Easy to use

March 30, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

per month/per license

Business

On Premise
per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://zoom.us/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $14.99 per month

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software

Screen Sharing

Online Meetings / Events

Online Events Collaboration

Online Events Security

What is Zoom?

Zoom helps people stay connected so they can get more done together. From meetings, chat, phone, and webinars to conference room systems and online events, Zoom powers all your communication needs. Our secure, reliable video platform offers a high-quality experience that is easy to manage, use, and customize.

-- Zoom Meetings & Chat

• Supported: Participant list
  • Supported: Confidential attendee list
  • Supported: Secure file sharing

Zoom Video

Learn how you can can use multi-spotlight, multi-pinning, and video reordering to better manage you meetings.

Zoom Integrations

Zoom Competitors

Zoom Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesNorth America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is Zoom?

Zoom is a unified communications platform primarily known for its use as a web conferencing tool. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

How much does Zoom cost?

Zoom starts at $14.99.

What is Zoom's best feature?

Reviewers rate Desktop sharing highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses Zoom?

The most common users of Zoom are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

I use Zoom for all client facing demonstrations/meetings. Ever since COVID struck the world, there was a huge need for video conference calls, and Zoom meets and exceeds that need. I am able to make it personal by showing my face, demonstrate the product just like I would if I was in person with the client, and record the meeting to send to the client post meeting or review it at a later date.
Our Organization uses Zoom to have interactive meeting with clients and consultants during the entire process of the architectural projects. One of the biggest problem that this program addresses is the elimination of distances between our office and clients living in other States. Also, allow our organization to have partners and consultants in other States saving the company money and time for trips.
May 08, 2022

Easy to use

Christopher Fazio | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Zoom for both business and personal use. In business, I use it for virtual meetings and to do demos with clients. I find it to be a fantastic platform for face to face virtual meetings and would recommend it to anyone. I have also started using it personally and we have a family Zoom call every Sunday with family in different states. It is a great way for all of us to be on a call at the same time and catch up on things in a conversational manner and be able to see each other.
Simon Needle | TrustRadius Reviewer
With the Zoom price increase on their free plan, they are strong-arming existing users and damaging brand goodwill. 1-on-1 Zoom lessons were previously free for unlimited minutes. Rather than identifying and eliminating their wastage and accounting for the goodwill, an unlimited free video conferencing service provides, without prior warning, they limited that time to 40-minutes. It is likely a blow to business with existing meetings on the books and it was not sufficiently publicized. If I stand to lose money on my existing meetings because my services cannot be rendered in the agreed-upon 55 minutes, how am I incentivized to upgrade my plan? Zoom and its fiduciary partners should reconsider their policy. However, I am impressed by the functionality of WhereBy and will be porting my services through them in the meantime!
Justin Chapman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is a horrible choice in terms of teleconferencing for several reasons. I can't believe that people actually pay to use their service when other equally good services are available and free, plus do a better job. On Zoom, there is a limit of 1 hour and 40 minutes per 24-hour period, and yet they have no history you can save, no call duration that can be saved, nor any customer assistance for technical problems. On Skype, for example, all calls between Skype users are free and unlimited, and you can transfer files and takes notes that are saved on Skype. Why would anybody pay 14 euros per month for 1-1 calls when Skype is exactly the same quality but totally free plus does so much more? If you want to waste your money or have a company that pays for you because "yeah but popular, so better" that's up to you, but they are definitely a very greedy company and I don't support them at all. Once they offer free calls or stick to group environments only, that would make more sense, otherwise just a waste of money.
Yogesh Arora | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom has helped us to connect the team as we are located in 4 different countries in 4 different time zones. The most important features that we find useful for Zoom are desktop sharing , high quality video, high quality audio and being able to broadcast to Facebook because of the easy connection with Facebook
Omar Moustafa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom has lots of functionality more than Microsoft Teams. Most helpful features:
  • Annotate with participants on a screen/whiteboard.
  • Remote control another one's screen.
  • Private chat between meeting participants.
  • Lightweight app, works fine on laptops with sufficient processing and such.
Also, if you would buy a paid plan their plans are cheap and the customer support team is so cooperative and fast responding. I really recommend using Zoom but its chat is not the best thing, but the best thing is meetings. For chat/group chat, it is recommended more to use Microsoft Teams as you can make polls, make certain people access the channel, and more.
Randy Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Zoom for coaching sessions with our employees. We have coaching sessions that are focused on groups with specific roles in the company (for example, sales and marketing). We also have coaching sessions every other month for the whole company to participate in. These coaching sessions are for personal development training and used to be in-person sessions prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now that we have done these online with Zoom for two years, I don't foresee us as a company ever going back to doing those in-person again. If so, it will be once or twice a year, with the other four or five sessions being through Zoom.
We are using Zoom for a variety of purposes, including: meetings, board meetings, staff meetings, consultations, webinars, virtual lectures, and virtual wet labs. It is being used across all departments in our association. Due to COVID-19, the main issue it has solved is being able to social distance while still being able to meet, as well as continue onward with future projects without having to meet in person. For our virtual lectures, it has allowed us to provide CE for veterinarians from their homes.
At our organization Zoom is used for daily communication both in 1:1 settings, the chat function, and video calls. It is also used for hosting internal and external meetings, publishing webinars, conducting interviews, recording work brainstorm sessions, and for live audio captioning. We also use the live stream functions to broadcast public-facing meetings on YouTube and Facebook. We use the Zoom cloud to store recordings of all zoom meetings and keep records of the occurrences. We integrate it into all of our calendar invites and use other app integrations such as pairing it into Slack.
Zoom is the game-changer in these times, I am a medical student and consultant so life and study go side by side for students across the globe zoom is so helpful in form of calls, video calls, and sharing screens, videos, and images while calling with across a hundred participants. In these pandemic times when the world had become global in the past 2 years, ZOOM has all the answers to your questions and meets all your requirements.
Zoom serves two purposes in my organization. First it helps the post pandemic WFH teams to connect with each other seamlessly even though they are spread across vast geographies. Second it helps us connect with our client prospects as during the pandemic most people have used Zoom and are very familiar with its UI. It's a fantastic software which delivers on the promise of seamless connectivity. Having mobile version is a very strong plus especially when connecting with clients or team mates on the go.
Lawrent Milton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I swapped from Whereby to Zoom to teach my private students online. Zoom has been very efficient in terms of ease of use, user-friendliness, conference initiation and invitation, screen sharing, video audio quality, live chat, and privacy features (virtual background image). It is very easy to navigate through the different sharing options (basic, advanced, and files), and I do love the iPad screen sharing through "screen mirroring".
I currently use Zoom for all external interviews with potential hires. Or for major presentations, I find Zoom's view for screen sharing allows for a greater comprehension of the content that is being reviewed. If someone I am on a Zoom call with has any issues with how to use the platform; I find it easy to guide them through the steps to get them up and running. Zoom also has been critical to maintaining personal and professional relationships during lockdowns and quarantines.
March 30, 2022

