HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/vG/FW/82VTWIZC8WTT.JPEGHootSuite as one of the leading Social Media management platformsEffective overview of Social Media environment thanks to the well-developed dashboard and customization options. Good tracking & monitoring capabilities thanks to the simplicity of adding required data (tweet) streams. Easy-to-use communication capabilties. The highly intuitive HootSuite dashboard makes it very easy for users to publish new content, and reply to other users, on various different platforms, e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. Integrated link shortener. Effective & customized KPI reports that offer good first overview of business performance with an additional option to integrate your Google Analytics account.,Competitor analysis could be improved in the future. At the moment, HootSuite is lacking superior capabilities around tracking competitor performance. Access to historical data is rather limited, but this is a common issue for most of the tools in this category.,Increased social media community that generates more leads can be partially attributed to the integration of HootSuite into our business activities.,9,,9,2,Social Media management Communication "Buzz" monitoring,9,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training Self-taught,8,From my personal experience and the experience collected from other clients, including complete newcomers, there are no big issues encountered in learning this tool. In case some tips & tricks are necessary, most of answers can be found on the web.,No,8,8,10,9,Integration with Google Analytics may be done in the future, and this is already supported by HootSuite.,Clients considering Pro and Enterprise plans can negotiate on different topics, including how many users are going to work with the tools; what kind of support is necessary; and the amount of credits required to track the data via analytics reports. For this reason, it is advisable to decide exactly how the tool will be used before engaging into a firm business relationship. Bear in mind that you have an option to try things out with a trial account, so use this trial wisely!.HootSuite's EffectivenessIt schedules tweets very well and provides very thorough analytics data. However, they need to improve their abilities to schedule posts to other networking sites.,It doesn't do a great job of scheduling posts for sites other than Twitter. Other than Twitter, posts tend to have less impact and aren't created the way you imagine.,8,2,I'm able to really get an understanding on what tweets are having an impact with my brand's customers.,2,This product allows my brand to schedule tweets for Twitter and analyze their performance.,8,,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,Yes, everything with this site is very self explanatory.,5,10,10,8,I would like to integrate Pinterest with it, but so far they haven't offered such integration.,Hootsuite doesn't offer much room for negotiating, but their terms are pretty acceptable. I suggest going with the pro plan if you intend to analyze your campaign's performance.Great Tool - Publishing & SearchPublishes content at scheduled times. Allows me to monitor search results, multiple at a time. Gives me the ease of switching platforms across various brands without logging in and out of channels.,Freezes occasionally.,10,4,Time savings Freedom of publishing content Monitoring of brand mention/context on Twitter (SCRM),2,10,,Implemented in-house,9,Self-taught,It was easy for me to learn. They have online tutorials for anyone seeking training.,No,10,9,8,9,VinTank.,Did not negotiate terms but I did sign up early so my pricing is very cheap.A+ ProductUser-friendly. Valuable insights. Cuts time when managing multiple twitter and social media handles.,N/A,8,Higher ROI with less time investment.,Tweet scheduling. Client tweet management. Reporting & Insights.,7,Don't know,7,In-person training Self-taught,6,Yes! Self taught is a very viable method for most uses of the product,No,8Hootsuite Enterprise for Social Media AgencyAutomating the posting of content across various social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.). It would take a very long time to do this manually. We would have to write our own software and figure out the APIs to do this any other way.,The reporting didn't work particularly well for our clients' needs. Most of our clients were paying too little to warrant in-depth reporting, so it wasn't really a big issue. There are a lot of great reporting modules that our clients just couldn't take advantage of due to their small size. There is a limit (200) on how "tabs" one user can create. This hasn't yet been an issue but it may end up being one. Not much else. It's solid.,Automation of monitoring and posting results in a lot of time and labor savings. We're able to leverage employees at a lower base via the team infrastructure and security levels.,9,10,10,2,Automation of social media account monitoring and content posting for 200+ small business clients.,,,Implemented in-house,9,Online training Self-taught,10,It's pretty intuitive. Getting setup is the toughest part, but it's not terribly difficult.,Yes,10,9,10,9,Google Docs would be great since we build our content calendars using a Google Docs template provided by Hootsuite. It would save us a lot of time exporting and importing batches of content for each client. Pinterest,,We had an initial trial of a couple of