Commun.it is a social media management solution built around features such as analytics, automated insights through campaigns, and influencer marketing.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Gk/VH/N4LKJFW0W8ML.pngCommun.It - worth a trial!I initially used the free version of commun.it as a means of further engaging with my clients' social audience. I enjoyed the level of functionality that comes with the free version albeit the appendages to the Twitter posts were frustrating. In terms of managing a Twitter audience it is phenomenal - in particular encouraging you to engage, follow, unfollow different people/handles. It is a quick and easy 'one stop shop' to effectively manage Twitter accounts and to automate certain functions.,I love the #fridayfollow suggestions - I find these get a lot of engagement from my Twitter fans and I use it regulalry. I like the ability to automate certain functions, as a social media agency this means the time spent managing client accounts is reduced but with no impact on quality of work. I like the suggestions for replying and engaging with as a tool for expanding your reach and network.,The number of emails received from commun.it when you use the free version is incredibly frustrating 1-2 per day. The interface is very 'busy' and takes a while to get used to.,8,2,Significant time savings (which essentially translates to cost savings) in terms of client social account management.,eClincher, Buffer, CanvaCommunity management for prosI've been using the product on and off for quite a few years. In the past 4 months, it has improved dramatically. I am using the product to pinpoint and narrow down prospects and business opportunities on Twitter and Instagram. Commun.it is a wonderful solution I am using to manage and grow my online community. This tool provides me value as it helps me identify relevant content, influencers and engagement opportunities in my network and content verticals. Those, in turn, amplify my social presence, grow my followers, reach and create business opportunities.A significant part of the product involves smart automation of campaigns. Some marketers may be worried by those, but if used right they can be very powerful and create great content, opportunities and connect you with influencers.,Engagement opportunities - Shows you top content among your community and feed, of the things that are worthy of your time and attention, Tweets worth sharing, posts mentioning you that you should consider replying. By doing this, it enables me to surface up only the value and most important aspects of my social media, so I can easily manage it in a much shorter time. Scheduling posts - Unlike the competition, their scheduling feature is integrated amongst the other features, and utilizing their intelligence and learning algorithm to automatically create a "best time" to sent out tweets. This has enabled me to get the most exposure and engagement from my content and community.,UI/UX could be improved. Sometimes could be a bit overwhelming or confusing.,8,1,Brand awareness Lead generation Prospect nurturing and ongoing customer supportCommun.it Free Version is Great - Beware the Emails!Our marketing department uses Commun.it for insight into our Twitter account. We do not have the time or expertise to really dive into the Twitter sphere, but we understand the importance of having a strong presence on Twitter. With commun.it we can be actively engaged with our Twitter followers in one simple to use dashboard.,Evaluate followers - The commun.it will help you see who you should unfollow, follow back any new followers Find trending hashtags - what hashtags are your influencers using? Discover influencers in your network - the service will help you determine which of your followers are considered influencers.,Be prepared, you'll receive a lot of emails from commun.it. They keep you engaged by reminding you to return to your dashboard. But they also will send several emails trying to get you to upgrade. "Thanks for the retweet" and "Thanks to the high-value members" aren't tactics I like to use on Twitter. On the free version, you are only allowed 20 actions a day. This goes by in a flash, would love to have a few more.,7,1,The number 1 objective that Commun.it helps with is our social media engagement. It is one of the tools we use to help us analyze our audience and save time to manage social media. It's difficult to assess ROI since we are using the free tool. The only negative impact is many emails pushing the upgrade.,Buffer.com,Buffer, WordPress, SendGrid Marketing EmailCommun.it - useful engagement features not worth aggressively spammy tacticsI am the primary social media administrator of a web publication that has utilized Commun.it as a means of tracking certain kinds of activity on Twitter. Commun.it helps us to track new followers, unfollowers, and keywords/mentions as part of its free offering (a paid version is also available). By tracking when our site is mentioned on the web, we can connect with Twitter users who are interested in our content. I also have used it elsewhere, including another company and personally with my own Twitter accounts.,Commun.it's ability to track "Monitored Items" allows you to track mentions of specific strings of text. In practical terms this can mean things like your name, organization's name, URL, or products. Tracking new followers and unfollowers is probably the most important feature of Commun.it. Additionally, this platform has "Not Following Back", "Consider to Follow", and "Consider to Unfollow" tools based that suggest how to build your network. Engagement related tools help you analyze users who have retweeted, favorited, or mentioned you directly.,Many of Commun.it's marketing "tools" are actually little more than ways to spam and annoy your audience with inane prattle. The free version of Commun.it has an absurd amount of aggressive in-platform self-advertising, often blowing out to full-page pop-up ads prompting you to try their paid product. These ads don't have obvious close or cancel options. Commun.it's truly hostile, distasteful, and despicable trait is its "campaign" or "schedule" feature. It not only activates when clicked, but periodically as a pop-up. When you acknowledge the pop-up (there is no option not to), it will automatically populate a schedule of tacky, spammy tweet campaigns which you must delete, lest they be shared with your followers. This is so maliciously aggressive that it has turned me off on the product in search of better alternatives.,3,,Since we use the free version of Commun.it, monetary ROI cannot be measured. Gift horse and all that. The useful aspects of Commun.it have been welcome, but recent changes in their aggressive in-platform spam have resulted in wasted time and, on a couple occasions, annoying and completely UNAUTHORIZED tweets to our audience.,Tweepsmap,TweetDeck, Google Voice, WordPress
Commun.it

Commun.it Reviews

Commun.it
Filter 7 vetted Commun.it reviews and ratings
Adeline Garman BA (Hons) DipM MCIM profile photo
February 08, 2018

User Review: "Commun.It - worth a trial!"

