Reviews (1-10 of 10)
October 18, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
Our accounts receivable department uses Authorize.Net to process credit card transactions. We have a different processor that we use for the majority of our transactions, but there are certain limitations with this other platform, so we use Authorize.Net as a supplementary service. One of the situations in which we use Authorize.Net is when a single transaction is for invoices on multiple accounts. With Authorize.Net it is easy to allocate the funds across different accounts. Authorize.Net also does not limit the dollar amount for transactions, which is very helpful for our high-billing customers.
- Authorize.Net is extremely secure. The advanced fraud detection suite is great at preventing chargebacks and fraudulent transactions.
- Authorize.Net processes transactions very quickly. The funds are deposited quickly as well.
- Authorize.Net does not limit the size of transactions.
- Authorize.Net can process transactions is many different currencies, which is especially helpful for a global company such as the one I work for.
- Authorize.Net is much more expensive than other services offering basically the same thing.
Read this authenticated review
Authorize.Net is best for mid to large size companies that need to process large transactions and are worried about fraud or potential chargebacks. Small businesses are probably better off going with a different option since there are many less expensive options out there that offer very similar features for credit card processing.
July 14, 2018
I use authorize.net to process and track online payments for my organization. This tool is very user friendly. I have had no training but have been able to easily navigate the site. The reports are also very easy to use. I'm able to organize and track payment information with very little effort.
- Authorize.Net operates seamlessly to process our online payments.
- Authoize.Net has a super user-friendly administrator site.
- Authorize.Net has a great reporting feature.
- The administrator home page is a bit cluttered. They would be better served to use more drop down lists, etc. to free up some space on the home page.
Read Sandy Breihan Sinclair's full review
I have not utilized any other payment processing systems to have anything in which to compare authorize.net to. I will say that I have been very impressed with how easy this system is to use. It is incredibly user friendly and intuitive. I have had no formal training but have been able to navigate the system as an administrator with no issues whatsoever.
Score 4 out of 10
We used Authorize.Net in one of our big products as the main e-commerce payment gateway.
Read Jhonatan Arteaga's full review
I would not recommend it - based on my experience there are much better providers. Authorize.Net is one of the oldest payment gateways and it is starting to show, the interface is old and there were constant service interruptions. It was also a hassle to fight chargebacks on this system.
February 27, 2018
We implement Authorize.net as a payment gateway in a variety of situations, but primarily for ecommerce sites. I work with it primarily in an implementation, customization, and troubleshooting capacity. Authorize.net provides a secure and lower-risk method of collecting payment information online. Using Authorize.net can reduce PCI compliancy concerns for websites and businesses, and provide a cost-effective means of secure payment processing.
Read Chris Putnam's full review
If there is a third-party plugin or ready solution available, then typically integrating Authorize.net is very easy with that. In a more unique situation, a programmer might be needed. If collecting and/or saving payment, customer, and billing information, Authorize.net will likely fit well - possibly with some add-ons (such as CIM). Storing additional information may or may not be supported.
November 03, 2016
I used Authorize.net to complete development of the payment portal cycle using Authorize.net API and AngularJS modules. It was being used for a specific product that I was developing at Macate Corp. (through Innominds). Essentially, there’s no one out there setting up gateways at the same scale as Authorize.Net. They provide a ton of free add-on features, including fraud prevention filters, a simple checkout system, subscription/recurring billing and customer information storage for shipping addresses and payment info so your customers won’t have to reenter it every time. They also provide e-check processing (even without a merchant account) for an extra fee.
- There’s a lot to love about Authorize.Net. They provide a ton of free add-on features, including fraud prevention filters, a simple checkout system, subscription/recurring billing and customer information storage for shipping addresses and payment info so your customers won’t have to reenter it every time.
- They also provide e-check processing (even without a merchant account) for an extra fee.
- I also like that you can use the AuthNet virtual terminal with a USB card reader.
- The lack of data portability is a big issue for me.
- Authorize.net uses the same $49.00 gateway setup fee to scam merchants out of money, which is no better than any of the other gateways out there.
- Their customer service is not up to the mark. You can get stuck if you need any help from their end.
Read Mona Rajhans's full review
While other gateways (like Braintree) are a little fresher and more innovative than Authorize.Net, no one has the track record that AuthNet has. Plus you have to consider that if you want to use the Braintree gateway (or many others) without using their payment processing, you are stuck paying $49 per month plus $0.10 per transaction just for the gateway, which for many is just not cost effective. Authorize.Net, on the other hand, is often offered as a substantial discount from resellers, making it very attractive. Other unique features like their mobile app add to the appeal.
Score 10 out of 10
I used Authorized.net's payment gateway service for an e-Commerce site with a nopCommerce framework. Before Authorized.net, I used FirstData payment gateway service until we found out that FirstData couldn't do address verification properly. Therefore, the team and I decided to switch to Authorize.net. Ever since, all the online payments are properly processed by Authorized.net and it has even prevented fraud with fake credit card payments. I integrated Authorized.net over a Microsoft .Net C# platform and the integration process was easy.
- It worked very well with Address Verification System which we needed the most for our online customers to validate credit card payments.
