Reviews (1-2 of 2)
April 21, 2021
Score 9 out of 10
Google Jamboard is used for active learning and synchronous engagement during online learning. It solves an important problem of providing an interactive tool for students and faculty to use during a live session, particularly with breakout groups when such tools are [not as] easily deployed to both the entire class or small groups for engagement. While we do not have physical whiteboard support for Jamboard, our faculty use it in virtual classrooms and staff use it during virtual training sessions. We've also used it at virtual conferences to support participant engagement.
- Interactive whiteboard tools.
- Shareable with Google users or anyone with a link.
- Downloadable as PDF to use as reference or learning asset.
- Participants can write/draw or use notes tool to contribute.
- Tools can be a little clunky at times.
- Sticky notes always appear in the same place, requiring participants to move to a different place on the Jamboard in order to see all notes created.
- Unclear who adds what to a Jamboard, so it's hard to evaluate student contributions.
Read Mariann Hawken's full review
Google Jamboard is ideal for live, synchronous sessions to support collaboration and engagement. It can be used for the entire class, small group, or independent work. Create a Jamboard for a simple student knowledge check, or annotation exercise, or sorting activity. Insert a Google document, spreadsheet, or presentation, and have students annotate the file. There are many types of active learning activities you can do with a Google Jamboard!
April 16, 2021
Score 7 out of 10
Google Jamboard is an online collaborative space where multiple users can share information and share ideas seamlessly. Users are able to add animations, as well as use visually striking design elements that engage learners and other users. In any business or organization, users can collaborate and bring together ideas and projects in one space without the rigid format of a document or spreadsheet.
- Colorful and engaging designs and layout
- Freeform format
- Real-time collaboration without lagging or download wait-time
- Can be used for many different purposes-- business, education, personal, etc.
- Designs and layout can appear simplistic rather than profession
- Large amounts of users may have trouble editing the same board at once
- Those unfamiliar with Google programs may need additional support
Read Carly McPartland's full review
[Google] Jamboard's functionality allows anyone to create a visual representation of information while remaining open to collaboration with others. Students can use the program to solve math problems by writing on their touch screens, while others create timelines of their lives with different shapes, formatting, and text options. Teachers can use it jointly during professional development to brainstorm new ideas and make note of those they would like to implement. The possibilities feel endless.
Google Jamboard Scorecard Summary
What is Google Jamboard?
Google Jamboard is a collaborative whiteboard, available as an add-on to Google Workspaces.
Categories: Interactive Whiteboard
Google Jamboard Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Google Jamboard Technical Details