• I love the #fridayfollow suggestions - I find these get a lot of engagement from my Twitter fans and I use it regulalry.
  • I like the ability to automate certain functions, as a social media agency this means the time spent managing client accounts is reduced but with no impact on quality of work.
  • I like the suggestions for replying and engaging with as a tool for expanding your reach and network.
  • The number of emails received from commun.it when you use the free version is incredibly frustrating 1-2 per day.
  • The interface is very 'busy' and takes a while to get used to.
For a small business or individual Commun.it could be used to quickly and efficiently grow an audience. Using the featured hashtag functionality in particular means that, instead of wading through various searches on Twitter, all the information is at your finger-tips and you can act on it accordingly. I think it would have benefits for businesses of multiple sizes however a smaller business might find the price-point prohibitive.
Read Adeline Garman BA (Hons) DipM MCIM's full review
Yarin Hochman profile photo
July 05, 2017

Commun.it Review: "Community management for pros"

• Engagement opportunities - Shows you top content among your community and feed, of the things that are worthy of your time and attention, Tweets worth sharing, posts mentioning you that you should consider replying. By doing this, it enables me to surface up only the value and most important aspects of my social media, so I can easily manage it in a much shorter time.
  • Scheduling posts - Unlike the competition, their scheduling feature is integrated amongst the other features, and utilizing their intelligence and learning algorithm to automatically create a "best time" to sent out tweets. This has enabled me to get the most exposure and engagement from my content and community.
  • UI/UX could be improved. Sometimes could be a bit overwhelming or confusing.
The best use case for the product is upon managing a community as a freelancer/entrepreneur/solopreneur, i.e. where a single person is managing the operation. The product shines and keeps its promise on managing an entire community/social entities in just a few minutes spent every day, through the smart use of automation, scheduling, and intelligence (surfacing up the most important aspects and posts worthy of your time).
Read Yarin Hochman's full review
September 15, 2017

Review: "Commun.it Free Version is Great - Beware the Emails!"

• Evaluate followers - The commun.it will help you see who you should unfollow, follow back any new followers
  • Find trending hashtags - what hashtags are your influencers using?
  • Discover influencers in your network - the service will help you determine which of your followers are considered influencers.
  • Be prepared, you'll receive a lot of emails from commun.it. They keep you engaged by reminding you to return to your dashboard. But they also will send several emails trying to get you to upgrade.
  • "Thanks for the retweet" and "Thanks to the high-value members" aren't tactics I like to use on Twitter.
  • On the free version, you are only allowed 20 actions a day. This goes by in a flash, would love to have a few more.
The free service is great, just be prepared for some annoying messages as they push the upgrade option. I like the Commun.it service for the analytics of our followers, but I use other services to schedule messages. I haven't tried the upgraded service, so I can't comment on that. It's a decent tool to have in your social media toolbox.
Austin Vashaw profile photo
September 01, 2016

Review: "Commun.it - useful engagement features not worth aggressively spammy tactics"

• Commun.it's ability to track "Monitored Items" allows you to track mentions of specific strings of text. In practical terms this can mean things like your name, organization's name, URL, or products.
  • Tracking new followers and unfollowers is probably the most important feature of Commun.it. Additionally, this platform has "Not Following Back", "Consider to Follow", and "Consider to Unfollow" tools based that suggest how to build your network.
  • Engagement related tools help you analyze users who have retweeted, favorited, or mentioned you directly.
  • Many of Commun.it's marketing "tools" are actually little more than ways to spam and annoy your audience with inane prattle.
  • The free version of Commun.it has an absurd amount of aggressive in-platform self-advertising, often blowing out to full-page pop-up ads prompting you to try their paid product. These ads don't have obvious close or cancel options.
  • Commun.it's truly hostile, distasteful, and despicable trait is its "campaign" or "schedule" feature. It not only activates when clicked, but periodically as a pop-up. When you acknowledge the pop-up (there is no option not to), it will automatically populate a schedule of tacky, spammy tweet campaigns which you must delete, lest they be shared with your followers. This is so maliciously aggressive that it has turned me off on the product in search of better alternatives.
The main advantage of Commun.it is that it has a free offering that aggregates a number of useful tools for tracking certain Twitter stats, engagements, etc. Accounts that wish to improve their follower ratio can unfollow disengaged or disconnected users and follow users likely to follow back. There are other free and paid services that also provide this feature, but Commun.it does it pretty well if you can put up with its other annoyances.
Read Austin Vashaw's full review

Commun.it Scorecard Summary

Boolean keyword searches (2)
Filtering out noise/spam (4)
Sentiment analysis (4)
5.9
Broad channel coverage (4)
6.5
Content planning and scheduling (3)
6.2
Audience targeting (4)
Content optimization (4)
5.6
Workflow management (4)
5.7
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
Customer interaction histories (4)
Bulk actions (3)
Lead generation (4)
4.7
Content marketing (4)
5.4
Paid media management (2)
2.9
Campaigns and promotions (4)
6.6
Twitter (4)
Facebook (3)
LinkedIn (1)
Instagram (3)
Campaign success analytics (4)
6.3
Real-time tracking (4)
6.5
Competitor analysis (3)
5.9
Role-based user permissions & privileges (3)
5.3