- Billing for Zoho Reports works without a glitch.
- To consolidate different entities, you should pass severn circles of hell, including compilation of difficult SQL script and setting of several integrations.
- Eventually modeled data set is not helpful, as the extract is not 100% same as Zoho Books (P&L and Balance). Around 95% of data is valid only - that means, we should manually check Zoho Reports consolidation every time we make it; numerous deleted Zoho Books transactions appear.in reports and you never know what else and where will come up.
- The support team promised us to fix specific access and data compilation issues several times, with their usual mantra of "there will be new updated version without this bug" repeating over and over.
- Integration with Zoho suite of apps and other databases
- Reporting with many types of reports/charts/graphs
- Features like report sharing, mail scheduling features are extremely useful.
- High learning curve if you need more advanced functionality and customization.
- Post level-1 customer support should be improvised for better turn around time.
- You can not use "save as" for all reports
- Connection with Zoho Desk, google analitys and google AdWords
- Reporting. We uploaded several Excell spreadsheets and get in minutes a great sales reporting
- Easy to implement
- The connection with Zoho Desk is only in one direccion. It will be interesting the connetin in both idrecions, It means, modify datai n Zoho report and sincronixe in Zoho Desk
- Authomatic connetion with finnancial apps. ie. Reviso, banks statements
- Now Zoho diferenciates small letter and Cap. It will be useful the option Small=CAp
- Loading of simple data sets
- Automation of loading process
- Quality of visualisations
- Selection of charts available
- Mapping - New feature needs refinement. Specifically a more detailed base map and an "error handling" or "representative sample" visualisation for larger point datasets.
- Website usability of service / Responsiveness during building of reports
- Level of control on Ranges for Legends in certain charts. A legend rang is automatically selected which does not allow the user to select a color palette suitable to the customer's requirements.
- Building relational databases quickly
- Drilling down! It's fantastic to be drilling down into data with very little setup.
- Custom reports. It's so easy to create custom reports.
- The dashboard is the easiest dashboard I've ever used, and the ability to print reports on the dashboard gives me capabilities I've always wanted.
- The SQL implementation is difficult at times.
- The importer is a little wonky at times.
- Ability to quickly see how functions are trending
- Drill down into a narrow data set based on what you're looking at
- Apply filters to one report can become relevant to many people by allowing them to apply filters
- The visuals are not as aesthetically nice as others in the market
- They need to add chat support like they have for Zoho Creator
- Make it easier to build combo graphs
- One small but important feature that I like is that I can show dates by ISO week, this is very helpful for multi-year reporting within a business that works and speaks by ISO week.
- Zoho Reports is a good tool to use for data reporting from Zoho Projects. Very useful if you are already in the Zoho ecosystem.
- We use this tool to provide reports to leadership and review team goals. This is very helpful for users who do not use Zoho Projects but want information on day-to-day operations and goal setting.
- UI needs a bit of an update to match the rest of the Zoho ecosystem
- There is bit of a learning curve, which is not as "steep" as other BI/reporting tools
- It allows us to store data in a single easy to manage location.
- Reports makes it very easy to sort through data and locate what we need.
- Reports offers accurate in depth breakdowns of data as well as a simple and effective means to visualize such data.
- The have great customer service availability through the chat.
- Reports was challenging to understand initially and some of their documents were out of date so importing did not work.
- It would be nice if the importing instructions were a little more clear for the layman as not all businesses can have an IT department or the like to set up software like this.
- Due to insufficient descriptions, it can be unclear as to what a report is describing or displaying to you.
- Easily sync data with our CRM to provide more detailed look into our metrics.
- Reporting options make it easy to display the information needed for each manager.
- Scheduled reporting helps free up my time to do other tasks.
- A bit of a learning curve to begin with and so there could be some additional materials to help get started easier.
- Ability to use SQL queries to generate reports
- Schedule report jobs for users
- Create dynamic reports that are publicly accessible
- The reporting data only updates on a 3 hour basis and you have to "fetch" the data manually in between
- Zoho Reports provides the high level view of project status' desired by our management, such as number of active projects, percentage complete, etc.
- Zoho Reports is able to pull the custom categories we have created in the project modules and provide reporting, again at a high level view without providing too much detail.
- Zoho Reports provides different outputs for the reports such as exporting in Excel. This allows us to manipulate the information from the pulled reports.
- Since I am not a database person, trying to figure out the links between fields to get the information I need is at times cumbersome. I avoid it all together if I can.
- If a project template does not contain milestones, the reports will not pull properly.
- Not all of the fields in Zoho Projects are able to be pulled into the reporting. It would be a great feature to have all the fields available where they can just be pulled into the report.
- Zoho does a great job of organizing information.
- Zoho will create graphs for you using your information.
