Later Reviews

Genie Forkner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2020

Later Is the ULTIMATE Instagram publishing tool! Saves time, money and increases productivity!

We use Later to manage Instagram for our clients. As the first platform that offered a direct posting to Instagram, it has become our go-to resource for clients that wish to plan and manage their Instagram content with advance planning and strategies. It's continued improvements have proved to be invaluable!
  • Posts directly to Instagram without the need for push notifications
  • Has tools to help develop relevant content
  • Stores media in one convenient place
  • Ability to have multiple users in one sign on account
  • Bulk uploads
  • Allow for larger file sizes
  • Bulk media folder for multiple users
Later is the consummate tool for managing Instagram! I am able to manage Instagram profiles for multiple brands and multiple users in one location. For a micro agency, it is a HUGE time saver! The affordable plans make it a no brainer solution to managing Instagram, it's the ease of use and the visual interface is simple to use and requires little to no technical abilities.
Their response time is rapid and accurate! They also have a GREAT support library to find your own solutions.
Read Genie Forkner's full review
Ashley Manivong | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2020

Later is great for Streamlining Instagram posts

Later is being used to post on our business page Instagram - which can be scheduled on a desktop or phone application. I like using this to streamline Instagram posts.
  • Scheduling Instagram Posts
  • Analytics
  • Allowing post and scheduling of stories
  • More robust analytics
Later is excellent for any size business looking for a platform to post Instagram posts ahead of time.
I never had an issue, and a chat box automatically appears when I log in.
Read Ashley Manivong's full review
April 24, 2020

Save Time with Later

We use Later to help schedule our and our clients' social media posting. By doing so and allowing us to connect other platforms (not just Instagram), it helps us reduce wasted time in having to login individually to separate accounts and copy/paste the same information over and over. We have the ability to in a way "set it and forget it," by taking a few hours out of our day to create and schedule content, then we can focus on what's important which is engaging with our followers.
  • Scheduling ahead of time.
  • Scheduling across different platforms.
  • Offers both free and paid plans.
  • I can't think of anything.
If you are looking to grow your social media audience, especially on Instagram, you need to incorporate this platform into your list of tools. Not only do you have the ability to schedule your posts and link those posts to their own individual pages, but you can also respond to comments on the platform. It's incredible. Whether you're an individual person or big brand - this works for everyone.
I cannot give a perfect 10 as I have never needed support so I cannot honestly provide feedback on it. But I guess that fact alone can speak on the ease of use and functionality of their product.
Alexis Ramsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

Later is the Best Kept Automation Secret

We currently use Later to schedule content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. We also use the software as a media repository, where we can all quickly grab images and videos using the mobile app. The software is used among our marketing team but has been recommended during marketing training to third-party social media users.
  • Later's easy upload feature (drag and drop) is incredibly helpful, especially for multiple images and videos.
  • The drag and drop option for scheduling content is easy, and images and videos load rather quickly depending on size.
  • Captions can be saved if there are posts or common phrases that repeated and shared out from the content.
  • If they would include LinkedIn scheduling, this tool would eliminate me having to use another tool.
  • Due to Instagram's API, user tags can't be saved or stored, so this is a drawback, but after working with their free technical support, we found a workaround that makes sense.
  • Scheduling Instagram stories is incredibly hard since the space to do so is very small, and since you can't see your image or video name, so similar images can get mixed up.
Later is great for not only small and large businesses, but also for influencers who want a curated feed that they can easily auto-publish. If you need to tag your Instagram photos on a consistent basis, that might be a struggle, but in general, for the minimal cost and features, Later is well worth the cost. Additionally, their technical support takes 24-28 hours to respond to via chat, but it's within the software so it's very simple.
Given the scale of the software, there is not immediate technical support. Instead, you submit your question via chat, and they respond within 24 - 48 hours. While I have never run into an immediate need for help, this might be a concern for others. The follow up though is thorough and gives you a chance to have a further dialogue if you have further questions.
Read Alexis Ramsey's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Save time and schedule your content with Later

Later is a social media scheduling tool that I use to arrange and schedule social media content such as videos, graphics, and stories to platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. This tool has helped to save me time on posting on our social media business accounts and stay consistently visible. It’s a tool that I use on the go on mobile and tablet via its app and through its website. It also provides some useful data insights on the engagement of your content and the best times to post. Later is an essential tool to help run my business presence online smoothly.
  • Schedules to platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
  • It auto publishes graphics, and ideas to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
  • It currently doesn’t post videos to a Pinterest via the mobile app, only via the desktop version.
  • Provides scheduling for Instagram stories but only via push notifications so you’ll have to use your mobile to actually post to Instagram stories.
If you are a start-up business and juggling a lot of things in your business you can use Later to ensure your content is going out at a certain time even whilst your busy. You can batch upload videos and graphics and it stores them on via your account to schedule to schedule at another time. If you’re more focused on posting to Instagram and Facebook stories multiple times a day then Later may frustrate you as you’ll have to post it yourself following the push notification sent to your mobile.
Later are not just a software tool, they also provide marketing advice, tips, and tutorials via their blog. I’ve only had to reach out to them for help a few times and have found them to respond much faster than other tools in their category. I receive weekly emails with updates, marketing tips and invites to online events. I look forward to their emails as I’ve learned a lot of things that I’ve been able to actually implement.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
Meredith Walter | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2019

Great IG management tool if you PAY!

