Google Pay Reviews

May 12, 2021
Ajay S Insan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Every single person is using Google Pay for payments to anyone through UPI id to bank accounts, UPI id, and wallets, etc. Google Pay is a very simple and secure app to use for payments. It quickly transfers money to others even within seconds.
  • Very secure application as it require multi tier authentication
  • Keep the records of sent amount when started
  • Easy to use for payments and wallet transaction
  • Transactions failure are very high recently
  • Rewards coupons are irrelevant
  • Stuck transaction takes more time
  • Help support is not so good.
If we put our attention to basic need to transfer amount to anyone then this is very best app. Every application have some cons so does Google Pay. It keeps records of every transaction so don't need to write down anywhere else. Also gives coupons and cashback as rewards for every transaction.
Read Ajay S Insan's full review
February 03, 2021
I need to transfer more than $5000/week and have been doing this for years with GooglePay. Now with the “upgrade” I can no longer do this. Stupid business decision and poor customer service from GooglePay
  • Poor customer service
  • Upgrade is a downgrade
  • Help center doesn’t provide help
  • Frustrating
  • New $5,000 per week limit is a bad business decision and is forcing me elsewhere
  • Help Center should be able to escalate to a supervisor
Upgrade is awful, “Help” Center is ineffective
February 25, 2020
Jennifer Larson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, only one department is using Google Pay. It has been helpful to set up reminders for repeating payments, easy to request payment, and the money shows up in our account much faster than with any other platform I've used.
  • The integration with Google Assistant has been helpful in easily setting reminders to send and/or request payments, especially in setting up repeating reminders for payments that probably could be automatic, but we prefer to review first.
  • Funds are processed quickly, which is so important. Thus far, the funds have almost always been available the very next business day rather than 2, 3, even 4 days later as some platforms do.
  • Google Wallet had a few glitches I was unhappy with, but Google Pay seems to have corrected them. Who knows if the changes were related to the name change or if they just happened to coincide with the timing for the most part, but either way I really don't have any big complaints.
Google Pay has so far been pretty well suited for all of my needs, so much so, that I use it personally as well. I haven't run into a situation where I thought it may not be appropriate as of yet, at least in terms of utilizing another similar platform. Obviously, there are times that a physical check or cash is needed, but I certainly can't fault Google for that. For my records, the email confirmations back-and-forth of payments and/or requests are completely fine. But if you need a professional receipt for any reason, I'm not sure if there is a way to pull something like that. So that may be the only time you may need to look at a different online option.
I haven't used support for Google Pay specifically, but I have for several other Google products. And it has always been a relatively easy process. Google products are so popular though, that it's actually easier to use the usual Google search function to first search your own issue to see if there is a quick fix before reaching out to support.
Read Jennifer Larson's full review
February 19, 2020
RAMKUMAR GUDIPATI | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company had not set up Google Pay to be used across the entire organization or any individual departments. I personally have it set up on my phone. And I use it, but no one else has access to it.
  • No need to carry physical card.
  • Safe and secure.
  • What if someone hacks or we loose the phone.
  • Not acceptable everywhere.
The main reason I use it is that I need not carry the credit card physically with me wherever I go. It is a very secure payment method. There is no additional cost. Those we receive the payment will not know our credit card details. The only worry will be someone might hack, and also this form of payment is not accepted everywhere we want to purchase something.
I hear lots of good things about Google Pay. In the current market, a lot of consumers have been using such payment modes. This is very easy to use method, secure and safe payment method too. No need to carry credit cards physically wherever one goes. There is no additional cost to use this service which is another reason for gaining popularity.
Read RAMKUMAR GUDIPATI's full review
February 19, 2020
This is being used only by me. It is not set up to be used by the whole organization or any department within. I use it personally outside the company. It is a very secure payment method. We need not provide the credit card information to the seller, rather save the information in the Google pay set up. The seller will not be able to see our card information.
  • Contactless payment.
  • Seller or receiver cannot see credit card information.
  • Might need fingerprint identification.
  • If the device is lost then information could be easily hacked.
It is a very secure mode of payment method. We need not provide the credit card information to the seller or receiver, rather save the information in the google pay set up. The seller will not be able to see our card information. It is a contactless payment method. Can set up access authentication that no one could use the Google wallet.
I have had no direct experience with the Customer Support team for google pay. I never faced any issues or problems. I heard from other friends and colleagues that the customer service is great. This method of payment is now more and more being used as it is more secure and also at the same time fast and easy.
July 18, 2017
Heidi M. Garrido | TrustRadius Reviewer
My business uses Google Wallet sometimes, to collect payments from clients. It is used all across the organization. It addresses the issue of how to get a payment - and fast - and it also provides an alternative to other formats, like PayPal or running credit cards with a machine.
  • Provides method to receive fast payment.
  • Provides method to send fast payment.
  • Provides secure payment method.
  • Cutting down on time it takes to transfer funds to bank.
  • Providing a debit card to use funds right from the account.
  • More seamless paying via personal websites.
Google Wallet is well suited when I send an invoice and can get paid instantly via this service. And it is well suited when I don't need that money instantly, due to the time it takes to transfer to bank account for use. It is less appropriate when I need to be able to use it instantly.
Read Heidi M. Garrido's full review

What is Google Pay?

Google Pay (including Google Pay Send, formerly Google Wallet) is a payment processing solution from Google.