- Zoho allows you to change those graphs and print them as well.
- I would love to be able to print multiple graphs on one large sheet of paper. Although they can be exported and printed, they can't be moved to fit on one large sheet.
- Ability to customize reports with source measures and filters.
- Customize access of different reports for different users.
- Overall, it is a bit difficult to learn how to use. The user interface could use some streamlining.
It seems well suited for almost any project reporting needs.
- Excellent customer support
- Filter and combine various elements of live data
- Integration with Zoho CRM live
- Setting up more complicated reports with combined data from various elements of our Zoho CRM data has been a great challange
- I needed a lot of support with the setup of specific filters
- Also needed support on creating targets, but was helped very well
- Zoho Reports connects with our API endpoint to import data into Zoho Reports. It does this quite well, without enforcing specific schema restrictions on our data. Our data is stored in NoSQL database, and our API endpoint produces JSON data documents, each with different structure depending on the dataset being requested. Zoho Reports automatically interprets our data, and converts into a set of rows and columns.
- Once our data is imported into Zoho Reports, creating different type of visualizations is a breeze. Zoho Reports enables us to create many types of charts, dashboards, pivot tables and more.
- Zoho Reports has this feature called "Custom Formula", that allows us to create new columns in the data that are computed by applying various transformations to existing columns. For example, we are able to create a "Is Weekday" column by applying custom formula on our "Date" column. This "Is Weekday" column enables us to create visualizations that compare weekday vs. weekend performance numbers of our customers' shops.
- The visualizations are "live". Zoho Reports can be set up to pull data from our API endpoint periodically (e.g. once every day). As the data gets updated, so do all the visualizations. We are able to publish these "live" visualizations via permalinks or embed them within another web page, so that our customers always see the most up-to-date visualizations.
- Scheduled emails is another great feature. Once we set up a tailor-made report/dashboard for our customer, we are able to set up scheduled emails. Once set up, Zoho Reports automatically sends emails to our customers with the up-to-date copy of visualizations as attachments.
- There is a fair bit of learning curve before you can get productive with Zoho Reports. It is not so steep that it'd scare off users, but it does take some effort to get used to the various features and options in Zoho Reports.
- A private hosting option would be really good to have, as some of our customers might have data security concerns. Although Zoho Reports takes good measures to keep the data safe and secure, the data still gets imported from our cloud servers to Zoho Reports servers. This can be a concern for some users, for example large corporations or government entities who have their own private cloud infrastructure.
- Editing of column names could have been easier. At the moment you have to right click on each column > click rename > type new name > Save. On save, the entire table is reloaded and the view focuses on the left-most column, instead of the column just renamed. If there are more than 5 or 6 columns, this quickly becomes irritating because you end up having to scroll to the right to get to the next column you want to rename.
- It's super fast.
- Easy to use.
- And cheapper than the competitors.
- The support team is India, sometimes that can be a problem.
- You can't edit/bulk edit values in the databases. Would be great if they also work a bit more like a spreadsheet.
- The API is not great. It's also not super well documented.
- They should have an iPhone app version.. there is currently only an iPad version of the app.
- I don't think it's real time when synced with Zoho CRM.
- I don't think they have a TV view that rotates with numbers (like Geckoboard, Cyfe, etc.).
- Data Visualization.
- Flexible data sources.
- Somewhat friendly to use.
- At least one subscription should be included with Service Desk Plus (at enterprise level). One thing that we have found with Zoho/ManageEngine is that everything seems to have 70% functionality. That additional 30% costs more.
- Outstanding User Support & Maintenance (have never experienced something like this before)
- Flexibility to arrange and combine data
- Sharing to other platforms via embed or public links
- Pricing is absolutely unbeatable
- ZOHO is particularly hard to use for financial data. We are managing around the kinks but it is not easy. Especially multi-currency functionalities and standard report structures like P&Ls, Cash Flows and Balance Sheet reports can only be done by tweaking and "cheating" the system
- Sometimes, performance is not the greatest but nothing highly critical (i.e. Loading times of reports)
- We have a huge database by now and it is not always easy to track which reports are most current and which ones just a draft especially when working in a multi-user environment. Maybe adding some statuses to more easily manage reports and folders could help...
There are many use cases, however, where ZOHO can add tremendous value. Especially with smaller companies and startups, ZOHO is an amazing and easy to use tool to Analyse larger amounts of data. I have worked on another implementation with bars and restaurants that used Orderbird but had limited reporting functionality when analyzing peak times for business by product and hour of the day. ZOHO gave them an easy and well-suited solution.
- Automation - The ability to pull in an API feed using a scheduled task makes it as easy as "set it and forget it".
- Scalability and performance - We have never run into an issue with too much data, it always performs well.
- Ease of use - The easy to use interface makes it usable for all levels of technological sense.