months to be sure we could work with the software before committing to a full year. That was great!If you need an easy social media platform-choose HootsuiteIt saves so much time and confusion around when social media content is posted.,It provides a way to instantly make links shorter. You have several streams that you can follow at one time in your dashboard. It is simple to understand.,9,A higher percentage of tweets and retweets.,It is the easiest way to schedule tweets for us.,10,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,It was very easy to learn without training. I would absolutely recommend this approach to others.,No,10HootSuite Pro ReviewHandles multiple accounts and platforms with ease. Reduces my time logging in and out of several accounts and improves my productivity.,Sometimes the Twitter API stalls or slows the updating of data.,10,1,There is no such thing as a quantifiable ROI with social media.,1,Social Media productivity. Ease of listening, responding, engaging.,10,,Implemented in-house,10,Online training Self-taught,10,Yes, I taught myself most of the process.,No,10,10,10,9,No.,All spelled out online. No sales hype, no salesperson. Simple.HootSuite ReviewFeatures that seem to work well: Monitoring conversations in real time. Scheduling automatic post. Team management.,When posting across several platforms their can be considerable delays. At times there are system outages.,Direct contact with targeted audience. Staff knowledge of advantages of the system has increased which has led to measurable productivity. Brand awareness.,9,9,12,8,Under the recruiting umbrella it allowed for us to compose the "Iron Triangle" which is the alignment of three different departments. Also, to monitor and engage our audience in an effective manner. Lastly, the collaborative tool that allows for the assignment of task.,,Implemented in-house,9,Self-taught,Training is a MUST and a lot of things will be missed if training is not conducted. Training builds confidence and efficiency with the product!,No,9,8,9,9,Not at this time.,,Internal approval for two years. Signed a one year contract with GSA pricing.Team functionality and clean UI are great.We have tried many different tools and HootSuite is definitely one of the best: We have a huge social media team and one of the best features is the Teams functionality that enables us to configure the product to reflect the way we are structured We can build separate organizations with different team Each team member is in turn mapped to a social media profile, or account (several people can then contribute to a single profile discussion). This functionality enables us to build a highly collaborative platform where we can have multi-threaded conversations with This allows for much deeper conversations that are possible in the single response model of other tools. In addition, product support is highly responsive and We always get our questions answered / issues resolved They are also really good at building in new functionality based on client suggestions. The UI is extremely clean and Great user experience. We do use Radian 6 for analytics – much deeper than HS…search across blogs and forms…don’t use as response tool We use HootSuite for FB and Twitter only,The product does not have any obvious weaknesses, however it cannot do everything we need: HS does not offer sentiment We use Radian6 for this. We also use Radian6 for analytics as the analytics functionality in Radian6 is much deeper and it can search across a wider range of channels, including blogs and In addition, we also use another product called Simply Measured to perform an even deeper level of social Simply Measured has a powerful reporting engine that allows us to build custom reports to drill into any metric we The reporting capabilities in HootSuite are much more pre-packaged,Team functionality is a highly efficient way for groups to manage many different social teams The product is configured to match our organization. Scheduling of tweets and FB posts in advance is also a great time saver.,10,9,97,1,Social listening Publishing / Engagement Team management / workflow Customer support Marketing campaigns Main task is to respond to comments made over social channels to our various game communities Each game has its own Twitter and FB Gamers leave comments / ask questions / makes suggestions (often negative, sometimes / request status updates on unreleased games / ask for others to participate in MMOs (massively multi-player online games). Originally they were surprised to get a rapid response, but know they have come to expect Secondary task is scheduling FB posts / Tweets to multiple accounts and centrally managing multiple accounts,,Implemented in-house,9,Self-taught,My boss trained me, and I did not get any formal training. Occasionally I look at HS University to figure something out.,No,9,9,9,No,,We were on older pricing scale. That account had 30 seats. Recently we added additional seats and in order to do that, we migrated to new pricing scheme. This is more expensive, but HootSuite justifies the higher price by including unfettered access to analytics for all users at no extra cost. However, as we use Radian 6 for analytics, this doesn’t really affect us. Under the new pricing model we can add additional seats for an additional price.Reliable, easy-to-use; analytics could be better.Reliable. HootSuite is a very reliable and easy-to-use tool. Good analytics. Scheduling capabilities are