https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Hw/8z/DSX2CO93VXAB.JPEGBlackbaud Grantmaking - very functional, but not integratedOur foundation uses Blackbaud Grantmaking to manage our charitable grants throughout the entire process from application to review to award and reporting. As Grants Manager, I consider myself the "power user" of Blackbaud Grantmaking. In addition, our two program officers and an admin assistant use Blackbaud Grantmaking. Using Blackbaud Grantmaking has enabled our foundation to transition from hard copy applications to a paperless process and also to paperless Board of Directors meetings through use of PDFs from Blackbaud Grantmaking for use on their iPads. I also use the tools in Blackbaud Grantmaking to create custom dashboards for each user which has been very helpful for the program officers to see only the requests/grants that are their responsibility. The Blackbaud Grantmaking tools also help me in creating informative reports and graphics using the data reported from our grantees.,Our foundation's program officers find the Blackbaud Grantmaking customizable dashboards very useful in focusing on the grants under their portfolio and filtering out other grants. Our foundation uses the Blackbaud Grantmaking document management tools to create large PDFs for use in Board of Directors meetings so that the meetings are paperless and the members use only their iPads. Our foundation uses the Blackbaud Grantmaking charting tools to create informative reports using the data reported to us by our grantees.,It would be great if Blackbaud Grantmaking could seamlessly integrate with Microsoft Outlook so that contacts, email correspondence and calendar items are all updated with the same data and therefore eliminate the need for duplicate entry. For example, a grant requirement due date would automatically be added to the associated user's calendar. It would be great if Blackbaud Grantmaking could seamlessly integrate with the foundation's accounting software, Quickbooks. Currently, we have to make entries into Blackbaud Grantmaking and then duplicate those entries into the accounting software. Blackbaud Grantmaking is also missing functionality when it comes to online applications related to requests that are already in Blackbaud Grantmaking. For instance, our foundation creates a request in Blackbaud Grantmaking before we actually receive an application from the grantee. We assign a status of "Anticipated" to those requests and the program officers often record activities (site visits, meetings, phone calls) and attach documents (emails, general info) to the request before inviting an application from the grantee. When the grantee eventually submits an application, Blackbaud Grantmaking doesn't allow us to attach the application to the existing request and instead creates a new requests. We then are forced to manually transfer and/or recreate all the activities and documents from the existing request to the new request. Then we delete the existing request. This missing functionality creates extra work for me.,8,Value for money Expertise of Blackbaud team Features and functions Product reputation,Reduced time spent on administrative tasks Better reporting capabilities Better able to communicate grantmaking activities and results Better organizational effectiveness Greater transparency across the organization Greater interoperability with other technology solutions,Our foundation is a public charity and not only awards grants, but also receives donations and uses a Blackbaud product, eTapestry, to manage donor information. It would be great if Blackbaud Grantmaking and eTapestry could be integrated. Currently, we run them separately and have to manually reconcile information.,Nothing comes to mind.,good done great and foundant,QuickBooks Premier, eTapestry, Microsoft Office 2016, Dropbox, Nitro Cloud,4,1,Blackbaud Grantmaking allows us to have all the grant-related information in one online resource accessible through the internet to all staff no matter where they are located. Blackbaud Grantmaking has allowed us to have a 90% paperless process. Community organizations apply and report to us through online forms and we use the system to create electronic meeting materials. We still issue paper checks. Blackbaud Grantmaking's dashboard feature allows us to create personalized dashboards for each user. The personalized dashboards allow users to focus on the grants assigned to them and not be confused or distracted by other unnecessary data.,We use the system for the purposes it was designed.,In the future, our organization could add the Budget and A/P features to streamline the process even more and move to electronic payments.,8,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Existing Relationship with the Vendor,I wouldn't change anything in the evaluation and selection process.,Yes,Change management was minimal,Downtime during data migration can be frustrating, but it's a necessary part of the process and you have to just wait it out. There were some missing records immediately after implementation, but Blackbaud was able to resolve that issue quickly. Those missing documents did make me a little less confident in the rest of the data which led me to do a lot more random record checks than I had planned. Fortunately, those random checks didn't turn up any other issues and helped restore my trust in the data.,9,No,9,No,On one occasion, I accidentally deleted a grant record in the system. I contacted Support and they were able to reset the online application so that I could pull it into the system again and recreate the deleted information. When I accidentally deleted the record, I thought that it was truly permanent and I wasn't sure that Support could "undo" my mistake. I was very relieved that the could get the information back for me.,It's easy to accept online applications and have grant records automatically created from the application. It's easy to manage a grant record in the system from application to approval to payment and reporting. Blackbaud Grantmaking makes it easy to manage the multitude of documents related to each grant record or organization record. Blackbaud Grantmaking's personalized dashboards make it easy for individual staff members to focus on their assigned grants without having to sort through other unrelated records.,Customizing and formatting Blackbaud Grantmaking's standard and ad hoc reports is not easy. I typically avoid using the system's reports and instead export my data to Excel and manipulate and format the data manually. Blackbaud Grantmaking does not allow users to attach a grant application to an existing grant request in the system. We are forced to use a work around which includes manually moving documents and recreating coding data. Casual users of the system find the advanced search feature very complex and not user friendly.,Yes,8
Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online)

Blackbaud Grantmaking Reviews

Blackbaud Grantmaking
Showing 1 of 38 Blackbaud Grantmaking ratings and reviews.

About Blackbaud Grantmaking

Blackbaud Grantmaking (formally GIFTS Online) is part of Blackbaud’s extensive portfolio of innovative software, services, data intelligence and expertise that powers social good. Blackbaud Grantmaking delivers grantmaking capabilities configured to meet your needs, and improves your efficiency with personalized online grant applications and report forms, personalized user dashboards, and simplified financial processing tools. By providing access to giving data, including standard, advanced, and ad hoc reporting tools, Blackbaud Grantmaking also allows you to measure, understand, and improve your results. In addition, Blackbaud Grantmaking allows funders to become actively involved in the Foundation Center’s Glasspockets initiative with Grant reporting capabilities, allowing for greater collaboration and more impactful giving. If your organization’s goal is to provide guidance, transparency, and accountability throughout the grantmaking cycle, then Blackbaud Grantmaking is the only solution to meet your needs.

Blackbaud Grantmaking Features

Has featureConfigurable to meet your workflow
Has featureDashboards featuring real-time data
Has featureIntegrated tools for finance, payments and reporting
Has featureOutcomes measurement capabilities
Has featureOpen API to connect with your other essential software solutions

Blackbaud Grantmaking Screenshots

Blackbaud Grantmaking Integrations

Microsoft Office 2016, Quickbooks, Great Plains

Blackbaud Grantmaking Competitors

CyberGrants, Fluxx, Foundant, FoundationConnect, SmartSimple, Versaic

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?Required

GIFTS Online pricing is based on factors such as number of user licenses and additional features. Pricing is available upon request, please visit https://www.blackbaud.com/grant-making/products/gifts-online.

Blackbaud Grantmaking Support Options

Paid Version

Blackbaud Grantmaking Technical Details

Mobile Application:Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported Countries:All countries
Supported Languages: English (US), English (British), Welsh, Spanish, French, Portuguese