- The integration with SalesForce is great and allows for data to be more easily pulled and viewed through the Hive9 system. It seamlessly combines spend data with program data so identifying and analyzing better-performing programs is easy.
- The reporting options in Hive9 are very robust and valuable for both marketing teams as well as finance and executive sponsors/stakeholders. The reporting was built from Sirius Decision's demand generation waterfall so it incorporates best practices for lead tracking and reporting.
- The fact that Hive9 integrates with sales and marketing automation systems as well as prominent accounting systems makes it an extremely valuable tool to bring in key data points to tell the story of marketing efficacy.
- The hierarchy of programs/initiatives can be pretty clunky and cumbersome. While it probably works great for larger size, enterprise organizations, it does not always jive with mid size to smaller companies - it can feel very constrained.
- There is currently no way to create a "flat" organizational structure of users. This can be very limiting for smaller-sized marketing organizations. Although I believe they are addressing this very soon.
If you are a smaller, more scrappy marketing organization, it can feel cumbersome at first, but it may also help your teams adopt best-practice project structures. To truly gain the benefits of the system, you must be running targeted lead generation campaigns with tangible goals and outcomes. Otherwise, you likely won't get the value from the tool.
Hive9 Scorecard Summary
Hive9 is a marketing analytics solution. According to the vendor, B2B CMOs, demand gen leaders and marketing operations experts rely on Hive9’s cloud-based solution to get one view of all plans and budgets tied to pipeline and revenue performance, optimize the full customer experience, and measure what matters to get real-time visibility that drives action and results. Additionally, the vendor says that unlike static spreadsheets and disparate, out-of-sync tools, Hive9 predicts and improves the impact of marketing and provides always-on intelligence with connections to leading CRM, marketing automation, finance, and project management systems.
Hive9 customers include Zebra Technologies, TD Ameritrade, MongoDB, and Sage Software, and the company is based in Austin, Texas.
Hive9 Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||80%|
Hive9 Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Hive9 Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||North America, Europe|