Google Pay Reviews

Jennifer Larson | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2020

Simple to use; Quick to fund

Currently, only one department is using Google Pay. It has been helpful to set up reminders for repeating payments, easy to request payment, and the money shows up in our account much faster than with any other platform I've used.
  • The integration with Google Assistant has been helpful in easily setting reminders to send and/or request payments, especially in setting up repeating reminders for payments that probably could be automatic, but we prefer to review first.
  • Funds are processed quickly, which is so important. Thus far, the funds have almost always been available the very next business day rather than 2, 3, even 4 days later as some platforms do.
  • Google Wallet had a few glitches I was unhappy with, but Google Pay seems to have corrected them. Who knows if the changes were related to the name change or if they just happened to coincide with the timing for the most part, but either way I really don't have any big complaints.
Google Pay has so far been pretty well suited for all of my needs, so much so, that I use it personally as well. I haven't run into a situation where I thought it may not be appropriate as of yet, at least in terms of utilizing another similar platform. Obviously, there are times that a physical check or cash is needed, but I certainly can't fault Google for that. For my records, the email confirmations back-and-forth of payments and/or requests are completely fine. But if you need a professional receipt for any reason, I'm not sure if there is a way to pull something like that. So that may be the only time you may need to look at a different online option.
Read Jennifer Larson's full review
RAMKUMAR GUDIPATI | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

Google Pay is a fast and secure mobile payment method

Our company had not set up Google Pay to be used across the entire organization or any individual departments. I personally have it set up on my phone. And I use it, but no one else has access to it.
  • No need to carry physical card.
  • Safe and secure.
  • What if someone hacks or we loose the phone.
  • Not acceptable everywhere.
The main reason I use it is that I need not carry the credit card physically with me wherever I go. It is a very secure payment method. There is no additional cost. Those we receive the payment will not know our credit card details. The only worry will be someone might hack, and also this form of payment is not accepted everywhere we want to purchase something.
Read RAMKUMAR GUDIPATI's full review
February 19, 2020

Google Pay - A secured online payment mode

This is being used only by me. It is not set up to be used by the whole organization or any department within. I use it personally outside the company. It is a very secure payment method. We need not provide the credit card information to the seller, rather save the information in the Google pay set up. The seller will not be able to see our card information.
  • Contactless payment.
  • Seller or receiver cannot see credit card information.
  • Might need fingerprint identification.
  • If the device is lost then information could be easily hacked.
It is a very secure mode of payment method. We need not provide the credit card information to the seller or receiver, rather save the information in the google pay set up. The seller will not be able to see our card information. It is a contactless payment method. Can set up access authentication that no one could use the Google wallet.
Heidi M. Garrido | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 18, 2017

Better than PayPal?

My business uses Google Wallet sometimes, to collect payments from clients. It is used all across the organization. It addresses the issue of how to get a payment - and fast - and it also provides an alternative to other formats, like PayPal or running credit cards with a machine.
  • Provides method to receive fast payment.
  • Provides method to send fast payment.
  • Provides secure payment method.
  • Cutting down on time it takes to transfer funds to bank.
  • Providing a debit card to use funds right from the account.
  • More seamless paying via personal websites.
Google Wallet is well suited when I send an invoice and can get paid instantly via this service. And it is well suited when I don't need that money instantly, due to the time it takes to transfer to bank account for use. It is less appropriate when I need to be able to use it instantly.
Read Heidi M. Garrido's full review

About Google Pay

Google Pay (including Google Pay Send, formerly Google Wallet) is a payment processing solution from Google.