Later is being used to schedule Instagram posts on a weekly basis. It helps with management of visual content and planning out the social channel's visual content.
  • Later is great at Instagram marketing thought leadership. I love their newsletters they send out on Instagram marketing tips and new features to take advantage of.
  • I love the ability to manage my visual content in once place in later. I can connect to Drive or Dropbox to bulk upload my images and categorize them with tags.
  • I also love the ability to store captions so that I can have a repository of captions and just connect them to an image.
  • It's really easy to tag others in my posts.
  • I wish I could edit the look and feel of my pictures within Later a little easier. There are standard filters, but for brand sake, I need everything to be consistent.
  • I wish there was a direct integration with things like Canva and Lightroom to make uploading and editing my images seamless.
  • The biggest thing I wish Later did was allowing a better threshold for the free accounts. All of the helpful and useful features are for paid only (video posts, multi-image posts, analytics, etc). I can't justify the cost for just a few posts a month. I end up doing all of the video and multi-image posts manually, which lately has me questioning the benefit of Later's free version as a small business.
If you're going to pay for the tool, I think it's a great investment. It's got analytics to help you track the performance of posts, how your following changes, when is the best time to post, etc. As a free tool, however, I don't think it is that beneficial. If you're just looking to post static images a few times a month with no need for analytics, it's great. However, businesses with a semi-decent marketing plan for Instagram will need something more than that. Decide if the cost is worth it for you!
I haven't had to use any support for Later, so I can't speak directly to it. However, I can say that their newsletters and blog content are extremely helpful. I stay subscribed to them (which I rarely do for any company) because they are so on top of when IG releases (or is going to release) new features AND provides instructions/advice on how to capitalize on these new features as a business.
Read Meredith Walter's full review
Samantha Crawford | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

I love Later for all my social media scheduling!

Later allows me to schedule social media posts easily across multiple platforms. I can upload photos to the media library, and schedule posts on my mobile, tablet, or PC to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I am the sole employee at my company and the sole user.
  • Easily post/schedule across multiple platforms
  • Easy to schedule and upload media
  • Free for up to 30 posts
  • Limit to how many posts we can schedule in a month
  • I wish images were auto resized when uploading to Later
  • More features for free
Later is great for everyone! The free plan is great for those posting 1x a day or less. The paid versions are affordable and offer users multiple posts a day.
Customer service is very helpful, and they have blog posts keeping us up to date on trends and what is popular, including when new features are added and how to use them.
Read Samantha Crawford's full review
Lauren Kelley | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

A Visual Brand's Dream

Later is being used by the marketing department to promote and grow our social media channels. It's important that we keep a close eye on post performance and analytics each month, which Later helps us to do.
  • Allows you to schedule Instagram Stories Content. No other tool that I have tried allows this feature.
  • Great analytics available for Instagram - something that lacks on many other platforms.
  • The LinkIn.Bio feature allows you to drive traffic to multiple sources, which is helpful for accounts without a swipe-up link.
  • It's easy to switch between accounts if you are managing multiple brands and platforms.
  • Later doesn't allow you to tweet just a link (no photo attached), which can be a challenge at times when planning content.
  • It would be nice if Later could pull in posts that are shared natively. Sprout Social does this and it is very convenient.
  • As of right now, you can only sort by account (IG, TW, FB) to see your content. I would be nice if you could select multiple and see the content calendar as a whole across platforms.
Later is well suited for you if you have a lot of visual content to share on social media. It helps you plan out your graphics, especially for Instagram, and does a nice job of housing everything and keeping track of what went live and when. It's less appropriate if your brand posts a lot of links, or focuses largely on LinkedIn, since Later does not support that platform.
The online chat support is very convenient and super helpful. The reps that I have emailed with were also very knowledgeable and were REAL people. That can be hard to find in this new digital age.
Read Lauren Kelley's full review
November 14, 2019

Later saves you time and mental energy by publishing your social media content for you.

