https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/BF/l7/LS1EFQZR9TZ5.JPEGGreat for platform for retargeting, traffic, improve ROI.Criteo is used by the marketing department, in most cases, to help the agency's customer portfolio reach its primary digital marketing goals, whether with CPC reduction, increased ROI, increased media streaming display, targeted campaigns for new users, or specific audiences or dynamic remarketing products,dynamic remarketing Customer aquisition,Criteo API has more accessibility and this helps the agencies to access the data and the reports programmatically, combining data from other sources in one marketing dashboard.,10,In the majority of customers, the impact on the ROI was positive. Some clients have other primary goals with Criteo, such as reduction of CPC or CPA and the impact was also positive,B2BCriteo: Great Interface, at a PriceWe use Criteo for dynamic retargeting ads for users who have visited our website and not converted. Our digital marketing department uses the product and reports the results upward to management. We were searching for a reasonable retargeting solution which could be implemented relatively easily, and after trying Google AdWords, we decided to give Criteo a try.,Great interface - easy to understand and train others to use. While some might consider the dashboard too simplistic, I found that the simplicity of the dashboard made it an easy, 5-minute endeavor to go in and tweak bids whenever needed. Good customer service - particularly the set-up team worked very closely with us and was always very responsive. When we were moved over to their existing accounts team, the customer service remained top-notch, and they were quick to proactively point out things we could do to improve our results. Relatively wide display network - our Criteo ads show on a variety of websites; we found that the breadth of the network was nearly as extensive as Google's display network.,Level of control over ads - Most features of Criteo can't be managed directly in the dashboard. That can be a problem when you want ads adjusted quickly, for example, if you make a change to your logo. Customer Service has to be contacted in that case. Cost - Of the several retargeting platforms we tried, Criteo was the most costly. This is in terms of cost per click and cost per conversion. In the end, we just couldn't justify paying substantially more for a similar ad network to Google just for the level of customer service. Reporting - There is no reporting provided automatically, and user data is gated; it was difficult for us to ascertain anything about the audience we were serving ads to, and even basic geographic data wasn't available to us.,6,More Impressions/Exposure - We wanted additional branding, and Criteo provided plenty of exposure to a relevant audience for us. Benchmark for CPA - We tested several different retargeting providers, and Criteo provided a benchmark amount we should pay per CPA, when compared to other providers.,,B2CI sincerely believe Criteo is the only remarketing vendor worth using for retailI used Criteo as an additional remarketing ad program. Criteo is an easy ad program to manage yourself.,Criteo produces retail transactions that you can attribute back to them in your own analytics. This is a huge difference between Criteo and other remarketing vendors. Criteo has a great platform for managing their campaigns. You can effectively drill down to see what's working, you can increase volume yourself, you can analyze how volume changes through various changes. The ability to tailor my campaigns is still unusual in remarketing, and makes Criteo the only choice I'm aware of that suits my requirements for remarketing. Criteo goes all-out on the creative side to get clicks. If you have very strict feelings about brand and image, you may have to get more involved with managing creative but I was happy to let Criteo feature our merchandise to get clicks. Criteo charges on the click. This makes reporting for SEM teams familiar and easy.,I never felt Criteo account management staff was really partnering with me to make my experience as efficient as possible. I never felt that they really had the expertise to help me. Their platform was so easy and robust that I don't so much need help with that as real analysis. The platform didn't really let me analyze placement and remove obvious losing placements.,9,Criteo netted out to a sensible ROI gain. Criteo's service was shown to have very little attribution that could also be credited to other marketing channels. Criteo actually produced real conversions in addition to view-through conversions. That is gold.,AdRoll and MyBuys,Both,1,1,Remarketing to previous site visitors Remarketing to cart abandoners,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability,I'd ask any remarketing vendor to only charge me for conversions that happen 1+ days from the last visit by the shopper.A Less Than Efficient Retargeting PlatformI use Criteo for one of my retail clients as our display retargeting platform. I manage the campaigns for my client and work directly with 2 Criteo campaign reps. We initially switched to the Criteo platform for retargeting to take advantage of their dynamic creative functionality, which allows us to serve product ads in real-time featuring products a user has viewed while recently browsing the client's website.,Dynamic Creative - The dynamic ads pull in our product feed on a daily, real-time basis. We can retarget users who have visited the client's site and browsed several products but then left without making a purchase. The dynamic ads technology will pull those products a user has viewed straight off our feed and place their images, price and more details right into the display ad. It's a great way to remind a user "Hey, you we're just checking this product out. We know you're interested. Come back and buy it!" Optimizes against clicks, not views - Other retargeting platforms will optimize based on views to a display ad and post-view purchases. While there is a lot to be said to the credit an exposure without a click has in the purchase funnel, an actual click on an ad will always be more valuable as it shows a higher level of user engagement. Criteo optimizes based on the clicks, which in turn targets a more qualified audience for our client. 24-hr lookback window - Criteo's standard window is for post-view conversions in 24 hours. This is a very short amount of time which ads more relevancy to the "view" of the ad. Many other platforms, including Google, default to a 30 day window. A lot of clients have trouble grasping how if someone was shown an ad a month ago that it actually had a real impact on their decision to purchase. The 24-hour window Criteo uses makes the post-view purchase seem more tangible and relevant.,Bid Management - Bid management on the platform is a nightmare. It requires daily monitoring in order to meet both spend and ROI goals. I've never been more frustrated with an ad platform when it comes to managing bids. There is also little to no predictive bid modeling to guide your bid changes. I feel like I am taking a shot in the dark half the time when I make adjustments on my own. Additionally, the smallest change can have a big impact so it's frustrating that there is not more guidance, especially considering this is a self-serve platform. Support - In my experience, the support team has not been very helpful. They seem to confuse goals and offer conflicting advice on a regular basis. It's really frustrating. Last month, over halfway into the month my campaign was underspending drastically. The support team offered bid change suggestions to ramp up spend. This only ruined my ROAS for the month. Even though I had outlined specific spend and ROAS goals, the Criteo team did not seem to understand how to meet both of these simultaneously. I should not have to choose between one or the other with a good platform. Dashboard - The dashboard is confusing and hard to read. It needs to have more customization options. Right now you are limited to the number and type of metrics you can view on the dashboard at one time.,4,A reduction in overall ROAS attributed to retargeting. In the past 3 months, we are yet to hit our 8x ROAS goal. The platform absorbs way too much time on our end. Employee efficiency has decreased due to using the tool. Poor customer service. Their style is much more reactive than proactive, and when it comes to choosing display partners, this is a very detrimental quality to have.,Adroll and AdWords,B2C
Criteo Dynamic Retargeting

