What is ZipBooks?

ZipBooks is an accounting software solution for small business owners and accountants. Users can track expenses, manage their team, send recurring invoices and manage projects.

• Dashboards (6)
  • Standard reports (6)
    10.0
  • Credit card processing (6)
  • Time tracking (6)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ZipBooks, and make your voice heard!

ZipBooks Starter

$0

ZipBooks Smarter

$15

ZipBooks Sophisticated

$35

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://zipbooks.com/pricing

Product Demos

• Supported: Reputation management
  • Supported: Payroll integration
  • Supported: Bookkeeping services

ZipBooks Screenshots

Screenshot of ZipBooks DashboardScreenshot of ZipBooks TransactionsScreenshot of ZipBooks InvoicingScreenshot of ZipBooks Accountant Messaging

ZipBooks Video

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS
Supported CountriesUnited States, Canada
Supported LanguagesEnglish

FreshBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Wave Accounting are common alternatives for ZipBooks.

Reviewers rate Dashboards and Standard reports and Expense management highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of ZipBooks are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

Nicole (Burke) Rosario | TrustRadius Reviewer
We (The MOD Pros) use ZipBooks throughout our entire organization. Employees and contractors alike, track their time in the tool, we submit project estimates and invoices, use the reporting features to pay staff and prepare for taxes, etc. The tool is incredibly easy to use, very affordable, and accessible everywhere. I recommend it to small and growing businesses alike.
  • Time tracking.
  • Reporting (especially for taxes).
  • Populating + organizing time entries for invoices.
Small and growing businesses that are looking for a cost-effective and easy to use tool.
I help run/advise several non-profits. While not managing huge budgets, we do have expenses and invoices that we need to regularly take care of responsibly. ZipBooks has a slick user interface which makes it easy to adopt without any real learning curve. It also seems like there are regular new features and it's an amazing price point.
  • No learning curve. It's easy to get in and start using right away.
  • Invoicing is easy to set up and track.
  • Regular improvements to the product and great customer service.
  • Not quite as full featured yet as Quickbooks but still does what it needs to.
ZipBooks is really strong for small businesses (and non-profits like the ones I help manage). It may not yet be ready to handle medium or large businesses given the deep, niche functionality that is sometimes required in those cases.
Diego Lucero | TrustRadius Reviewer

I love the fact that I can set up and send an invoice in a few minutes, pulling in existing products and services (complete with description). The addition of a time tracker was unexpected and very appreciated! I use it to keep track of the hours spent on certain projects with those clients that prefer hourly payment over per-project pricing. ZipBooks also allows for past hours tracked that are unpaid to be automatically pulled into a new or an existing invoice, making it super simple to make sure everything is included in an invoice before sending it off. The invoices are simple, clean, beautiful and there is an "include PDF" option when sending out the invoice to clients (for those that prefer to print out and save their invoices). The customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful.

It's still a relatively new software, and I was one of the early adopters, so there were a few minor bugs and quirks in the past. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the roadmap for the future of the app looks very bright!

ZipBooks primary benefit for me is that it saves me TIME. I don't need to spend 15-20 minutes fiddling around with layout, service descriptions, tax and email settings to get an invoice to the right person. On top of that, the invoices are simple, clean and beautiful, holding to the same high quality of my brand.

• Invoicing is particularly easy-to-use, quick, clean and beautiful. GREAT for branding.
  • The time tracker was unexpected, but very useful and integrates well with the invoicing. Leads to quick invoicing every time.
  • Customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful.
  • Although they are a new company, they are definitely on the right track!
  • I recommend this software to clients, colleagues, and friends alike, mostly for it quick and beautiful invoicing.
  • They do what they can to live up to their name! It doesn't take very long to get set up, or very long to create a complete invoice and send it to the right person.
  • I was an early adopter, and with this company and software being relatively new, I got to see a few minor bugs and quirks over the last year. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the future is bright for this startup!
Small businesses are well suited for this software, as their pricing is very affordable. they have a FREE FOREVER Starter plan, for those that are bootstrapped with little cash. I'm on the $15/mo Smarter Plan, and it's perfect for my little boutique agency's needs.
Kenneth Shumaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zipbooks for all of InUPress' accounting as well as accounts for two other businesses. Zipbooks supported our needs at a simplicity and easy price point we needed while offering the easy access to customer service support we desired.
  • Three are three main strengths to zipbooks, number one for us is the inclusiveness yet simplicity.
  • Number two and a very strong point with Zipbooks is the quick ease of customer support.
  • The third point that sells us on Zipbooks is its price point for the service.
  • There is some difficulty with a need to learn the use of the menus, they are not open and click, at the moment, the user needs to open the menu then using the pad keys scroll down and use enter to select from the drop-down menu. A mouse does not work.
Zipbooks is greatly suited to low finance smaller businesses or individuals who don't want overly complicated accounting software. But with that in mind as I've been with Zipbooks, over the years they have grown the software expanding the products functions and abilities greatly. Improving present features and taking care of any issues users find, quickly. I see a future with more added features, like possibly customized software for customers, or better menu functions. I speak with customer service reps easily and have no worries consulting with them when I have a question regarding the software and they do listen, asking relevant questions when needing clarification.
Steve Fisher | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used ZipBooks to manage my freelance contracts. They have helped by creating professional invoices that I am proud to use. They help me manage my contracts and give me reminders to better suit my business. I highly recommend ZipBooks to those who are looking to freelance.
  • The user experience is easily the best I have seen with any invoicing software.
  • They create clean, professional invoice templates.
  • They make setting up and managing projects easy.
  • Add support for alternative payment through ZipBooks
Definitely for freelance, and small businesses. I imagine it being more difficult when you begin to have many people managing contracts.
Joel Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using ZipBooks as a direct replacement to QuickBooks.
The upcoming mobile app and the web app both work together in a seamlessly simple way.
  • Beautiful P&L
  • Tax compatible with my CPA
  • so easy to use and intuitive... no need to reference the Help docs.
There aren't many apps in the world that I "LOVE" but this one is at the tip top of my "gotta have it" list.
  • works well with my CPA
  • simple and easy to use
  • beautiful interface
  • could use advanced search