- Wizards - It might be helpful to have some cookie cutter type wizards to help new (and less experienced) users get started quickly.
- Tutorials and Help - One thing that I find is that some of my team who are not as tech savvy end up coming to us to ask questions as they can't seem to find answers to their questions easily.
- It is able to pull together many different tables of data, without having to pay an IT consultant to do it.
- I can quickly make changes, add or rearrange data myself. I feel I'd have to spend as much time explaining it to someone else than doing it myself. In our business, change comes quickly and often, and I was finding that past reporting tools couldn't keep up without a huge IT spend.
- I know a little about databases, but am by no means a programmer. Zoho Reports allows me to manage and make sense of the data on my own
- The design of the dashboards is a little clunky, and could be much improved by allowing a feed (without branding) to other tools.
- This is very specific, but I do find some of the SQL functions available to be quite limited. In particular, I am currently struggling with how Zoho uses the "Join" function to bring two tables together - it doesn't seem to allow for the more specific "Inner" or "outer" joins.
- I'd love to be able to automate and save specific snapshots in time. I have my data set to update regularly, and need to save pdfs of reports monthly. It might be possible to automate that process, but I haven't found a way yet.
I used to spend (and have staff spend) a lot of time filtering, analyzing, and compiling spreadsheets. I've been able to automate that process.
- Zoho Reports was one of the strongest features of the Zoho CRM suite and was a large reason why we were looking at Zoho overall.
- Very easy to use pre-built templates.
- Was able to understand how to utilize the tool without "reading the instructions" initially.
- This is more of a problem with the Zoho suite overall. When you look at a product like Zoho you expect all the different modules to interact with each other and integrate extremely well. However the different Zoho modules are similar to Salesforce plugins in that they all integrate into the CRM but don't necessarily integrate with each other.
- Unable to create instant, live updating reports from Zoho Projects in Zoho Reports. The reports have to be generated manually and the integration is just not done well.
- The customer service I received while using Zoho was the worst customer service I received from all the CRMs reviewed. While it wasn't bad customer service (compared to the cable company) it was the lowest quality of all the enterprise level CRMs.
- The Zoho Suite overall is very well suited for a small business but doesn't have the capabilities to properly support an enterprise level company.
- Out of the box reports allow for easy set up with very little knowledge required to get the information you need.
- Dashboards are a very quick way of obtaining information on the fly and provide a very extensive amount of information.
- The ability to drill down in reports is also really useful when trying to expand on information that is displayed by default.
- Being able to schedule reports for automatic delivery to email recipients at specific times and having the ability to share reports via a web link makes life a breeze as once it is all set up, it goes out as and when you want them to.
- Defining custom views and reports are not always that straight forward and can take some time and numerous changes before they return the data in the format you want.
- Being given the ability to customise the layout of the reporting portal would also be nice. Haven't found a way of doing that yet.
- Sometimes when trying to create a new report, the entire portal freezes up after selecting the report type and you have to go out of the portal and then sign back in again before everything starts working.
Zoho Reports Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Zoho Reports
Zoho Reports is an online BI and analytics platform that helps users easily analyze their business data, and create insightful reports and dashboards for informed decision-making. It is designed to help users to easily create and share powerful reports in minutes, with no IT help.
With Zoho Reports, users can:
- Upload Any Data - Securely upload spreadsheets and other tabular data (like CSV, TSV, XLS and HTML files). Or add data directly using the 'spreadsheet-like' interface.
- Push data from any application - Push data from hosted or in-house (behind firewall) business applications and databases for reporting and analysis.
- Visual Analysis - Visually analyze and build insightful reports and dashboards with easy drag-and-drop interface... no IT help required!
- Wide range of Reporting components - Use a wide variety of charts, pivot tables and tabular view components to build insightful reports and dashboards.
- Collaborative Analysis - Develop reports together with their colleagues. Share with each other for better decision making.
- Embed Reports Anywhere - Embed their reports and dashboards across Websites, Blogs and Applications for wider consumption.
- Query with SQL - Create powerful and flexible reports with SQL Queries written in any database dialect/syntax you know.
- Highly Secure - Governed by strong Zoho Security Practices, including support for a secure encrypted connection
Zoho Reports Screenshots
Zoho Reports Videos (6)
Zoho Reports Downloadables
Zoho Reports Integrations
Zoho Reports Competitors
|Basic||$25||0.5M rows, 2 users|
|Standard||$50||1M rows, 5 users|
|Premium||$125||5M rows, 15 users|
|Enterprise||$495||50M rows, 50 users|
There is a 10% discount for all plans if subscribed yearly. Customers can buy add-on rows and users, in addition to the plans listed above.
Zoho Reports Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
Zoho Reports Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoho Reports Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages: ||English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Japanese, Russian|