https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/fi/Va/HA6KVOEHH5QN.PNGPerfect for small and medium businessesI help run/advise several non-profits. While not managing huge budgets, we do have expenses and invoices that we need to regularly take care of responsibly. ZipBooks has a slick user interface which makes it easy to adopt without any real learning curve. It also seems like there are regular new features and it's an amazing price point.,No learning curve. It's easy to get in and start using right away. Invoicing is easy to set up and track. Regular improvements to the product and great customer service.,Not quite as full featured yet as Quickbooks but still does what it needs to.,10,Easy to manage; low overhead. Quick to get out and track invoices.,I love ZipBooks! Easy to use, beautiful invoices, and a solid time tracker.I love the fact that I can set up and send an invoice in a few minutes, pulling in existing products and services (complete with description). The addition of a time tracker was unexpected and very appreciated! I use it to keep track of the hours spent on certain projects with those clients that prefer hourly payment over per-project pricing. ZipBooks also allows for past hours tracked that are unpaid to be automatically pulled into a new or an existing invoice, making it super simple to make sure everything is included in an invoice before sending it off. The invoices are simple, clean, beautiful and there is an "include PDF" option when sending out the invoice to clients (for those that prefer to print out and save their invoices). The customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful. It's still a relatively new software, and I was one of the early adopters, so there were a few minor bugs and quirks in the past. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the roadmap for the future of the app looks very bright! ZipBooks primary benefit for me is that it saves me TIME. I don't need to spend 15-20 minutes fiddling around with layout, service descriptions, tax and email settings to get an invoice to the right person. On top of that, the invoices are simple, clean and beautiful, holding to the same high quality of my brand.,Invoicing is particularly easy-to-use, quick, clean and beautiful. GREAT for branding. The time tracker was unexpected, but very useful and integrates well with the invoicing. Leads to quick invoicing every time. Customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful. Although they are a new company, they are definitely on the right track! I recommend this software to clients, colleagues, and friends alike, mostly for it quick and beautiful invoicing. They do what they can to live up to their name! It doesn't take very long to get set up, or very long to create a complete invoice and send it to the right person.,I was an early adopter, and with this company and software being relatively new, I got to see a few minor bugs and quirks over the last year. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the future is bright for this startup!,10,ZipBooks is entirely affordable, and with my current $15/mo payments, I get ROI pretty quickly. Invoices are simple and easy to make, while staying beautiful and functional at the same time. This saves me TIME, which means that I don't need to spend 15-20 minutes fiddling with the software to make it do what I want it to do. It just works. And that means, I can spend more time doing client work, and managing projects and sales.,PayPal and PayPal Here,SiteGround Web Hosting, Drip from Leadpages, Microsoft Office 365, Acuity SchedulingZip with ZipBooks very reasonablyWe use Zipbooks for all of InUPress' accounting as well as accounts for two other businesses. Zipbooks supported our needs at a simplicity and easy price point we needed while offering the easy access to customer service support we desired.,Three are three main strengths to zipbooks, number one for us is the inclusiveness yet simplicity. Number two and a very strong point with Zipbooks is the quick ease of customer support. The third point that sells us on Zipbooks is its price point for the service.,There is some difficulty with a need to learn the use of the menus, they are not open and click, at the moment, the user needs to open the menu then using the pad keys scroll down and use enter to select from the drop-down menu. A mouse does not work.,9,I don't have a ROI for the use of Zipbooks though it has helped greatly with organizing for taxes. Our economy here has been so volatile for three years with deep dips down, that no software can aid in support the financial health other than to track the expenses and income and watch the balance to observe.,,Adobe Acrobat DC, Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox for BusinessZipBooks - the perfect solution for freelance and small business.I have used ZipBooks to manage my freelance contracts. They have helped by creating professional invoices that I am proud to use. They help me manage my contracts and give me reminders to better suit my business. I highly recommend ZipBooks to those who are looking to freelance.,The user experience is easily the best I have seen with any invoicing software. They create clean, professional invoice templates. They make setting up and managing projects easy.,Add support for alternative payment through ZipBooks,10,None,QuickBooks OnlineEnd your search for better accounting software right now… ZipBooksWe are using ZipBooks as a direct replacement to QuickBooks. The upcoming mobile app and the web app both work together in a seamlessly simple way. Beautiful P&LTax compatible with my CPAso easy to use and intuitive... no need to reference the Help docs.There aren't many apps in the world that I "LOVE" but this one is at the tip top of my "gotta have it" list.,works well with my CPA simple and easy to use beautiful interface,could use advanced search,10,difficult to quantify a number in my line of business,Quickbooks, Quicken, Xero and Accounting by Wave
ZipBooks

ZipBooks Reviews

ZipBooks
Filter 11 vetted ZipBooks reviews and ratings
Dave Grow profile photo
August 23, 2017

ZipBooks Review: "Perfect for small and medium businesses"

• No learning curve. It's easy to get in and start using right away.
  • Invoicing is easy to set up and track.
  • Regular improvements to the product and great customer service.
  • Not quite as full featured yet as Quickbooks but still does what it needs to.
ZipBooks is really strong for small businesses (and non-profits like the ones I help manage). It may not yet be ready to handle medium or large businesses given the deep, niche functionality that is sometimes required in those cases.
Read Dave Grow's full review
Diego Lucero profile photo
August 15, 2017

Review: "I love ZipBooks! Easy to use, beautiful invoices, and a solid time tracker."

