Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Zuora, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Zuora is software for subscription businesses. The software is designed to provide an end-to-end subscription management solution that includes billing, finance, commerce and insights, helping users establish a subscription business model and establish, nurture, and monetize recurring customer relationships.
Zuora spans across commerce, billing, collections, revenue recognition, and analytics. The vendor says their products aim to help users:
- Go to market with their subscription offerings, then grow and retain their customer base across multiple channels
- Automate billing, collections, and revenue recognition to scale their business and support their go-to-market strategies
- Deeply understand their subscribers and the health of their business at all times
Zuora is headquartered in Foster City, CA with 11 offices around the world. The company services over 800 clients, including HP, Dell, Financial Times, Box, YP.com, Vivint, Hubspot, and Schneider Electric.
- Supported: Product Catalog
- Supported: Subscriptions & Amendments
- Supported: Zuora for Salesforce
- Supported: Billing & AR Settlement
- Supported: Payment Processing
- Supported: Revenue Recognition
- Supported: GL Integration
Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIIubeFD0U to watch Zuora video.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
Zuora allows us to automate our billing process as well as provides flexibility to adjust our products and prices, which was much more limited using out of the box Salesforce opportunity products previously.
- The sync with Salesforce. The ability for Zuora and Salesforce to sync eliminates manual transfer of data and areas of human error.
- Flexibility of setup. With all the various types of products and different revenue recognition rules, Zuora allows us to set up the rules we need to fit our business model.
- Ease of use. Creating and posting bill runs is simple and straight forward. With a few clicks of a button you are able to create and post invoices for all customers.
- The service team. I have had a great experience working alongside the Zuora consultant team. They have been easy to work with and have the ability to suggest effective solutions to ensure Zuora meets our business requirements.
- The new reporting module is definitely a step in the right direction, but the reporting module could still be better. Mirroring the drag and drop functionality of Salesforce would be great with the ability to create custom dashboards from the data. The 'run detail' vs 'run summary' reporting is a bit confusing. The 'Hide details' functionality in Salesforce would be better. Also, the fact that you can not provide a link directly to a Zuora report is pretty frustrating.
- Ability to bulk import quotes from the SF side that integrates with Zuora. During our Zuora setup we were very surprised that the ability to bulk create Zuora quotes that sync to Zuora was not possible. This caused a real headache for our setup and it would be great if Zuora allowed for this.
- Manages subscription services specifically.
- Can be altered to fit your particular business needs.
- Their User Interface and User Experience is absolutely garbage.
- They could benefit from more extensive user research and feedback. I feel like they've never had any communication with their users about the ease of using their products.
- Make simpler ways to complete tasks. This could be done if they hired a UI/UX Designer. I am convinced they've never thought of hiring one.
- Absolutely Nothing
- Not one thing
- Literally not one single process
- Making Account Subscription Changes
- Managing Customer Account, invoice, and subscription dates
- Deleting things. How is it so hard to delete things? Just have a trashcan icon and let me delete it!
- Zuora has capability for analysis of financial data and provides managerial reports for decision making.
- Zuora has automated renewal of payments automatically.
- Once card details and payment frequency [are[ updated the AR part is made easy.
- Report for Aging giving date wise
- Business Growth
- E Commerce
- Financial Reporting
- Online payment reconciliation
- AR Reports
- CRM system
- Inventory management
- Business has grown and easy to handle
- Real time reports
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
- Third-party Reviews
- Vendor implemented
- Professional services company
- Real time testing
- Product updation
- Account Receivable
- Financial Reporting
- AR Ageing
- It keeps a record of material changes to subscriptions in versions. These can be reported and and researched as needed.
- It is cloud based which minimizes administrative overheard of the system
- The billing rules are flexible
- Zuora rates subscriptions based on time, not usage. If you sell value to your customers in usage (not time) this could be an issue when customer upgrade mid-term.
- Usage is marked as processed through the date of the last run invoice against that subscription and charge, even if zuora didn't rate a charge (invoice) against it.
- Being cloud based it means that any data modifications of any size have to be done against cloud based API's, orders of magnitude slower than equivalent on prem/sql based solutions.
Zuora's API is flexible, but will require professional services or in house development staff to become familiar to leverage anything that isnt available "out of the box".
- Implemented in-house
- As with any migration garbage in/garbage out. Data quality was an issue from legacy systems. Only Zuora can actually "import" data which increased turnaround time and overall implementation hassle.
- A more in depth understanding of how zuora rates products and services along with a more in depth analysis of our complex business needs would have been helpful. We didn't know what we didn't know at the beginning.
- Billing runs
- Account management
- Product catalog, no filtering, large numbers of rate plans take a long time to render, edit rate plans is time consuming
- User management is painful, no filtering, sorting doesn't persist, no ability to "delete" a user so all your users are visible forever