Zooming

I was using Zoom to conduct interviews. During Covid 19, Zoom was able to prevent the spread of Covid 19 by providing a safe approach to conducting job interviews. The online platform enabled the companies to host meetings for the purpose of interviewing new candidates for existing job openings. Less face to face meetings cut down on the spread of covid 19 in the workplace.
We quickly transitioned from in-person meetings to online with Zoom in 2020. This allowed our organization to go from local events and clients to national service offerings easily. Zoom is easy for our clients to use regardless of the device they have. The quality is great. Without it our nonprofit would have failed as quickly as we started.
March 16, 2022

Zoom Review

Brandon Losover | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use zoom to conduct demos with potential clients as well as for our internal meetings with our team and company wide meetings.<br><br>The product addresses the problem of us being a remote company and not having the ability to meet in person. it makes for a more personable experience than calling one another.
Bart Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is used by our company to complete our remote work and communicate through meetings online. We make use of the whiteboards, the ability to create and join webinars, chatting and the raising hand tool, and those are all features that make Zoom so unique in comparison to competitors, since it's complete enough for it to feel like real life communication. I find it easy to use and the learning curve was simple to get through, and now I incorporate it in both professional and personal aspects of my life. Because my work is mostly remote, Zoom is part of my work life and meetings are constantly scheduled in my team, at least twice a week, to talk about our projects and other important things we need to know about, it's also used to communicate with international clients and clients that are outside of the city but we need to get instant feedback from them.
Zoom is used for team collaboration by way of chat, meetings, video conferencing, white-boarding. In the WFH scenario, it greatly helped the teams collaborate even more because of its screen-sharing capabilities. It is great when talking to external users as well for interviews, hosting calls with vendors and customers. A lot of webinars have been hosted on zoom by our team.
Anastasia Globa | TrustRadius Reviewer
In 2019 and 2020 we used Zoom to not only run our university and research meetings, but we also used zoom for online teaching. I used Zoom to run my interactive lectures and studio reviews with both local and international students. As co-organizer of a large conference Zoom was chosen to be the most reliable program to run digital conferences hosting hundreds of users at a time.
Richard Davies | TrustRadius Reviewer
My team at work telecommutes about 40% of the time, with some of us in the office and others working from home on any given day. We use Zoom as a web conferencing and teleconferencing tool for our daily standup meetings and for ad-hoc collaboration. It enables us to communicate and collaborate with each other regardless of where we're physically located.
February 21, 2022

Zoom is still the best

Zoom has changed the landscape of our work in America and in my own organization. We used Zoom before the pandemic and it was a great way for employees across the nation to connect, then in 2020, it became a necessity. From who we serve to who we work with---everything was on the Zoom platform. The major business problems that were being addressed by Zoom were plain and simple---needing to connect and meet together.
Zoom has been a lifesaver as it has provided wide aspects of conducting and attending meetings and webinars in the organization. Zoom has multiple features and faster adaptability. All useful and important aspects are discussed in meetings for smooth integration. Zoom has multiple features like screen sharing, creating rooms, live chatting, background changing, and such. Zoom has impacted majorly in the organization by providing regular meeting updates and reminders for future enhancements.
Marianne Rodrigues | TrustRadius Reviewer
I provide a live streaming service to my clients and they sometimes request a Zoom conference so that we can do a two-way. I have requests for weddings so that remote clients can speak to the bridal couple.