- The integration with SalesForce is great and allows for data to be more easily pulled and viewed through the Hive9 system. It seamlessly combines spend data with program data so identifying and analyzing better-performing programs is easy.
- The reporting options in Hive9 are very robust and valuable for both marketing teams as well as finance and executive sponsors/stakeholders. The reporting was built from Sirius Decision's demand generation waterfall so it incorporates best practices for lead tracking and reporting.
- The fact that Hive9 integrates with sales and marketing automation systems as well as prominent accounting systems makes it an extremely valuable tool to bring in key data points to tell the story of marketing efficacy.
- The hierarchy of programs/initiatives can be pretty clunky and cumbersome. While it probably works great for larger size, enterprise organizations, it does not always jive with mid size to smaller companies - it can feel very constrained.
- There is currently no way to create a "flat" organizational structure of users. This can be very limiting for smaller-sized marketing organizations. Although I believe they are addressing this very soon.
If you are a smaller, more scrappy marketing organization, it can feel cumbersome at first, but it may also help your teams adopt best-practice project structures. To truly gain the benefits of the system, you must be running targeted lead generation campaigns with tangible goals and outcomes. Otherwise, you likely won't get the value from the tool.