Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Foundant Grant Lifecycle Manager, and make your voice heard!
Grant Lifecycle Manager (GLM)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
|Supported Countries||United States, Canada, Australia|
- Affordable solution to make [electronic] [processes].
- Very helpful staff and support team.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Continuous improvement efforts.
- The system lacks a CRM to manage contacts and associated emails.
- The continuous improvement efforts can lead you to feel out of touch with functionality if you don't have the time to attend very frequent webinars about the changes.
- There are limited question types or views.
- It would be helpful to have data dashboards within a click or two, without having to download reports to Excel and then manipulate the data.
- Easy to review applications
- Easy merge for winners
- Organizes applications well
- Slow product when many applications open
- Students need to reupload several documents
GLM has simplified and streamlined our grantmaking process across the board. We were looking for a solution to address the mounds of wasted paper we used along with helping both our grantees and reviewers with a more efficient and user-friendly process - Foundant GLM provided that solution.
- Single Point of Entry for Grantees looking for grant opportunities
- Multiple Users allowed to use the system
- History, Tracking and Reporting Tools
- Cloud Based Storage
- Support from GLM
- Allowing duplicate email addresses for both grantee and reviewers
- Grants for Individuals - allowing us to manipulate the create profile template so it's not just based on nonprofits.
- Customer Service: Foundant is always super helpful and speedy in their responses to my questions, whether it's an email or call.
- Connections to other users: There's a great online community that's willing to share what works for their organizations.
- Company Response/Development: Foundant is continually updating (where it needs to) to make their product the best it can be, and is willing (and does) take comments and suggestions from clients for how the software could be improved.
- Training: A variety of training options- ranging from in person conferences to web-based tutorials. Very helpful, and updated as the product is.
- I'd love to have the option to have multiple evaluations at an LOI stage, but this is a very nit picky detail. The software is great, and does what we need it to.
- I like the features that allow me to look at and provide input to applicants and grantees as they fill out applications and reports while they in progress. This is beneficial to both of us and helps us to build a good working rapport.
- I like being able to review applications in the side-by-side with the my score sheet. It makes my reviews more efficient when I can look at the application while I'm writing my notes. No more printing things off. I can do it all online.
- I like that there are multiple ways to find the grant information that I'm looking for within the system. The dashboard is easy to use and intuitive. I can usually find what I need fast.
- I don't think about what's lacking. This is much better than our previous grants management software.
- The landing page could have a snappier design.
- I wish our grantees could see more than one follow-up for a process at a time. Sometimes there needs to be a project mod submitted while that is an active renewal going on.
- Grant requests arrive at the Foundation only through the web. We do not accept hard copy Letters of Inquiry or Applications. This means nothing gets lost! And I can do the reviews at my office or at home. Previous to GLM, it was difficult to log and to track the grant requests because we get a lot BUT I have limited amount of time manage them. There are several software packages out there that now do this function, but Foundant was one of the first and continues to be the best at it. They have a continuous development process and respond to customer comments and requests regularly and frequently.
- GLM allows the Foundation to keep historical grant records in the cloud, with two benefits. (1) We have been able to eliminate hard copy records. The only hard copy records we keep at this point are the Foundation's Board Meeting minutes and the 990-PF Tax Returns. (2) It is easy to search and recover information regarding grants or requests that took place 5 years in the past or 8 years in the past. This ability has proven itself useful several times.
- The GLM user community is diverse and very helpful. As a solo employee, I find that the GLM user community is an extraordinary resource of knowledge and savvy. I hardly ever have to "re-invent the wheel," because someone else has more than likely had to deal with the same issue. And if not, the community is able to rally with suggestions.
- Foundant Technologies, the owner and manager of GLM, is a responsive company with a depth of knowledge and experience in the database field and the philanthropy field. A significant reason of why I think that GLM is the best software for my purposes is that the support provided by the company seems to be endless and extraordinarily smart.
