Zimbra offers social collaboration software.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/yZ/D6/T7XOAQKGZVRA.PNGMy Experience with ZimbraZimbra is being used across our whole organization. It solves the problem of communication. At a moment's notice I can communicate with my entire team. They can receive my mail on their phones, tablets, laptops and desk tops, no matter where they are in the building. I also use it for getting paper records to essential team members by scanning them to their email.,One example of something that Zimbra does particularly well is the capacity available to attach large files, up to 25MB. For me, this is a strength as it allows me to email medical records files instead of printing them. This saves my department the cost of ink, paper and shipping. The calendar sharing feature of Zimbra is also a strength because with it, the IDT team are all on the same page. This is critical for maintaining compliance with CMS regulations regarding MDS assessments. I utilize our shared calendar to perform quarterly audits of the IDT team. I particularly like the auto search when entering the contact who will be receiving an email, this saves key strokes and time.,I am quite satisfied with the features that I currently use. I am an advanced user, not an expert.,8,Since all of our ROI studies and strategies are performed at the corporate level, I'm really not sure what positive or negative impacts Zimbra has had on our overall business objectives. I can say that at least one positive impact it has on my business objectives, in the medical record department, is the ability to be as paperless as possible.,Relias Learning Management SystemZimbra - Powerful and reliable collaboration suiteWe use Zimbra to increase collaboration using e-mail communication, file sharing, task control, invitation for events, etc, for everybody in our company using multi domains and several dedicated servers. We have distinct user types and with Zimbra we can address specific necessities of each one. We use Zimbra in an University and email are fundamental here. Zimbra allowed us a way to increase the collaboration between teachers, students, and even our workers, allowing them to share files, their agenda, and any information to improve their work.,You can share your mail folders, contact and task lists, work together on a text file, all that defining what kind of level of share a person can have, from view to full control of it. Great search engine that allows you to search even inside some types of archives (pdf, txt, etc). And in the paid version, you have a working backup system. Supports external connectivity like IMAP/POP. Multi language support and possibility to expand it using plugins are also available. Supports several platforms and you can use the one that you are most familiar like Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, Suse, etc. Support external authentication (LDAP).,User web interface could be more friendly, but it is enough for daily use. It could be renewed and has to consider some usability concerns. Improving usability would significantly improve users' satisfaction. Message backup recovery is not a simple activity. As an administrator, some of the features work better using the command-line interface. The webclient uses ajax requests in almost every event. Because of that you may need a fast internet connection to have a good experience. You can switch to HTML version but it will limit what you can do.,8,In our work place (University), we have a lot of projects running at the same time. So Zimbra help us to keep on track of everything by allocating specific users to specific projects. We have increased significantly our productivity. People rely in our infrastructure to communicate and collaborate with each other.,Microsoft ExchangeZimbra - used to be great, still good, could be great again.We use Zimbra for all faculty/staff email accounts. We use it for individual email accounts as well as a large number of shared email accounts for departments or programs. We find the shared accounts to be especially useful for how we do business. We primarily use the web interface instead of a desktop client like Outlook. Most employees that use mobile access on their devices access Zimbra with the iOS or Android built-in Exchange/ActiveSync clients.,Zimbra's web interface is second to none. It is better for most than even thick clients like Outlook. It provides a consistent experience across platforms so we don't have to worry about Mac vs. PC for how it works. It is relatively easy to maintain and administer, and far less complex than other locally hosted environments like Exchange. It has a powerful scripting interface, and a RESTful API that makes it easy to write scripts to manage accounts.,Zimbra needs to get their act together with their multi-server environment. It is long past when they initially announced their "Project Always On", which would allow accounts to be hosted on multiple mailbox servers at a time for high availability. The need to work on their bugs. The product releases have been significantly buggier since the 7.x era. Upgrading from 7.x to 8.0.9 introduced a lot of problems. Later releases fixed some, but caused others. Our experience with technical support staff from Zimbra is not what it used to be. They used to have one of the best technical support groups, but our experiences with them in the past two years haven't been as positive.,6,Zimbra has a really easy to use, though still powerful web interface. This lets our users get up and running with it quickly after they start without having to offer training sessions. The scripting interface makes account management easy and powerful. We can easily setup per-department shares based on an employee's roles.,Office 365, Google Apps, Groupwise and Communigate,Tripwire Enterprise, Rapid7 NeXpose, Metasploit, Atlassian Confluence, JIRA Software, HipChat,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was minimal,Setting up the multiserver architecture Setting up load balancing (without losing the real user's IP address for logging purposes) Working the kinks out of the migration tool (from Groupwise to Zimbra) and finding a tool for our other email system (CommuniGate),8
Zimbra

