For a simple subscription business, Zuora is a great tool. If you get into multi-year subscriptions (known to be multi-year from inception), there are challenges, particularly related to revenue recognition, amendments, and, especially, future-dated amendments.
Zuora offers an out-of-the-box Salesforce integration. However, we needed to heavily customize it to ensure it met our needs.
It suits a business which has internal resources to do a bit of coding work. A lot of feature enhancement requests take too long to come, and a company needs alternatives to solve the issue, and internal IT resources are almost a must-have. Or you can engage a Zuora consultant to make the customisation for you, with a cost.
Zuora is software for subscription businesses. The software is designed to provide an end-to-end subscription management solution that includes billing, finance, commerce and insights, helping users establish a subscription business model and establish, nurture, and monetize recurring customer relationships.
Zuora spans across commerce, billing, collections, revenue recognition, and analytics. The vendor says their products aim to help users:
- Go to market with their subscription offerings, then grow and retain their customer base across multiple channels
- Automate billing, collections, and revenue recognition to scale their business and support their go-to-market strategies
- Deeply understand their subscribers and the health of their business at all times
Zuora is headquartered in Foster City, CA with 11 offices around the world. The company services over 800 clients, including HP, Dell, Financial Times, Box, YP.com, Vivint, Hubspot, and Schneider Electric.
- Supported: Product Catalog
- Supported: Subscriptions & Amendments
- Supported: Zuora for Salesforce
- Supported: Billing & AR Settlement
- Supported: Payment Processing
- Supported: Revenue Recognition
- Supported: GL Integration