Amazon Pay

Amazon Pay Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Siddhant Tripathi | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have integrated Amazon Pay into our website using the Razorpay payment gateway. This integration required very little effort and was set up in minutes. On the other hand while directly integrating Amazon Pay with your website, [I feel it] requires a high amount of technical knowledge. The documentation is also available for different steps of integration.
  • Cashbacks - Rewards it users for paying using Amazon Pay
  • Multiple Payment Options - Gift cards, Amazon Pay Balance, Credit Cards, etc.
  • Instant refunds on certain payment methods
  • Amazon Pay Balance can not be transferred to your bank account unlike other softwares.
  • Amazon Pay Balance can not be used to purchase certain gift cards.
Amazon Pay can be used on websites like e-commerce, subscriptions, etc.; it can also be used by local businesses for taking payment via UPI. [I feel] Amazon Pay is less appropriate to use if you sell gift cards because gift cards can not be purchased using Amazon Pay Balance, because [in my experience] most of the buyers prefer using Amazon Pay Balance.
September 10, 2021

The Miracle Of Amazon Pay

Shahid Madki | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have merged Amazon Pay as a payment portal for various b2b networks. It assists our clients to reach one-click payments and a fast follow-up action for customers. Amazon Pay is an easy platform. We can also pay employees' salaries from Amazon Pay. Our company uses Amazon Pay to pay electricity bills [as well]. It's very helpful for our company. The comprehensive experience was great.
  • Very secure
  • Customer support is great
  • Very easily shopping
  • Send money easily
  • I hate Amazon Pay because its internet consumption is very high.
  • One thing I need to improve is the user interface and the time to load the screen.
I would suggest everyone use Amazon Pay. Fast and easy payment app. There are so many features and offers. You can get cashback as well. You can also add gift cards to Amazon pay. You can save a lot of time as well as money by using Amazon pay.
  • no training
Akshay Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have integrated Amazon Pay as a payment gateway for multiple e-commerce websites. It has a wide range of payment options for almost all the international vendors across multiple locations around the globe. It provides a user-friendly interface to make payments and [it has a] high success rate.
  • Ease of use for end users
  • Trusted by a large group of users due to its global presence
  • Detailed documentation is available with code examples for initial setup and use
  • Cashback and coupons for discount on each transaction
  • Mobile app UI is bit slow and lags, apart from that no other cons.
Amazon Pay is one of the best payment options which can be integrated and deployed on any Android, IOS and desktop web apps. The user just needs to sign in using their Amazon account and payments can be made. It is fast and convenient payment solution.
Ramakant Rout | TrustRadius Reviewer
Amazon Pay is an essential platform for me to pay the salary of employees, receive money from clients, and integrate it to my website to get the money.

Amazon Pay is an easy platform where we can send money to anyone using one mobile number. Only the receiver needs an Amazon Pay account to receive the money.
  • Amazon Pay is an easy platform to integrate with shopping sites
  • Amazon Pay is easily integrated with a WordPress site for receiving the money from users
  • You can book air tickets, bus tickets, and railway tickets using Amazon Pay, and it is completely safe and secure.
  • Amazon Pay is simple and one can send the money easily
  • Once you have added the money to the Amazon Pay wallet, you can't transfer it to your bank account and you are not able to purchase an Amazon gift card
  • Sometimes Amazon Pay is slow in server
  • Amazon Pay customer support is not good for India
Amazon is well suited for transferring money and valued services. Amazon Pay is a very good payment gateway that we can use with WordPress websites and other shopping sites. It is an easy platform where a user can easily pay the money to purchase the product and the receiver company also checks the same into their account within minutes.
Panav Beri | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have added Amazon Pay as an addon on a PrestaShop website. It helped our client to achieve one-click payments and a fast checkout process for the customers. Since Amazon Pay has a global presence with millions of active users, it helped us to improve the user experience on the website with simplified payment options.
  • Easy installation and integration with PrestaShop
  • Fast and trusted
  • Secure transactions
  • Large user base across the globe
  • Documentation for initial setup needs improvement
Amazon Pay is a very fast, reliable, and secure payment option that can be integrated easily with your website. It offers a great user experience and costing is also very competitive as compared to other popular payment vendors. It can be used with small, medium, and large businesses.
Vinay Kumar Pandey | TrustRadius Reviewer
By the name Amazon it means trust and a worthy brand. Our whole organization uses Amazon Pay to pay phone bills and to do money transfers for business purposes. It is the fastest and a trustworthy way to transfer money at a fast pace without any time delay with good back-end services.
  • Better service
  • Trustworthy
  • Need to improve more when there is more traffic on the internet so that there should be any payment struck.
Amazon Pay is well suited if you want to transfer money, pay bills for anything, you want to recharge your phone. But when there is more traffic on the internet there is a bit lag which amazon needs to improve. Sometimes payment gets struck when there is more traffic. They need to tackle this issue.
Aditya Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Amazon Pay is new to the payments world and it has variety of features ranging from credit card bill payments to paying our electricity bill online. Also since it's new to market it provides users with a lot of coupons and offers which attracts users instead of going to other payment plateform. At one single place we can pay our bills as well with the Amazon Pay we can do online shopping as well.
  • Payment without failure- Compared to other platforms in Amazon pay we can conveniently pay through the wallet which reduces the risk of payment failure
  • Range and variety- Amazon Pay provides a variety of transactions, we can pay from our electricity bills to shopping online.
  • Rewards and coupons - it's quite obvious that the platforms that are new to the market provide with a range of coupons and rewards so does Amazon Pay.
  • Interface - Amazon Pay team needs to work on its interface, I feel it lags in the user experience with the payment platform compared to its peers
  • Dedicated app- Amazon Pay must come with a dedicated app just like Google Pay and Paytm for more convenience.
  • Payment on other e-commerce sites- with the wallet amount we are not able to make payment on other e-commerce sites- like flipkart
Amazon Pay does a fantastic job in avoiding the risk of payment failure. Suppose you are on a visit to someplace and you make payment through Google Pay and the payment does not succeed. Rather, it is showing in pending mode. So you will have to make the payment again. This leads to the risk of double payment to the same merchant. But through Amazon Pay, the risk of payment failure is very minimal.

Amazon Pay should have a dedicated app for it's users , in thus manner we can make payments to other e-commerce sites , currently it's limited to Amazon only.
Amazon Pay was used as a Payment Gateway solution last year - when we have delivered a project to our UAE client requiring multiple location support & later we have deployed this product for our Internal Use Case within our firm - making one of our preferred mode of Payment Gateway for solutions cross selling and purchase by our B2B clients. Overall experience was great.
  • Ease of Integration and deployment
  • Customer support is great - both L1 & L2 level
  • API documentation is thorough & even has trouble shooting section to handle post go live issue to certain extent
  • Overall Costing per txn can be a bit lower - specially for B2B channels with less txn volume
  • UI Interface is great but yes can be a better
I will rate Amazon Pay 9.5/10 because at overall value generation board it stands out among others because of Technical Ease of Integration, Multi Location support, Customer support during & post solution deployment. Txn Failure rates are minimal compared to other Payment Gateways which were integrated for UAE Project so no doubt it is best in class.
Amazon Pay is being used by our organization to collect payments on our website. It makes paying and processing easier because Amazon Pay is simple to use and has a lot of users and allows for one-click purchases.
  • Gives out rewards.
  • Opens payment to millions of other users.
  • Makes collecting payments easier.
  • This is not necessarily a room for improvement with Amazon, but it just makes another payment account where payment can be collected and just makes the process more complicated and can get distracting.
If you are selling online it is a great idea to accept Amazon Pay because it can allow you to open up your market to additional users.
June 24, 2021

Great product

Amazon Pay is being used by our organization to be able to receive and make payments to different individuals or businesses and for our products or to collect payments from clients. It is super easy to use from the business and individual perspective and makes sending and receiving payments a breeze.
  • It is run by Amazon, so [it has a] very efficient and great interface.
  • Not a lot of fees or high fees especially compared to other platforms.
  • Could have more people who use it.
  • Card selection easier before buying.
  • Faster payouts when collecting payments.
I would definitely recommend this tool to somebody if I was asked.
Amazon Pay makes it simple for most of our worldwide customers to pay for products and services using the information already stored in their Amazon accounts, since most of them already have it. Since it’s a familiar buying experience [for] many customers, the implementation of the service improve[s] the client experience.
  • Easy check-out
  • Help increase conversions
  • Lower cart abandonments
  • Design and layout can be improved.
  • Integration with other providers.
  • Email payment alerts can be improved.
Amazon Pay is a convenient online payment solution.The platform interface present[s] a simple very design so that clients can easily process their payments. Amazon assures a very fast and time saving experience. Many clients appreciate the service, so implementing it as digital payment service increase[s] the customer satisfaction.
I have used Amazon Pay with personal purchases in the past. It is a great tool to use if you already have an Amazon account and want a single sign on with your Amazon information. We no longer use Amazon Pay in my business situation, but used it in the past and were happy with it. Amazon Pay for Business is very useful to increase sales by providing the customer with my ways to check out.
  • Optimizing checkout speed.
  • The ability to use one account.
  • Great savings when using it.
  • Not accepted by all non-Amazon affiliated merchants.
  • Not the best mobile app.
Amazon Pay is well suited in any situation where the user may have an Amazon account. It gives them another option to checkout quickly without having to put in all of their information. It has trustworthy security and very useful from a customer perspective who trusts Amazon.
Amazon Pay is great! It is a platform that we can use to send money to anyone who uses a mobile phone number, but only the person to whom the money is sent must have an Amazon Pay account in order to receive the money.

In my case, I use it to be able to charge my clients for different jobs that I do at the IT level.
  • Transfers on the platform are safe
  • It is very easy to integrate with platforms
  • The platform is very simple and that makes it very easy to use
  • The only bad thing I see is that sometimes it takes many days to settle the payments.
Amazon Pay is one of the best tools to send and receive money, in my case, being from Latin America, it helped me to be able to charge services all over the world. It is a very safe and highly recommended platform.
Arup Kumar Pal | TrustRadius Reviewer
It solves the peer to peer instant payment solution within the organization. Currently, it is being tested across multiple departments with a plan for extending in the future.
  • Instant payment via UPI
  • Acceptance of Amazon Pay across multiple merchants
  • Frequents offers
  • More penetration to other markets.
  • More acceptance in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
  • Making it a separate entity from the Amazon.in app.
It is well suited for cases like UPI payment or payment across merchants currently supported via Amazon Pay, while it is less appropriate for small merchants in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
I use Amazon Pay to do all kind of shopping either online or at mall/store. Every month I top up Amazon Pay and then use those to purchase grocery, recharge mobile/DTH. Sending money through UPI to my friends. And in doing these things, Amazon Pay always gives cash back. Hence, my wallet keeps on increasing according to purchases made. I love this feature so much.
  • When money is deposited into Amazon Pay, it can be used to do shopping for A to Z items.
  • After every shopping, some cash back is given, which gives cheers to the user.
  • One can send money through its UPI payment option, also mobile/DTH can be recharged using it and cash back is issued every month.
  • I recently won a gift card and I could not fully utilize it because secondary payment mode is considered when Amazon Pay becomes 0. My suggestion is, there should be an option for changing primary mode of payment.
Amazon Pay is widely used all over the world. I use it for purchasing household items, recharging mobile/dish TV, sending money to others. It can be used in shops/malls also. One of its limitation is it always requires internet connection.
It is very useful and widely accepted globally.
February 19, 2020

Amazon Pay-dirt!

Amazon Pay is being used as a form of "petty cash" or "cash on hand" for small purchases with local vendors for specialty, limited, or one-time use products. It's convenient, easy to track, convenient for the user, and the local business. A specified amount of "discretionary" funds are budgeted for each applicable user/employee and can be utilized all at once or across months, and several purchases.
  • Great use of discretionary funds that would not be billed as other, more standard budget items.
  • Easy access of funds for specialty purchases that are traceable on a "rolling" budget account.
  • I've not seen a great deal of advertising across various social medium to promote this product across large industries.
  • I don't know if there is an offline feature where transactions can be made with a "pending" payment status, which ensures the seller the payment cannot be canceled or altered but allows for offline use. I'm not even sure this is a possibility.
For our medium-sized organization, which is a strong supporter of local businesses/entrepreneurs, and has diverse funding sources, Amazon Pay is a real asset. It is reliable, convenient, easy to track expenses and revenue, and keeps a history of transactions across various timeframes. It would be an excellent application for new and upcoming small businesses as well, minimal overhead, and a commonly accepted form of payment/garnering revenue.
There has been little need for support services due to the intuitive and user-friendly format of the Amazon Pay application.
February 18, 2020

Amazon Get Paid

Amazon Pay is a payment option we have implemented for customers to use for check-out on our website. It is not used by the whole organization. The business problem it addresses is payment options. We believe in giving the customer as many options as possible to complete their check-out and become a happy customer.
  • Processes payments
  • Brand recognition
  • n/a
  • n/a
Amazon Pay is best suited in a checkout e-commerce environment. It does not make sense to use Amazon Pay as a business in any other instance. I personally think it is a solid competitor to PayPal. When reviewing payment methods, not many consumers choose the Amazon Pay option. The adoption rate is not as big as with PayPal.
Amazon Pay gets a rating of 9 because it does not drastically improve the business. That said, it allows us to offer another payment method for users who trust Amazon and will always or only checkout with Amazon Pay. The support team for Amazon Pay is top-notch and will help get all issues resolved.
We use Amazon Pay on a few different websites that we run and it is fantastic. The integration was very clean and easy for us because of the web platform that we use (Shopify Plus). With so many people using and loving Amazon, adding in the one-click checkout option with Amazon Pay makes conversion rates better and makes for a much better checkout process. Since we implemented it, we have heard from several customers that appreciate it as an option. It has been really good for us.
  • Simple implementation for Shopify Plus users.
  • Nice jump in conversion rate from the time that we launched it.
  • We have not found any issues or areas that we find lacking.
I think that any place that you can add in Amazon Pay as a business, you should. The real impact of Amazon Pay is hard to measure, but we know that conversion rates go up and customers appreciate the simple option at checkout. If you think about how huge Amazon really is, it is staggering not to use them in any and every way possible. Almost 50% of all internet transactions occur on Amazon so think about how many people already have checkout details and information saved with Amazon. And the fact that they can use all of those details on your checkout with the click of 1 button, it is a no brainer. Personally, I hate shopping anywhere but Amazon and will always check there first just for ease of operations. So if a site gives me the option to checkout through my Amazon details, I'm 1000x more likely to buy from them. And also, by adding it to your site you are getting the credibility that comes from having the Amazon logo on your checkout page. That is good for your business!
Anytime that we have had any issues, it was super quick and easy to find answers and get what we needed. It is a pretty simple setup and implementation, so we rarely, if ever, have issues that need to be resolved. That is part of the reason we love Amazon Pay so much, it requires zero maintenance and works great right out of the box. A seamless, simple implementation for Shopify Plus.
Amazon Pay is used as a supplemental payment platform for my business. We added it after a few of our customers demanded it as an alternative to PayPal and our main payment merchant and has been very smooth and hassle-free to use.
  • We are using the BigCommerce platform, and to set-up Amazon pay I literally had to add it to our Amazon seller central account then our BigCommerce account and that was it. Extremely simple set-up process.
  • When implemented, Amazon pays integrated with our Amazon Seller Central account so we didn't need to worry about having to keep another login on file and everything regarding Amazon Pay can be easily accessed from seller central.
  • The checkout with the Amazon button that is added is very useful for our e-commerce shop and the best thing that it provides is automatic inputting of our customers' data making the checkout process easier for them.
  • Great customer service that is timely and easy to get ahold of.
  • Amazon Pay's processing fees are a tad bit higher than PayPal and Braintree.
  • A curious thing that Amazon Pay should consider adding to third party e-commerce company websites is the ability to buy products using Amazon Gift Cards as well as credit cards.
  • Amazon Pay takes 2-3 business days for payments to clear which is longer than our other payment processors, an inconvenience for sure.
I would recommend Amazon Pay to any colleague that has an e-commerce business. While we are not using Amazon Pay as just our dedicated payment processor, it makes for an excellent supplement to any business that values convenience for their customers and themselves. Amazon Pay is safe and very very easy to implement to any website through just a few clicks and I'm happy to report that we haven't had any major issues with them since implementation.
Support is very fast and helpful, I've only reached out to them a couple of times and both times were very positive experiences. The first time around the support agent walked me through the entire process of using Amazon Pay for the first time and I was in and out of the call with a fully set-up Amazon Pay account in 15 minutes.
January 08, 2019

Amazon Pay pays to use

John McCulley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Amazon Pay to power the credit card processing for several customer payment portals. It was the simplest to set up, most robust, and the easiest to develop for when we were looking for solutions.
  • Great API. Makes development a breeze.
  • Solid integrations. Makes setting up apps and portals simpler.
  • Excellent security. Your users can be comforted by the level of protection.
  • API documentation examples can be hard to find.
  • A pre-built portal would be a good addition.
  • Low rate of adoption thus far makes self-troubleshooting difficult.
Well suited for:
  1. Online payment gateways
  2. E-commerce
  3. Single product installations
Not well-suited for:
  1. Accounting integration
  2. Invoicing installations
  3. Quickbooks
We use Amazon Pay as an online payment processor for e-commerce websites. Amazon Pay, like many other online payment processors, provides reliable payment processing for e-commerce along with a trusted name that everyone recognizes. Amazon Pay also makes it easier for customers who have Amazon accounts to use their saved payment methods making the checkout process easier.
  • Customers with Amazon accounts can use saved payment methods, making their checkout faster and easier.
  • Works seamlessly across devices, computer, tablet, and mobile.
  • No need to create a new account, customers can use their Amazon accounts.
  • Secure, reliable, and the name alone gives customers peace of mind.
  • Sign up process is a bit tedious and long, would love to see a simpler process.
  • Does not handle ACH transactions, though most processors don't...but it would be a nice feature from a leader in the industry.
  • Withdrawal times! Ugh, 5-7 days? There are other processors that are much faster...there's no reason Amazon can't be either.
Amazon Pay is well suited for any type of e-commerce online payment processing. The fees are equivalent to Paypal and Square, which are higher than using a merchant account. There are no setup fees. The process to set up an account is a bit tedious but you can be assured of security with Amazon.

What is Amazon Pay?

Amazon Pay is a payment and fraud protection service for ecommerce merchants allowing shoppers to log in with their amazon credentials and make purchases.

Amazon Pay Video