Zimbra Reviews

Zimbra
Filter 16 vetted Zimbra reviews and ratings
Sam Massanopoli, RHIT Superstar profile photo
August 27, 2018

User Review: "My Experience with Zimbra"

• One example of something that Zimbra does particularly well is the capacity available to attach large files, up to 25MB. For me, this is a strength as it allows me to email medical records files instead of printing them. This saves my department the cost of ink, paper and shipping.
  • The calendar sharing feature of Zimbra is also a strength because with it, the IDT team are all on the same page. This is critical for maintaining compliance with CMS regulations regarding MDS assessments. I utilize our shared calendar to perform quarterly audits of the IDT team.
  • I particularly like the auto search when entering the contact who will be receiving an email, this saves key strokes and time.
  • I am quite satisfied with the features that I currently use. I am an advanced user, not an expert.
Zimbra is well suited as a communication tool. I also use it for data storage and data sharing. It is easy to create distribution groups and make changes to the signature line. I'm hard pressed to come up with any scenarios where it is less appropriate.
Read Sam Massanopoli, RHIT Superstar's full review
Vinicius Lima profile photo
March 31, 2017

Review: "Zimbra - Powerful and reliable collaboration suite"

• You can share your mail folders, contact and task lists, work together on a text file, all that defining what kind of level of share a person can have, from view to full control of it.
  • Great search engine that allows you to search even inside some types of archives (pdf, txt, etc). And in the paid version, you have a working backup system.
  • Supports external connectivity like IMAP/POP.
  • Multi language support and possibility to expand it using plugins are also available.
  • Supports several platforms and you can use the one that you are most familiar like Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS, Suse, etc.
  • Support external authentication (LDAP).
  • User web interface could be more friendly, but it is enough for daily use. It could be renewed and has to consider some usability concerns. Improving usability would significantly improve users' satisfaction.
  • Message backup recovery is not a simple activity.
  • As an administrator, some of the features work better using the command-line interface.
  • The webclient uses ajax requests in almost every event. Because of that you may need a fast internet connection to have a good experience. You can switch to HTML version but it will limit what you can do.
Zimbra is well suited to environments that need a collaboration suite to improve users' and teams' integration and productivity. You can rely on Zimbra Collaboration Suite features to work together in different projects without messing things up. Keeping everything organized is very important in these situations.

If you have a large environment you will probably feel that Zimbra administration can be difficult. You have to use a lot of command-line integration to configure it properly and to maintain routines. So be prepared to do that. If you want more friendly administrative tools Zimbra may not be totally suitable to your needs.
Read Vinicius Lima's full review
Paul Chauvet profile photo
July 29, 2016

Review: "Zimbra - used to be great, still good, could be great again."

• Zimbra's web interface is second to none. It is better for most than even thick clients like Outlook. It provides a consistent experience across platforms so we don't have to worry about Mac vs. PC for how it works.
  • It is relatively easy to maintain and administer, and far less complex than other locally hosted environments like Exchange.
  • It has a powerful scripting interface, and a RESTful API that makes it easy to write scripts to manage accounts.
  • Zimbra needs to get their act together with their multi-server environment. It is long past when they initially announced their "Project Always On", which would allow accounts to be hosted on multiple mailbox servers at a time for high availability.
  • The need to work on their bugs. The product releases have been significantly buggier since the 7.x era. Upgrading from 7.x to 8.0.9 introduced a lot of problems. Later releases fixed some, but caused others.
  • Our experience with technical support staff from Zimbra is not what it used to be. They used to have one of the best technical support groups, but our experiences with them in the past two years haven't been as positive.
Zimbra is great for an email system for a medium or large organization with appropriate IT staffing. The system is easy to use for end-users, and has a fantastic web interface. Unfortunately, it is overly complex, when considering staffing requirements and price, when compared with Office 365 or Google Apps for smaller organizations. For other education customers, it is hard to compete with Microsoft and Google providing their services for "Free" now though.
Read Paul Chauvet's full review

Task Management (3)
Scheduling (3)
Mobile Access (3)
Search (3)
Visual planning tools (1)
Chat (2)
9.8
Notifications (2)
Discussions (2)
Internal knowledgebase (1)
Integrates with GoToMeeting (1)
Integrates with Outlook (1)
Versioning (2)
Video files (2)
Audio files (2)
Document collaboration (2)
Access control (2)
9.6
Advanced security features (3)
Device sync (1)

About Zimbra

Zimbra offers social collaboration software.