Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2021

Content planning and scheduling (62)

Mobile access (57)

Campaign success analytics (58)

Content optimization (55)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Buffer, and make your voice heard!

Publish Pro

$15

Analyze Pro

$35

Analyze Premium

$50

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://buffer.com/pricing

Publishing

Reporting/analytics

Account management

What is Buffer?

According to the vendor, Buffer is an intuitive streamlined social media management platform trusted by brands, businesses, agencies, and individuals to help drive meaningful engagement and results on social media. The company has a suite of products for publishing, engagement, analytics, and team collaboration. Products are carefully considered and highly refined in order to help social media marketers and teams work more efficiently and effectively.

Buffer is a team of real people, aligned in common values. Being a Buffer customer should feel like you have a whole team of people cheering for you. We want to see you succeed on social!

Buffer Features

• Supported: Campaign success analytics

Account management Features

• Supported: Role-based user permissions & privileges
  • Supported: Mobile access

• Supported: Integration with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+
  • Supported: Customization of messages for each social media platform
  • Supported: Suggested media from content that would be shared
  • Supported: Instagram grid preview
  • Supported: Ability to pause social media schedule and publishing
  • Supported: List or calendar view of scheduled social media posts
  • Supported: Email notifications of successful posts, failed posts, and empty queue
  • Supported: Browser extensions to share from anywhere across the web
  • Supported: Content Inbox of RSS feeds
  • Supported: Instagram direct scheduling

Buffer Screenshots

The Buffer dashboardCustomizable posting scheduleTailored PostsList or calendar view of scheduled postsBrowser extensionSocial media analytics

Buffer Video

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesGlobal
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Spanish

What is Buffer?

Buffer is a social sharing tool. When browsing content, clicking on the Buffer icon automatically stores the content and schedules posts to social media channels throughout the day.

What is Buffer's best feature?

Reviewers rate Content planning and scheduling highest, with a score of 8.8.

Who uses Buffer?

The most common users of Buffer are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Personally, I just don't have anything nice to say about it at this time. I mean their site looks nice, and they talk a good game, but face it, in my opinion, there are better, cheaper, and even free alternatives with much more functionality. I believe it was great back in the beginning, but I feel that maybe all the new interfaces with various social media has been hard to keep up with.
Trigun Prakash | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a small business owner, I don't have a lot of time for my own social media updating. This lets me take care of a month's work of work in one day. Significant benefits of using Buffer are social media management, scheduling, multi-channel posting, and so much more. I saves me lots of time and I can simply click Buffer and go and do something else; Buffer will be working for you in the background
January 19, 2022

BEST FOR SOCIAL HANDLES

Mishka Panwar | TrustRadius Reviewer
It helps me save hours by devoting only half an hour in a month's worth of posting, in addition to that it is quite simple to use. Buffer for scheduling social posts well in advance, but I have begun using it instead of posting natively on the social apps themselves because it makes it super easy to post the same messages to more than one platform.
It is a very interesting tool for entrepreneurs or CEOs of startups who do not have much time to manage social media communication and also have few resources at the beginning of their venture. It can also be convenient for small companies that do not have specific personnel with training in community management and require easy-to-use tools to carry out the basic actions of scheduled publication on social media.
In my work area Buffer [is] mostly used to monitor the client data and analysis also it helps me to schedule tasks in one go. It also allows you to create free images which you can use in your posts. The analytics helps me to know performance of the posts. I recommend paid version as it offers you better features than the free one . It is working fine with both desktop and mobile. Support system is also good. If it allows monitoring for mentions that will be an added advantage.
It is a good platform for small organizations and businesses who would like to keep up with a regular posting sc[h]edule without having to be online on each individual platform. I personally tend to get distracted every time I log in Facebook or Instagram and Buffer gives me the opportunity to post without log[ging] in.
Alex Chaidaroglou | TrustRadius Reviewer
For simple use scenarios, especially for SMBs, where you just want to sit down, prepare and schedule the social media posts for the month, Buffer can work really well.

Instead of posting manually every other day, every week, or whatever and copy-pasting everything between channels, Buffer does this for you.