- As a technical lead, integration with Microsoft .Net platform is easy for both a sandbox and live environment. I appreciate Authorized.net for its sandbox environment and SDK to test. So I was able to prove the payment integration service to business users.
- PCI compliance is of utmost importantance for our eCommerce site, but we're not ready yet to implement the infrastructure. Authorized.net has the PCI compliance that we need.
- Authorized.net's administration web site UI is very primitive while a lot of web sites are adapting to a modern UI design.
- Sometime my business users don't know how to use Authorized.net's admin site to manage customer transactions. That's where the usability issues are.
- I know sandbox is for testing, but sometimes I couldn't test a few scenarios in a sandbox environment. I received a server error and process failed error message with my test credit card intermittently. It is really important for us to test all possible scenarios, and Authorized.net's sandbox is the only environment we can rely on.
Read Christopher Thant's full review
So far, I'm happy with Authorized.net. Our eCommerce site is running well and there is nothing to complain about it. It is suited perfectly well for us (eCommerce team) to implement a payment gateway integration. It also worked for our business team who don't need to worry about fraudulent [transactions] and implementing a PCI compliant infrastructure.
July 22, 2016
Score 7 out of 10
We use authorize.net to handle all of our credit card transactions. We have two accounts one for our inside sales group and another for our ecommerce transactions. This allows us to keep a tighter security on our ecommerce transactions while making it easier for our inside sales people to do business with our trusted clients.
Read David Pulis's full review
It is great when you have an issue and need it resolved. The customer support team is excellent and very responsive. It is not so well suited for detecting fraud. The fraud suite is broad and it seems as its an all or nothing approach to limiting fraudulent transactions.
July 18, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Our company currently uses Authorize.net as one of a host of pay gateways whose implementation we offer to our client base. It is integrated into our contribution collection engine used across many of our clients' projects. It fits the needs of organizations looking for a simple way to link bank accounts to their web properties.
- Easy to connect to merchant accounts via plugin or API.
- Existing libraries make it fairly easy to plug and play with a variety of coding languages.
- Consistency in the API. As with any mature product, different areas of the API are at different stages. This can make integration of different features or products somewhat confusing.
- SSL protected/hosted JS library to offload any need for PCI compliance from the end user.
Read Alex Lada's full review
Authorize.net is very well suited for any scenario that requires linking merchant accounts to a website that is on PCI compliant servers. It is easy to add to any custom integration or plugin, regardless of coding language. It is also very well suited for creating subscription based payments. Finally, it offers a more robust set of functions for verification of credit cards/bank accounts, particularly when needing to verify the legitimacy of a card/account while delaying the capture of the funds.
Score 7 out of 10
We use Authorize.net as a payment gateway behind our organizational website donation pages. Authorize.net manages monthly and one time credit card charges. They manage transactions, configure levels of security, build reports. Authorize.net is a link between our website, the StayClassy portal and our bank.
Read Jake Dahlman's full review
- Adjust Security Fraud when needed.
- Manage monthly donor account, cancel or adjust. View all history on a donor in the system.
- Building reports for reconciliation with our bank account and credit card billing accounts.
- Authorize.net has a problem talking with other systems and databases, which is good for security but bad for convenience.
- The look up system for donors is old styled and limiting.
Score 4 out of 10
Authorize.net was used to process and store donations taken through the company website for our non-profit organization. It was used primarily by our fundraising department, with support from the IT department. Authorize.net was used to collect one-time donations, as well as process recurring (monthly, quarterly, yearly) donations. Our organization also used Authorize.net to collect tuition payments for our in-person classes.
- Authorize.net does a great job of storing customer information in a simple, easy to find way. I could easily search for customers by name, email address, mailing address, or customer ID and find all previous payments they made.
- Authorize.net's customer support team was always helpful and quick to fix issues. Whenever I emailed and contacted them, I was confident that I would get a response that same day. They provide support through both email and live chat, which is great.
- I found Authorize.net to be competitively priced and even cheaper than many of its competitors. The fees were reasonable and in line with industry standards and there were no "hidden fees".
- Authorize.net's user interface is far below average and feels like it has not been updated since the early 2000s. It's difficult to find the needed tools. It takes a lot of training to get new users up to speed and using the platform. In general, Authorize.net is in need of a major site re-design.
- Authorize.net's Recurring Billing feature is unreliable. There is not a way to filter by time-frame (monthly, yearly, etc.) and canceling subscriptions is only possible one at a time. The platform would often duplicate customers instead of adding billing details to the already existing customer.
- Importing, exporting, and uploading content into Authorize.net is difficult. Content must be formatted in a very specific manner. Because of this, I do no recommend Athourize.net to anyone who has large amounts of data it wants to transfer to or from the platform.
Read this authenticated review
Authorize.net is well suited for a small businesses that plans to collect a lot of payments. It accepts all the major credit cards and works flawlessly in processing the payment quickly and accurately. Its low fees work well for a large volume of payments. Due to it's difficult importing and exporting settings, Authorize.net is less appropriate for growing businesses that are looking to use analytics to leverage it's success. It's also less appropriate if you plan to offer subscriptions or payment plans.
Authorize.Net Scorecard Summary
Authorize.Net is a payment gateway software solution offered by Visa featuring secure data processing and fraud protection.
Categories: Payment Gateway
Authorize.Net Technical Details