I enjoy using Adobe InDesign

February 10, 2022
I use Adobe InDesign to create print and digital communications for multiple audiences. With Adobe InDesign, I can prepare, share, and …

The industry standard

November 25, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe InDesign, and make your voice heard!

Monthly Plan

Annual Plan, Paid Monthly

$251.88 ($20.99)

per year (per month)

What is Adobe InDesign?

Adobe InDesign supports creating digital and print documents such as flyers, stationary, posters, and other types of media, with rich graphics, images, and more. Adobe InDesign is available standalone or as part of the Adobe Creative Suite collection of media management and creation products.

Adobe InDesign Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.

The most common users of Adobe InDesign are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Design industry.

Linda Galota | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe InDesign is the perfect choice for the design and visual organisation of information and content. For my work, I used Adobe InDesign to collect, brainstorm, and present ideas to be perfectly suited to the communication style of the brand. Adobe InDesign allowed me to quickly and effectively organise content in a great way.
There are two designers within our organization and both of us use Adobe InDesign on a daily basis. As I have worked with this software since its inception (switching over from QuarkXPress), I have enjoyed the continual upgrades to to user friendliness, efficiency and capabilities. I primarily use it for non-digital marketing outputs, but it does have the ability to make PDF documents interactive and output for the web.
Trish Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe InDesign is used for most of the marketing pieces developed for our university. InDesign is the standard software for any type of printing project. It helps that everyone uses the same design program. Files are easily shared which helps during material updates. The new updates provide several extremely useful tools to save time on projects.
Maria Clara Daly | TrustRadius Reviewer
InDesign is our go-to program for any sort of print design. When I began at this agency a number of years ago, Quark was still the standard being used for print design and I made a huge push to bring us entirely into the Adobe creative suite. Particularly as we're already using the likes of Photoshop for photo editing, Illustrator for vector graphics, it just makes sense to utilize a program that works seamlessly with its sister programs. Many print shops also are starting to refuse to accept Quark files for printing so, getting with the times was critical both for our workflows as well as ability to deliver on projects.
Adobe InDesign is used to work with our longer courses and documents. It is easier to work with and has far fewer hiccups than Microsoft Word. I really enjoy using libraries for easy access to fonts, logos, and colors of the brand. Adobe InDesign saves time due to its ease of use.
John La Belle | TrustRadius Reviewer
Indesign is being used in our graphic design company for the final layout of print publications including books, brochures, business cards, wedding invitation packages, flyers, stationery packages, posters, signage and most other artwork for printing and specialties.
November 25, 2021

The industry standard

InDesign is the gold standard as far as desktop composition software goes for publishers. We (and our vendors) use the product to create page layouts for the vast majority of book projects.
November 24, 2021

The best we found!

Kelsie Hamilton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We create a book (about 200 pages) for our Board Members twice a year. The product that we used to create for our board was very simple, not exciting, and was created by combining a bunch of PDFs. It really wasn't a very innovative product. So, we started to think about how to "spice" up our product, for readability (particularly on digital devices), and for engagement by our board. We've used it for the last two years now.
November 23, 2021

