Adobe InDesign supports creating digital and print documents such as flyers, stationary, posters, and other types of media, with rich graphics, images, and more. Adobe InDesign is available standalone or as part of the Adobe Creative Suite collection of media management and creation products.InDesign is the Industry Leader!Only used in the Marketing Department for brochures, flyers, posters, billboards, email blasts, marketing, etc. It allows us to do design work in house instead of hiring an advertising company.,Typography, I enjoy having a tool that allows flexibility. Page layout, particularly running from one text box to the next, creating style sheets, creating multi-page masters, etc. When doing a booklet, this layout program is invaluable (sales flyers, promotional tools, creating a manual for a product, it can do all of those). I was a Quark Express user for 15 years prior to making the brain switch. I love it now, took some getting used to but it does more than Quark did!,I wish iCloud apps, in general, would allow for flexibility to be used in multiple platforms without striping options. My concerns are not with the tool when it's used on a Mac, but with it on other devices or platforms.,10,Not hiring out to an agency in my current position has saved the company thousands of dollars. in previous companies, it was invaluable in manipulating on the fly, so when you have an owner standing behind you saying I don't like that, you can change it right in front of them. In the creative business, there is always subjectivity, being able to maneuver and redesign quickly is key in such a fast pace environment.,,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Office 2016Essential Software for Professional Designers.Adobe InDesign CC is being used only in the IT department in my organization. The biggest problem that has been presented to us is file saving with large programs can get tricky, especially if you use a shared location. All the materials for your files have to be stored locally and not moved, for InDesign to pull the information. This isn't tragic, but just have to make sure things are kept in the same location.,It is cross-compatible with other Adobe products, and there are hundreds of online video tutorials to help you achieve the results you want. Contextual information at your fingertips. Superbly balanced interface.,Requires a subscription. PDF comments integration needs polishing. This program has an art asset library, however, you must pay for a monthly art asset subscription to access everything. The cost of the software is high and any time a new teammate needs to be added to the plan, that's even more.,8,We have increased productivity in our organization due to the incredible saving of time thanks to the implementation of this wonderful software. The ability to combine appointments in a repetition style and move from a spreadsheet to InDesign is a great time saver. It has helped us many times. Taking the design of collateral in-house rather than having to pay an external studio.,Canva,Adobe Photoshop, Venngage, WebWorks ePublisherDesign, test, and share pixel-perfect prototypesAdobe InDesign is used by our Product, Design, Front End, and Back End departments. The Product team, specifically UX Design and Content Strategy, uses InDesign for pixel perfect prototypes. It allows us to design, build, and test new features before they go live on the platform. This reduces the potential for errors or mistakes once the feature is pushed live.,InDesign prototypes are extremely easy to share. Different members of different teams can collaborate on a prototype. InDesign allows us to accurately preview how an interactive feature will appear on our product, so there are no surprises when it's pushed live. InDesign has a great grid layout functionality that makes it easy to create both horizontal and vertical guides.,At least for me, there's a steep learning curve with InDesign. There are so many features and tools that I don't know how to use. Perhaps the onboarding process could be more helpful when using InDesign for the first time. InDesign is only available through subscription. I wish it was possible to purchase the software or purchase a la carte Adobe Creative Cloud products more affordably. (You either subscribe to one product, or all of them.) My computer sometimes runs slowly when I use InDesign. It can take a while to load prototypes.,8,Reduces mistakes and surprises when features go live because they can be previewed picture-perfectly Adobe InDesign prototypes allow us to test features and make changes based on user feedback before release InDesign allows the product, content strategy, dashboard, and dev teams collaborate on a single feature in a single place,Sketch, InVision and Zeplin,Sketch, Zeplin, Marvel, Slack, JIRA Software, Trello, Rydoo (formerly Xpenditure), TravelPerk, Sublime Text, Google Drive
Adobe InDesign

Adobe InDesign Reviews

Adobe InDesign
Filter 12 vetted Adobe InDesign reviews and ratings

Kim Hoogenboom profile photo
May 25, 2019

Adobe InDesign Review: "InDesign is the Industry Leader!"

• Typography, I enjoy having a tool that allows flexibility.
  • Page layout, particularly running from one text box to the next, creating style sheets, creating multi-page masters, etc.
  • When doing a booklet, this layout program is invaluable (sales flyers, promotional tools, creating a manual for a product, it can do all of those).
  • I was a Quark Express user for 15 years prior to making the brain switch. I love it now, took some getting used to but it does more than Quark did!
  • I wish iCloud apps, in general, would allow for flexibility to be used in multiple platforms without striping options.
  • My concerns are not with the tool when it's used on a Mac, but with it on other devices or platforms.
300 pg catalog, use style sheets across team platforms. 36 pg sale catalogs, can make designs with flair while not wasting time. 96 pg magazines, can re-flow text from page to pg. One page designs, I appreciate snap to guides, alignments. I love the program/app.
Read Kim Hoogenboom's full review
José Francisco Medina Rodríguez profile photo
May 16, 2019

Adobe InDesign Review: "Essential Software for Professional Designers."

• It is cross-compatible with other Adobe products, and there are hundreds of online video tutorials to help you achieve the results you want.
  • Contextual information at your fingertips.
  • Superbly balanced interface.
  • Requires a subscription. PDF comments integration needs polishing.
  • This program has an art asset library, however, you must pay for a monthly art asset subscription to access everything.
  • The cost of the software is high and any time a new teammate needs to be added to the plan, that's even more.
If creating any type of physical collateral, InDesign is the perfect option. It integrates seamlessly with the other Adobe products as well as many other outside products. A must have for anyone serious about top-quality design work in the physical realm.

Some of the elements are a little glitchy for me. My computer has 32 GB of RAM and it seemed a little clunky and slow sometimes.
Read José Francisco Medina Rodríguez's full review
May 14, 2019

Adobe InDesign Review: "Design, test, and share pixel-perfect prototypes"

• InDesign prototypes are extremely easy to share. Different members of different teams can collaborate on a prototype.
  • InDesign allows us to accurately preview how an interactive feature will appear on our product, so there are no surprises when it's pushed live.
  • InDesign has a great grid layout functionality that makes it easy to create both horizontal and vertical guides.
  • At least for me, there's a steep learning curve with InDesign. There are so many features and tools that I don't know how to use. Perhaps the onboarding process could be more helpful when using InDesign for the first time.
  • InDesign is only available through subscription. I wish it was possible to purchase the software or purchase a la carte Adobe Creative Cloud products more affordably. (You either subscribe to one product, or all of them.)
  • My computer sometimes runs slowly when I use InDesign. It can take a while to load prototypes.
Although my department uses Adobe InDesign for digital wireframes and prototypes, I understand that the design team loves InDesign for print layouts and graphic design. On the product team, Adobe InDesign meets our needs for creating and sharing prototypes that look exactly like the finished product. It can get expensive, as price increases per user, so InDesign may not be the best tool for a very large product / dashboard / frontend / backend team with many people who need access.

Adobe InDesign Scorecard Summary