Score 8.5 out of 10

What is GoTo Webinar?

GoToWebinar is GoTo’s webinar and online conferencing solution, and offers features like audience polling and Q&A, flexible scheduling experiences, and webinar templates. It offers CRM integrations and reporting & analytics tools to help engage clients’ audiences.

• Record meetings / events (122)
    9.2
  • High quality audio (124)
  • Audience polling (151)
  • Q&A (169)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of GoTo Webinar, and make your voice heard!

Lite

$49/month

Standard

$99/month

per month per organizer

Pro

$199/month

per month per organizer

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.goto.com/pricing/webinar

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $49 per month per organizer

Product Demos

Introducing: The GoTo Flexible-Work Product Portfolio [Full]
01:21

Features

Reporting & Analytics

Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.

8.2Avg 7.6

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software

Features related to the performance, reliability & compatibility of web conferencing and webinar (online events) software.

8Avg 8.3

Online Meetings / Events

Features related to hosting and attending meetings and events online.

7.6Avg 8.3

Online Events Collaboration

Features related to collaboration between attendees during web conferences, webinars, and other online events.

8.4Avg 8.4

Online Events Security

Features related to the security of meetings and other events held via web conferencing/webinar software.

8.7Avg 8.4

Online Events Marketing

Features related to the marketing and branding of online events, and use of online events for marketing purposes.

7.7Avg 8.0

What is GoTo Webinar?

As an online webinar solution that powers millions of webinars each year, GoTo Webinar now comes as part of GoTo Connect, an all-in-one communications software built for SMBs. Whether it is used in webinars for marketing, training, or corporate communications, the Webinars solution aims to put the fun back into webinars with reliable technology that’s super simple to use. It provides features, integrations and analytics to engage an audience and make personal connections that drive business.

GoTo Webinar Features

Online Events Collaboration Features

• Supported: Audience polling
  • Supported: Q&A

• Supported: Recorded Events (formerly Simulated Live)
  • Supported: Video Channel Pages
  • Supported: On Demand Video Platform
  • Supported: Source Tracking
  • Supported: Certificates
  • Supported: Polls and Surveys

GoTo Webinar Screenshots

Screenshot of Setup flow for a new webinar in GoTo Webinar.Screenshot of Organizer's Control Panel and in-session experience

GoTo Webinar Video

At GoTo, we believe in making IT easy, anywhere. So, our GoTo Connect and GoTo Resolve products help you keep your employees and customers connected, supported, and secure –whenever, and on any device. Discover your GoTo. Learn more about our GoTo products at http://www.goto.com.

GoTo Webinar Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

GoTo Webinar starts at $49.

Webex Webinars, ON24, and Adobe Connect are common alternatives for GoTo Webinar.

