Reviews (1-2 of 2)
August 04, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
It has been used by our department and it was a great solution to create and produce ads for mobile devices. Previously we were developing using HTML5, which is great, but the performance was not on par with iAd.
- Animations with great performance
- Better integration with Apple ads platform
- The workflow is really straightforward and the learning curve is basic
- It could have a better user interface
- Could be simpler to test the ads
- The workflow of prototyping and delivery could be improved, since we work with other developers and it could allow us to share between different computers (like project versioning)
Read this authenticated review
Apple iAd is great for advertising agencies in need for a simpler way to create and develop mobile ads on Apple devices. It really allowed us to improve the team productivity.
I developed creative content for Apple iAds purchased by a leading automaker. The ads were intended to highlight specific features of different brand models, targeted toward the demographic audience most likely to be interested in those models. The iAd platform allowed our client to reach said audience on the mobile devices and digital content they use most frequently.
- Potential to develop entirely new creative content to impress existing proof points on a target audience.
- Use of intuitive device features that help bring creative content to life in a relevant way.
- A compelling platform upon which to repackage and represent existing creative.
- There were certain features of the mobile devices we weren't able to access, such as vibration, which could've enhanced the overall user experience.
- The development process could've been more streamlined for creatives and marketers not intimately familiar with the platform.
- More functionality in the initial banners could've resulted in increased engagement.
Read Justin Mularski's full review
I think iAd works best when it's possible to create a fresh immersive experience. If you're only using the platform to repurpose content a user could easily find elsewhere, it may not be worth their time or yours. If the product or message supports development of content that provides value, entertainment or otherwise, for a user, the platform offers ample opportunity.