Satisfaction guaranteed!

May 14, 2022
I use Hootsuite as my resource to schedule our social media posts. This is an invaluable way for me to set up content and then forget …

Hootsuite: The Good and The Bad

February 25, 2022
They just signed on to the Pro version of Hootsuite right before I started, so I ended up getting personal training for the social media …

Hootsuite Review

February 21, 2022
I love the fact that Hootsuite is really good when it comes to SM post scheduling. It has an easy management interface and makes it a …

Hootsuite to the Rescue!

February 09, 2022
Hootsuite makes what was becoming unmanageable, manageable! I was having trouble keeping track of what I posted where, setting calendar …

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Relationship 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Value 2022
TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2022

Twitter (216)

9.2

Content planning and scheduling (234)

Facebook (222)

LinkedIn (199)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Hootsuite, and make your voice heard!

Professional

per month (1 user / 10 social profiles)

Team

per month (3 users / 20 social profiles)

Business

per month (5, up to 10 users / 35 social profiles)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://hootsuite.com/plans

Listening/monitoring

Publishing

Engagement

Marketing

Channel coverage/integration

Reporting/analytics

Account management

What is Hootsuite?

With over 200,000 paid accounts and millions of users, Hootsuite powers social media for organizations around the world—from the smallest businesses to the largest enterprises. Hootsuite helps users build their brands, strengthen connections with customers, and drive business results business leaders care about by integrating social across the whole organization.

With Hootsuite, users can schedule posts across multiple social networks (including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube ), manage organic and paid social content together, keep track of customer conversations, break down silos in collaboration within the organization, and gain real-time insights from social media to make critical business decisions—all from one dashboard.

As a social media management solution, Hootsuite can set up users for success with expert certifications, training, and coaching in social marketing, social listening, and customer care.

According to the vendor, the Key Benefits

• Save time by crafting and scheduling posts for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Youtube from one dashboard.

• Fine-tune how teams collaborate by assigning tasks, managing approvals, and monitoring team performance.

• Reach more customers and grow engagement by automating posts to reach the audience at the best times.

• Turn real-time data into strategic insights by monitoring mentions of a brand, key industry topics, and competitors.

• Streamline how users deliver customer care and support by sending incoming messages across social profiles to the right people in an organization.

• Get a better understanding of what customers want with analytics and gather those insights into customizable reports.

• Reach beyond dedicated followers and drive new customers to a brand by managing and reviewing social advertising performance.

• Level up skills with industry leading certifications, training, and strategic coaching with Hootsuite experts.

• Manage and maintain a social presence from anywhere, at any time, with the Hootsuite mobile app.

• Discover new tools—or connect existing technology—with 200+ technology partners and applications in the Hootsuite ecosystem.

Hootsuite Features

Account management Features

• Supported: Role-based user permissions & privileges
  • Supported: Mobile access

Hootsuite Screenshots

Monitoring: Monitor all of your social media profiles in one place and track the topics that matter to your brand.Scheduling: Plan social content as a team with an intuitive, shared planner that features collaborative post drafts and built-in approval workflows.Publishing: Create, publish and schedule engaging posts across your social channels.Customer Engagement: Never miss a message and respond to customer inquiries faster with a consolidated stream of messages across networks that can be triaged and assigned. Provides optional chatbot handover for automated responses.Analytics & Reporting: Measure the impact of your social media content and gather meaningful insights about your followers in order to make more informed strategic decisions. Create and distribute customizable reports in a variety of formats.

Hootsuite Videos

How to Use Hootsuite in 13 Minutes
How to Use Hootsuite’s Advanced Features in 13 Minutes

Hootsuite Downloadables

Hootsuite Integrations

Hootsuite Competitors

Hootsuite Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Blackberry
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Arabic, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Catalan, Indonesian, Turkish, Russian, Polish

What is Hootsuite?

HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.

What is Hootsuite's best feature?

Reviewers rate Twitter highest, with a score of 9.2.

Who uses Hootsuite?

