Buffer Reviews

Whitney Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 21, 2020

Buffer is great for a small Social Media team

Alternatives Considered

Airtable is more of a planning tool and does not link to social media directly, so we more use it to brainstorm and maintain a calendar of ideas that are later translated into Buffer.

Later is a good product that offers many of the same and even additional features (such as a media library) but it is really centered on Instagram and does not feel as optimized for other platforms. Also, Later's mobile app only allows you to post to one platform at a time, so if you are scheduling posts from your phone you have to do the same post for each platform separately.

Hootsuite was overpriced for archaic technology. It was the first platform we used but we had many issues with it and do not recommend it at all.
Read Whitney Knight's full review
Frankie Heath | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Use Buffer! It's Sweet!

Alternatives Considered

The biggest selling point for us for Buffer over Hootsuite is the price point. We are paying less per month for buffer and we feel that we are getting more for our dollar amount. We were also having a ton of trouble getting posts to actually go through on Hootsuite.
Read Frankie Heath's full review
Andrew Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

For bulk posting across multiple social profiles, very effective.

Alternatives Considered

At the time of deciding, we went with Buffer because it had the most options for connecting to different social accounts and was the best priced option in return for features. We had tried others but this was most suited to what we required and was not too pricey.
Read Andrew Knight's full review
Collin Berg | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2020

Stop wasting time and Buffer your business.

Alternatives Considered

While you can use TweetDeck with other social networks, its primary focus is on Twitter, and they’ve developed a robust feature set to cater to managing Twitter. If your business is multi-networked, then you'll need Buffer.
Read Collin Berg's full review
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Buffer is Perfect for SMBs

Alternatives Considered

While Hootsuite had more features, it wasn't worth the cost when I could use the free version of Buffer. While it did lack some features, it still met my main needs so it was tough to want to pay for something similar. I also wasn't a fan of the Hootsuite platform. It wasn't easy to use for me. I felt more comfortable with Buffer.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Ben Caplan | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

An excellent tool for any business/individual who uses social media

Alternatives Considered

In my opinion, Buffer stacks up quite well compared to these alternatives. It stacks up best in the price arena because Buffer is more competitively priced than these alternatives. Buffer is capable of doing almost everything these alternatives are capable of. You can set up a custom schedule based on the number of posts per day or the times of day you want to post. You'll be able to review the success of your social media posts and track which performed the best. Additionally, with Buffer, you're able to manage multiple social media platforms all within one.
Read Ben Caplan's full review
Maddy Osman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 06, 2020

The best social media management tool for ensuring that you always have something to post

Alternatives Considered

I've always found Hootsuite's user interface to be a bit clunky when compared to Buffer. I find myself troubleshooting issues more often on Hootsuite, as well. I think that you can connect more accounts and add more posts to Hootsuite at a time but have found Buffer's limits to be sufficient for my needs. Sprout Social starts at a much higher price than Buffer which is why I've never really considered paying for it over Buffer.
Read Maddy Osman's full review
Brian Spatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Buffer, the only social media scheduler you'll ever need

Alternatives Considered

We initially did a trial run with Hootsuite because they are one of the main competitors of Buffer. The main reason that we decided on Buffer was their friendliness towards non-profits. Buffer offered us a discounted rate for being an officially recognized non-profit. We found their ease of use and functions very similar to their competitors and have had a better experience overall.
Read Brian Spatz's full review
February 27, 2020

Buffer - no nonsense strategy implementation.

Alternatives Considered

Buffer holds its own against Agorapulse, and its intuitive and minimalistic platform means you can do exactly what you need to do on a small scale. This is something that brings me back to the platform again and again - the ease of use. Agorapulse handles more content and complex operations slightly better, however.
January 16, 2020

Best for Individuals

Alternatives Considered

As I stated before, I believe Buffer is more for a single company that is looking to manage just their social media platforms. When comparing to Hootsuite and PromoRepublic, I still believe that is the best way to describe Buffer. Hootsuite can also be qualified in this fashion because it doesn't distinguish between separate pages, or groups of pages (for different clients) for that matter. PromoRepublic is the only one of these three that I would say is truly for agencies and not individuals. I am not saying Buffer and Hootsuite aren't good platforms, because they're great, but for me as an agency, they aren't something that is going to help save time in my daily business activities.
Alicia Meyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2019

