March 24, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Read Benjamin Jeffrey's full review
Pros and Cons
- Alerts to admins and users when mail box storage is close to full.
- Downtime is almost non existent and has been reliable in the 2 years we have used it.
- Managing user accounts via mobile app or web browser is simple once you get the hang of it.
- Navigating around the admin menus is annoying. You can't sort alphabetically or by anything really. Where most programs you can click a header to sort, Zoho Mail does not contain this functionality. You have to sort through your users page by page until you find who you are looking for.
- Unblocking users is a common occurrence because of the extremely sensitive rules they have in place server side. They claim no mass marketing but we have several salesmen who have to send the same invoice and information to multiple people within our company and they constantly get marked as spam, blocked, then I have to unblock them.
- Things are named strangely in the back end. There is something similar to Google's filtering for promotional emails and social emails that Zoho has tried to implement, but it is on by default and cannot be shut off for everyone in one fell swoop. You have to have every single user log into the web portal to disable "streams" or emails that Zoho decides fits a certain criteria will skip the inbox and show up in a folder called "Notifications" or "Messages" and it took a very long time for my users to get used to needing to search this additional set of folders.