I use it in my business to create and schedule social media posts, i.e., Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I can set up all my social media posts for the next week in one session and then forget about it; this means it's saving me time and mental energy because I don't have to interrupt my workflow each day to create a social media post.
  • I can save groups of hashtags to re-use in other posts.
  • It publishes my posts automatically to various social accounts on a predefined schedule.
  • For Instagram, I can visually see and plan how my layout would look before I post.
  • It indicates when I go over the hashtag limit for Instagram.
  • I could not add multiple photos to one post.
  • I could not post videos.
  • I don't recall that it could pick up/verify Instagram account handles when wanting to tag someone.
If you have single photos you want to post periodically to your social media accounts - this is going to work great. If you're going to post videos or multiple photos per post, this is not the solution.
I haven't used their support.
November 06, 2019

One of the best social scheduling tools we've tried

Later was not the option we went with when evaluating social media scheduling platforms, but it still offered many benefits and after reviewing recent additions, we are talking things over as a team and considering another test run of later! During our previous evaluation, it was used by our (very!) small Marketing and Communications team rather than the organization as a whole. It addressed issues for scheduling social media in advance when my co-worker and I would not be available to post as something was happening. Social media can be a beast to manage and a full-time job in itself. We are a small team of just two people, and we balance a lot of duties in our organization. Being able to schedule social media posts in advance is a lifesaver for us, and scheduling tools are imperative to our success and social media growth.
  • Easy to use - We evaluated several different scheduling programs, and Later was one of the easiest to use. I would presume that even someone without a strong social media background could utilize the tool with ease.
  • Analytics options - This is one of the primary reasons why we are planning to return to Later. The Analytics options are unparalleled, especially in response to hashtag performance.
  • Story scheduling - Another huge pro. I have not come across another platform that allows users to schedule Insta stories in advance, but this is a new feature Later has added.
  • Placeholder images - I am the copywriter for our team, while my co-worker handles digital media such as videos and photographs. It is easy for him to schedule a photo with placeholder text for me to come and fill in behind him, but it is not easy for me to write the text so that he can come in behind me and drop in a photo. We usually have to work together as we schedule, and we could get more done if we could do things separately.
  • More for Facebook and Twitter - Later seems primarily focused on Instagram. I would love to see more features that are focused on Facebook and Twitter as well.
Later is an excellent social media scheduling tool. I believe it is imperative for all businesses to use social media, no matter how small or niche they may be, and a scheduling tool makes that job so much easier. Our analytics dives have shown us that the best time for us to post is on a Sunday, which is not a business day for us. Tools like Later allow us to plan for these posts in advance so we don't have to worry about it.
I did not utilize much of Later's support offerings, but I can speak for the team as we went through our evaluation period. They were always incredibly helpful, encouraging, and ready to lend a hand. I still receive helpful newsletters from Later that I put into practice even without using their platform currently.
Josephine Stafford | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 25, 2019

Later is perfect for any business wanting to implement Instagram without the time sacrifice!

Later is a great tool that I use to keep myself from getting distracted by social media and to ensure that I am posting regularly. It is helpful for consistent posting, as well as links to my website, tagging users and hashtags.

Being present on Instagram is important to my business, but staying off of Instagram is important to my wellbeing - Later helps me achieve both with automatic posting.
  • The link in my bio is easy to use.
  • Hashtag generator helps me gain keywords to searchable by users.
  • The tagging feature is in compliance with Instagram's laws.
  • The multi-post feature is nice.
  • I like the time to post suggestions.
  • Easy to drag and drop.
  • You're able to save captions for later use.
  • I haven't noticed any improvement in results, and so far no one has used the link in the bio.
  • Make it even easier or quicker to bulk schedule.
  • Save websites for easy auto-fill.
Later is perfect for any business or individual user because there is a free option. It's incredibly easy to get started and easy to upload images and start posting. The regular emails give great and relevant insight on growing your followers and utilizing Later to its maximum potential. I've used other social media managers and by far I like Later the best!
Read Josephine Stafford's full review
November 24, 2018

Good Instagram Scheduler

Later is used exclusively by myself in our organization to help schedule and automate our social media posts on Instagram in order to create a consistent and professional aesthetic. It helps save time spent planning our Instagram feed as well as keeping a bank of hashtags ready so that we do not have to retype them every time we post.
  • Scheduling
  • Education
  • Hashtag storage
  • Offering carousel posts free of charge
  • Better support for video posts
Later is well suited for when you know exactly what and when you want to pose well in advance. If your posts tend to be more spontaneous or unpredictable then Later is not as helpful. It requires many steps to post which is not useful when time is of the essence.

About Later

Later (formerly Latergramme) in Vancouver offers an Instagram focused social media marketing platform, which supports the planning and scheduling of content to Instagram, as well as Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.

Later Technical Details