• Invoicing is particularly easy-to-use, quick, clean and beautiful. GREAT for branding.
  • The time tracker was unexpected, but very useful and integrates well with the invoicing. Leads to quick invoicing every time.
  • Customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful.
  • Although they are a new company, they are definitely on the right track!
  • I recommend this software to clients, colleagues, and friends alike, mostly for it quick and beautiful invoicing.
  • They do what they can to live up to their name! It doesn't take very long to get set up, or very long to create a complete invoice and send it to the right person.
  • I was an early adopter, and with this company and software being relatively new, I got to see a few minor bugs and quirks over the last year. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the future is bright for this startup!
Small businesses are well suited for this software, as their pricing is very affordable. they have a FREE FOREVER Starter plan, for those that are bootstrapped with little cash. I'm on the $15/mo Smarter Plan, and it's perfect for my little boutique agency's needs.
Read Diego Lucero's full review
Kenneth Shumaker profile photo
August 15, 2017

User Review: "Zip with ZipBooks very reasonably"

• Three are three main strengths to zipbooks, number one for us is the inclusiveness yet simplicity.
  • Number two and a very strong point with Zipbooks is the quick ease of customer support.
  • The third point that sells us on Zipbooks is its price point for the service.
  • There is some difficulty with a need to learn the use of the menus, they are not open and click, at the moment, the user needs to open the menu then using the pad keys scroll down and use enter to select from the drop-down menu. A mouse does not work.
Zipbooks is greatly suited to low finance smaller businesses or individuals who don't want overly complicated accounting software. But with that in mind as I've been with Zipbooks, over the years they have grown the software expanding the products functions and abilities greatly. Improving present features and taking care of any issues users find, quickly. I see a future with more added features, like possibly customized software for customers, or better menu functions. I speak with customer service reps easily and have no worries consulting with them when I have a question regarding the software and they do listen, asking relevant questions when needing clarification.
Read Kenneth Shumaker's full review
Steve Fisher profile photo
August 15, 2017

Review: "ZipBooks - the perfect solution for freelance and small business."

• The user experience is easily the best I have seen with any invoicing software.
  • They create clean, professional invoice templates.
  • They make setting up and managing projects easy.
  • Add support for alternative payment through ZipBooks
Definitely for freelance, and small businesses. I imagine it being more difficult when you begin to have many people managing contracts.
Read Steve Fisher's full review
Joel Harrison profile photo
March 14, 2016

Review: "End your search for better accounting software right now… ZipBooks"

We are using ZipBooks as a direct replacement to QuickBooks.
  • Beautiful P&L
  • Tax compatible with my CPA
  • so easy to use and intuitive... no need to reference the Help docs.
  • works well with my CPA
  • simple and easy to use
  • beautiful interface
  • could use advanced search
Read Joel Harrison's full review

ZipBooks Scorecard Summary

API for custom integration (2)
Plug-ins (1)
Single sign-on capability (4)
9.7
Role-based user permissions (4)
Dashboards (5)
Standard reports (5)
Accounts receivable (4)
9.4
Expense management (4)
9.4
Time tracking (5)
Multi-currency support (2)
Credit card processing (5)
9.6
Cost of goods sold (2)

About ZipBooks

ZipBooks is an accounting software solution. Users can track expenses, manage their team, send recurring invoices and manage projects.

ZipBooks Features

General Ledger and Configurable Accounting Features
Does not have featureAccounts payable
Has featureAccounts receivable
Does not have featureCash management
Does not have featureBank reconciliation
Has featureExpense management
Has featureTime tracking
Does not have featureFixed asset management
Has featureMulti-currency support
Does not have featureMulti-division support
Does not have featureRegulations compliance
Does not have featureElectronic tax filing
Does not have featureSelf-service portal
Does not have featureGlobal Financial Support
Does not have featurePrimary and Secondary Ledgers
Does not have featureIntercompany Accounting
Does not have featureLocalizations
Does not have featureJournals and Reconciliations
Does not have featureEnterprise Accounting
Does not have featureConfigurable Accounting
Does not have featureCentralized Rules Framework
Does not have featureStandardized Processes
Inventory Management Features
Does not have featureInventory tracking
Does not have featureAutomatic reordering
Does not have featureLocation management
Does not have featureManufacturing module
Order Management Features
Does not have featurePricing
Does not have featureOrder entry
Has featureCredit card processing
Has featureCost of goods sold
Does not have featureOrder Orchestration
Does not have featureEnd-to-end order visibility
Does not have featureOrder exception Resolution
Payroll Management Features
Does not have featurePay calculation
Does not have featureBenefit plan administration
Does not have featureDirect deposit files
Does not have featureSalary revision and increment management
Does not have featureReimbursement management
Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Does not have featureCustom reports
Customization Features
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Has featurePlug-ins
Security Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions
Has featureSingle sign-on capability
Does not have featureMulti-factor authentication
Does not have featureUser-level audit trail
Accounting Firm BPO Features Features
Does not have featureBranded client dashboards
Does not have featureClient data roll-up capabilities
Does not have featureClient data consolidation for benchmarking
Does not have featureConfigurable alerts
Does not have featureBilling bypass
Does not have featureClient template cloning
Does not have featureSingle sign-on
Does not have featureConfigurable client onboarding questions
Does not have featureCross-client workflow management
Does not have featureIndustry-specific versioning
Does not have featureLegacy system data migration
Has featureInvoice financing

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
ZipBooks$0Unlimited

ZipBooks Customer Size Distribution

Enterprises (> 500 employees)Enterprises (> 500 employees)

ZipBooks Support Options