May 01, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
We used BrokerageBuilder in our Benefits department for 6 years. Our Commercial and Personal Lines departments used a different system. About 10 months ago, we all changed to one integrated system. BrokerageBuilder is easy to navigate and is very flexible. Our department really liked the system overall.
- It's very flexible. You can add custom fields easily and create/update workflows and activities quickly.
- The layout is easy on the eye. The dashboard is laid out well and helps you stay on track with renewals and activities.
- Emails attached to an activity are easily viewed and housed within the activity on a separate tab.
- Adding and reviewing policy info is simple. The tabs make it helpful to find and view info quickly.
- The reporting was a challenge. There are a lot of canned reports, but we had to spend hours over several weeks to have reports built to give us accurate info, like a simple book of business report (it had to be escalated to senior reporting engineers). Creating reports is fairly simple, but we frequently encountered issues that made us lose confidence in the data—particularly on the book of business reports.
- There should be some auto-save features. When we used the system (through June 2019), you always had to click "save" on any changes.
- It would improve efficiencies if users could drag/drop emails and documents to activities, policies and clients.
If you are a Benefits only shop—it's great! We really liked the system. Very user friendly and a true Benefits broker system. We tried an integration with our CL/PL system and BrokerageBuilder, but it didn't work. Having two systems became too clunky for accounting (commissions), reporting (revenue, etc.), and for client service and prospecting (i.e., do we have CL for our Benefits clients and vice versa? We had to look in two systems to find out).
Read Jessica Gardner's full review
The Zywave Customer Support team is phenomenal! Never any complaints. They resolve things quickly. You can call and talk with a real person, submit a chat question, or email them. Their training videos are good—short and sweet. We still use multiple Zywave products in our Benefits, Commercial Lines, and Marketing departments. They are a great company to work with. The implementation/onboarding for all products has been amazing! Training for products has always surpassed the training we received from other vendor partners.