Love my InDesign

We use InDesign on the daily when working on catalogs, decks, sale sheets. It's a great tool when you have to lay out multiple pages including spreads when submitting artwork over to our printer. Easy to work with and love the overall layout when you have to manage pages, assets, and a plus when adding hyperlinks to objects.
We use Adobe InDesign here at Berlin Grey Design Studio whenever we have projects that revolve around print. Though not all are used for it it's great for working on projects like brochures or booklets – wherever pages are required. I personally enjoy using it over all of the Adobe Creative Suite softwares so I will use it for things like flyers and business cards too.
I'm a graphic designer of our design department. We are currently using [Adobe] InDesign for creating catalog, brochures, and sellsheets of our company's products. Every year our company will make new product catalog and new sellsheets, we are following the same template, which [Adobe] InDesign helps a lot with, so we just apply the master page and fill it in with new content, it makes our catalog style consist and also makes our lives easier.
Used in the marketing department to build high-level marketing packages for properties listed for sale. We use a combination of software to produce the components of the package and finish it in [Adobe] InDesign. The control of text elements and images is key to the finished product and there is no other product on the market that makes our work easy and possible.
As a digital marketing firm with government agencies as a key sector, compliance with Section 508 of the ADA and WCAG is critical when producing documents. [Adobe] InDesign allows us to produce documents compliant for low vision users, without limiting aesthetics the same way that other programs do. In addition, its built in features allow maintaining multiple clients effortless.
I use in-Design as : 1) A user (an architect and educator) 2) An educator 3) A project manager for junior architects My experience is different in the 3 ways. As a user, I use it for layouts of design projects, design portfolios and research submissions. It helps me achieve a clean look for the project I am working on. I also use it as a thinking tool. However, with students and junior architects I guide, I find it more useful as the last stop before printing out a project.
We have used Adobe InDesign for the past 3 years at our organization primarily in the Marketing Department. It has been a tremendous help in creating and publishing professional flyers and/or digital handouts to provide to potential customers with targeted hyperlinks and application images. We do not see any other program currently offered with such sophistication as Adobe InDesign.
We use Adobe InDesign mainly for self promotional products such as marketing brochures and customer proposals. It is being used by the design team for jobs that need the finest control and execution from concept to print. It is the tool to use when the product needs to look exactly how you expect.
Adobe InDesign is our go-to software application for designing and creating the layout of our printed product brochures and information booklets. It is used exclusively in the marketing department, but we also create printed material for our R&D department. There is no other software application available that allows this kind of speed and ease of use when it comes to layout tasks.
We use Adobe InDesign daily for all of our presentations. I use it when creating mood boards, as well as presentations for properties and plans, FF&E, etc. It is a great presentation tool, and super intuitive to use. It makes all of our presentations look seamless and professional.
I am currently the only user at my company using Adobe InDesign. I use it for graphic design, along with a few other Adobe products. InDesign is GREAT for use in graphic design. I use it to help create and edit books and covers etc. A great option to make your products look and seem very professional.
Avery Chipman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Adobe InDesign to put together marketing materials, proposals to clients, presentation materials, and occasionally other one-offs. We typically use it to either make 8.5x11" booklets for print, or 6:9 digital presentations. Our marketing department uses it on a daily basis, and our interiors department uses it frequently (maybe for a task/project once every two weeks). We love to use InDesign because we can combine crucial graphics we've manipulated in other Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator) with text, while being able to manipulate and edit the text easily. InDesign is so useful for putting text documents together because it allows for the creation of Paragraph Styles, Master Pages, and quick layout tools, while also being able to spell-check your text.
Nathan Morimitsu | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use InDesign to develop printed marketing materials ranging from business cards to brochures. The ease of usability, especially when it comes to updating graphics on a regular basis, makes InDesign my go-to for developing our frequently used printed materials. I also use it to create PDF files that are easy to search and browse, making for a more immersive experience on a computer or mobile device.
October 27, 2020

Adobe InDesign Review

Chris Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer
InDesign is something I use whenever I need to layout print documents. It's occasionally used to work with files sent over by clients so I can prepare them for animation. It isn't ideal, but I'm thankful for having InDesign as another tool available to do this.

InDesign is mostly helpful for digital to print, and as such, it's how we use it.
Allie (Allison) Egerer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe InDesign is currently being used in our company to create and/or receive design files for our clients' direct mail needs, this mostly includes forms and envelopes. We also use it to create the copy decks for the direct mail we send out. The software is only used by our Marketing and Lettershop departments. The reason we choose Adobe InDesign over other products is because of it's complexity and because of its standardization in the industry. As far as complexity goes, we have found that other products just don't seem to compare when it comes to the amount of things the tool itself can do. We use it for aspects such as mail merge, layering, shared libraries, master pages, and much more. When it comes to standardization in the industry, you really aren't going to find a more standard product used for design than an Adobe product. It makes it much easier to work in a agency setting, like we do, when you use the same products as your clients.