Reviewers rate Record meetings / events highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of GoTo Webinar are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Uğur Turan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I routinely use GoTo Webinar and appreciate how simple it is to use, how it can host big groups, and how it can record meetings. As it offers the ideal interaction that we require when working together, it has evolved into one of the primary softwares I use to keep up with my team every day. Because of the high quality of the service and the tools it offers to improve our communication, the meetings feel very natural and as though we are in the office, which has greatly increased our productivity. Rarely, audio will occasionally stop working, however it could be due to user error.
  • ability to host large groups
  • record meetings
  • "mute on entry" option
  • loss of audio
This tool is really too easy to use. You can create a meeting from anywhere you want. It is all flexible. It works stable. You don't face bad surprises on critical meetings. It can manage large amount of users same time. Mostly you face with bandwith and sound quality problems with user more than 100 in a meeting. I got high performance with GoTo Webinar always.
Reporting & Analytics
Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software
Online Events Security
Online Events Marketing
Online Meetings / Events
  • collabration with team
  • fast and effective connection with customers
  • recording online trainings with high quality options
ease of participation in a facilitated meeting. Screen Share is a natural reflex. Independent of the screen and programs. Have highlights that are comparable to apps from competitors if they are worse. It is excellent that you are allowed to record your meeting so that everyone may see the recording later if someone missed it.
  • online training
  • customer meetings
  • Weekly team meetings
  • Job interviews
  • Monthly big department meetings
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
I keep everything same. I am satisfied with my experience
  • Don't know
  • Nothing
It is easy to implement and easy to use.
We didnt need any premium support
We didnt face a critical support need.
  • Start a meeting
  • manage a meeting
  • Nothing
GoToWebinar (GTW) is a phenomenal meeting and webinar software. Setting up and recording sessions, as well as extracting reports and metrics is very easy to do. Disseminating and administering the meeting is simple, and while the UI is a little bit archaic looking, it is rather versatile. Users might be annoyed that the software installs itself directly to your computer, but we have received few complaints about that. We use the software for both educational webinars for current and prospective clients, as well as for internal team meetings to include remote employees.
  • Recording webinars is a streamlined process. Just hit the button and it'll record the AV, and at the end of the session you will be prompted to convert the raw file.
  • The backend dashboard is remarkably user-friendly, giving wide-ranging ability to modify, edit, and analyze upcoming and past webinars. Handy features like copying old webinars is a great plus.
  • The applet includes a section for questions, which easily allows muted attendees to make their voices heard appropriately, and at the discretion of the speaker.
  • While recording is conveniently streamlined, it can sometimes be too much so. For example, new users may be confused as to where files are being recorded to on the harddrive. That the software saves both the raw and converted file to your HDD without you explicitly picking a folder location is a bit annoying.
  • The software has a harder than expected time reconnecting itself after a temporary drop in connectivity. Too often the affected user will need to close out the applet and rejoin, which can have a negative impact on recordings.
  • We have had trouble installing the software on Macs in the past, and have had to contact customer support. This only happened once, but was quite a hassle.
GTW has never let us down in our personal use cases as a company. Team meetings are greatly aided by the ability to both bring in remote employees, as well as for recording meetings for employees that could not attend a certain timeslot. For customers, we have had no issues supporting up to 300 attendees, and have absolutely no complaints as to client experience.
4.5
Q&A
Reporting & Analytics (2)
Dashboards
Data exportability
10.0
Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software (2)
High quality audio
Mobile support
Online Events Security (2)
Participant roles & permissions
Confidential attendee list
Online Events Marketing (2)
Branding options
Integration to Marketing Automation
10.0
Online Meetings / Events (4)
47.5%
4.8
Calendar integration
Record meetings / events
Slideshows
Event registration
10.0
We used to use Skype a lot, but never again. GTW knows what its business users need, and supplies those features in a well supported, functional package, Google Hangouts or Slack meetings just don't have the functionality and ease of use. We will continue using GTW for the foreseeable future.
Some aspects of the UI feel decidedly old school and could use some touch up, both in organization of the different parts, as well as simply in the crispness of the graphics, icons, fonts etc. But outside of that, everything is surprisingly easy to use, and streamlined as far as experience goes.
I am not sure that GTW offers a premum support service, but we have used regular old support via tickets. That system is perfectly fine, and we have never had an issue not solved by the next morning. That said, we very rarely need to contact customer support, as the software is generally running well.
The only time we have had to contact support, about installation on a Mac, the issue was resolved in short order.
We primarily use GoToWebinar for new business. The solution allows us to reach prospects as well as clients all over the country. Our presentations are informative and allow us to showcase our expertise within our industry and why they need our services. Our presentations are primarily educational for the attendees with a very soft sell of our services.
  • The automated e-mail to registrants. This e-mail allows the registrants to add the webinar to their calendar in a very seamless fashion and in the correct time zone, so there is no confusion and it increases the odds they will actually attend.
  • The recording of a webinar and the ability to edit it if need be and e-mail to 2 different segments (both the attendees and registrants who couldn't make the webinar). These e-mails go out to these groups separately, so it allows you to customize the message you send to each segment.
  • The reporting is another strength of GoToWebinar. It allows you to see how long the registrants were in the webinar, the answers they had for any polls you conducted during the webinar and their answers to any post-webinar survey questions you have. This actually covers three strengths in one. The reporting, the polls, which engages the attendees during the webinar and the survey, which allows you to learn and improve by getting valuable feedback.
  • One weakness is the customization and branding portion is somewhat limited. I'd like to be able to put a message on the registration page that differs from the automated e-mails that go out.
  • When you send out a webinar recording to someone not already registered after the webinar, the link they click on is basically a registration page, and once they register the video will display, which is fine, I just wish it could be a little more clear, it just seemed a little odd to me, I think the template could be cleaned up a bit here, perhaps the video embedded on the initial page and they register on that page for it to play, I'm not sure what the answer is here.
  • The current post webinar survey is only displayed on a users screen after the webinar. I think it would be nice to add a feature where you can send a link to people to after the fact to ask them to fill out the survey once you look at the report and see who didn't fill it out. I found a work around for this, but I think it would be a nice feature to auto generate a survey link that you can send out in personal e-mail, similar to the registration link.
I think this solution is well suited for someone who wants or has clients that are in different areas of the country. It cuts down on travel time and allows you to introduce your self and position yourself as an expert. I think GoToWebinar is not well suited to replace a meeting or presentation that needs to have the personal touch of being there in person to win a piece of business or face time to keep a relationship strong.
Q&A
Reporting & Analytics (2)
4.5
Dashboards
Data exportability
Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software (2)
3.5
High quality audio
Mobile support
Online Events Security (2)
6.5
Participant roles & permissions
6.0
Confidential attendee list
Online Events Marketing (2)
4.0
Branding options
3.0
Integration to Marketing Automation
5.0
Online Meetings / Events (4)
87.5%
Calendar integration
Record meetings / events
Slideshows
Event registration
I believe GoToWebinar is a best in class option, although not perfect, I think for delivering an overall solution to hosting webinars, it's the total package. I ultimately chose GoToWebinar because I was very familiar with GoToMeetings which I really liked and it just made the most sense for us. And to be honest, I didn't have time to or want to do a thorough evaluation of multiple products. GotoWebinar's customer service and sales people are top notch when ensuring you get what you need and the answers you're looking for. The tutorials are very helpful and their online resources to troubleshooting came in very handy.
I give it this rating because GoToWebinar is very user-friendly and if you do find yourself looking for something or trying to figure something out, the customer service is very knowledgeable and will get you the answer if they don't readily know. They follow up, which is nice. I also liked how we could copy the actual webinar and set several practice runs with our internal team prior to the actual webinar. It allowed everyone to become very comfortable to minimize any hiccups the day of.
For our needs, we only paid for the minimum subscription
I was always able to get someone on the phone when I needed to. They were very thorough and ensuring my questions were answered. And if I was asking for a solution or request that they didn't offer, they told me so I could at least stop trying to search for it.
Yes, we were in the middle of a live webinar and I had a question that had just come up, so I called Citrix support and they understood the urgency and they calmly and quickly gave me the answer I needed and it relieved the anxiety level of the entire team.
  • The registration set-up
  • The confirmation e-mails
  • The reporting
  • The recording of a webinar
  • Audio troubleshooting, but that could have been a # of issues and really isn't a problem with the solution
  • To be honest, I don't think it's difficult or cumbersome at all.
Yes, but I don't use it