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Reviews

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting
Filter 22 vetted Criteo Dynamic Retargeting reviews and ratings
Luiz Lai profile photo
June 20, 2018

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Review: "Great for platform for retargeting, traffic, improve ROI."

• dynamic remarketing
  • Customer aquisition
  • Criteo API has more accessibility and this helps the agencies to access the data and the reports programmatically, combining data from other sources in one marketing dashboard.
I strongly recommend Criteo to any company, whether small, large or medium company. It provides a number of
solutions that can help you achieve your top KPI in digital marketing, whether, ROI, leads, decrease CPC or CPA.
The only case where I would not recommend it would be if you do not have an IT team or cannot perform
the basic set-up of tags by yourself.
Read Luiz Lai's full review
May 16, 2018

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Review: "Criteo: Great Interface, at a Price"

• Great interface - easy to understand and train others to use. While some might consider the dashboard too simplistic, I found that the simplicity of the dashboard made it an easy, 5-minute endeavor to go in and tweak bids whenever needed.
  • Good customer service - particularly the set-up team worked very closely with us and was always very responsive. When we were moved over to their existing accounts team, the customer service remained top-notch, and they were quick to proactively point out things we could do to improve our results.
  • Relatively wide display network - our Criteo ads show on a variety of websites; we found that the breadth of the network was nearly as extensive as Google's display network.
  • Level of control over ads - Most features of Criteo can't be managed directly in the dashboard. That can be a problem when you want ads adjusted quickly, for example, if you make a change to your logo. Customer Service has to be contacted in that case.
  • Cost - Of the several retargeting platforms we tried, Criteo was the most costly. This is in terms of cost per click and cost per conversion. In the end, we just couldn't justify paying substantially more for a similar ad network to Google just for the level of customer service.
  • Reporting - There is no reporting provided automatically, and user data is gated; it was difficult for us to ascertain anything about the audience we were serving ads to, and even basic geographic data wasn't available to us.
If cost is no object, Criteo certainly offers a top-notch customer service experience, and little-to-no time investment to manage the platform. For a company without a dedicated ads team, Criteo could be a good option since the platform does most of the legwork for you. Also, cost may depend on industry, so other customers may find a different cost situation than we found.
Joe Preston profile photo
May 20, 2016

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Review: "I sincerely believe Criteo is the only remarketing vendor worth using for retail"

• Criteo produces retail transactions that you can attribute back to them in your own analytics. This is a huge difference between Criteo and other remarketing vendors.
  • Criteo has a great platform for managing their campaigns. You can effectively drill down to see what's working, you can increase volume yourself, you can analyze how volume changes through various changes. The ability to tailor my campaigns is still unusual in remarketing, and makes Criteo the only choice I'm aware of that suits my requirements for remarketing.
  • Criteo goes all-out on the creative side to get clicks. If you have very strict feelings about brand and image, you may have to get more involved with managing creative but I was happy to let Criteo feature our merchandise to get clicks.
  • Criteo charges on the click. This makes reporting for SEM teams familiar and easy.
  • I never felt Criteo account management staff was really partnering with me to make my experience as efficient as possible. I never felt that they really had the expertise to help me. Their platform was so easy and robust that I don't so much need help with that as real analysis.
  • The platform didn't really let me analyze placement and remove obvious losing placements.
If you are a retailer, particularly a retailer with very high seasonality, Criteo is a great way to make sure you are capturing the attention of a previous visitor. When I do analysis on any other remarketing vendor, I find their attribution is mostly smoke and mirrors. When I do analysis on Criteo, I can back up the sales and revenue they are producing as incremental. This is HUGE, if you care about knowing that your vendor is moving the needle.
Read Joe Preston's full review
June 08, 2016

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Review: "A Less Than Efficient Retargeting Platform"

• Dynamic Creative - The dynamic ads pull in our product feed on a daily, real-time basis. We can retarget users who have visited the client's site and browsed several products but then left without making a purchase. The dynamic ads technology will pull those products a user has viewed straight off our feed and place their images, price and more details right into the display ad. It's a great way to remind a user "Hey, you we're just checking this product out. We know you're interested. Come back and buy it!"
  • Optimizes against clicks, not views - Other retargeting platforms will optimize based on views to a display ad and post-view purchases. While there is a lot to be said to the credit an exposure without a click has in the purchase funnel, an actual click on an ad will always be more valuable as it shows a higher level of user engagement. Criteo optimizes based on the clicks, which in turn targets a more qualified audience for our client.
  • 24-hr lookback window - Criteo's standard window is for post-view conversions in 24 hours. This is a very short amount of time which ads more relevancy to the "view" of the ad. Many other platforms, including Google, default to a 30 day window. A lot of clients have trouble grasping how if someone was shown an ad a month ago that it actually had a real impact on their decision to purchase. The 24-hour window Criteo uses makes the post-view purchase seem more tangible and relevant.
  • Bid Management - Bid management on the platform is a nightmare. It requires daily monitoring in order to meet both spend and ROI goals. I've never been more frustrated with an ad platform when it comes to managing bids. There is also little to no predictive bid modeling to guide your bid changes. I feel like I am taking a shot in the dark half the time when I make adjustments on my own. Additionally, the smallest change can have a big impact so it's frustrating that there is not more guidance, especially considering this is a self-serve platform.
  • Support - In my experience, the support team has not been very helpful. They seem to confuse goals and offer conflicting advice on a regular basis. It's really frustrating. Last month, over halfway into the month my campaign was underspending drastically. The support team offered bid change suggestions to ramp up spend. This only ruined my ROAS for the month. Even though I had outlined specific spend and ROAS goals, the Criteo team did not seem to understand how to meet both of these simultaneously. I should not have to choose between one or the other with a good platform.
  • Dashboard - The dashboard is confusing and hard to read. It needs to have more customization options. Right now you are limited to the number and type of metrics you can view on the dashboard at one time.
Honestly, based on my experience, I would not recommend Criteo as the first retargeting partner to test out on a client campaign. I have had much more success using AdRoll, and that platform is also much more intuitive and requires less daily maintenance with the campaigns.

That being said, Criteo does exactly what it is supposed to. It retargets to users across the web who have been cookied on your website. It also does it so much more efficiently than Google Display Network, so I will give it credit for that.

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Scorecard Summary

Data Transfer (1)
DSP integration (1)
Ad campaign creation (4)
Ad deployment (4)
Display advertising (4)
Ad display and retargeting segmentation (3)
Ad dashboards (4)
9.4
Ad performance reports (4)
Ad conversion tracking (2)
Ad attribution reporting (4)
6.1
Cross-channel ad management (1)
Ad forecasting and optimization (3)
6.4

About Criteo Dynamic Retargeting

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting promises to help you re-engage shoppers across marketing channels and drive measurable sales.

According to the vendor, Criteo generates an average 13X return on ad spend at significant sales volume and consistently wins 90% of competitive performance tests. The product uses specialized technology and machine-learning to produce the highest engagement and post-click sales on over 1.4B active monthly shoppers and more than $600B annual sales across 18,000 retailers, brands, travel, and B2C commerce companies.

Key benefits and capabilities include:
  • Broad reach and visibility across web, mobile, video, and social via Criteo’s direct relationships with thousands of premium publishers and partners globally
  • Generate new sales by predicting additional items of interest
  • Reliably link shoppers across devices, browsers, and apps to engage them with the most relevant products
  • Boost engagement through patent-pending Kinetic Design, dynamically tailoring the ad’s visual design to each shopper’s taste while ensuring brand consistency and compliance with consumer-friendly formats from Coalition for Better Ads
  • Track performance with real-time campaign reports
  • Data is maintained with the highest levels of security and privacy, following industry best practices, standards and regulations, including GDPR

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Features

Ad Campaigns Features
Has featureAd campaign creation
Has featureAd deployment
Has featureDisplay advertising
Has featureAd display and retargeting segmentation
Does not have featureSequence targeting
Ad Network Integration Features
Has featureData Transfer
Has featureDSP integration
Ad Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureAd dashboards
Has featureAd performance reports
Has featureAd conversion tracking
Does not have featureAd attribution reporting
Does not have featureCross-channel ad management
Does not have featureAd forecasting and optimization

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Screenshots

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Video

Jumia has benefitted from working with Criteo

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Downloadables

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Integrations

Oracle DMP (Bluekai), Oracle DMP (Bluekai), Oracle DMP (Bluekai)

Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Competitors