Hootsuite Reviews

Ron Rothstain | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 16, 2019

Hootsuite, why you should be using them for your social media activities

Alternatives Considered

We love saving time by having our content scheduled through Hootsuite, so we do not have to worry about posting every day. Also, we no longer have to search and scroll to find and engage with our target market; they are all right there on our home page on Hootsuite. Plus, when reporting our social media marketing results, the analytics are all in one place and easy for those who aren't social media savvy can understand them!
Read Ron Rothstain's full review
Kent Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

I give a Hoot about HootSuite. It's affordable, intuitive and convenient.

Alternatives Considered

I found TweetDeck's interface to be overwhelming and unintuitive. I also didn't feel it provided comparable functionality. My team likes SproutSocial, but I was already too comfortable to consider switching over from HootSuite, plus I believe it's more expensive and roughly comparable.
Read Kent Lewis's full review
January 17, 2020

Hootsuite Makes Social Management Easy

Alternatives Considered

In my experience, Hootsuite has been the winning tool for overall social management. Its capabilities span more than some of its competitors and as a result, we are able to do more on our social accounts for less (when compared to using multiple platforms to get the same capabilities). I've been very happy with the data and interaction Hootsuite allows.
October 12, 2019

Overpromised and Not Worth The Cost

Alternatives Considered

I enjoy Khoros and Buffer a lot more. Hootsuite was filled with false promises and Khoros and Buffer are very straightforward in what they can provide. Buffer has few capabilities but you are aware of then when you purchase it. Khoros is very robust especially for enterprise and they are clear about what they can and cannot do for your business.
December 12, 2019

Hootsuite Review

Alternatives Considered

They are two totally different platforms, but both make planning and organization within the department seamless.
December 06, 2019

Hootsuite Works for Your Business

Alternatives Considered

I like Hootsuite but I don't think it is the best platform to use for free since you have posting limitations. If they removed restrictions then they would have more users who could take advantage of the platform.
Garrett Genest | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 25, 2019

Old Reliable!

Alternatives Considered

I first evaluated Hootsuite seven years ago in a past life. I evaluated it against Buffer and Sprout Social. I found it to be generally better than Buffer in most ways. I like Buffer's clean interface more but it's heavily limited compared to Hootsuite. The pricing of Buffer is better, but you do get what you pay for. We currently use Buffer in my main job and it has reliability issues that Hootsuite does not. I loved Sprout Social and it offered some features that were really cool and an attractive user interface but the pricing was prohibitive for a business that doesn't make quota via social channels. Bottom-line, if you need a low-budget option, probably go with Buffer knowing that you'll have issues—especially with LinkedIn frequently disconnecting itself. If you have the budget and social is a core part of your marketing strategy, I'd say definitely go with Hootsuite. If you have a lot of budget, and social is the main revenue stream for your business, then maybe look at Sprout too.
Read Garrett Genest's full review
Amy Paterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 21, 2019

Hootsuite, so easy to use even our entire department can use it!

Alternatives Considered

I have not used anything other than Hootsuite. I honestly haven't looked elsewhere because I am so satisfied with how the system performs. I'm not even sure if I know of others, but haven't bothered looking into it. I'm so happy with Hootsuite, why look anywhere else?!
Read Amy Paterson's full review
Che Odom | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 23, 2019

Hootsuite is efficient, effective, and relatively affordable

Alternatives Considered

Hootsuite works better than TweetDeck in that its functionality is greater. However to be fair, it has been a long time since I used the other product, and it may be much different now in terms of functionality. I think that Hootsuite also covers a lot of platforms, and at the time I was using it, TweetDeck only covered Twitter which is not a preferred platform at this time for our business.
Read Che Odom's full review
Jason Mollica | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 16, 2019

Give a Hoot... your organization will be glad you did!

Alternatives Considered

We actually use Hootsuite's classroom program along with Meltwater and Google Analytics. By selecting Hootsuite in concert with either Meltwater or Brandwatch, and (at times) Facebook Insights, students can get the real-world feeling of how brands and businesses choose the tools needed to monitor, listen, and communicate with its stakeholders. Having certification from Hootsuite also is a wonderful "feather" in the cap for a student, graduate or undergraduate, on their resume and LinkedIn profile.
Read Jason Mollica's full review
October 01, 2019

Hootsuite is a great tool

• Buffer
I don't remember the name now but there was another tool I used when I first started and it was messing up all of my posts. I would find links to one post were showing up on another and the images were swapped as well. Once this started happening, I immediately stopped using that product and started the search for another. That's when I found Hootsuite and it worked great so I was happy and stuck with it. Now that my clientele is growing, I am looking into another product whose price point fits better with my business as I continue to grow. I do also have a client who prefers I use Buffer for their content. They aren't as easy to use as Hootsuite because each account's posts are separate from each other and I prefer Hootsuite's view where you can see all posts in one spot. However, they do have some cool features such as storing hashtags, which is really helpful.
May 21, 2019

Is Hootsuite too sweet?

Alternatives Considered

Sprout Social has a better UI than Hootsuite. It uses a single feed approach compared to the multi-column layout that allows you to check and uncheck filters based on what you'd like to see at a given moment. Overall, Hootsuite was a better choice for our team given the stronger analytics reporting that it provided. Being in a data-driven business, this was particularly important to us to be able to provide performance metrics to leadership. Both tools are fairly similar, so it really is a toss-up in terms of which you should choose.
Dan Lobring | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

Scalable social media management dashboard

Alternatives Considered

Hootsuite has been an early adopter in the social media dashboard space and continues to add channels and adjust with changes in social media channel's API's. It's relatively low cost for smaller teams, and because it is not limited to one primary social channel, i.e., TweetDeck and Twitter, makes it a low risk, high-reward proposition for our team.
Read Dan Lobring's full review

Boolean keyword searches (64)
Filtering out noise/spam (67)
6.6
Sentiment analysis (61)
Broad channel coverage (83)
Content planning and scheduling (103)
Audience targeting (77)
Content optimization (83)
Workflow management (86)
Automated routing and prioritization (64)
Customer interaction histories (71)
Bulk actions (78)
Lead generation (48)
Content marketing (77)
Paid media management (44)
Campaigns and promotions (67)
Twitter (100)
9.4
Facebook (100)
LinkedIn (89)
Google+ (60)
Instagram (82)
Pinterest (48)
YouTube (45)
Campaign success analytics (81)
Real-time tracking (81)
Competitor analysis (57)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (84)
Mobile access (91)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite aims to help people connect on social media with the communities they live in, the teams they work with, and the brands they love as well as customers who believe in them.

Whether managing a small team or making leap forward to completely transform a social enterprise, Hootsuite presents solutions to help unlock the power of human connection.

The vendor states that Hootsuite is trusted by more than 18 million customers and employees at more than 80 percent of the Fortune 1000. They further provide that Hootsuite's expertise, customer insights at scale, and collaborative ecosystem empowers organizations large and small to strategically grow their brand, business, and customer relationships with social. They invite visitors to learn more, at www.hootsuite.com.

Hootsuite Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Hootsuite Integrations

Hootsuite Competitors

Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Radian6, Sprout Social, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Socialbakers, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr

• Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes