Amazon Pay Reviews

Vivek Shukla | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2020

Your secondary digital wallet!

I use Amazon Pay to do all kind of shopping either online or at mall/store. Every month I top up Amazon Pay and then use those to purchase grocery, recharge mobile/DTH. Sending money through UPI to my friends. And in doing these things, Amazon Pay always gives cash back. Hence, my wallet keeps on increasing according to purchases made. I love this feature so much.
  • When money is deposited into Amazon Pay, it can be used to do shopping for A to Z items.
  • After every shopping, some cash back is given, which gives cheers to the user.
  • One can send money through its UPI payment option, also mobile/DTH can be recharged using it and cash back is issued every month.
  • I recently won a gift card and I could not fully utilize it because secondary payment mode is considered when Amazon Pay becomes 0. My suggestion is, there should be an option for changing primary mode of payment.
Amazon Pay is widely used all over the world. I use it for purchasing household items, recharging mobile/dish TV, sending money to others. It can be used in shops/malls also. One of its limitation is it always requires internet connection.
Read Vivek Shukla's full review
February 19, 2020

Amazon Pay-dirt!

Amazon Pay is being used as a form of "petty cash" or "cash on hand" for small purchases with local vendors for specialty, limited, or one-time use products. It's convenient, easy to track, convenient for the user, and the local business. A specified amount of "discretionary" funds are budgeted for each applicable user/employee and can be utilized all at once or across months, and several purchases.
  • Great use of discretionary funds that would not be billed as other, more standard budget items.
  • Easy access of funds for specialty purchases that are traceable on a "rolling" budget account.
  • I've not seen a great deal of advertising across various social medium to promote this product across large industries.
  • I don't know if there is an offline feature where transactions can be made with a "pending" payment status, which ensures the seller the payment cannot be canceled or altered but allows for offline use. I'm not even sure this is a possibility.
For our medium-sized organization, which is a strong supporter of local businesses/entrepreneurs, and has diverse funding sources, Amazon Pay is a real asset. It is reliable, convenient, easy to track expenses and revenue, and keeps a history of transactions across various timeframes. It would be an excellent application for new and upcoming small businesses as well, minimal overhead, and a commonly accepted form of payment/garnering revenue.
February 18, 2020

Amazon Get Paid

Amazon Pay is a payment option we have implemented for customers to use for check-out on our website. It is not used by the whole organization. The business problem it addresses is payment options. We believe in giving the customer as many options as possible to complete their check-out and become a happy customer.
  • Processes payments
  • Brand recognition
  • n/a
  • n/a
Amazon Pay is best suited in a checkout e-commerce environment. It does not make sense to use Amazon Pay as a business in any other instance. I personally think it is a solid competitor to PayPal. When reviewing payment methods, not many consumers choose the Amazon Pay option. The adoption rate is not as big as with PayPal.
December 12, 2019

Amazon Pay is a Must for Checkout Options!

We use Amazon Pay on a few different websites that we run and it is fantastic. The integration was very clean and easy for us because of the web platform that we use (Shopify Plus). With so many people using and loving Amazon, adding in the one-click checkout option with Amazon Pay makes conversion rates better and makes for a much better checkout process. Since we implemented it, we have heard from several customers that appreciate it as an option. It has been really good for us.
  • Simple implementation for Shopify Plus users.
  • Nice jump in conversion rate from the time that we launched it.
  • We have not found any issues or areas that we find lacking.
I think that any place that you can add in Amazon Pay as a business, you should. The real impact of Amazon Pay is hard to measure, but we know that conversion rates go up and customers appreciate the simple option at checkout. If you think about how huge Amazon really is, it is staggering not to use them in any and every way possible. Almost 50% of all internet transactions occur on Amazon so think about how many people already have checkout details and information saved with Amazon. And the fact that they can use all of those details on your checkout with the click of 1 button, it is a no brainer. Personally, I hate shopping anywhere but Amazon and will always check there first just for ease of operations. So if a site gives me the option to checkout through my Amazon details, I'm 1000x more likely to buy from them. And also, by adding it to your site you are getting the credibility that comes from having the Amazon logo on your checkout page. That is good for your business!
October 21, 2019

A great payment option for your e-commerce website

Amazon Pay is used as a supplemental payment platform for my business. We added it after a few of our customers demanded it as an alternative to PayPal and our main payment merchant and has been very smooth and hassle-free to use.
  • We are using the BigCommerce platform, and to set-up Amazon pay I literally had to add it to our Amazon seller central account then our BigCommerce account and that was it. Extremely simple set-up process.
  • When implemented, Amazon pays integrated with our Amazon Seller Central account so we didn't need to worry about having to keep another login on file and everything regarding Amazon Pay can be easily accessed from seller central.
  • The checkout with the Amazon button that is added is very useful for our e-commerce shop and the best thing that it provides is automatic inputting of our customers' data making the checkout process easier for them.
  • Great customer service that is timely and easy to get ahold of.
  • Amazon Pay's processing fees are a tad bit higher than PayPal and Braintree.
  • A curious thing that Amazon Pay should consider adding to third party e-commerce company websites is the ability to buy products using Amazon Gift Cards as well as credit cards.
  • Amazon Pay takes 2-3 business days for payments to clear which is longer than our other payment processors, an inconvenience for sure.
I would recommend Amazon Pay to any colleague that has an e-commerce business. While we are not using Amazon Pay as just our dedicated payment processor, it makes for an excellent supplement to any business that values convenience for their customers and themselves. Amazon Pay is safe and very very easy to implement to any website through just a few clicks and I'm happy to report that we haven't had any major issues with them since implementation.
John McCulley | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2019

Amazon Pay pays to use

We use Amazon Pay to power the credit card processing for several customer payment portals. It was the simplest to set up, most robust, and the easiest to develop for when we were looking for solutions.
  • Great API. Makes development a breeze.
  • Solid integrations. Makes setting up apps and portals simpler.
  • Excellent security. Your users can be comforted by the level of protection.
  • API documentation examples can be hard to find.
  • A pre-built portal would be a good addition.
  • Low rate of adoption thus far makes self-troubleshooting difficult.
Well suited for:
  3. Quickbooks
Read John McCulley's full review
January 28, 2019

Amazon Pay - online payment processing for e-commerce

We use Amazon Pay as an online payment processor for e-commerce websites. Amazon Pay, like many other online payment processors, provides reliable payment processing for e-commerce along with a trusted name that everyone recognizes. Amazon Pay also makes it easier for customers who have Amazon accounts to use their saved payment methods making the checkout process easier.
  • Customers with Amazon accounts can use saved payment methods, making their checkout faster and easier.
  • Works seamlessly across devices, computer, tablet, and mobile.
  • No need to create a new account, customers can use their Amazon accounts.
  • Secure, reliable, and the name alone gives customers peace of mind.
  • Sign up process is a bit tedious and long, would love to see a simpler process.
  • Does not handle ACH transactions, though most processors don't...but it would be a nice feature from a leader in the industry.
  • Withdrawal times! Ugh, 5-7 days? There are other processors that are much faster...there's no reason Amazon can't be either.
Amazon Pay is well suited for any type of e-commerce online payment processing. The fees are equivalent to Paypal and Square, which are higher than using a merchant account. There are no setup fees. The process to set up an account is a bit tedious but you can be assured of security with Amazon.

About Amazon Pay

Amazon Pay is a payment and fraud protection service for ecommerce merchants allowing shoppers to log in with their amazon credentials and make purchases.