- Plan and allocating quarterly budgets.
- Providing reports on your budget.
- Generating "MRM" codes to tie our purchase orders in finance to our project codes within our individual team budgets.
- The wording between the "plan" and "forecast" sections can be confusing at first, as they both imply the same type of activity.
- Better recovery options for admins if folders are accidentally deleted - had this happen and took a week of manual recreation from an internal admin to get us up and running again.
- Easy to use
- Excellent customer support
- Product development is accessible for product enhancement ideas
- Not really at fault of Allocadia, but my marketing users have many different programs that they are using in addition, which makes things complicated. (ie. Project management tool for managing projects and workload, Allocadia, for building the budget, marketing automation for building campaigns, Salesforce for tracking campaigns, etc....)
The primary business problems we've seen solved by Allocadia:
- Misalignment between Finance and Marketing on current forecast
- Disparate ways of tracking similar marketing spend
- Inability to transfer, cut, and add budgets with confidence
- Low visibility in the budgeting roll-ups across multiple budgets and organizations
- The user interface is clean, well-thought out, and easy for marketers to use. It behaves like their spreadsheets in all the right ways...without the baggage of having budgets locked into separate spreadsheets.
- Allocadia knows that revenue attribution is important, and has great out-of-the-box adapters to flow actual spend and actual performance in to the tool.
- The reporting engine is both substance and style. Data is accurate, can be sliced-and-diced, and is easy for marketers to get what they want in an ad hoc fashion, if a canned report does not already exist. The visuals are also excellent, which promotes the use of analysis.
- I look forward to improvements on the approvals engine. The latest release is fantastic, and with a couple more additions, it will be even more robust.
- I would like to eventually see integrations / adapters to project management (MRM workflow) solutions. Part of controlling marketing cost and improving ROI is measuring and improving the marketing process. Marketers would really benefit from being able to manage process and capacity alongside spend and performance.
- The Allocadia interface is simple to use and understand, which helps end user adoption.
- Allocadia contains powerful analytic tools that easily display a visual representation of your data.
- Allocadia is purpose built for marketers, and geared to easily track marketing performance.
- I would like to see a greater focus on organizational roles via the ability to create user groups, and custom security groups in Allocadia.
- I look forward to improvements on the approvals engine.
- Individuality. Allocadia was kind of a start-up when we first got in touch. They adjusted a lot of their functionalities, layout and usability in order to fit our needs.
- Easy to use. It is very easy to keep control over all the stats while the users take advantage of a nice and easy user interface.
- Great support. Although we have a time shift of about 10-11 hours (Europe to Canada) we are experiencing a fast, proper and friendly support in any cases.
- An integrated calculator as well as an currency exchange calculator. It would make working with the stats a lot easier if some additional tools would be available.
- Improve the general performance. A topic which is valid at any time. No matter how good your performance is lately, there's always room for improvement.
- Some smaller adjustments regarding the usability would be great to ease the budget entry process - but as far s I am informed, some changes and updates are coming up with the HTML5 solution
- Allocadia's customer support not just in the setup but as we continue to use it is fantastic. They are fast and very, very helpful.
- Allocadia was set up to provide my company with as many solutions as possible. We are also given the opportunity to continue to manipulate it within the confines of the structure to make it an even better tool for our department.
- Because we use Allocadia slightly differently than the typical user, it can be a little clunky for us. However, we have been able to fix almost all issues/problems so that we can use the software in so many more ways than previously imagined.
- The amount of time it takes to refresh data into their analytics tab can be frustrating. I understand the reasoning behind it but having to wait 5 minutes for it to update so you can pull an accurate report can be tiresome.
- Consolidates budget information (planned, allocated, spent, etc.) in a single location.
- Rolls up and enhances the stored data with custom metrics (calculations) and other conversion processes.
- Displays data in custom dashboards that really bring the numbers to life.
- Integration with key data systems such as Google AdWords or Bing Ads.
- More direct and/or user-friendly data import and export processes (pertaining to raw data and flat files).
- Customer experience is key and Allocadia delivers exceptional service. The support team is fantastic and issues are resolved quickly.
- The tool lends itself well to customization, which has been especially helpful for us. For example, we have developed approval reports to streamline the invoice approval process and we have been able to customize the tags to see what has been committed, paid, etc
- The drag and drop feature can be a little finicky on the budgets tab. You have to have just the right touch to get something to nest properly.
- There is a strange glitch sometimes when selecting a vendor in the actuals tab: No matter how many times I'll select a certain vendor from the drop down, it will somehow choose a random different one.
- It would be cool if the amounts entered into the PO panel could automatically total up and populate the forecast field.
Allocadia Scorecard Summary
Allocadia is software designed to make an organization’s marketing planning process more efficient and more strategic. Users can create, collaborate and share marketing plans that align with their company’s priorities. Users can also forecast the ROI from their plans and predict their revenue impact.
The solution is cloud-based and helps marketing teams of any size collaborate to create and manage global budgets in any currency without the need for spreadsheets.
This solution gives marketing leaders complete visibility into their marketing performance. Allocadia integrates with CRM, finance, and marketing technology systems. The vendor says that their solution offers powerful analytics, so CMOs can get quick and accurate insights into any aspect of marketing — from plans all the way through to revenue.
Allocadia Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||30%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||70%|
Allocadia Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Allocadia Technical Details