constantly adding new features and tweaks.
- Willingness to work with our ideas: There have been a number of instances where we've asked for a feature that doesn't yet exist and they've actually built it for us, which has been amazing.
- Job change trigger: Within Apollo there is a way to search for people who have recently started new jobs, an important lead trigger in our industry. Unfortunately, the information is typically incorrect or misleading, so we have to doublecheck the information elsewhere.
- Overwhelming: The tool can be a bit overwhelming because there is just so much there to use. It takes some time to get really used to the tool, and even at that point there are often other features that we aren't even fully using, like the plethora of reports that are available.
- Manage outreach - a prospect is put into a sequence of 30 days and emails can be automatic, and you are alerted when it is time to call, etc
- Pulling information from LinkedIn when sourcing - saves time on manually inputting data
- Sourcing in-app - being able to find leads not in LinkedIn
- Stability issues - recently switched from Azure to Google cloud
- Data entry delay - about 10% of the time it can lag up to a day when adding info to salesforce
- Data being dropped between app and Salesforce - 2% of the time it will not add info to salesforce
- Allows users to easily add new prospects to database without much manual effort at all
- Allows you to make cold calls from different area codes that are relevant to where your prospect is located
- Allows A/B testing for emails so you can figure out which ones are gaining the most traction
- You can also find prospects based off of title, company, technologies, etc
- Their reliability has been an issue for our team. The product has been down multiple times since I've been a user.
- Some times prospects titles/roles are out of date, so keeping up with those a bit more would be helpful during sourcing
- I've received a lot of spam calls that are completely irrelevant to me, but it comes down to an issue on their side with using so many numbers from different area codes. This was a major pain in the beginning, but has subsided a bit.
- Provides verified emails
- Integrates well with your CRM
- Filters contacts by revenue, size, job title, etc.
- Could use more background on the companies that they provide
- Would be useful if they provided the copywriting for email sequences
- Make it easier to switch whether individual contacts can be put into CRM or not
- Handling multi-step outreach sequences -> email -> phone call reminder -> LinkedIn addition -> follow up email -> leave voicemail -> break up email
- Finding new accounts & contacts to reach out to
- Having easy to understand reporting for how your messaging is converting into meetings
- Reporting which messages ultimately lead to a closed opportunity
- Syncing with other CRMs (happening soon from what I've heard)
- Improving how to find similar companies (happening soon from what I've heard)
- The fact that leads you prospect within the system automatically won't be prospected in the future is pretty awesome. That makes prospecting a lot easier, and ultimately solves the problem of double prospecting someone.
- Their lead data is quite good, and the amount of bounces was very minimal. Better accuracy than manually list building, and you could often times get a long list of leads within the data just by requesting it.
- They also have a lot of leads so if you're in a generic business space and have broad targets, it'd be hard to run out.
- Their customer service is just terrible. You get an assigned account manager but 9/10 times they wouldn't know what you wanted and/or how the product works or how to fix it. Vast majority of the time it was a canned response that made you question if they read the message, or if they read it and did not understand a word.
- The software was relatively buggy and lacked features that were promised upon signup. They seem to have some large corporate clients and if you aren't one none of your bug submissions, feature requests, or concerns will be addressed.
- Their growing quickly so they seem to be very understaffed which I believe caused many of the issues above.
- The data, while good, can quickly run out if you're looking for specific types of leads. If you're looking for something generic like Managers at companies between 10-5000 people, you can pull leads all day every day. However if you're looking for a specific industry, specific title, and specific location - don't count on having an endless supply of leads (or even really enough to use month after month).
However, if you have really specific markets you prospect, and have used good outbound prospecting platforms in the past, prepare yourself to deal with buggy software, a frustrating customer service team, and a lack of leads over time. They also won't hesitate to screw you on price, loyalty as a customer doesn't really seem to mean anything to them.
Apollo Scorecard Summary
According to the vendor, Apollo accelerates the growth and success of your entire sales org with the first truly reliable, scalable revenue engine and account-based sales platform. We’ve created the solution for the persistent pain that reps aren’t sending the right messages, to the right people, at the right time despite the three to six sales point solutions they use each day.
Managers and reps alike can trust our unified platform, which includes an up-to-date database of 200M+ contacts, a full engagement stack, and the industry’s only advanced Rules Engine and fully custom Analytics suite. Reps get a platform with their team’s best practices built in, so they can focus on selling, and managers can build strategies based on advanced revenue data, not guesswork.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.
Apollo Technical Details