Reviews (1-3 of 3)
April 17, 2018
Score 4 out of 10
Supportworks ITSM is used by our IT Helpdesk team to capture, track, escalate and resolve IT-related issues. The issues are logged in by our internal IT users as well as external business users that out Helpdesk team supports.
- The system time-stamps actions (such as issue logged in/escalated/put on hold/resolved) which is useful
- Email notifications are sent when the ticket (inquiry) is about to expire/breach SLA to the ticket owner or to notify the user that the inquiry has been placed on hold or resolved
- There is a knowledge base search capability
- The UI is very, very basic and is not designed with the user in mind
- The system itself is pretty basic yet required a rather complex set up
- Random and inconvenient glitches: when Supportworks is opened, it offers useful pop-up notifications when a ticket has been submitted/edited/closed. However, if the notification pop up appears whilst I am typing (an email, document - anything), it overrides any kind of typing. This means that unless you touch-type with your eyes constantly glued to the screen, it is possible to miss the override moment
Read this authenticated review
The concept of the solution is a good one and in theory, Hornbill Supportworks ITSM is good for incoming inquiries/tickets management. The inquiries can be automatically captured by a user submitting a request, and an email notification is sent to both the Helpdesk team and the customer. The inquiries are then tracked, alerting the team when the SLA is about to be/has been breached. Once the inquiry has been resolved, it notifies all relevant parties, as well as time-stamps the action.
July 15, 2016
Score 6 out of 10
We use Hornbill Supportworks ITSM company wide. For the most part it is used as an IT support tool for logging and requesting errors, issues, fixes etc. I personally use it in a support role for the creative services team, picking up issues and allocating them to the appropriate team members for working on.
- Allocate requests to individuals
- All issues, errors and fixes in one location
- Shared process between multiple functions and locales
- The interface is quite hard work, not very visually friendly
- It all just feels a bit old fashioned and needs a reboot
- This may be an internal process, but not everyone has access, so quite frequently I have to pick requests up and then take them out of the Supportworks system.
Read Matthew Kermode's full review
It is very good as a repository for all related issues, concerns, errors etc., and it is easy to see all of the ongoing updates sequentially in one screen. It isn't any good for specific work allocation, project management or resourcing.
April 18, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
It's used by our IT department as our incident and problem management system. We have been using Supportworks for over ten years now, from a fledgling product to the more mature version that it is today. The system provides our help desk, desktop, and infrastructure teams with the tool needed to manage some 5000-6000 incidents per month.
- Manages a large amount of data without slowdown or issues.
- Reliable platform for incident and problem management.
- API usage for linking to other systems is basic but useable.
- User interface is somewhat old fashioned.
- Cost of having Hornbill install updates is annoying as updates that we try and instal ourselves often fail.
- Cost of support is too high.
Read this authenticated review
- Medium size IT support organisations.
- Those without a need for complex knowledge systems or complex search engines. Ideal for support teams, limited usage for project or non-technical teams.
- Better to use other systems to feed in information such as assets, customers etc.
Hornbill Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Hornbill Supportworks is a comprehensive ITSM platform offered by a UK-based company. It competes with BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, Cherwell, FrontRange, and CA Technologies.
Categories: IT Service Management (ITSM)
Hornbill Technical Details