It's also very affordable.
Michelle Messenger Garrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
I find Buffer ideal for my small business. It helps me with my personal branding. I also love it for clients. I have a client I manage social media for, and they're on my Buffer account because I can have up to 10 accounts set up.
It may not be the best fit for someone with no budget for tools though, and I can't speak to the higher-priced version. I have used competitor's tools and find Buffer easier to use, at least on the scale on which I use it.
If you want to post the same post on multiple platforms, then I would genuinely recommend you to go for it because it will make your life easy. Using Buffer actually helps you in various ways, like you do not have to individually at every platform for posting, you can just use it to link your [accounts] to this software and post easily. Even you can also see the response of that post on multiple platforms in a single dashboard... This is the best advantage of this software. It is just I think you have to be well-[informed] about what you are posting and about present trends and hashtags because this software doesn't suggest anything to you but just shows the facts and figures of your posts.
Buffer has been an indispensable resource in our organization to keep our social networks up to date and full of content while tracking the success of our posts. You will be pleased with a tool like Buffer that is as useful as it is easy to use.
Ameer Hamza | TrustRadius Reviewer
Buffer is well suited for those who are looking for a simple user experience without all the bells and whistles. It lets you focus on what's most important, sharing social media posts, analytics and can easily support a small team. It's the best service for people looking to manage social media but does not have a ton of resources to devote to it. If you are looking for a tool that can help you monitor your feeds and track topic searches, you might have to look elsewhere.
Harsh Hingorani ⚡️ | TrustRadius Reviewer
[Buffer] is best suited for any firm that wants to stay active on social media.

A typical scenario would be - Mr. A who is a social media manager - maintains the content and creative bank every month. If he doesn't uses a tool like buffer, he will end up spending a lot of time scheduling the posts. Using buffer, he can schedule the posts for the entire month.
David Fox | TrustRadius Reviewer
Buffer has multiple benefits but to focus on the ones we like the most, we'd definitely start with the ability to easily schedule future posts for multiple clients on multiple platforms. We can see everything in one place and get a visual feel for the schedule going forward. Just the time we save from going between platforms is hours per day when managing a lot of clients. Since some of the platforms have useful tools and a better posting platform, we do not use Buffer for everything but it definitely saves us a lot of time for the channels we use it for.
Ronnie Rask | TrustRadius Reviewer
My team and I use Buffer across multiple operating systems and devices. We are always able to work together even if we are not located near each other. I'm able to direct the posts and approve posts from any device. So when we are working putting together our work content for the week, we can have easy access to it.
Shorombo Mooij | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you are looking for an easy-to-use social media planner, Buffer is perfect. I found tools like Hootsuite had too many bells and whistles. I love the simplicity of Buffer and it just does the job well. I am not using it to monitor engagement so I can't say much about that.
For basic post scheduling you really can't go wrong with Buffer. I have tried other similar softwares time and time again but always end up coming back to Buffer. The simplicity in design and general stability are industry-leading in my opinion.

If Instagram is the platform of emphasis, there might be better softwares out there. But Buffer is definitely catching up in the supported features of Instagram.

For marketers looking to promote evergreen content and even categorizing posts, Buffer might not be the tool for you. They used to implement a content library feature for this, but it has since been discontinued.
Buffer is well suited if your client is new to you and not well-versed in the technological sides of social media. It is intuitive and straightforward, which makes it a breeze for most people to use. This is a feature that is well appreciated. It is less appropriate if you have many clients for whom you are managing multiple platforms. The layout is simple, and it can feel restrictive.
Katie Hecox | TrustRadius Reviewer
Buffer is great if you have lots of clients and post on multiple platforms. Especially if you want to schedule posts in advance or to release at specific times.

It might not be the best tool of you want robust calendar planning with approvals, AI insights, etc. It also might not be the best tool if you only manage social for one or two clients.
Ryan Padgett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Buffer is great if you are trying to very simply manage multiple social media accounts from one central location. It can get expensive considering its limited analytics capabilities, capabilities beyond just basic image-copy-link post types, and regular post failures. I could see this being useful for companies with consistent posting schedules and consistent post-types, but not as useful for companies requiring more insightful data or inconsistency in post-type (carousels on Instagram, for example).
April 08, 2020

Great for nonprofits!

Buffer is suitable for organizations of any size. The reason for this is because certain elements are split up for Buffer. This means if you cannot afford the analyze feature or don't want to use it then you don't have to pay for it.
March 18, 2020

I love Buffer!

Buffer is a great option for small businesses and nonprofits. Nonprofits get a discount of 15% and small businesses can use the starter plan of $15, which is very affordable considering how much time it saves. However, for agencies, Agora Pulse is a better option, but much more expensive.