really great. We use many student volunteers and this capability makes it possible to manage the entire program with one full-time person managing it. We can maintain an active presence over several channels without having to be post live.,The only drawback is the delay between what is being posted and what I’m seeing on the interface. Use it for weekly reports. Don’t see the most recent posts. For management, I just go to FB. Analytics. Hard to measure. Would love an easier way to track metrics. The reports in HS are helpful but they do not show everything I need to share with management.,10,20,The main ROI is around the efficencies we get from the scheduling functionality.,10,1,The use case is primarily scheduling. Also listening for Twitter mentions. and engagement with propsective students (questions, etc). This is our primary tool for engagement across the board. We use social media to present a positive image of the school. A huge number of high school students use social media to decide where to go to school. Facebook is a great recruitment channel. We use the tool primarily for relationship building and retention. We primarily use the Facebook and Twitter channels to build relationships with current and prospective students and other stakeholders. Centralized management of social media accounts is also very important. We manage multiple accounts and HootSuite is the best way to keep track of them all: Use team functionality. We have eight FB pages, eight Twitter accounts. We also have Google + and Instagram channels but our use of these is much more limited. The primary functions we use the tool for are social listening, publishing and engagement, and centralized team management and workflow.,,Don't know,Self-taught,We have access to HootSuite University, but I have never used it. My former boss trained me on the product, and anything else I need to know I was able to figure out on my own.,No,10,8,10,8,We negotiated an annual contract which included unlimited access to analytics.Usability quite poor.Publishing original content Publishing responses to customer engagement,Across the board, usability is poor. I find it extremely difficult to navigate and perform common functions Reporting is labor intensive, requiring me to build nearly everything by hand Listening is difficult because streams UI is confusing and disjointed Influencer identification is a hidden function that I had to search the internet for help to find,5,2,I am saving time by utilizing a platform that allows me to publish to multiple social accounts at once. I am able to gather click-through data without having to utilize a separate service.,,1,Publishing original content, sharing interesting articles, and responding to customer engagement Listening for conversations about my brand, my industry, and my competition,5,,Don't know,5,Online training Self-taught,6,Yes and no. I have evaluated so many similar systems and I have experience building one of these systems. Based on that experience, I could find the major functions on my own. However, the usability problems made it more difficult than it should have been for me.,No,7,4,8,7,No, I have been able to add most other systems I wanted through their app directory,Not applicableBest team-oriented SMM tool available!It is hands down, the best team-oriented social media management application. The ability to delegate and centralize workflow for social media management make it a great pick.,Nowhere,10,2,If I used the reporting, we could determine ROI through hootsuite,,1,Social media marketing Social media listening,10,,Implemented in-house,10,Self-taught,Yes, especially for users of any other social dashboard,No,6,7,10,10,No,No - purchased as-isGood user experience, but slow.Consolidates feeds and provides a convenient dashboard to view all feeds.,It is slow,7,6,We have more direct contact with clients.,,2,Marketing and keeping in touch with our networks.,7,,Implemented in-house,8,Self-taught,Yes, Out of Box experience.,No,,,10,7,Social networks,No,none
Hootsuite
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Hootsuite Reviews

Hootsuite

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 13 of 388 Hootsuite ratings and reviews.

Igors Skute profile photo

Read Igors Skute's full review
August 26, 2013

HootSuite Review

February 06, 2013

Usability quite poor.

Ease of Hootsuite Training

Boolean keyword searches (55)
Filtering out noise/spam (58)
6.5
Sentiment analysis (52)
Broad channel coverage (71)
Content planning and scheduling (89)
Audience targeting (67)
Content optimization (71)
Workflow management (75)
Automated routing and prioritization (54)
Customer interaction histories (60)
Bulk actions (67)
Lead generation (41)
Content marketing (68)
Paid media management (37)
6.5
Campaigns and promotions (58)
Twitter (88)
Facebook (87)
LinkedIn (78)
Google+ (55)
Instagram (70)
Pinterest (40)
YouTube (38)
Campaign success analytics (72)
Real-time tracking (72)
Competitor analysis (50)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (72)
Mobile access (79)

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite Integrations

Google Analytics, Allocadia, Brandwatch, 123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm)

Hootsuite Competitors

Adobe Social, Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Oracle Social Cloud, Radian6, Sprout Social, Viralheat, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr Social + Messaging Suite

Hootsuite Technical Details