- I have not had a bad or even mediocre experience with Foundant or with GLM. When I don't know something and I get frustrated, I have a name and number to call who is immediately available to help (on the same day).
- GLM has gone beyond the bounds of what I need. The company is still adding functionality for other users whose organizational needs differ slightly or enormously from mine. I hear about these new additions because I receive an email newsletter regularly with updates on new functions and uses. Sometimes I discover that there is a functionality that I didn't think about until Foundant Technologies mentioned it - and then I have a ah-ha! moment. That's fun!
- Foundant provides a streamlined grants management solution for reasonable cost.
- The company listens to its users, collecting ideas and making improvements. Updates to the software are rolled out several times a year. When something cannot be changed right away, the company gives context and forecasts when the change might be possible.
- While the software is easy to use, it also offers more advanced features (such as merge templates) that allow more customization for the advanced user.
- While tech support is responsive, sending timely emails and updates, I sometimes feel as if a needed item is going to be dropped because they can't figure it out. On the plus side, they always send an electronic survey afterwards, and if you have an issue they will call you personally to resolve it.
- The external evaluator feature is a great idea, but doesn't work well for me as I prefer to only give my reviewers access to very targeted pieces of the application. I have worked around this by using merge templates, and sending PDFs to my reviewers.
- I have supported a number of possible improvements (and suggested some of my own) on the user message board. Many of these have already been implemented, but many remain. It's a common problem with software that it takes so much more time to fix something than to suggest something. But on the whole, I have been pleased with the rate of improvements.
- With GLM we are able to customize our application exactly as we want it to be. This ensures that we receive the precise information we want and need in order to make the best decisions for the community.
- I also particularly like that we can automatically send reminders to grantees when reports are due, confirmations that applications and LOIs have been received and instant notifications to me that things have been submitted.
- With GLM the process to scan and upload documents is seamless. Our auditors like to see signed grant contracts and board minutes confirming the terms of a grant. We upload these and it serves as our virtual filing cabinet - we are striving to go paperless and GLM has greatly assisted in the endeavor.
- It is exceptionally difficult for me to be critical of GLM. If there was one place, it might be in the customized reports. Frankly, I don't really think it is GLM's fault - I think the fault lies with me. My brain doesn't tend to think as analytically as is necessary to craft a report that gives me the information I am seeking in a concise form. Fortunately, the customer service at Foundant is always ready to assist me to make the best report that I can. Once the report is written we save it and I can continue to run it on a regular basis.
- Across Platforms: Access for administrators, applicants and evaluators across all platforms and devices.
- System updates: Thoughtful upgrades that are implemented without effecting any user's experience.
- Design - Users find the system simple to navigate
- Need a smother process for third party responses. Currently individuals recommending more than one student for scholarships have many emails to deal with to find the correct link to upload the correct student's letter.
- Questions that would filter which applications the applicant would apply for.
Cost of the product is primarily subscription based, which is better for being able to budget for. Add a new administrator user? No extra cost.
It is web based, and accessible to grant applicants, students, counselors and committee members.The vendor provides competent support and implementation specialists. Data is able to be uploaded to the enterprise system to create checks for the awardees.
- Highly Configurable
- Creating applications is easy
- We can make changes to our process without waiting in a queue for the vendor to make the changes
- Reporting has improved dramatically. This was their biggest weakness, but it is now acceptable.
- Mail merge is great but to date there is no email merge.
- Continuous saving - so far, no data has been entered and lost.
- User friendly- very intuitive to use, even for a beginner.
- Simplifies the task of reviewing a grant application.
- I would like to see enhanced ability for email merging to do customized mass emails.
- Ease of use. Easy for staff to create and edit applications and related forms.
- Robust reporting tool for creating organizational reports.
- Dashboard page to quickly scan application status.
- Able to use electronic grant agreements.
- Automatic email reminders for things like reports due, application submitted, etc.
- Contact management - only one user able to edit application at a time.
- Reporting - requires several filtering steps to get desired data.
- Organize information
- Streamline process
- Share data