- I love the #fridayfollow suggestions - I find these get a lot of engagement from my Twitter fans and I use it regulalry.
- I like the ability to automate certain functions, as a social media agency this means the time spent managing client accounts is reduced but with no impact on quality of work.
- I like the suggestions for replying and engaging with as a tool for expanding your reach and network.
- The number of emails received from commun.it when you use the free version is incredibly frustrating 1-2 per day.
- The interface is very 'busy' and takes a while to get used to.
I've been using the product on and off for quite a few years. In the past 4 months, it has improved dramatically. I am using the product to pinpoint and narrow down prospects and business opportunities on Twitter and Instagram.
Commun.it is a wonderful solution I am using to manage and grow my online community. This tool provides me value as it helps me identify relevant content, influencers and engagement opportunities in my network and content verticals. Those, in turn, amplify my social presence, grow my followers, reach and create business opportunities.
A significant part of the product involves smart automation of campaigns. Some marketers may be worried by those, but if used right they can be very powerful and create great content, opportunities and connect you with influencers.
- Engagement opportunities - Shows you top content among your community and feed, of the things that are worthy of your time and attention, Tweets worth sharing, posts mentioning you that you should consider replying. By doing this, it enables me to surface up only the value and most important aspects of my social media, so I can easily manage it in a much shorter time.
- Scheduling posts - Unlike the competition, their scheduling feature is integrated amongst the other features, and utilizing their intelligence and learning algorithm to automatically create a "best time" to sent out tweets. This has enabled me to get the most exposure and engagement from my content and community.
- UI/UX could be improved. Sometimes could be a bit overwhelming or confusing.
- Evaluate followers - The commun.it will help you see who you should unfollow, follow back any new followers
- Find trending hashtags - what hashtags are your influencers using?
- Discover influencers in your network - the service will help you determine which of your followers are considered influencers.
- Be prepared, you'll receive a lot of emails from commun.it. They keep you engaged by reminding you to return to your dashboard. But they also will send several emails trying to get you to upgrade.
- "Thanks for the retweet" and "Thanks to the high-value members" aren't tactics I like to use on Twitter.
- On the free version, you are only allowed 20 actions a day. This goes by in a flash, would love to have a few more.
I also have used it elsewhere, including another company and personally with my own Twitter accounts.
- Commun.it's ability to track "Monitored Items" allows you to track mentions of specific strings of text. In practical terms this can mean things like your name, organization's name, URL, or products.
- Tracking new followers and unfollowers is probably the most important feature of Commun.it. Additionally, this platform has "Not Following Back", "Consider to Follow", and "Consider to Unfollow" tools based that suggest how to build your network.
- Engagement related tools help you analyze users who have retweeted, favorited, or mentioned you directly.
- Many of Commun.it's marketing "tools" are actually little more than ways to spam and annoy your audience with inane prattle.
- The free version of Commun.it has an absurd amount of aggressive in-platform self-advertising, often blowing out to full-page pop-up ads prompting you to try their paid product. These ads don't have obvious close or cancel options.
- Commun.it's truly hostile, distasteful, and despicable trait is its "campaign" or "schedule" feature. It not only activates when clicked, but periodically as a pop-up. When you acknowledge the pop-up (there is no option not to), it will automatically populate a schedule of tacky, spammy tweet campaigns which you must delete, lest they be shared with your followers. This is so maliciously aggressive that it has turned me off on the product in search of better alternatives.
Commun.it Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Commun.it Technical Details