The most common users of Hootsuite are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

• Meta for Business (formerly Facebook for Business)
Hootsuite offers more platforms and also more control over any of the competitors we evaluated. For our current business and customer needs, Hootsuite was and is a much better fit. We use the pro level, and right now, it has enough options and features to ensure proper engagement and real time analytics.
Depending on how you use the service and what they sell you on, Hootsuite is subpar. The paid social management through Hootsuite is an option that isn't available in Reputation; however, Meta and other platforms now have improved their ability to do that in a central location and provide decent reporting. That aside, we were too overcome by the negatives of the service to appreciate any positives in the platform.
Hootsuite has an interface that is very easy to use, allows me to train newbies very easily on it, and also solves all my needs. When we started Hootsuite had very reasonable pricing, the learning arch required is very low, and also we were able to maintain accounts on multiple platforms and share posts all at once.
Corinne Malo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We originally used Hootsuite and we really loved it, however, we switched to Khoros (then Spredfast) because our parent company had a global contract with them, and we had to switch. We were able to get more robust reporting from Spredfast, but Hootsuite was more user-friendly and they had great customer service.
Kira Dineen, MS, LCGC, CG(ASCP)CM | TrustRadius Reviewer
Have used a few other platforms over the years. Back in 2013-2014 I used one called Butterfly which I don't think is available anymore. This was much harder to use, however there were more features. I have also played around with TweetDeck before. Our team uses Facebook to schedule directly in the platform. I've never been 100% impressed or satisfied by a program. My favorite so far is Hootsuite.
Additionally, Buffer, Socialbakers, and CoSchedule are scheduling applications used in the social media marketing area of the business. However, when compared to these, I found Hootsuite to be more beneficial. Because Hootsuite allows us to simply create and schedule posts, manage all of our social media platforms, effectively plan for forthcoming campaigns, stay on top of incoming communications, and more precisely analyse outcomes, we use it every day.
Hootsuite was a more effective social media management platform than Sprout Social, which felt less comprehensive at a similar price point. Hootsuite also has some excellent tools that were not widely available on many of the other competitors despite the competitors being similar in cost. I would recommend Hootsuite over Sprout Social and many of the other major platforms.
Hootsuite is the best application for managing social media network channels. It is one of the social media management tool that enables us to view multiple streams at once and monitor what our customers are saying. We can post updates, read responses, schedule messages, view statistics, and much more. Another important reason to use Hootsuite is that it allows us to schedule messages across all our favorite social media platforms in advance. This enables us to create a solid social media strategy that encompasses crucial times when postings are most often read and get more followers to notice our content.
January 13, 2022

There are better options

We've switched to using Loomly for social media scheduling because of the added features, price, and role permissions. So far, it's been a good switch. We don't have to wade through the features we don't use anymore. I would recommend Loomly over Hootsuite any day.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite was the original social media manager, and it's managed to stay on top a decade later because they're innovative, and at the same time, simplistic enough to make it easy for a small business to manage their social media marketing. Sprout also does a great job but at a higher price.
Hootsuite really doesn't provide a level of functionality that meets these other players in the space. While Hootsuite was an early entrant into the space and has benefited from this, they lack the innovation, functionality, and flexible pricing options that these other solutions provide. Needless to say, we will be making a move to a new solution in 2022.
Hootsuite is a budget-friendly option for us because it has a free version. I know that the other social media management software is more powerful, but they are also a lot more expensive. We've used the free version and been happy with the benefits it can provide. It's also pretty intuitive and user-friendly, so not a steep learning curve, just jump in and start working.
Shelly Saxena | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite had a more user-friendly UI. Hootsuite has more features and it helps me to keep track of all my social media accounts as it provides statistics of my accounts. Which helps in maintaining accuracy in all my accounts and helps in increasing the followers of my different social media platforms.
Kristi Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Buffer
I used Hootsuite first and then tried Buffer for a while. Buffer's interface is very basic, and sometimes that was nice to not have distractions. I think Buffer is probably the easiest social media management tool to pick up and start using. But that also meant it phased out pretty easily for me. It didn't take long to outgrow Buffer, so I went back to Hootsuite. Overall, I've been happy with Hootsuite for quite a few years.
vivek kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having used two other scheduling tools, I felt they were hard to use, so I chose Hootsuite. I loved how the company helped others and offered potential users a limited time period to use the software for free. I love when companies help others.
SUSHIL KUMAR | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used both the software before and both of them are superb. They offer great features just like Hootsuite. But we chose Hootsuite because of its accuracy in real-time tracking and other features like integration with more applications than Buffer and later offers. And the performance of this software is better than its competitors.
Roshni Gautam | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Buffer
I used Buffer also and I found that the user interface of both the software is easy to use but buffer efficiency with hashtags and tagging is quite better than Hootsuite. Many features are common in both the software. However, Hootsuite has a big advantage over Buffer in that the Team collaboration in Hootsuite is really effective and sharing of data with the team as well. Managing content on Hootsuite is easier than Buffer.