Buffs Out Posting Problems

Alternatives Considered

Buffer remains comparable to Hootsuite, but the free version of Buffer offers more features than Hootsuite's free version. Both have their limits, but Buffer seems more efficient and connected across platforms. Hootsuite's interface is more attractive, but I wouldn't say it's more user friendly or easier to navigate. New users can adapt well to both products, and they make sense to those without training in digital marketing.
Read Alicia Meyer's full review
Michelle Green Arnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Your social strategy can buff up with Buffer

Alternatives Considered

I found Hootsuite to be overly complicated and not very pleasant to use. It just didn't feel nearly as intuitive as Buffer and, at the time, had some limitations I found to be deal breakers. Buffer's clean aesthetic is a big selling point for me, as is its thoughtfully constructed user experience.
Read Michelle Green Arnson's full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

All in one place social media publishing tool

Alternatives Considered

Buffer lets us schedule on Instagram even if we have to do it manually while Hootsuite would not even connect to our Instagram page. So we can't use Hootsuite for Instagram postings. Buffer fills that hole although each post has to be posted manually from the Instagram app to be published.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Rachel Moenning | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2019

Buffer: Top Social Scheduling Software

Alternatives Considered

I like Buffer better than Hootsuite or Sprout Social because it's so much easier to use and their customer service is second to none. I love Buffer support and they are constantly improving. I also love the interface the most. It's clean, simple, and easy to use. Hootsuite is so messy, and I feel like Sprout Social doesn't make much sense, to be honest. Buffer is the most intuitive, in my opinion.
Read Rachel Moenning's full review
Stephen Steinberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 17, 2019

Buffer Is A Great Choice For Social Media Management With A Lean Team

Alternatives Considered

It's been a while since we compared Hootsuite to Buffer side-by-side, but when we originally did this analysis Buffer provided more features, with a simpler UX and UI all for a better price. Today both platforms have continually advanced their feature set and restructured their pricing, so it will come down to a case-by-case basis on which is best for you.
Read Stephen Steinberg's full review
Kelsi Robertson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Good tool for basic social scheduling

Alternatives Considered

Buffer is a very cost-friendly tool with similar functionality to the tools above (Hootsuite/Sprout Social). While the other tools may offer more functionality or a better user experience, Buffer is by far the most cost-friendly option that still allows for a good and reliable user experience when scheduling posts to social platforms.
Read Kelsi Robertson's full review

Content planning and scheduling (46)
Content optimization (42)
Workflow management (37)
Campaign success analytics (43)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (35)
Mobile access (43)

About Buffer

According to the vendor, Buffer is an intuitive streamlined social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive meaningful engagement and results on social media. The company has a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration. Products are carefully considered and highly refined in order to help social media marketers and teams work more efficiently and effectively.

Buffer is a team of real people, aligned in common values. Being a Buffer customer should feel like you have a whole team of people cheering for you. We want to see you succeed on social!

Buffer Features

Publishing Features

Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management

Reporting/analytics Features

Has featureCampaign success analytics

Account management Features

Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access
Has featureIntegration with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
Has featureCustomization of messages for each social media platform
Has featureSuggested media from content that would be shared
Has featureInstagram grid preview
Has featureAbility to pause social media schedule and publishing
Has featureList or calendar view of scheduled social media posts
Has featureEmail notifications of successful posts, failed posts, and empty queue
Has featureBrowser extensions to share from anywhere across the web
Has featureContent Inbox of RSS feeds
Has featureInstagram direct scheduling

Buffer Screenshots

Buffer Integrations

Salesformics, UpContent, Zapier, IFTTT, Followerwonk, CoSchedule, Mention, Rival IQ, Feedly, Pocket, Bulk Buffer, Quuu

Buffer Competitors

Buffer Pricing

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Here are the prices of our various plans: Pro: $15/month Small Business: $99/month Medium Business: $199/month Large Business: $399/month Enterprise: Feel free to get in touch with us at onboarding@buffer.com. All plans can be paid on either a monthly or yearly basis. If you choose to pay yearly, you would receive a 15% discount, which works out to be approximately two months free per year.

Buffer Customer Size Distribution